FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > New club south west wales

New club south west wales

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *andm93 OP   Couple  over a year ago

st davids

Me and hubby are thinking of trying to get a club open down this end of wales the closest to us is cams in Newport and that’s still 2 half hours 1 way

We’re based in Pembrokeshire not sure if we would do well down here or going up the line just a little

Any input would be great has anybody tried this before ?

Would you Join?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ogerBottomsMan  over a year ago

Aberdare

I think there's definitely room for more than one club down this way, and I think you'd get a lot of people who like Newport coming down occasionally, while people from down that way who visit Newport occasionally would be your main membership. It might be that the licensing and logistics of it would be a nightmare, though. Worth looking into, and please do keep us posted.

By *efByOrgasmsMan  over a year ago

Heads of the Valleys

I hope you can pull this off. Many would thank you for it.

Maybe closer to Swansea would be better as a suggestion

By *he massuseMan  over a year ago

newport

I think it would struggle as far west as st davids, but swansea or llanelli might be ok. Im from newport and id travel to llanelli, not sure if I'd go to St davids without staying over.

By *indictiveMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

I would say it would be easily reachable from Swansea for the population density, how ever if you get a club that is amazing people will travel from all over! We travelled 2.5 hours for our first time so would definitely travel for the right club.

Imagine a club that is in a secluded area with amazing views to the sea, would need the right premises.

By *unshine500Man  over a year ago

west wales

St davids is actually a nice place to visit

, and the surrounding area, im sure there are plenty of local places to stay in for a weekend or a week’s holiday while down to the club meet,

But i also see the point other have said of being closer to the bigger cities like Llanelli or Swansea.

Good luck with it tho, as your offering something different for people a little bit more west

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Swansea would be ideal x

By *oupleOfFilthyWeirdosCouple  over a year ago

Merthyr Tydfil

I imagine Carmarthen would be a good Central location. Capturing the audience from further down west, while only being a short journey from Llanelli/Swansea.

Bridgend

"I imagine Carmarthen would be a good Central location. Capturing the audience from further down west, while only being a short journey from Llanelli/Swansea. "

Well at least Carmarthen allow you to apply for the licence!

https://www.carmarthenshire.gov.wales/home/business/licensing-permits/sex-establishments-licence/#.YZ4g7tDP2S4

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I think a club would struggle in most towns in West Wales. The population isn’t there.

I can see a “retreat” in the wilds being very attractive though - maybe a hotel or barms or something. Not sure about the legal side of it, though.

In essence, something that benefits from being in a quiet, mostly rural area, rather than beung restricted by that .

By *ixi n DogCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

Yes please! ??

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

I’d obviously be very interested in something like this down here… for those worrying about places to stay nearby there are obviously many hotels in Pembrokeshire… they’re even nearly finished building a huge new one in Milford Haven.

Pembrokeshire is obviously a very rural area with relatively small population, but if people travel in their hundreds of thousands to visit in the summer then surely you’d get enough willing to travel to keep a swing club going?

If it works out well, people will travel miles and miles. Think of the holidaymakers over the summer too, bound to be loads of swingers. Good luck with it.

st davids

Sorry haven't replied been so busy will message later thank you all for the response looking forward to reading xx

Would never last. most people from that part of the country are very narrow minded and dont like change or new things.

And its not a big place everyone knows everyone. Terrible buisness location, great idea opening a new club in wales

By *affygt61Man  over a year ago

rhondda

^^^^^ posts a message and leaves fabswingers, odd

By *affygt61Man  over a year ago

rhondda

Are you thinking of just over the weekend or weekdays. Maybe a couple of weekdays for tvs etc.

By *arcus14Man  over a year ago

cowbridge

I would deffo join, early retirement and my campervan steers itself west from Cowbridge on autopilot lol

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

"I think a club would struggle in most towns in West Wales. The population isn’t there.

I can see a “retreat” in the wilds being very attractive though - maybe a hotel or barms or something. Not sure about the legal side of it, though.

In essence, something that benefits from being in a quiet, mostly rural area, rather than beung restricted by that ."

A 'swingers retreat' in a rural setting would be fantastic! Open it up to naturists, artists or yoga types for non-swinger residential events and you'll be pretty busy!

