FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > #banbossy

#banbossy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There was the #banbossy campaign last year and multiple newspaper articles about adjectives only used to describe women such as bossy, hysterical and feisty.

I've just had a little discussion via pm where I took objection to being called a bossy bitch. I explained why as it's only used to describe women where as men get called strong willed or strong minded.

I then received a rant about him being anti feminist and that I'm not strong willed just a bossy bitch.

I literally cannot see how anybody can be anti feminist and a good person? To me feminists want equal rights that's it.

I just wanted to know if any other single females encounter this?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iffidusMan  over a year ago

newport

"There was the #banbossy campaign last year and multiple newspaper articles about adjectives only used to describe women such as bossy, hysterical and feisty.

I've just had a little discussion via pm where I took objection to being called a bossy bitch. I explained why as it's only used to describe women where as men get called strong willed or strong minded.

I then received a rant about him being anti feminist and that I'm not strong willed just a bossy bitch.

I literally cannot see how anybody can be anti feminist and a good person? To me feminists want equal rights that's it.

I just wanted to know if any other single females encounter this?

"

Everyone's afraid to answer lol x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

well as you all know due to my advanced years i chained myself to the railings in support of my suffragettes and will continue to support strong willed females and lets thank our lucky stars that there are a lot about

Lots of strong ladies on this site, you have to be strong to do this alone & get what you want out of it, but you'll always get people who view strong women in a negative light, seems not to be as desired a trait in women as it is in men. That's not a sweeping statement because there is continuum to all things & people with differing views X

By *ath_Neil_bifunCouple  over a year ago

penrhiwceiber

I've always been accused of being hysterical - ironically if it's face-to-face they scream it.

The problem these days is the rise of the feminazi.

I support equal rights for men and women. But a lot are seeking lesser rights for men

Like it's been said. Touchy subject.

"The problem these days is the rise of the feminazi.

I support equal rights for men and women. But a lot are seeking lesser rights for men

Like it's been said. Touchy subject."

Not so much a touchy subject... Just unfortunately strong opinionated woman who know their own minds have a tendency to intimidate people & I will say unwilling on times, which then in tern causes us being stereotype as a 'bossy b***h'

I have had a few men on this site say they find me intimidating, rather than bossy. Fuck knows why as those of you who know me properly know I am a right softie. I was mortified

Not so much a touchy subject... Just unfortunately strong opinionated woman who know their own minds have a tendency to intimidate people & I will say unwilling on times, which then in tern causes us being stereotype as a 'bossy b***h'"

Depends on your perspective. I have no problem with strong willed women. I'm not intimidated by women. In fact, a strong confident woman is most definitely a turn on.

However, on another message board, Where I shared my opinion that fathers should have just as much right to see their children after a divorce.

The response I got was mostly about how men like me should be castrated...

Hence - Rise of the Feminazi

I think men can get defensive if they feel threatened and that affects how they react. I'm not defending them and not saying they're right to act that, just how they can be. It's also part of why some men can't cope with rejection.

Miss P you're a pussy, fun and nothing other people say should affect how how you think about yourself.

newport

Not so much a touchy subject... Just unfortunately strong opinionated woman who know their own minds have a tendency to intimidate people & I will say unwilling on times, which then in tern causes us being stereotype as a 'bossy b***h'"

There is a big difference between intimidating women bossy women feminist women and the feminazi. For example you can very old fashioned intimidating women who are far from feminists. But equally men can be intimidating. That's a personality thing. Like a previous post said I have no issues with equal pay etc but feminists are being done no favours by the women who appear to "men haters" and want to reverse the trend by giving lesser rights to men. They in my opinion do more harm to the advancement of females rights than any man ever could.

Not something I've personally encountered on here as such, but in real life I've been called 'feisty'. I see that as a positive, I would be extremely pissed off though if I was seen as 'bossy' and certainly if I was called 'hysterical'. Hysteria denotes lack of control of emotions, and they'd be swiftly informed that ice queens don't have emotions

By *ax-BangingMan  over a year ago

town

Not so much a touchy subject... Just unfortunately strong opinionated woman who know their own minds have a tendency to intimidate people & I will say unwilling on times, which then in tern causes us being stereotype as a 'bossy b***h'

There is a big difference between intimidating women bossy women feminist women and the feminazi. For example you can very old fashioned intimidating women who are far from feminists. But equally men can be intimidating. That's a personality thing. Like a previous post said I have no issues with equal pay etc but feminists are being done no favours by the women who appear to "men haters" and want to reverse the trend by giving lesser rights to men. They in my opinion do more harm to the advancement of females rights than any man ever could.

"

Words of wisdom _iffidus

By *at and JamesCouple  over a year ago

Neath

Most people are afraid of change women were meant to be submissive this has changed and is still changing it takes time for some to get used to it but as to the comment about feisty women strong willed women men haters etc it's ying and yang the same can be said about men x

penrhiwceiber

Like it's been said. Touchy subject."

