FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Cardiff social --- charity fundraising

Cardiff social --- charity fundraising

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Rex will have his hairy back waxed on the evening in aid of the Haiti earthquake appeal, if enough willing to watch and contribute ---very hairy back and lots to strip!

Pls confirm all who will contribute!!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

soz hun has already given so much of ma wages for that appeal cant do any more charity money for at least a month x

By *exeteraWoman  over a year ago

Bridgend

As much as I feel for the people of Haiti I think we have plenty of needy people in our own country I'd rather see supported.

Happy for others to discuss and agree the best benficiaries---main point is ---how many want to see a hairy back waxed and to 'have a go' at waxing a strip!!

"Happy for others to discuss and agree the best benficiaries---main point is ---how many want to see a hairy back waxed and to 'have a go' at waxing a strip!!"

While I take my hat off to you my lovelies for being willing to go through such pain and humiliation lol in the name of charity, am a little worried in case it alerts the attention of staff at the venue who may not deem such antics appropriate.

Sorry to be a killjoy...it's just something to think about. We want to maintain friendly relations with the management for future events...although am sure they'd be the first to agree that your actions are for a good cause. xxx

In the cold light of day probably agree Mand --and we certainly dont want to put any sort of damper on an excellent social event -- I am sure a charity waxing can wait until a later more private event!!

"In the cold light of day probably agree Mand --and we certainly dont want to put any sort of damper on an excellent social event -- I am sure a charity waxing can wait until a later more private event!!"

Once again I take my hat off to you both, this time for your diplomacy. Your intentions were good and I love the idea of raising money for those less fortunate than ourselves. Maybe we should think about ways of doing that guys. xxx

Could we not arrange for a bucket at the end of the night for us all to throw our loose change in and then split the money 50/50 between a cause here and the earthquake appeal??

"Could we not arrange for a bucket at the end of the night for us all to throw our loose change in and then split the money 50/50 between a cause here and the earthquake appeal??"

What a brilliant idea guys...you're on fire

There will be a receptacle at the social - oohh posh eh lol - for you kind folk to fill with any loose change or paper money you wish to part with in the name of charity.

Personally, I think the Haiti disaster is a very worthy cause as it's such a huge and tragic natural disaster touching so many lives. My heart bled yesterday watching images of a frightened lonely boy of 8 or 9 years old, sitting in a crowded hospital ward nursing a painful broken arm and sobbing for the mother he saw killed in the earthquake. And he was one of the lucky ones!!!

To make it fair we will also give to a charity based in the UK to ensure that charity really does "begin at home".

I hope you will all dig deep...I have faith in your generosity. xxx

» Add a new message to this topic