By *izzy.miss.lizzyCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

we are in Pembs

not been to a club as a couple yet

but might consider it for future events if travel time wasn't too bad

carmarthen wouldn't be too bad, swansea would be a consideration, cardiff would probably be a bit too far for us

Bridgend

"I think a club would struggle in most towns in West Wales. The population isn’t there.

In essence, something that benefits from being in a quiet, mostly rural area, rather than beung restricted by that .

A 'swingers retreat' in a rural setting would be fantastic! Open it up to naturists, artists or yoga types for non-swinger residential events and you'll be pretty busy! "

That is a great idea! I would add have space for camping and or caravans (think secrets do this) to facilitate this.

By *he jesterMan  over a year ago

carmarthen

Carmarthenshire council may well let you apply for the license but it would be very interesting to see if they would actually approve it ?

However it would be great if one did come to Carmarthen as I'm sure it would do well !

By *roggMan  over a year ago

haverfordwest

Anything like that would obviously help the area on here but as other people have mentioned may be more successful in other areas should this actually happen

By *ltcouple69Couple  over a year ago

South Wales

Wales needs all the help it can get, very few open mined people we find, its like its 1967. We normally go to England to fun.

By *ilverjagMan  over a year ago

swansea

It's a lot of investment, and it will get a lot of interest initially, but long term, I'm not so sure if it would be sustainable. We had one here in Swansea and it didn't last. I'm led to believe that there was one there was one years ago in Maesteg, and that went too. I was actually quite surprised when The Clink closed. Although I wasn't a member myself, a lot of my friends and verifications were, and on the face of it seemed to be doing okay. There was a hotel down your way doing what was officially socials, but the lady owner was keen to join the scene. If that's still going, it's escaped my notice. Clubs other than in big urban surroundings seem to be a lot more of a niche market than people would have you believe. There is a naturist camp site down there that seems to do okay that but I'm told that swinging at the place has to be very descrete. I could elaborate more about draconian action that was taken by the police in Pembrokeshire. Nevern at Newport, which is going back years, didn't last.

Don't mean to sound negative, and best of luck anything that you try to get off the ground in Pembrokeshire, but I wouldn't give up your day jobs.

By *ixi n DogCouple  over a year ago

Pembrokeshire

"It's a lot of investment, and it will get a lot of interest initially, but long term, I'm not so sure if it would be sustainable. We had one here in Swansea and it didn't last. I'm led to believe that there was one there was one years ago in Maesteg, and that went too. I was actually quite surprised when The Clink closed. Although I wasn't a member myself, a lot of my friends and verifications were, and on the face of it seemed to be doing okay. There was a hotel down your way doing what was officially socials, but the lady owner was keen to join the scene. If that's still going, it's escaped my notice. Clubs other than in big urban surroundings seem to be a lot more of a niche market than people would have you believe. There is a naturist camp site down there that seems to do okay that but I'm told that swinging at the place has to be very descrete. I could elaborate more about draconian action that was taken by the police in Pembrokeshire. Nevern at Newport, which is going back years, didn't last.

Don't mean to sound negative, and best of luck anything that you try to get off the ground in Pembrokeshire, but I wouldn't give up your day jobs. "

I spent a lot of time at the naturist camp site you're speaking of, putting long, excited things into holes and mooching through bushes. Nothing exciting though, used to go in the winter to control the rabbits with my ferrets!

By *lipperywhenwet07Couple  over a year ago

llanelli

Think need to attract Swansea / Llanelli/ Carmarthen abs the west

Nothing too big but good parking

Hot tub always good

Easy access

Crosshands would be great area

llanelli

Given size of last Carmarthenshire social I’d say good interest

Pity they seem no more

Henry seems to have vanished I hope covid didn’t get him

By *nterprizeABCMan  over a year ago

Aberystwyth

Absolutely see this everywhere. Wouldn't mind so much if people actually kept the churches open, which they don't. Chapels closing everywhere. Too lazy to keep traditional culture going, too narrow-minded to try new things.

South Wales

"Absolutely see this everywhere. Wouldn't mind so much if people actually kept the churches open, which they don't. Chapels closing everywhere. Too lazy to keep traditional culture going, too narrow-minded to try new things. "

If the culture is a Witch-burning, conformist, narrow minded one, then the sooner it dies out the better.