The amont of men who bang on about feminazis doesn't tally with the number of women who want to gas men and throw them into a mass grave. I think your victim status is overindulged, but not by me.

newport

The amont of men who bang on about feminazis doesn't tally with the number of women who want to gas men and throw them into a mass grave. I think your victim status is overindulged, but not by me."

All due respect that is cobblers. I'm not talking about your common or garden woman that you meet in the street I'm talking about the women journos in the daily mail and telegraph and that idiot woman the head of women agains rape which goes without saying is a laudible stance to take but unfortunately she says that a man accused of rape has no right to anonymity but hoes further by saying even when an allegation is proven as false the accuser should still remain anonymous. And she bases this on the premise that all men ALL men are potential rapists and solely responsible for the worlds ills. That is the type of so called feminist that some of us are referring to. Let's have more women bosses. Doesn't matter if the women's counterpart is more experienced or qualified let's have the woman so we can increase our "quota"

And I don't know if the previous poster is the male or female half but either way it's a pretty pompous attitude to take just because either you haven't been on the receiving end of it if you're the male or doled it out if you're female to assume everyone else's opinion is a case of "victim status" holier than thou much !!!

I don't see why a guy can't be called bossy, though i see your point about them generally seen differently, personally i have never done so, i don't see strong willed as an issue, bossy to me suggests someone who is rude, and strong willed suggests someone confident so there definitely different, the man in the OP does sound like he needs to grow up and accept strong women exist and the world is a better place for it.

newport

"I don't see why a guy can't be called bossy, though i see your point about them generally seen differently, personally i have never done so, i don't see strong willed as an issue, bossy to me suggests someone who is rude, and strong willed suggests someone confident so there definitely different, the man in the OP does sound like he needs to grow up and accept strong women exist and the world is a better place for it. "

Well said

"I have had a few men on this site say they find me intimidating, rather than bossy. Fuck knows why as those of you who know me properly know I am a right softie. I was mortified "

I think you're one of the nicest people I've met here, but like most of us what comes across on the forum rarely matches the person in the flesh, still wouldn't class you as intimidating just a straight talking woman x

newport

"I have had a few men on this site say they find me intimidating, rather than bossy. Fuck knows why as those of you who know me properly know I am a right softie. I was mortified

I think you're one of the nicest people I've met here, but like most of us what comes across on the forum rarely matches the person in the flesh, still wouldn't class you as intimidating just a straight talking woman x"

I agree with this I had the pleasure of watching you spill your drinks and chew with your mouth open but very good company and not at all intimidating xx

"I don't see why a guy can't be called bossy, though i see your point about them generally seen differently, personally i have never done so, i don't see strong willed as an issue, bossy to me suggests someone who is rude, and strong willed suggests someone confident so there definitely different, the man in the OP does sound like he needs to grow up and accept strong women exist and the world is a better place for it. "

Thankfully never found anybody on here intimidating, in person maybe it would be different, it is however very easy to come across rude on line, intended or otherwise because of both a lack of body language, tone or implied intentions, sadly the written word is a mine field for misinterpretation, misrepresentation and prejudice, soo i take the blanket approach of taking everything i read with a pinch of salt, unless there is no room for misunderstanding, some people genuinely are rude and some people just too blunt lol.

newport

"Thankfully never found anybody on here intimidating, in person maybe it would be different, it is however very easy to come across rude on line, intended or otherwise because of both a lack of body language, tone or implied intentions, sadly the written word is a mine field for misinterpretation, misrepresentation and prejudice, soo i take the blanket approach of taking everything i read with a pinch of salt, unless there is no room for misunderstanding, some people genuinely are rude and some people just too blunt lol."

Bollox. If u could see me now is be smirking

penrhiwceiber

The amont of men who bang on about feminazis doesn't tally with the number of women who want to gas men and throw them into a mass grave. I think your victim status is overindulged, but not by me.

All due respect that is cobblers. I'm not talking about your common or garden woman that you meet in the street I'm talking about the women journos in the daily mail and telegraph and that idiot woman the head of women agains rape which goes without saying is a laudible stance to take but unfortunately she says that a man accused of rape has no right to anonymity but hoes further by saying even when an allegation is proven as false the accuser should still remain anonymous. And she bases this on the premise that all men ALL men are potential rapists and solely responsible for the worlds ills. That is the type of so called feminist that some of us are referring to. Let's have more women bosses. Doesn't matter if the women's counterpart is more experienced or qualified let's have the woman so we can increase our "quota"

And I don't know if the previous poster is the male or female half but either way it's a pretty pompous attitude to take just because either you haven't been on the receiving end of it if you're the male or doled it out if you're female to assume everyone else's opinion is a case of "victim status" holier than thou much !!! "

Sounds like you aren't actually talking about feminists then doesn't it, so what are you whining about? That some women hate men? News flash - it works the other way too, plenty of women get murdered by men, but that isn't something that would matter to you because, like, bloody columnists and anti-rape campaigners, am I right? Don't even try to act like somehow you've been on the receiving end of sincere systematic discrimination as a white man in the uk. As to your comment about feminism and women having the kids - you're right! It's about time feminism sorted out all those deadbeat dads who can't be bothered with their kids, lazy isn't it to not want contact with your own children?

penrhiwceiber

At the end of the day, if you equate feminism with naziism then you're a sad individual.

newport

And I don't know if the previous poster is the male or female half but either way it's a pretty pompous attitude to take just because either you haven't been on the receiving end of it if you're the male or doled it out if you're female to assume everyone else's opinion is a case of "victim status" holier than thou much !!!

