FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Swinging club

Swinging club

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

If a new swinging club in Wales where to open where would your ideal location be?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

Cardiff.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Cardiff. "

This

By *ardiff123Man  over a year ago

Cardiff

Cardiff xx

Why are you opening one? xx

Considering it. We definitely need another one along the M4 corridor but one that's open on week nights not just on a Friday.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

I'd say it might be better further West, maybe Bridgend or even Swansea, in order to pull in the west-walians too, larger potential customer base.

By *ax-BangingMan  over a year ago

town

Think peeps really need to support the one we have got imho

[Removed by poster at 22/02/16 20:34:27]

It would be good to have another club open locally.

It would give us so much more choice

By *callycatMan  over a year ago

Mid Wales

"It would be good to have another club open locally.

It would give us so much more choice "

We have no choice here...

By *obbymareWoman  over a year ago

swansea

Bridgend would be good

I'm all for supporting the one we have but unfortunately it's only open 1 night a week. it's in an area where there arnt many hotels and the ones that are reasonably local are not cheap unless you book weeks in advance. kind of takes the spontaneity out of it. was kind thinking maybe if we had one Swansea Bridgend way.

all opinions welcome

By *antasy-man69Man  over a year ago

Bridgend

I know 2 clubs Who's willing to hold events but in Maesteg and port Talbot if that helps will be 100% private security and dj all included

By *antasy-man69Man  over a year ago

Bridgend

[Removed by poster at 23/02/16 01:12:45]

thanks but this would be a private members club. not looking for venues to hold events

Swansea

By *reshcplCouple  over a year ago

pembs

Cardiff is a good shout. Swansea may be too far for the pull of people from over the bridge, but agree could be better to pull us lot from down west. I've always thought somewhere that opened more than just a Friday would be great. Also maybe some daytimes!

"I'm all for supporting the one we have but unfortunately it's only open 1 night a week. it's in an area where there arnt many hotels and the ones that are reasonably local are not cheap unless you book weeks in advance. kind of takes the spontaneity out of it. was kind thinking maybe if we had one Swansea Bridgend way.

all opinions welcome

"

We all support our local club when and if we can go.

But no one can commit to anything.

I use to go every week but then personal life took over and I haven't been for about 6 months.

I wouldn't want to see it go on Friday.

We lost it on a Saturday as couples moaned they wanted a couples only night only never to use it

"I'm all for supporting the one we have but unfortunately it's only open 1 night a week. it's in an area where there arnt many hotels and the ones that are reasonably local are not cheap unless you book weeks in advance. kind of takes the spontaneity out of it. was kind thinking maybe if we had one Swansea Bridgend way.

all opinions welcome

I use to go every week but then personal life took over and I haven't been for about 6 months.

We lost it on a Saturday as couples moaned they wanted a couples only night only never to use it "

That sort of describes the problem with running a club. Long term the numbers aren't there, couples prefer not to have too many singles, singles can end up with too many pushy guys and so on. Cams would open more nights if they saw a demand

How many dont attend the club due to location?

all opinions welcome

We lost it on a Saturday as couples moaned they wanted a couples only night only never to use it

That sort of describes the problem with running a club. Long term the numbers aren't there, couples prefer not to have too many singles, singles can end up with too many pushy guys and so on. Cams would open more nights if they saw a demand "

No chams won't

It was a case of use it lose it.

They kept it open for so long in the hope it would pick up but it never did it got worse and worse.

Chams on a Friday use to be amazing and with the right people in it it would be a good night.

I use to organise a few random nights in there and the place would be packed out.

So many people put so many negative posts about the single men and so on people aren't willing to give it ago.

"How many dont attend the club due to location?"

If there was one Swansea area I'd go more often

I enjoy going to have a laugh a few drinks and fun if I feel like it

I think it would be good to have another one and it doesn't matter how far from the bridge it is if it's good people will come

Thanks for the input guys. I'm weighing up the pros and cons at the moment.

I know already that a lot have said they cant go as often as they would like due to the location and travel time. Nights the club is open is another thing that has been mentioned. If I go ahead with this venture it will be impossible to please everyone, but at the same time I don't want to be treading on anyone's toes.

people have said to opening a club here. it must be the worst place for swinging in Southampton there are no clubs socials or anything.

Love to have one at the bottom of my garden . Seriously though it would have to be situated near hotels so a city centre i.e Cardiff or Swansea or both. Sorry but yes the behaviour of some single men leaves a lot to be desired and does not help attract couples and females, however if a place is run properly there's no reason it shouldn't be successful.

I'm vastly experienced in Doorman work. And am up to date with all my licences. So I could and would man the fort. Could have some fun in the process. What an ideal job.

lol will keep you in mind Dave

"lol will keep you in mind Dave "

By *artenderCouple  over a year ago

Why *has* support waned, out of curiosity? Last few times we've been it's been dead so we go further afield now...

"Why *has* support waned, out of curiosity? Last few times we've been it's been dead so we go further afield now..."

Only cos I come with you

Correct us if we are wrong but didn't chams in Newport close saturdays due to lack of customers?.

who in their right minds would pour money into a club when there's such a small customer base.

