FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > For all you newbie campers going on camps - the essentials list!

For all you newbie campers going on camps - the essentials list!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Camping essentials list!

Being asked by newbies to camping what they'll need to bring with them, so decided to make this post - lots of camps going on so hope this will be of help to those who need it.

Here goes....

* Tent! Also make sure that you have all poles and tent pegs.

* Something to sleep on! An air bed or something similar.

*Pump for said air bed but I'm sure there will be people at camps who'll lend you theirs.

*A bottom sheet for whatever you're sleeping on, I find that because anything inflatable is plastic if it's hot you'll be getting hot and sticky/sweaty.

*Sleeping bag or duvet.

*Pillow.

*Something to sit on/lay on.

*Something to lock your tent zips up.

*torch/tent light.

*Plastic Plate

*Plastic Bowl

*Couple of plastic cups.

*Knife, fork, spoon.

If you plan on cooking yourself or food isn't available.

*A cooker and it's required fuel.

*Saucepan or multiples.

*Something to stir or pick up.

*bucket so you can do your washing up.

*Detergent

*tea towel/kitchen roll

*something to put your rubbish in!

*Clothing for every weather!

*Towels.

*Swim suit and or choice of attire for enjoying the sun.

*Sun Cream.

*Sun shades.

*Shower gel/soap.

*Shampoo and conditioner.

*Tooth paste.

*Tooth brush.

*Ladies don't forget your hair dryer and styling tools.

Most importantly, protection! Although some condoms and lube will be available at the camp I'm running for instance.

Any medication you're taking!

And the following for any singles attending.

If you have an illness that could likely cause concern let the hosts of the event know and give them a sealed envelope with details of your condition and instructions you may need to give or contact details or whatever you feel they'd need to know.

Any preventative or emergency medication again I'd give some to the hosts.

Have fun y'all

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Camping essentials list!

Being asked by newbies to camping what they'll need to bring with them, so decided to make this post - lots of camps going on so hope this will be of help to those who need it.

Here goes....

* Tent! Also make sure that you have all poles and tent pegs.

* Something to sleep on! An air bed or something similar.

*Pump for said air bed but I'm sure there will be people at camps who'll lend you theirs.

*A bottom sheet for whatever you're sleeping on, I find that because anything inflatable is plastic if it's hot you'll be getting hot and sticky/sweaty.

*Sleeping bag or duvet.

*Pillow.

*Something to sit on/lay on.

*Something to lock your tent zips up.

*torch/tent light.

*Plastic Plate

*Plastic Bowl

*Couple of plastic cups.

*Knife, fork, spoon.

If you plan on cooking yourself or food isn't available.

*A cooker and it's required fuel.

*Saucepan or multiples.

*Something to stir or pick up.

*bucket so you can do your washing up.

*Detergent

*tea towel/kitchen roll

*something to put your rubbish in!

*Clothing for every weather!

*Towels.

*Swim suit and or choice of attire for enjoying the sun.

*Sun Cream.

*Sun shades.

*Shower gel/soap.

*Shampoo and conditioner.

*Tooth paste.

*Tooth brush.

*Ladies don't forget your hair dryer and styling tools.

Most importantly, protection! Although some condoms and lube will be available at the camp I'm running for instance.

Any medication you're taking!

And the following for any singles attending.

If you have an illness that could likely cause concern let the hosts of the event know and give them a sealed envelope with details of your condition and instructions you may need to give or contact details or whatever you feel they'd need to know.

Any preventative or emergency medication again I'd give some to the hosts.

Have fun y'all

"

Christ I can see why they call it glamping lol

I personally would never put a lock on my tent as it's giving people ideas there might be something of intrest in there

So the buggers will just slash your tent

That's my opinion and I've seen it done loads of times

Fuckkk!!!

My list looks nothing like that

Mime goes

Tent

Sleeping bag

Alcohol

Alcohol

Alcohol

Condoms

By *ires_and_IceCouple  over a year ago

Over the Rainbow

Fly repellant lol xx

recommended is the avon skin so soft spray it's turned out to be excellent I am told xxxx

Jungle formula to keep pests away, shame it doesn't work on forum threads

Just bringing my clothes and alcohol everything else is in the van got plenty of Avon so soft in there so no need for people to go buying any I've been camping all my life and have never seen a tent being slashed and I would like to think our fellow swingers were above that xxx

"Fuckkk!!!