This is never going to happen so pointless discussing it further us genuine swingers would like it but too many obstacles and not enough interest numbers wise to ever make this happen

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

"This is never going to happen so pointless discussing it further us genuine swingers would like it but too many obstacles and not enough interest numbers wise to ever make this happen "

Well not with that attitude

llanelli

"This is never going to happen so pointless discussing it further us genuine swingers would like it but too many obstacles and not enough interest numbers wise to ever make this happen "

As in the film

Build it and they will come

Carmarthen or Llenelli would be the best place for it. Get the population density from Swansea and is West enough to bring in Pembrokeshire.

Looks.like they already have the paperwork in the Carmarthenshire council page to apply for a license too. Just need to find a building.

South Wales

Would Cardiff or Newport not be best population wise?

I'm sure Llenelli has many empty, condemned, abondoned building you could try, place is one huge shit hole that should be flattened and rebuilt.

Aberystwyth

[Removed by poster at 01/12/21 19:52:10]

Aberystwyth

" If the culture is a Witch-burning, conformist, narrow minded one, then the sooner it dies out the better."

You do not know what the Church in Wales is like now if that is what you think it is.

Speaking as someone who is going to his first proper meet tomorrow, I have an open mind, and I am nonetheless sick of people saying that an ancient culture with beautiful hymms and wonderful architecture deserves to go extinct.

It's utterly unfair to the good and normal people that keeps those churches open (especially at christmas for everyone to use for a few hours for carol singing). None of them would want to burn witches.

Oh well. Good choir practice tonight, and first meet tomorrow. Yippee!

By *irtyd468Man  over a year ago

North

"Would Cardiff or Newport not be best population wise?

I'm sure Llenelli has many empty, condemned, abondoned building you could try, place is one huge shit hole that should be flattened and rebuilt."

I just think these pair are on a wind up now . Sad really so Ill just let them crack on

South Wales

" If the culture is a Witch-burning, conformist, narrow minded one, then the sooner it dies out the better.

You do not know what the Church in Wales is like now if that is what you think it is.

Speaking as someone who is going to his first proper meet tomorrow, I have an open mind, and I am nonetheless sick of people saying that an ancient culture with beautiful hymms and wonderful architecture deserves to go extinct.

It's utterly unfair to the good and normal people that keeps those churches open (especially at christmas for everyone to use for a few hours for carol singing). None of them would want to burn witches.

Oh well. Good choir practice tonight, and first meet tomorrow. Yippee!

"

Sorry it just sounds so 1860's with people with names like Ebenezer/Obidiah. Wales has a much older history then the damn mines. I much prefer its Celtic origins which the church repressed with savagery.

South Wales

I'm sure Llenelli has many empty, condemned, abondoned building you could try, place is one huge shit hole that should be flattened and rebuilt.

I just think these pair are on a wind up now . Sad really so Ill just let them crack on "

Why because you don't like the truth? Llenelli looks like it's in some sort of 1984 purgatory hell.

By *ewcomeMan  over a year ago

AMMANFORD

About five years ago a lot of interest was shown when the same type of business you are thinking of nearly opened.But his investors had cold feet.It was on the Kidwelly Road about five miles from Carmarthen.I was going to invest but it was not to be,but i certainly think you would be on to a winner no further west than Carmarthen.As others have said not to deep into Pembrokeshire which would involve staying away in some cases.The very best to you, i and a few friends will certainly visit very often,Jon.

Bridgend

"Sorry haven't replied been so busy will message later thank you all for the response looking forward to reading xx "

Just wondering if you had any further thoughts on this?

By *anrich111467Man  over a year ago

Gorseinon, Swansea

I think Carmarthen or Swansea best place

Aberystwyth

Maybe one day there will be a place in Ceredigion.

Hah ha, I jest....

By *kiolo1Couple  over a year ago

Whitland

Would love to join the party!

By *hris 62Man  over a year ago

HEREFORD

Yes Wales do with one up south ,I travel to Newport that's a hour drive for me ,I send a lot of time in summer at Barmouth on the official nudes beach, some time that nr there be good

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I just think these pair are on a wind up now . Sad really so Ill just let them crack on

Why because you don't like the truth? Llenelli looks like it's in some sort of 1984 purgatory hell."