Its not a public service its a business .

We looked into the costs of setting one up and it's a very large investment with a lot of uncertainty of whether it would work. Plus you would need to ensure everything is right legally with all the regulations for private members clubs plus even more regs for things like hot tubs. I do think there needs to be more variety but it's a big risk for anyone to take on. Good luck to anyone who does though x

By *wanseajakMan  over a year ago

Swansea

That sounds like a plan that would work, the West Walians would I'm sure appreciate a club a little closer than Newport.

Swansea would be good plenty of access, few hotels etcetc. we often can't attend socials due to inconvenience of travel or location, Newport is hard for us and most are further away xx

"Why *has* support waned, out of curiosity? Last few times we've been it's been dead so we go further afield now...

Only cos I come with you "

Ah that's what it is... when you're not there the volume does down so it seems quieter

"Why *has* support waned, out of curiosity? Last few times we've been it's been dead so we go further afield now...

Only cos I come with you

Ah that's what it is... when you're not there the volume does down so it seems quieter "

Oi women I've been very well behaved lately

By *eswillMan  over a year ago

Chepstow

Only cos I come with you

Ah that's what it is... when you're not there the volume does down so it seems quieter

Oi women I've been very well behaved lately "

Ok who are you and what you done with the real Giggles.

Think you're right, having an exclusive swinging club that is open purely for men and women and not in a Gay Sauna would be good. Gives people a chance to get in then. I called Chams and he said there's no guarantees for single guys. I do only live a 1 minute walk away and could leave my number I suppose. I don't mind driving to a location, so maybe inbetween Cardiff and Swansea would be ok? If it goes well you could always franchise out to other areas??

Sex Sells

If in Swansea I'd definitely attend.. Cardiff is a bit of a trek for me

town

wasn't there one in Swansea once fannys i think that went bust....also the clink ? all gone now please correct me if i'm wrong.

"How many dont attend the club due to location?

If there was one Swansea area I'd go more often

I enjoy going to have a laugh a few drinks and fun if I feel like it

I think it would be good to have another one and it doesn't matter how far from the bridge it is if it's good people will come

Swansea be great easy to get to off the m4 and plenty of cheap hotels in city centre and surrounding area

"

Only cos I come with you

Oi women I've been very well behaved lately Ok who are you and what you done with the real Giggles. "

I've actually seen the errors of my ways and am a much happier me

town

Just been looking in the club reviews, Fannys was Swansea based and closed 2 years back by going on last reviews. it be a hell of a risk to start a new club down that way i think, don't get me wrong i would love to have other clubs around Wales but don't really think you would have the support.

Maybe look into getting a Bar/Club. Hold Swinging events in evening?? Or certain days etc..

"Just been looking in the club reviews, Fannys was Swansea based and closed 2 years back by going on last reviews. it be a hell of a risk to start a new club down that way i think, don't get me wrong i would love to have other clubs around Wales but don't really think you would have the support. "

Wasn't fanny someone's house??

Not a club???

And I think in the right place and with the right attitude a new club would hit it off.

I now rather go further afield..

Anyone wants to now how to run a club then look at xtasia....

They have it spot on

I have just moved to South Wales near Cardiff airport so not really sure what is in the area. But am sunrises there is not a top end club in Cardiff.

"Just been looking in the club reviews, Fannys was Swansea based and closed 2 years back by going on last reviews. it be a hell of a risk to start a new club down that way i think, don't get me wrong i would love to have other clubs around Wales but don't really think you would have the support.

Not a club???

And I think in the right place and with the right attitude a new club would hit it off.

They have it spot on "

An Xtasia type club in any South Wales location would probably do very very well. Another Chams type club, I'm not so sure

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

I think having a "dual use" property would be one way of funding it, use the building for one business during the day, and for swinging in the nights, not sure what the other use could be, maybe a gym?

By *JLittleminxxxxWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

South Wales definitely need a new venue. Having now going to a couple of different clubs now the likes of xtasia and eureka are really good as the have the music and the dance floor with added to the whole night. It's makes it more a social and a life style choice with a relaxed atmosphere to meet like minded people.

Because chams bar area is a bit small hard to have the social aspect which it the main start of any event.

My friend runs an event in a night club which they have converted the upstairs to play rooms etc. That's works but do know there are licenses etc that are needed etc and it's not as easy as we think.

I definitely feel there is a need in South Wales but would be a big investment I just wish I had the money I would doing it.

Good luck and keep us posted

"Just been looking in the club reviews, Fannys was Swansea based and closed 2 years back by going on last reviews. it be a hell of a risk to start a new club down that way i think, don't get me wrong i would love to have other clubs around Wales but don't really think you would have the support.

Not a club???

They have it spot on "

yea but xtasia is in the middle of england with 3 or 4 times the population of wales within the catchment area. its all about numbers.

there used to be a nice bed and breakfast in newbridge untill the news of the world and the god squad found out. so very very risky..fuck that for a game of soldiers

The good thing fannys did was making single men attend on a Wednesday for the first time so they could check them out make sure their weren't pushy or rude

It was a house and could have done with a few changes but run by the right people I believe it could work

» Add a new message to this topic