Mime goes

Tent

Sleeping bag

Alcohol

Alcohol

Alcohol

Condoms

"

Haha, you forgot a bobble and mouthwash

"Fly repellant lol xx

recommended is the avon skin so soft spray it's turned out to be excellent I am told xxxx "

Great for horses too that.

"Just bringing my clothes and alcohol everything else is in the van got plenty of Avon so soft in there so no need for people to go buying any I've been camping all my life and have never seen a tent being slashed and I would like to think our fellow swingers were above that xxx"

And I commented on the thread as a whole.as it didn't state just swinging camps it was a run down of essentials for all camps

And yep I've seen a few tents slashed when I've been away

"Jungle formula to keep pests away, shame it doesn't work on forum threads"

"Just bringing my clothes and alcohol everything else is in the van got plenty of Avon so soft in there so no need for people to go buying any I've been camping all my life and have never seen a tent being slashed and I would like to think our fellow swingers were above that xxx

And I commented on the thread as a whole.as it didn't state just swinging

camps it was a run down of essentials for all camps

And yep I've seen a few tents slashed when I've been away "

Fuck me hope I never camp in the places you have

No need to fear for valuables at my camp as certified security on site.

However, id still lock my tent in the night, as much as we all strive to only invite verified members to camps we cannot assure somebodies d*unken behaviour thinking they can enter somebodies tent whilst their having fun or whatever.

I've had a bucket stolen before, and somebody pulled my tent pegs out last time I camped - tent envy/kids - meh!

I've never seen a tent slashing because on a campsite there are always too many people around to get up to no good anyway.

By *actileluvaMan  over a year ago

valleys

Condoms are also good for holding water. Unless they are lubricated ones.

Over the Rainbow

"Fly repellant lol xx

recommended is the avon skin so soft spray it's turned out to be excellent I am told xxxx

Great for horses too that. "

yup lol xxx will nake sure they are covered when we go for our spin lol xxxx

"I've had a bucket stolen before, and somebody pulled my tent pegs out last time I camped - tent envy/kids - meh!

I've never seen a tent slashing because on a campsite there are always too many people around to get up to no good anyway.

"

So I'm lying????

You posted saying a lock for your tent.

I personally like I said above wouldn't lock my tent as ive seen a few get slashed.

If they want to get in they will.

I never once said at your campsite.

You never once stated your campsite or just a swingers camp it was open to all campers

I forgot I just gotta sit back and agree and not have a opinion.

What ever people decide to do when they are camping that's up to them

Fuck me, What an epic list?! Pmsl

I took less for a week climbing Kilamanjaro!? Lol

Tent

Ground mat

A few disposable bbqs

A few paper plates and a plastic wine glass.

Cool bag

I freeze all my bottled water and use it as freezer packs & drink it when it melts.

Toiletries

Hair dryer? Wtf?! Lol

I'm crying laughing at the list lol

I've seen tents slashed at loads of festivals. If someone wants to nick your stuff they will do it with or without a padlock. lol

You point out to me at what point I said you were a liar

I've been going camping since I was a few years past being a twitch in my old mans nut sack and can honestly say, even when I worked on campsites in my late teens, I've never heard of anybodies tent being slashed to gain entry for a theft to take place.

Campsites are generally very safe places, yes I've heard of windbreakers being stolen or the odd chair or something left outside a tent but I'd assume the petty criminal would know if somebody wasn't in their tent they'd have wallets, jewellery and anything of high value with them anyway.

Yes these days people may take TVs and stuff with them but they'd be seen walking around with one by somebody if they stole one. No hiding in open spaces is there.

Oh I see a pattern here

Point of this post is to highlight what newbie campers would possibly need.

Sorry to those who don't wash, eat off plates, drink out of cups, women who don't do their hair and so on... MY BAD!

good job we wont be climbing Kilamanjaro my van wont get up there or going to a festival wouldn't want some low life slashing my awning the cheek of some people good job proper campers now how to behave

"I've had a bucket stolen before, and somebody pulled my tent pegs out last time I camped - tent envy/kids - meh!

