By *lancouple321 OP   Couple  over a year ago

llanelli

How does people feel fab in wales is going now

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

R.I.P ??

I suppose its what and how you use the site ?

for Me, I have adapted to the site over the years and I love it

By *ovis and GreeneyesCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"I suppose its what and how you use the site ?

for Me, I have adapted to the site over the years and I love it

"

Same here really, not as good as it was but hey ho that's life

llanelli

We just find it so hard to talk with people now and go with the flow x

By *JB200Man  over a year ago

Neath

All depends on the day/time of the week bit hit and miss these days. Although definitely not the same as it used to be

I'm having fun here; met some wonderful people thus far. Next step is socials, clubs and parties for me xx

It certainly has turned into a hook up site. I just go to clubs now. It's easier to meet genuine people who actually respect the lifestyle.

By *oby le roneMan  over a year ago

amroth

Well I've recently moved into the social events. Very much enjoyed myself and meeting people. Taken me long enough though

By *elshcouple18Couple  over a year ago

Cardiff

A few social under our belts now, Bridgend on Sunday. Met a good range of people, had some naughty play, all good with us..

By *ikesfun1Man  over a year ago

bridgend

i think biggest issue is lots of rude people ( mostly single men - not all ) have made it so hard for people on here, i dont get why people are abusive if someone does not want to meet then thats their choice move on !! simple really

Go to a club meet the real people of this site and there truly goes your venture no ifs buts maybes those are the ones that want what they are on here for without the time wasters x

By *pples123456Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

"It certainly has turned into a hook up site. I just go to clubs now. It's easier to meet genuine people who actually respect the lifestyle."

By *aturemale51Man  over a year ago

port talbot

We use the forums more now as the welsh chat room is crap, years ago was great but gone down hill.

By *arcyDMan  over a year ago

Newport

Totally agree re Welsh chat room a few years ago very lively fun and friendly place. Fab has dropped off recently , has anyone found an alternative in the past used a well known friend finder dit but got fed up of spam and scammers

By *oody40Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

[Removed by poster at 22/10/21 10:00:39]

By *oody40Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

"We just find it so hard to talk with people now and go with the flow x"

Come along to Chams on a Saturday night for no pressure social, meet some great people x

By *ail_away1982Man  over a year ago

Varies due to work

A lot of single men are spoiling the site for others, by either not showing up to meets or hiding behind a couples profile

amroth

"A lot of single men are spoiling the site for others, by either not showing up to meets or hiding behind a couples profile"

It's not just single men. There's single women popping up like daisies advertising their Snapchat. My personal favourites are the ones that make status say how skint they are

They disappear only to pop back up again.

By *ail_away1982Man  over a year ago

Varies due to work

Yeah I agree. There’s all lot of women trying to build their SC/OF accounts up too

I agree, it seems very difficult to strike up a conversation. Lots of people using just one word answers. Or maybe I just bore them lol

"I agree, it seems very difficult to strike up a conversation. Lots of people using just one word answers. Or maybe I just bore them lol"

Or maybe they are just boring x

I think it all depends what you are looking for.

Fab functions well for me or perhaps I have worked round it x

By *ugarbearCouple  over a year ago

Tredegar

We used to getmessages from couple who wanted to meet for sex (not anymore) these days we get message from gys who want to sniff my knickers or want to wank into them so i guess fabs has changed,hence i don't meet much these days

If I am honest, fab isn’t what it use to be. A lot of fake profiles around now and people using the site for the wrong reasons. Also Covid didn’t help with effecting meetings. Like meeting have been far a few between recently

amroth

"I think it all depends what you are looking for.

Fab functions well for me or perhaps I have worked round it x "

I can agree with this. My mindset has changed a lot over the years. I started off with the hookup mentality. I started using the forum regularly and started making friends Which has lead me to my first couple of socials. I now look at the site in a different way. To me now it's the social aspects I'm starting to enjoy. Meeting new people and making friends. The sex side of it is the last thing on my mind, things like that will fall into place on their own.

If that makes sense

llanelli

We have been to the club and a few socials and do love going just it’s a fair spin up to the club for us so can’t always make it x

Its alright once you get through the 100s of messages of guys asking how you are 24/7. Had a few meets off here but we are starting to open up to the idea of going to clubs now.

By *r sugarandspiceMan  over a year ago

South Wales

Fab is my second home I love it lol

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

We had a fair few meets from fab years ago but it just seems like hard work now so clubs are the way forward for us.

We just stick around for the forums and club reviews.

By *ax-BangingMan  over a year ago

town

I spend more time blocking clearly fake profiles than ever. Clubs or socials are the only way to meet real swingers.

