FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Staying motivated for the winter?

Staying motivated for the winter?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *umpybumpy OP   Man  over a year ago

Newport

The fab spectrum of advice and opinion is always good to see.

I’ve finally got around to getting fitter and healthier over the last few months, but as it’s getting colder now has anyone got any (helpful) tips to stay motivated and active for the winter?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

Try and avoid vegetating. Once you get into a routine of hibernating in front of the TV with a load of snacks, it's really hard to get back out. You can still enjoy TV and snacks over winter but get up out of the chair regularly to stretch or do some squats or steps.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm always on the lookout for more customers so always thinking about things to do with that, I'm also decorating kids room, I can't stay still.

If your not a member of a gym join out better than running walking outside. Plus you will have the opportunity to meet new people too always a plus.

By *iminey_cricketsMan  over a year ago

barbican

An expensive option but a smart watch? It’ll remind you to move and it’ll help track goals. For example apples has rings to close.

By *atKat-xoxWoman  over a year ago

Neath,united kingdom

I found doing general house work helped me, I also love making my own soups so having appliances like a slow cooker etc also helps with my nutrition. You can do really easy,filling and healthy meals quickly.

By *heRazorsEdgeMan  over a year ago

Wales/ All over UK

"I found doing general house work helped me, I also love making my own soups so having appliances like a slow cooker etc also helps with my nutrition. You can do really easy,filling and healthy meals quickly."

My slow cooker has been a revelation!

Also I’ve found having a hobby and interacting with people who share it is very helpful.

Buy a really expensive gravel bike that will make you feel guilty every time you lol at it

By *indictiveMan  over a year ago

Bridgend

Join a team sport! I really struggle with going to the gym by myself, just dont have the motivation but when people rely on me to turn up I am much more motivated!

» Add a new message to this topic