So I'm lying????

You posted saying a lock for your tent.

I personally like I said above wouldn't lock my tent as ive seen a few get slashed.

If they want to get in they will.

I never once said at your campsite.

You never once stated your campsite or just a swingers camp it was open to all campers

I forgot I just gotta sit back and agree and not have a opinion.

What ever people decide to do when they are camping that's up to them "

For me the best part of the forums are the opinions, I mean why let truth or facts get in the way of an opinion?

"Fuckkk!!!

Mime goes

Tent

Sleeping bag

Alcohol

Alcohol

Alcohol

Condoms

"

What about the kittens?

"Oh I see a pattern here

Sorry to those who don't wash, eat off plates, drink out of cups, women who don't do their hair and so on... MY BAD!

"

what pattern?

Only pattern I see is some 20 yr old lad telling people how to do basic things. Like use a condom. Take a plate camping... We aren't all a bunch of fucking numptys! Lol

Tell me, how do you think I should do my hair when I go camping? Oh wise one? Should I have a blow dry? Use heated rollers? Straighteners?

Pmsl

"good job we wont be climbing Kilamanjaro my van wont get up there or going to a festival wouldn't want some low life slashing my awning the cheek of some people good job proper campers now how to behave "
it is a good job! If you need to take things to do your hair, then festivals definitely aren't for you! Better stick to Tenby!

"Oh I see a pattern here

"

You would be better off apologising for being patronising and telling people to take a toothbrush and other basic fucking things. As I've said. We aren't all total idiots!

"Fuckkk!!!

Mime goes

Tent

Sleeping bag

Alcohol

Alcohol

Alcohol

Condoms

"

A serious list would read as mine below (underneaff for the unedumacated)

Every day alcohol

Alcohol for special occasion

Alcohol for sharing

Alcohol for replacing spillages

Alcohol for emergencies

Alcohol for medical reasons

Alcohol to fill a pool just in case there's no water

Alcohol in cans so you can throw the empties at flies (best repellent ever)

Alcohol just in case it rains

Boxes of alcohol just in case you forget shoes you can use the said boxes as footwear

More boxes of alcohol just in case your tent vanishes or gets slashed by a random tent slasher, as above but replace shoes with tent and extend the amount if required boxes

Alcohol to forget why you went camping

Alcohol to help you sleep

Alcohol for a reason to wake up for

Some gaffer tape

A can if wd 40

A box if matches

"Oh I see a pattern here

You would be better off apologising for being patronising and telling people to take a toothbrush and other basic fucking things. As I've said. We aren't all total idiots! "

No not all if us

"good job we wont be climbing Kilamanjaro my van wont get up there or going to a festival wouldn't want some low life slashing my awning the cheek of some people good job proper campers now how to behave it is a good job! If you need to take things to do your hair, then festivals definitely aren't for you! Better stick to Tenby! "

My ultimate dream is to reach the summit of north beach, many try, many fail.

"good job we wont be climbing Kilamanjaro my van wont get up there or going to a festival wouldn't want some low life slashing my awning the cheek of some people good job proper campers now how to behave it is a good job! If you need to take things to do your hair, then festivals definitely aren't for you! Better stick to Tenby! "

I intend too don't worry I don't like slumbing it and a festival wouldn't appeal to me in the slightest and the only thing I take to do my hair is shampoo and a brush !

"Oh I see a pattern here

what pattern?

Only pattern I see is some 20 yr old lad telling people how to do basic things. Like use a condom. Take a plate camping... We aren't all a bunch of fucking numptys! Lol

Tell me, how do you think I should do my hair when I go camping? Oh wise one? Should I have a blow dry? Use heated rollers? Straighteners?

Pmsl"

May I humbly suggest you consult SIA for advice there, I'm not down with the kids like but the name came up on google

"Oh I see a pattern here

You would be better off apologising for being patronising and telling people to take a toothbrush and other basic fucking things. As I've said. We aren't all total idiots! "

Patronising?

Really?