Sounds like you aren't actually talking about feminists then doesn't it, so what are you whining about? That some women hate men? News flash - it works the other way too, plenty of women get murdered by men, but that isn't something that would matter to you because, like, bloody columnists and anti-rape campaigners, am I right? Don't even try to act like somehow you've been on the receiving end of sincere systematic discrimination as a white man in the uk. As to your comment about feminism and women having the kids - you're right! It's about time feminism sorted out all those deadbeat dads who can't be bothered with their kids, lazy isn't it to not want contact with your own children?

"

Who are you to say what I have or haven't been a victim of? I only replied to your post as you seemed to imply that anyone that doesn't share your cloistered view of the world has a "victim status". Whatever you want to say is fine by me I won't waste my eyesight reading any reply you make some people can't have a discussion without assuming they are in the right and nobody is allowed to differ in their view or risk being labelled some cliched group or another haha. Cya

penrhiwceiber

Who are you to say what I have or haven't been a victim of? I only replied to your post as you seemed to imply that anyone that doesn't share your cloistered view of the world has a "victim status". Whatever you want to say is fine by me I won't waste my eyesight reading any reply you make some people can't have a discussion without assuming they are in the right and nobody is allowed to differ in their view or risk being labelled some cliched group or another haha. Cya "

Who am I to day what you have or haven't been the victim of? Hon, if you're a white guy living in the uk you have not been the recipient of systematic discrimination -I'm not saying you might not have been the victim of crime, of Sod's law, of shit weather, of loss - I'm saying you haven't been the victim of systematic discrimination, within the context of gender based discrimination, as this is the topic. I don't need to know anything about you at all, that's the way it's set up, and that's why I'm feminist. My closeted view of the world doesn't lead me to think feminism equates to naziism, and if it did, I'd rather be closeted than terminally undereducated as you are. Feminism = equality! but you, in your first comment, derail the conversation to complain about a contradictory and non-existant type of female (and then complain about people risking being labelled as some clichéd group or another - hypocrite) Talk about the topic with the respect it deserves and you'll get some back, use the topic to complain about how hard men get it and be prepared to be looked down on, because it's bollocks, with all. Due. Respect.

penrhiwceiber

You complain feminized ate stealing men's kids, but that isn't you playing victim???

"I have had a few men on this site say they find me intimidating, rather than bossy. Fuck knows why as those of you who know me properly know I am a right softie. I was mortified

I think you're one of the nicest people I've met here, but like most of us what comes across on the forum rarely matches the person in the flesh, still wouldn't class you as intimidating just a straight talking woman x

I agree with this I had the pleasure of watching you spill your drinks and chew with your mouth open but very good company and not at all intimidating xx"

That made me giggle because I've seen it too

By *all Mid WalesMan  over a year ago

Mid Wales

I think you're one of the nicest people I've met here, but like most of us what comes across on the forum rarely matches the person in the flesh, still wouldn't class you as intimidating just a straight talking woman x"

That is one problem with forums or texting, tou can see the body language of the person, hear the tone of their voice so when reading it is all too easy to misunderstand the contaxt of what is being said

I agree with this I had the pleasure of watching you spill your drinks and chew with your mouth open but very good company and not at all intimidating xx

That made me giggle because I've seen it too "

Thanks for that you two !!

Kgirl ffs start threads on tits and arse next time lol

newport

Thanks for that you two !! "

Always a pleasure never a chore

newport

Always a pleasure never a chore "

And on that note I'm taking me and my bad back to bed x

And on that note I'm taking me and my bad back to bed x"

Well I did offer to cure your back

newport

Well I did offer to cure your back "

My memory is that u were going to cripple me lmao xx

Well I did offer to cure your back

My memory is that u were going to cripple me lmao xx"

I fucking will if you carry on!!

Nothing wrong with 'bossy bitches' mun, it's those and fat bottom girls that make my rockin' world go round. Hahaha.

what was said is taken differently as usual.

its a bit like mickey mouse at his lawyers..he said "I Didn't say MINNEY had buck teeth i said ..she was FUCKING GOOFY....

By *onny-n-clydeCouple  over a year ago

cwmbran,

[Removed by poster at 28/04/15 22:25:45]

By *onny-n-clydeCouple  over a year ago

cwmbran,

"Not something I've personally encountered on here as such, but in real life I've been called 'feisty'. I see that as a positive, I would be extremely pissed off though if I was seen as 'bossy' and certainly if I was called 'hysterical'. Hysteria denotes lack of control of emotions, and they'd be swiftly informed that ice queens don't have emotions "

» Add a new message to this topic