FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Site suggestions

Site suggestions

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi all.

I have been using Fab for a long time now (on/off) and have seen it change dramatically over the years. I would say, for me, this is probably the worst state it has been in and I think many people agree, or atleast agree to a certain degree.

So having said that, what would you suggest that could improve the site in anyway,shape or form. I will kick off

- being able to comment on status updates

- remove the ability to fab a picture

- remove friend only pictures (yes I know I use them) or make it mandatory that everyone has atleast one picture of themselves public.

- remove the wink (it means nothing)

Feel free to suggest anything

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *carlett CumslutWoman  over a year ago

cardiff

The ability to fab pics can be removed via settings but only if that person wishes to.

The ability to comment on pictures or updates is a feature I love (and use on another website)

Friend only pictures are a huge feature I love (although not currently using here)

Winks - I agree, pointless

"The ability to fab pics can be removed via settings but only if that person wishes to.

The ability to comment on pictures or updates is a feature I love (and use on another website)

Friend only pictures are a huge feature I love (although not currently using here)

Winks - I agree, pointless"

Didn't realise there was a setting for fabbing pics. I still think removing the option completely would improve the site. There are a lot of 'fab pic' hunters here these days.

Friend only pictures I do kind of understand which is why the enforcement of a public picture would help.

Do you have any suggestions?

By *oby le roneMan  over a year ago

Treorchy

Make it so single males can't message first. The initial message comes from a couple or female. Would cut down on a lot of the shit messages women get inundated with.

"Make it so single males can't message first. The initial message comes from a couple or female. Would cut down on a lot of the shit messages women get inundated with. "

I think this would be a great idea. Would take some time I think as women generally don't like to message first but it most definitely makes sense

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Wouldn't work. You'd just have a tonne of men pretending to be a couple. I know you'd have to verify as a couple but im sure lots would work a way around that within the verification photo. And I get that women get alot of shitty messages but if you change your mail settings to just verified members that itself will cut out alot of the idiotic emails.

"Wouldn't work. You'd just have a tonne of men pretending to be a couple. I know you'd have to verify as a couple but im sure lots would work a way around that within the verification photo. And I get that women get alot of shitty messages but if you change your mail settings to just verified members that itself will cut out alot of the idiotic emails."

Very defeatist lol

Men do it now but it think with these tighter controls and making it only women or couples message first it would cut out a lot of the time wasters and deceitful people

I totally understand where you are coming from and agree it would put an end to it all. But it would just ruin the site for genuine males as well. We already put up with so much as it is.

It's a bit like car salesmen have such a bad rep so now all salesmen have a bad rep. I'm fed up of that, so certainly bring in more security measures to ensure all profiles are scrutinised so when a man messages you, you can be sure that person is real. I for one am verified, a site supporter and if I'm messaging a verified profile I attach a face photo and yet because I'm a man I'm still looked at as the car salesmen. So bring in tougher security measures and things should naturally improve and hopefully men won't be naturally seen in such a bad way.

cardiff

There’s very very few men/couples I have messaged first. I’d never get anywhere if I had to always instigate things

"I totally understand where you are coming from and agree it would put an end to it all. But it would just ruin the site for genuine males as well. We already put up with so much as it is.

It's a bit like car salesmen have such a bad rep so now all salesmen have a bad rep. I'm fed up of that, so certainly bring in more security measures to ensure all profiles are scrutinised so when a man messages you, you can be sure that person is real. I for one am verified, a site supporter and if I'm messaging a verified profile I attach a face photo and yet because I'm a man I'm still looked at as the car salesmen. So bring in tougher security measures and things should naturally improve and hopefully men won't be naturally seen in such a bad way."

Yes single men are seen negatively hear but I don't think it's the car salesman mentality that's the issue. Women are inundated and it becomes far to difficult to either be noticed or for the lady to even want to read what you have to say.

"There’s very very few men/couples I have messaged first. I’d never get anywhere if I had to always instigate things "

But from your response you imply that the man or the couple should?

"There’s very very few men/couples I have messaged first. I’d never get anywhere if I had to always instigate things "

But as I said previously, it would definitely take some time for the females of the site to adjust. Men are far more into the habit of messaging first as if they don't the likelihood of a female doing it is very very low.

This does spark my curiosity though.....why don't you message first?

I hear that women can get 200-300 messages at a time when they first join, I would suggest limiting the amount of messages they can have in the inbox.

So say 50 guys can message them (appreciate it still a big number)

cardiff

"There’s very very few men/couples I have messaged first. I’d never get anywhere if I had to always instigate things

This does spark my curiosity though.....why don't you message first?"

Because I’m not here looking for anything in particular - I have a vast social circle whom I keep in contact with here and use the forums a lot. I check my messages regularly and if a profile that slid in my DMs gets me attention then things go from there

By *woscoopsswanseaMan  over a year ago

swansea

Get rid of directing rooms.

They are generally filled with wanking blokes. I’m tarring with a brush I know, but generally the guys in there are more interested in quickies and one night stands than the life style.

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

The ability to edit messages if it's been delivered but no read

"There’s very very few men/couples I have messaged first. I’d never get anywhere if I had to always instigate things

This does spark my curiosity though.....why don't you message first?

Because I’m not here looking for anything in particular - I have a vast social circle whom I keep in contact with here and use the forums a lot. I check my messages regularly and if a profile that slid in my DMs gets me attention then things go from there "

Do you think this is the case for most women here?

Sorry to out this in you lol asking out of genuine curiosity

» Add a new message to this topic