The opinion of somebody who cannot express themselves without the use of foul language

finding it hard to see your point when it's a check list for somebody new to camping who wanted something to refer back to so they didn't forget anything or needed to know what would be useful.

This thread like most other start off with the right intention and then it takes one person to drop a negative and then the sheep find holes to pick at.

Anybody taking offence to a check/tick list so you don't forget anything please raise your hand. I'll hang my head in shame.

Don't forget warm socks for bed and suitable shoes for walking on wet ground to the loo in the middle of the night

"Don't forget warm socks for bed and suitable shoes for walking on wet ground to the loo in the middle of the night "

And alcohol

"Oh I see a pattern here

You would be better off apologising for being patronising and telling people to take a toothbrush and other basic fucking things. As I've said. We aren't all total idiots!

Patronising?

Really?

The opinion of somebody who cannot express themselves without the use of foul language

finding it hard to see your point when it's a check list for somebody new to camping who wanted something to refer back to so they didn't forget anything or needed to know what would be useful.

This thread like most other start off with the right intention and then it takes one person to drop a negative and then the sheep find holes to pick at.

Anybody taking offence to a check/tick list so you don't forget anything please raise your hand. I'll hang my head in shame. "

yes that's right I swear. As do most adults. Man up princess and get back to writing your lists to tell people what to pack for a few nights away from home!

And yes, I do find you very patronising. Even more so, now you are telling me how I should communicate. Lol carry on writing your lists, and I'll carry on laughing at the patronising nature of them!

"Oh I see a pattern here

what pattern?

Pmsl"

Might I suggest you just take a bobble if you don't take a hair dryer or whatever with you?

Well not esentally a bobble but you could just tie it back like, loads of options like hair bands and so on.... Unless your hair dries cool naturally then just tweak it to suit.

But hey, I'm no stylist... I'm also not 20 you style your hair as you see fit.

Over the Rainbow

Flip flops lol xxxx

By *pples123456Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Don't forget warm socks for bed and suitable shoes for walking on wet ground to the loo in the middle of the night

And alcohol"

Solar panel phone charger, so you can keep people updated minute by minute on the consumption of alcohol and what the wild life are having for breakfast

"Oh I see a pattern here

Patronising?

Really?

Anybody taking offence to a check/tick list so you don't forget anything please raise your hand. I'll hang my head in shame. yes that's right I swear. As do most adults. Man up princess and get back to writing your lists to tell people what to pack for a few nights away from home!

And yes, I do find you very patronising. Even more so, now you are telling me how I should communicate. Lol carry on writing your lists, and I'll carry on laughing at the patronising nature of them!

"

A wolf doesn't care for the opinion of sheep.

Find me as you like, I'm sure folk have already made a pretty accurate option of you ranting over a tick list at the request of others.

But hey, you shout and scream all you like sweets, I'm sure you'll find inner peace not to get angry over hair dryers and tooth brushes one day.

well im camping at the steelhouse and im taking tent sleeping bag toothbrush and lots of cans been doing it for years with no problems

"Flip flops lol xxxx"

Save on packing just take a flip, or a flop, leaving more room for alcohol

"Oh I see a pattern here

Patronising?

Really?

Anybody taking offence to a check/tick list so you don't forget anything please raise your hand. I'll hang my head in shame. yes that's right I swear. As do most adults. Man up princess and get back to writing your lists to tell people what to pack for a few nights away from home!

Find me as you like, I'm sure folk have already made a pretty accurate option of you ranting over a tick list at the request of others.

But hey, you shout and scream all you like sweets, I'm sure you'll find inner peace not to get angry over hair dryers and tooth brushes one day. "

well I for one appreciate your checklist I camp nearly every other weekend through the summer and you can guarantee I,ll forget something but one thing I never forget is

ALCOHOL

Over the Rainbow

"Flip flops lol xxxx

Save on packing just take a flip, or a flop, leaving more room for alcohol"

ahh must have alcohol agree lol xxx

"well im camping at the steelhouse and im taking tent sleeping bag toothbrush and lots of cans been doing it for years with no problems"

The way forward is to take enough packs of beer to build a tent out of, that way you have less to stagger home with

By *untime biatchWoman  over a year ago

ova by ea wales

"Just bringing my clothes and alcohol everything else is in the van got plenty of Avon so soft in there so no need for people to go buying any I've been camping all my life and have never seen a tent being slashed and I would like to think our fellow swingers were above that xxx"

"Flip flops lol xxxx

Save on packing just take a flip, or a flop, leaving more room for alcohol"

Or just wear said flip flops when you go - no space taken.

ova by ea wales

"Oh I see a pattern here

Patronising?

