FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Gower holiday ?

Gower holiday ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Ok some might think this is not the place to get holiday advice but hey why not ?

Have heard a lot of good things said about the Gower and we was looking to maybe take a short break there in the summer

Can anybody recommend somewhere nice to stay down that way ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Ok some might think this is not the place to get holiday advice but hey why not ?

Have heard a lot of good things said about the Gower and we was looking to maybe take a short break there in the summer

Can anybody recommend somewhere nice to stay down that way ?

"

gower is a beautiful stretch of coast lots of lovely small hotels to stay at have fun xx

just google hotels in the Gower. mumbles is a nice place to stay lovely beach good pubs etc.,

Yeah have heard Mumbles is nice we will have to check it out

Thanks

By *urreypuma1959Man  over a year ago

guildford

some great secluded bays and coves too ...I adore Mewslade so relaxing

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"Yeah have heard Mumbles is nice we will have to check it out

Thanks "

Mumbles is nice, but it's a busy area just along from Swansea City area. I only say that in case you're looking for quiet.

The beaches are great - Three Cliffs is lovely, but Rhosilli is absolutely stunning. Don't rule out the North Gower too, if you want to escape the crowds a bit. It's an estuary, not sandy beaches, but you can find quiet there.

The roads, accommodation and beaches get busy, but you can escape with a little planning.

Really hope you have a nice time down here.

So many fantastic places to stay there! Oxwich bay is expensive but lovely the north tower is probably cheaper. Rhossilli bay hotel is the best location in the world I think! Know the area really well, message me if u want to xx

Wow _ost sock that's so much for that

That's a great help have just been looking at Rhosilli and yes it does look very nice

We would like quiet but do want to be close to it all too , if that's possible

Thanks again for the advice , it's very much appreciated

guildford

not sure the worms head hotel is the best in the world , but the location is certainly a contender !

the beauty of the Gower is its quite and peacefulness ..I love it, for its lack of bright lights .

Yep loving the sound of the lack of bright lights

We usually holiday down in Pembrokeshire but fancy something different this year

West Wales and Cardiff

"Wow _ost sock that's so much for that

That's a great help have just been looking at Rhosilli and yes it does look very nice

We would like quiet but do want to be close to it all too , if that's possible

Thanks again for the advice , it's very much appreciated "

If you want a bit of both, then the Gower is a very good option. It's lovely, but Swansea is close.

I guess your decision is whether to be near stuff and head out to the beaches or other way round. Mumbles/Langland/Caswell areas might be best for the former, more out towards Rhosilli for the latter.

Friends of mine stay on Caswell every year. The apartments on the beach are "functional", but perfectly located for a beach holiday, especially with kids.

I'm a frustrated tour guide, so always happy to drone on about Wsles as a whole.

West Wales and Cardiff

It's kinda similar to Pembs in lots of ways.

I'm from Pembs, so tend to be biased towards it, but Rhosilli actually blew me away when I went back for the first time in years last summer.

I think what others have said is right though - the hotel on Worm's Head isn't that great.

guildford

ive been going to Rhossili for nearly every year of my life, its magic and tranquil beauty draws me back again and again,,

the kids once said, there is nothing to do there,, I said, yes, but that is the whole point,

By *ighugs69Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

The Gower isn't very big and its on the edge of Swansea, but that does give you the benefit of good countryside and easy access to a city.

The area around Rhosili is about the most striking. With a lovely walk along the beach, but it is a very long beach with steep steps at one end.

There are a number of holiday cottages plus B&Bs around. The best place to stay is the The Old Rectory on Rhosili beach. Its in a stunning location and its a national trust property. But sadly I think it has something like a two year waiting list!

"So many fantastic places to stay there! Oxwich bay is expensive but lovely the north tower is probably cheaper. Rhossilli bay hotel is the best location in the world I think! Know the area really well, message me if u want to xx"

The Rhossili bay hotel is the last place on earth we would recommend, probably one of the most spectacular locations on the Gower but an absolute sh%% hole with equally bad staff. There are lots of places to stay on the Gower, depends on what you are looking for. Have a lovely time if you do decide to come down this way.

By *ea-SiderMan  over a year ago

neath

Don't forget Port Eynon, B&B's and Caravans to rent on a few parks.

Give us a call we are there every weekend through the summer

I'm from the gower, mail us and I can give you some places, also nice holiday cottages, mate owns a few xx

The Gower is a beautiful part of the world (Three cliffs being our favourite, it has spectacular views), very similar in many ways to pembrokeshire. Plenty of places to visit although you wont see too much in a coouple of days. I think tripadvisor would be your friend with regard to hotels or B&B (we always use it). Good luck, hope you have a lovely time there if you chose to visit and you will just keep coming back I'm sure. Enjoy!!!

"just google hotels in the Gower. mumbles is a nice place to stay lovely beach good pubs etc., "

Mumbles is a shit hole right now.. road works, building works.. fucking nightmare down there..

stick to the gower.. south side is the best. anything from 3 cliffs to rhosilli/llangenith (excuse spellings?).

Great beaches.

Thank you so much everyone

It's gave us lots of places to check out

guildford

three cliffs is the famous bay,,mewslade is much nicer, but fortunately not so well known, a secret gem !

"Thank you so much everyone

It's gave us lots of places to check out

"

Try a Joes ice cream as well when you go on your walks down the mumbles in Swansea X

Yep everyone is telling us about Joe's ice cream so that's definitely at the top of our list

Aww good! If you need anything Give us a shout X

» Add a new message to this topic