By *ust Us TogetherCouple  over a year ago

Newport

I think the site changed when Smartphones with fast big data usage plans became the norm. People, when they had to use their home computers, were more likely to be committed to the lifestyle and take their time in composing messages. These days a quick "text speak" one line message and guys think they will hook up straight away....

"I spend more time blocking clearly fake profiles than ever. Clubs or socials are the only way to meet real swingers."

Completely with you about socials and clubs.

amroth

"I spend more time blocking clearly fake profiles than ever. Clubs or socials are the only way to meet real swingers.

Completely with you about socials and clubs. "

Hang on I believe we video chatted before meeting at a social

"I spend more time blocking clearly fake profiles than ever. Clubs or socials are the only way to meet real swingers.

Hang on I believe we video chatted before meeting at a social "

Still not bought me that pint though have you???

There are a lot more fakes and time wasters of late! It’s what you make of it I guess

By *lmond SkinMan  over a year ago

Wales

Its a Rainforest for sure build up some courage and attend the socials meet and mingle with people be your self and take it from there

amroth

Hang on I believe we video chatted before meeting at a social

Still not bought me that pint though have you??? "

You was drinking wine on the last one. I'll be Buggered if I'm buying a pint of wine cost a fortune

There's a lot of women asking for money for meets now. Reported 2 this week. Getting silly really.

"There's a lot of women asking for money for meets now. Reported 2 this week. Getting silly really. "

This blows my mind!!!

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

It appears you can't actually say anything in the forum's incase it offends someone.

By *ittleLillyTV/TS  over a year ago

Pontypool

"There are a lot more fakes and time wasters of late! It’s what you make of it I guess "

The time wasters are getting out of hand. I think I’m only going to meet at clubs now as it’s the only way to meet genuine people.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I think the lockdowns have had a impact maybe.

Then again, I joined ten years ago, and there was just as much talk about “it’s not the way it was” then, if not more.

It’s just kinda the way of things .

By *edexcitementCouple  over a year ago

Blackwood

I do also feel that TikTok has a big part to blame, being such a huge platform now and having some users post that their partner has cheated using this site along with all messages on here. Its only bringing a negative advertisement for the site by genuine users.

By *atKat-xoxWoman  over a year ago

Neath,united kingdom

"I do also feel that TikTok has a big part to blame, being such a huge platform now and having some users post that their partner has cheated using this site along with all messages on here. Its only bringing a negative advertisement for the site by genuine users. "

Second this

amroth

"I do also feel that TikTok has a big part to blame, being such a huge platform now and having some users post that their partner has cheated using this site along with all messages on here. Its only bringing a negative advertisement for the site by genuine users.

Second this "

Can't disagree with you in things like this, I don't do tictok though so can't comment. But I do remember the time some roving reporter did a scoop about the Bridgend social and it ended up on failsonline and the mirror. There seemed to be an explosion of people after that.

"There are a lot more fakes and time wasters of late! It’s what you make of it I guess

The time wasters are getting out of hand. I think I’m only going to meet at clubs now as it’s the only way to meet genuine people. "

That's what I do now to be honest. Atleast that way you can gauge if you actually get on with the person rather than last minute oh fuck

By *ustUS in CardiffCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

It certainly has changed, especially since covid. Trying to find a genuine meet with couples on here has become almost impossible.

Posted a few meets on here recently, even for a party at ours, all a waste of time.

We live in hope!

I'd love to know what it was like before covid. I'm relatively new, but sounds like a very interesting place pre lockdown!

I enjoy it personally, although I have nothing to compare it to.

By *ustUS in CardiffCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

"I think the site changed when Smartphones with fast big data usage plans became the norm. People, when they had to use their home computers, were more likely to be committed to the lifestyle and take their time in composing messages. These days a quick "text speak" one line message and guys think they will hook up straight away....

"

You have a good point there. We still use our laptop for browsing, its much easier than using a smartphone too.

We also think its much safer to host here at home (much more relaxed & personal) rather than venture out into an overcrowded venue surrounded by who knows what.

By *ovis and GreeneyesCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"I'd love to know what it was like before covid. I'm relatively new, but sounds like a very interesting place pre lockdown!

I enjoy it personally, although I have nothing to compare it to."

Was much the same without the fakes and letdowns, there was still a fair share of idiots and single males pretending to be couples back then

"How does people feel fab in wales is going now "

As im the only North Wales comment i assume. There is 3 with Wales so im not counting them, it might answer the question really.