Really?

But hey, you shout and scream all you like sweets, I'm sure you'll find inner peace not to get angry over hair dryers and tooth brushes one day.

well I for one appreciate your checklist I camp nearly every other weekend through the summer and you can guarantee I,ll forget something but one thing I never forget is

ALCOHOL "

Is fridge big enof 4 all my bow ???pmsl xx

"Oh I see a pattern here

Patronising?

Really?

ALCOHOL Is fridge big enof 4 all my bow ???pmsl xx"

quick! Add it to the list lol

"Oh I see a pattern here

Patronising?

Really?

ALCOHOL "

Do you go anywhere nice like Killamangiro, or jus Tenby like?

Ps see the spelling mistake don't bother saying angina like cos it's like an homage to the Libertines

that's my outfit sorted just ordered it from ann summers I,m coming as a copper so I can sort out all them pesky tent slashers my truncheon will be inserted anally into anyone committing said crimes

"Oh I see a pattern here

Patronising?

Really?

But hey, you shout and scream all you like sweets, I'm sure you'll find inner peace not to get angry over hair dryers and tooth brushes one day. "

yeah I know a lot of people, who have actually met me in the flesh. So I don't worry about the opinions of "sheep" as you put it.

Don't worry yourself about what people think of me. I don't.

Off you go now..

"Oh I see a pattern here

Patronising?

Really?

ALCOHOL

Do you go anywhere nice like Killamangiro, or jus Tenby like?

Ps see the spelling mistake don't bother saying angina like cos it's like an homage to the Libertines"

That was supposed to say anything, I hate this phone, I'm too old to be modern ffs

"that's my outfit sorted just ordered it from ann summers I,m coming as a copper so I can sort out all them pesky tent slashers my truncheon will be inserted anally into anyone committing said crimes "

So will you be taking the padlock as suggested my the op? Maybe he can use it on his mouth?

"Oh I see a pattern here

Patronising?

Really?

ALCOHOL Is fridge big enof 4 all my bow ???pmsl xx quick! Add it to the list lol "

what a fridge ?

[Removed by poster at 30/06/15 20:00:05]

"Oh I see a pattern here

Patronising?

Really?

But hey, you shout and scream all you like sweets, I'm sure you'll find inner peace not to get angry over hair dryers and tooth brushes one day. yeah I know a lot of people, who have actually met me in the flesh. So I don't worry about the opinions of "sheep" as you put it.

Off you go now..

If your not worried about peoples opinion of you then why defend yourself?"

"that's my outfit sorted just ordered it from ann summers I,m coming as a copper so I can sort out all them pesky tent slashers my truncheon will be inserted anally into anyone committing said crimes

So will you be taking the padlock as suggested my the op? Maybe he can use it on his mouth?"

no I have a door lock on my van no padlock needed

"Oh I see a pattern here

Patronising?

Really?

But hey, you shout and scream all you like sweets, I'm sure you'll find inner peace not to get angry over hair dryers and tooth brushes one day. yeah I know a lot of people, who have actually met me in the flesh. So I don't worry about the opinions of "sheep" as you put it.

Off you go now..

If your not worried about peoples opinion of you then why defend yourself?"

there is a difference in argument here.

I am saying he is patronizing in the tone and nature of his posts.

He is commenting on me as an individual. Big difference.

Perhaps you are one of the people who need to be told to take a duvet, tent and tooth brush camping. I'm not. Therefore I find it patronizing.

I could make a lot of comments about him as a person, however I don't, because I don't know him. I also don't presume to know what other fab members think of him... However my verifications speak on my behalf.

