New king

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *elshhung50 OP   Man  over a year ago

caerphilly

Do you think Charles will be good as king

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ust P3achyWoman  over a year ago

Lost in the Valleys

I just don't get a feel for him anymore, what is his vision for the UK? What his values are? He seems to have slipped into the background in recent years. I think William would be a better choice, if that had been an option X

By *elshhung50 OP   Man  over a year ago

caerphilly

Same here I would have thought wills be better

By *ancardiff7Man  over a year ago

Near Cowbridge

No such thing as a good King.

Absolutely insane that in the 21st century people subsume to someone purely on the basis of birthright.

By *idlaldiMan  over a year ago

bridgend

[Removed by poster at 10/09/22 14:11:05]

Lost in the Valleys

"No such thing as a good King.

Absolutely insane that in the 21st century people subsume to someone purely on the basis of birthright. "

Whist I would agree with that view we're not in a position where that's an option, sometimes it's about worse or worser, if that makes any sense at all. Either way it doesn't mean we can't be engaged in the conversation, or are you one of these 'woke' people who say that if we engage in the narrative, we're supporting it?

Near Cowbridge

Absolutely insane that in the 21st century people subsume to someone purely on the basis of birthright.

Whist I would agree with that view we're not in a position where that's an option, sometimes it's about worse or worser, if that makes any sense at all. Either way it doesn't mean we can't be engaged in the conversation, or are you one of these 'woke' people who say that if we engage in the narrative, we're supporting it?"

I see where you're coming from and respect your right to an opinion on the new King. Oh to have the choice over a royal family.

I encourage engagement with opposite arguments, I think that's where we've gone wrong as a society. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground anymore.

Lost in the Valleys

Whist I would agree with that view we're not in a position where that's an option, sometimes it's about worse or worser, if that makes any sense at all. Either way it doesn't mean we can't be engaged in the conversation, or are you one of these 'woke' people who say that if we engage in the narrative, we're supporting it?

I see where you're coming from and respect your right to an opinion on the new King. Oh to have the choice over a royal family.

I encourage engagement with opposite arguments, I think that's where we've gone wrong as a society. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground anymore. "

Maybe we have too much middle ground which is where the fence sitters reside. I'm not a royalist & would be happy to see them gone, but that's not a popular enough movement to change our landscape anytime soon, if it was I'd happily join it, but for now I'm happy to comment on both sides of a debate. My apologies for jumping on your comment like that X

Near Cowbridge

I encourage engagement with opposite arguments, I think that's where we've gone wrong as a society. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground anymore.

Maybe we have too much middle ground which is where the fence sitters reside. I'm not a royalist & would be happy to see them gone, but that's not a popular enough movement to change our landscape anytime soon, if it was I'd happily join it, but for now I'm happy to comment on both sides of a debate. My apologies for jumping on your comment like that X"

No need to apologise at all. Perhaps middle ground was the wrong description, I should have written compromise, tolerance and consensus. They all seem to be disappearing fast to me.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Do you think Charles will be good as king "

Na I think he will be fucking awful

His mother was kinda cute for an old lady, people liked her, so she kinda made a cool Queen for the people who are into that kinda thing

Charles doesn't really do anything for me in a personal or professional capacity

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

What will be a good king to some won't be good King to others

By *ac711Man  over a year ago

south Wales

|

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

He is already by his actions in last 3 days stepping up to the plate.

I believe he will be to a better king than we expect..

He will become a bridging point between the monarchy of old and a freer new style monarchy we will inherit when william becomes king.

Caught earlier some of a programme about previously private footage of her late majesty's life..where they quoted extracts from letters the late queen as a teenager wrote to her grandmother the late Queen mary, from which it is evident Queen Mary was quite influential in the grounding of the Queen for her future role.

This role that monarchs have to ground and prepare their off spring for their future duties is very much endorsed by the statement released by Prince William earlier today acknowledging her role in his life.

With the announcement by Charles that william will be the new Prince of Wales, I for one feel, wether others feel the same, william will do Wales proud in his new role, a role that he has prepared for by already residing in Wales whilst seving at RAF Valley on Anglesey, and of course being patron of the WRU.

Would be better mind you if they were to take up residence here...

By *affy103Couple  over a year ago

bridgend

Totally neutral to his capabilities, just wish he hadn't take Charles the turd as a title

» Add a new message to this topic