Llanelli was a very busy, bustling town centre with a really good range of shops for a small town in 1984.

Out-of-town shopping, the loss of industry and the internet have all contributed to its downfall.

It’s sad to see for those of us who remember it back then.

By *irtytqCouple  over a year ago

pembroke

Very interested

Very up for that

By *fucksakeCouple  over a year ago

cuffilly

totally agree a money pit .all you need is the local god squad to get involvef and you are fucked.

By *ucalCouple  over a year ago

Llanelli

"Me and hubby are thinking of trying to get a club open down this end of wales the closest to us is cams in Newport and that’s still 2 half hours 1 way

We’re based in Pembrokeshire not sure if we would do well down here or going up the line just a little

Would you Join?

"

Hey there is defo a call for it, we are in the process ourselves of opening a club between Swansea and Carmarthen with a couple we met on here

Licensing has been a nightmare with the council so many conditions we have had to abide by and agree to we are hoping to be open by May/June

By *roggMan  over a year ago

haverfordwest

"Me and hubby are thinking of trying to get a club open down this end of wales the closest to us is cams in Newport and that’s still 2 half hours 1 way

Would you Join? Good luck with this hopefully will be well received certainly good for the area on here

Hey there is defo a call for it, we are in the process ourselves of opening a club between Swansea and Carmarthen with a couple we met on here

Licensing has been a nightmare with the council so many conditions we have had to abide by and agree to we are hoping to be open by May/June"

By *xxhornyMan  over a year ago

haverfordwest

Brilliant idea, although it would probably be best opening one in Carmarthen

Call it the mass-debating club I’m sure loads of people will cum

By *wmbranmikeMan  over a year ago

swansea

Would definetly come with my Mrs

I’d say Swansea is probably best it’s more central sort of thing but the idea is very welcome and I think you’d do well as it would save a lot of people the journey to Newport for sure. Merry Christmas

By *oasterMan  over a year ago

Sth Wales

By *oasterMan  over a year ago

Sth Wales

let us know where and when your likely to know and open

By *oveagoodtootMan  over a year ago

naughty town

Deffo thumbs up from me

Always love a

Rd trip

By *rManyhandsMan  over a year ago

Narberth

Been pondering on creating a retreat style sex positive space here on my land in South Pembrokeshire and converting the outbuildings.

But would require assistance with the skills, and hosting events.

llanelli

Would you Join?

Licensing has been a nightmare with the council so many conditions we have had to abide by and agree to we are hoping to be open by May/June"

Can’t wait to find out more

By *woscoopsswanseaMan  over a year ago

swansea

Keep us in the loop!!

By *iverredMan  over a year ago

Aberystwyth

"Maybe one day there will be a place in Ceredigion.

Hah ha, I jest...."

More hope of hell freezing over than Ceredigion council giving licence for a swingers club.

Maybe it’s a good idea not to cut people off like the OP have by not replying politely to previous messages only saying that as I have alcohol license and business management experience that could help them and I’d help

Anyone with will and passion for success. Always be polite and courteous I’d say x

By *exhornMan  over a year ago

city

I travel from Pembroke up the m4 a good bit. I would love to stop by if something was arranged .

By *almprintsWoman  over a year ago

Organising fun and chaos in West

I think something out this way, whether a club, retreat style land or a pop-up party is a great idea.

Why should Camarthen, Swansea and Cardiff have all the fun. Love a good group gathering. Good luck, I say.

By *j1981Man  over a year ago

cork

Be well interested to hear more on club in west wales... often would be staying in area on route back and forth to pembroke ferry

st davids

Cut people off? We only asked for peoples advice? :/ and we are sorry but we miss the forum posts we forget it’s actually there most of the times… but thankyou everyone for all the replies!! We have started looking into it all and hopefully get this ball rolling!

By *j1981Man  over a year ago

cork

Keep the balls rolling.... well done to u for putting in time to plan such things...

Every club... no matter what club for ... relys on organization...

New clubs always welcome! Especially down West

I would probably join,pity there wasn't one open years ago before I moved away from Pembrokeshire area

» Add a new message to this topic