"well im camping at the steelhouse and im taking tent sleeping bag toothbrush and lots of cans been doing it for years with no problems

The way forward is to take enough packs of beer to build a tent out of, that way you have less to stagger home with"

fucking perfect your a genius

I can't stop singing to myself now " I've been to paradiseeeeeeeee,,,,,,,, but I've never been to killimanjaro"

"well im camping at the steelhouse and im taking tent sleeping bag toothbrush and lots of cans been doing it for years with no problems

The way forward is to take enough packs of beer to build a tent out of, that way you have less to stagger home with fucking perfect your a genius "

Mate with my nous, your looks, body, money ( I ain't got any see) we could go far, at least as far as the nearest Asda for beer

"Oh I see a pattern here

Patronising?

Really?

Off you go now.."

Off I go from my own thread?

I don't personally care what people think of you, nor do I care you have issues with tooth brush reminders on check lists that people asked me to write so they don't forget anything when they attend camps

ova by ea wales

"that's my outfit sorted just ordered it from ann summers I,m coming as a copper so I can sort out all them pesky tent slashers my truncheon will be inserted anally into anyone committing said crimes "
il bring cuffs my big bro is a copper

ova by ea wales

The way forward is to take enough packs of beer to build a tent out of, that way you have less to stagger home with fucking perfect your a genius

Mate with my nous, your looks, body, money ( I ain't got any see) we could go far, at least as far as the nearest Asda for beer"

and bow 4 da biatch

The way forward is to take enough packs of beer to build a tent out of, that way you have less to stagger home with fucking perfect your a genius

Mate with my nous, your looks, body, money ( I ain't got any see) we could go far, at least as far as the nearest Asda for beer"

sorry my money will only get as far as aldi

"Oh I see a pattern here

Patronising?

Really?

Off you go now..

If your not worried about peoples opinion of you then why defend yourself? there is a difference in argument here.

Perhaps you are one of the people who need to be told to take a duvet, tent and tooth brush camping. I'm not. Therefore I find it patronizing.

I could make a lot of comments about him as a person, however I don't, because I don't know him. I also don't presume to know what other fab members think of him... However my verifications speak on my behalf.

"

I wholeheartedly apologise I was unaware of the fact that you had the ability to analyse someone's thought process by a few forum posts.

For those not blessed with this ability I would like to point out the above comment is sarcasm.

Out of interest Are you American?

See if I had your abilities I'd know, then I wouldn't be up all night wondering why someone feels the need to replace an S with a Z

so who's the idiot that asked bear grills here to make the list

Mate with my nous, your looks, body, money ( I ain't got any see) we could go far, at least as far as the nearest Asda for beer sorry my money will only get as far as aldi "

Aldi it is mate, we'll change the world

Does anyone know how to spell pretentious?

Mate with my nous, your looks, body, money ( I ain't got any see) we could go far, at least as far as the nearest Asda for beer sorry my money will only get as far as aldi

Aldi it is mate, we'll change the world"

we will show all these flash bastards with there m&s bags

where do you plug in the hair dryer ?

"Oh I see a pattern here

Patronising?

Really?

Off you go now..

If your not worried about peoples opinion of you then why defend yourself? there is a difference in argument here.

"

Hang a bang now, you're commenting on me as an individual - you decided you had an issue with tooth brushes and check lists requested by others to me personally by newbies attending the camp I'm running.

Rather than replying to each person with the list I thought it may be useful to other newbies who've never been camping before attending other camps.

Most camps are in rural areas, and it's a ball ache when you forget something and have to bomb out to get stuff you've forgotten and rather than people buying anything twice (and very likely at an inflated price in a seasonal shop).

Yes people can make do but the whole point in packing ready for something is that you've got everything and this is a list people can come back to and refer to.

Not patronising trying to be helpful, you're the only person to take offence for whatever reason.

Beyond that the only other issue was my bit about a padlock, and I've already explained that one, and also shared my views about people slashing tents, not saying it doesn't happen but I've never come across it personally.

My experience on CAMP SITES is that they are generally safe places.

Now if you don't mind, if you have nothing to add other than tips for newbies... I don't see a need for any further comments.

come on everyone more abuse

bear grills is upset i think

"where do you plug in the hair dryer ?"

Another idea of mine is electric trees

Winner?

"bear grills is upset i think "

Lol, to be upset would mean I have to care about somebody or their opinion.