By *ert2020Man  over a year ago

Jersey / Swansea

Well has certainly been crap in the last couple of years used to meet up with nice people regular, but of late people vanish even when messaging and a lot don't turn up when meet arranged so going down hill

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

I think we always forget the bad stuff and just remember 'the good old days' with everything, fab included. We've been on the site for a out 8 years and it doesn't seem to have changed all that much.

Online dating apps have made it so easy to instantly dismiss someone for the smallest of things. There's also the Choice Overload paradox where we find it harder to chose when presented with so many options. Fab membership is enormous so we're faced with a wall of potentials to pick through which can be overwhelming.

Guess its what it is what you make of it to suit yourselves. Therte sre a lot of timewasters to be had. Its a leap of faith to trust those who want to keep the experience alive !!

By *jolnir85Man  over a year ago

Caerphilly

Definitely dead in South Wales area. But it’s reassuring to know I’m not the only one who thinks so.

I was beginning to think I just gave off a bad vibe. Lol

By *carlett AllureWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

Is seriously died in the forums recently #FFBR

amroth

"Is seriously died in the forums recently #FFBR"

By *lueBlueEyesMan  over a year ago

Swansea

Cant really make a firm judgement as I only pop on here every now and again . A lot of people I've met on here over the years and still meet up with are no longer on here. Main all round criticism from most is fake people / profiles etc. Generally that has always been the case. Usually getting to socials, parties etc. Helps you work out who the real people are. Once you work out who the genuine ones are, there should be lots of fun to be had!

By *elsh-guyMan  over a year ago

the land of the dragon and loads of sheep

Compare fab now to 10 years ago it has died slowly.

By *igG145Man  over a year ago

cwmbran

To many Messers and half the people on here are just for show no one wants to play / have fun

Not sure if its because im young but its getting really hard to find women to talk too these days.

Either not in there age range or they dont even read the message haha

cwmbran

"Not sure if its because im young but its getting really hard to find women to talk too these days.

Either not in there age range or they dont even read the message haha "

Know how you feel man

"Not sure if its because im young but its getting really hard to find women to talk too these days.

Know how you feel man "

It's the same for most of us regardless of age, it's just how it is.

cwmbran

Know how you feel man

It's the same for most of us regardless of age, it's just how it is."

Anyone know any other sites to try mite get a bit of luck

Know how you feel man

Anyone know any other sites to try mite get a bit of luck "

Yeah, fabguys

Know how you feel man

Anyone know any other sites to try mite get a bit of luck

Yeah, fabguys "

By *FFB69Woman  over a year ago

Torfaen/Gwent

"To many Messers and half the people on here are just for show no one wants to play / have fun "

Like... People who've been here 7 years with no verifications?

By *ite -meWoman  over a year ago

my house

"Compare fab now to 10 years ago it has died slowly."

By *elshykinkyMan  over a year ago

South Wales

From joining 15 years ago and making so many friends on an old profile, though I accept this is only my opinion, it has gone down hill a lot. But that is mostly to do with the site getting saturated with very undesirable people, be it fakes, etc. That was caused by people thinking it's fine to just go talking to every Tom, Dick and Harry about the site which subsequently resulted in journalists outing the site and events. I've seen some very good friends that attended most events, including private parties, leave the site since. I'm sure there is still a good crowd and as has been said, it's down to what you want from the site and how you use it...

By *urplechesterCouple  over a year ago

chester

We have noticed a big difference on here over the last year! We have no expectations, but are considering leaving due to the massive influx in fakes and time wasters in our area! Such a shame if we leave, but at least we’ll still have club visits to meet the genuine swingers! Miss pc

"How does people feel fab in wales is going now "

I’m still searching for my first one

By *aff_soloMan  over a year ago

S. Gloucs

I think the Covid pandemic has really hit Fab, people don’t put effort into communicating as they are reluctant to meet? Vaccine passports might help?

By *ia RooCouple  over a year ago

Port Talbot

we only meet people who we know are safe as covid is still around despite being double jabbed.

By *he love catsCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

Fab isn't too bad for us, would be a lot better if people would read the profile's before contacting you, also I think there's a lot more soft swing around these day's, mention a hotel room and they're gone. We do agree there's a lot more fake profiles around atm.

By *aydee65Man  over a year ago

Near Merthyr

Don't think its died just yet.... but it is mortally wounded.

By *ima7893Man  over a year ago

Cardiff (Home), London (Work)

As a single guy I used to have a great time on here and found it relatively easy to find meets - back around 2013/14/15.

This time around it’s still fun, just not in the same way.

By *shgre08Man  over a year ago

llanelli

Never seem to get anywhere in wales

By *hewankinmanMan  over a year ago

swansea

Died for me when I hit 56. Suddenly the replies just dried up

» Add a new message to this topic