Zero funks given about somebody else's issues.

"where do you plug in the hair dryer ?

Winner?"

you must be up there with Richard dyson

"bear grills is upset i think "

I don't care if he is, he still ain't sharing my beet tent/hut

Winner?"

I'd go to dragons den with that one!

Winner? you must be up there with Richard dyson "

Does he go camping?

"bear grills is upset i think

Lol, to be upset would mean I have to care about somebody or their opinion.

Zero funks given about somebody else's issues."

wish you would write in a language i could understand

Winner? you must be up there with Richard dyson

Does he go camping?"

no but think he's pretty good with blow jobs

"Oh I see a pattern here

Patronising?

Really?

Off you go now..

I wholeheartedly apologise I was unaware of the fact that you had the ability to analyse someone's thought process by a few forum posts.

For those not blessed with this ability I would like to point out the above comment is sarcasm.

Out of interest Are you American?

See if I had your abilities I'd know, then I wouldn't be up all night wondering why someone feels the need to replace an S with a Z

"

No, but attended school abroad, which justifies my spelling...

By *pples123456Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

Winner? you must be up there with Richard dyson

Does he go camping?

no but think he's pretty good with blow jobs "

Who is ?? This richard guy,, have I got competition

Winner?"

I'm not the one who suggested taking hair styling stuff... Your buddy did.

"Oh I see a pattern here

Patronising?

Really?

Off you go now..

Hang a bang now, you're commenting on me as an individual - you decided you had an issue with tooth brushes and check lists requested by others to me personally by newbies attending the camp I'm running.

Rather than replying to each person with the list I thought it may be useful to other newbies who've never been camping before attending other camps.

Most camps are in rural areas, and it's a ball ache when you forget something and have to bomb out to get stuff you've forgotten and rather than people buying anything twice (and very likely at an inflated price in a seasonal shop).

Yes people can make do but the whole point in packing ready for something is that you've got everything and this is a list people can come back to and refer to.

Not patronising trying to be helpful, you're the only person to take offence for whatever reason.

Beyond that the only other issue was my bit about a padlock, and I've already explained that one, and also shared my views about people slashing tents, not saying it doesn't happen but I've never come across it personally.

Now if you don't mind, if you have nothing to add other than tips for newbies... I don't see a need for any further comments. "

Yours isn't the one and only camp trip sweetie! It's been done before and the hosts of that didn't feel the need to flood the forum with it. Telling everyone what to pack in their night bag.

Why don't you post your patronizing camping tips on your initial thread, it's not full, so no need to duplicate the crap.

Winner? I'm not the one who suggested taking hair styling stuff... Your buddy did."

can't be me got no buddys

To be fair the guy is just being as helpful as he possibly can...

Last week I see quite a few posts on Facebook asking what they should take to gastonbury as they had never been camping

I'm sure his intention was to help and not patronise or offend anyone x

Anyone else want to jump on the band wagon?

"To be fair the guy is just being as helpful as he possibly can...

Last week I see quite a few posts on Facebook asking what they should take to gastonbury as they had never been camping

I'm sure his intention was to help and not patronise or offend anyone x"

this isn't Facebook. His camping post isn't full. He could have posted this on there. He also could have replied to the people who are actually interested in knowing whether they need to take a pillow/tent whatever camping.

Whether he intended it or not, it's patronizing. And all his "buddies" have jumped on the band wagon to justify his post by attacking me.

Aw I'm not attacking...

I'm just saying I didn't think he intended to piss anyone off

I'm sure his intention was to help and not patronise or offend anyone x this isn't Facebook. His camping post isn't full. He could have posted this on there. He also could have replied to the people who are actually interested in knowing whether they need to take a pillow/tent whatever camping.

Whether he intended it or not, it's patronizing. And all his "buddies" have jumped on the band wagon to justify his post by attacking me.

"

i will stick it up for you he pissed me off

Well, I have to honest kids.. I found this list quite helpful.

I have never in my life slept in a tent, but I have been on a shopping spree purchasing alcohol. And tentish things. Few or the items on the list I would have completely overlooked.

We all have different life experiences, and what is common sense to one person, may come across as patronising to someone else.

We are all different, and diversity is what makes this whole thing fun I guess. Merely an observation.

Everyone kiss and make up

By *at and JamesCouple  over a year ago

Neath

The most important thing is a list of local emergency numbers for example local take away that delivers, local shop that's open till late (just in case u run out of alcohol or condoms) and nearest b and b for when you've had enough of roughing it and want a decent nights sleep lol

"Oh I see a pattern here

Patronising?

Really?

Off you go now..

Now if you don't mind, if you have nothing to add other than tips for newbies... I don't see a need for any further comments.

Yours isn't the one and only camp trip sweetie! It's been done before and the hosts of that didn't feel the need to flood the forum with it. Telling everyone what to pack in their night bag.

Why don't you post your patronizing camping tips on your initial thread, it's not full, so no need to duplicate the crap.

"

You're just quoting my own words now - I suggest you read the original post again regarding other camps.

Those attending others might not read the thread about the camp I'm running.

Hence this post.

"Well, I have to honest kids.. I found this list quite helpful.

I have never in my life slept in a tent, but I have been on a shopping spree purchasing alcohol. And tentish things. Few or the items on the list I would have completely overlooked.

We all have different life experiences, and what is common sense to one person, may come across as patronising to someone else.

We are all different, and diversity is what makes this whole thing fun I guess. Merely an observation.

no fuck it keep fighting

Everyone kiss and make up "

I'm sure his intention was to help and not patronise or offend anyone x this isn't Facebook. His camping post isn't full. He could have posted this on there. He also could have replied to the people who are actually interested in knowing whether they need to take a pillow/tent whatever camping.

i will stick it up for you he pissed me off"

that's ok, I don't need people to stick up for me. I'm finding it all quite humorous. It's like watching the Undateables version of Bear Grills.

ova by ea wales

Everyone kiss and make up "

i agree ive never camped either

Everyone kiss and make up i agree ive never camped either "

if you follow that list, you will have a car full of crap you won't use... Unless of course you are off to the south of France for a week! Lol

"Oh I see a pattern here

Sorry to those who don't wash,

eat off plates, drink out of cups, women who don't do their hair and so on... MY BAD!

Patronising?

Really?

Off you go now..

You're just quoting my own words now - I suggest you read the original post again regarding other camps.

but no one gives a fuck on what you think

Those attending others might not read the thread about the camp I'm running.

Hence this post. "

"The most important thing is a list of local emergency numbers for example local take away that delivers, local shop that's open till late (just in case u run out of alcohol or condoms) and nearest b and b for when you've had enough of roughing it and want a decent nights sleep lol"
what? No list of medications given to the camp office or organiser? Shocking behaviour! Lol

Everyone kiss and make up i agree ive never camped either "

we will be the dicks with the saggy tents, banging on déjà vous van door begging for a bit of comfort hahahaha x x x

Well done OP! Congratulations! I don't know how the rest of the population has ever coped going on fab camping trips?! Fuck me, they must have all been sleeping in a bush in a field, Starving, freezing, tent-less, full of cum and STD's, with filthy teeth and wavy hair from lack of hair dryer..

Congratulations. I've shown my ignorance.

I'm bowing out before this gets any more ridiculous

i will stick it up for you he pissed me off that's ok, I don't need people to stick up for me. I'm finding it all quite humorous. It's like watching the Undateables version of Bear Grills. :-

well i was going to.stick up for you

D"

Everyone kiss and make up i agree ive never camped either

we will be the dicks with the saggy tents, banging on déjà vous van door begging for a bit of comfort hahahaha x x x"

not if you follow his list... Apparently

ova by ea wales

Everyone kiss and make up i agree ive never camped either if you follow that list, you will have a car full of crap you won't use... Unless of course you are off to the south of France for a week! Lol"

oh theres an idea dont have to be home for 2 weeks cheers i will need passport also

Everyone kiss and make up i agree ive never camped either if you follow that list, you will have a car full of crap you won't use... Unless of course you are off to the south of France for a week! Lol oh theres an idea dont have to be home for 2 weeks cheers i will need passport also "

wasn't that on the list?! Sacralidge! lol

I must leave this thread.. Lol