FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Doorstep scams??

Doorstep scams??

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just had some youngish guy knock my door, sign to me that he's deaf and give me this card which said along the lines of "my name is so and so and I am deaf and I am trying to sell my drawings" and he goes to show me this big folder he's got. Now I am a right soft touch and will chuck money at anyone who I think genuinely needs it but it struck me as odd and seens as it said he was charging 20 bucks for a drawing I just said no thankyou and didn't even look at them. He looked like he was going to cry. Are things like this actually genuine people or do you think it's a bit of a con?? Got the guilts now

On second thoughts I could chase him up the street and see if he would do me a special "portrait" for Tits out Tuesday

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Probably a scam MissP x

They shouldn't come to your door. It's cold calling

The genuine ones are not allowed to cold call, it was a scam do he's likely to have said yes to your tot portrait

Portrait please!

By *estwardboundCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

we have had one of these guys along with another guy with cerelbal palsy.

dont think either of them were faking, so bought the xmas cards - he was so happy he got a sale on each occasion they looked like they were about to cry

"we have had one of these guys along with another guy with cerelbal palsy.

dont think either of them were faking, so bought the xmas cards - he was so happy he got a sale on each occasion they looked like they were about to cry"

If he was asking for a few quid maybe a fiver I probably would have. But asking people to cough up 20 quid for a random drawing off a stranger on their doorstep struck me as rather strange

As he walked away, you should have called him back lmao

Soon tell if he a fake

By *en....DoverMan  over a year ago

Llanelli

£20 , that's quite a few cans of dark fruits there Miss p69

By *nighthood75Man  over a year ago

Torquay

Ive had the same thing here. The drawings are just basic stuff nothing really that artistic. I didn't believe for a minute he was deaf though! In hindsight i should have called out when he left to see if he heard me. Lol

"As he walked away, you should have called him back lmao

Soon tell if he a fake"

That's the comment of the week right there. Well done sir!

"As he walked away, you should have called him back lmao

Soon tell if he a fake

That's the comment of the week right there. Well done sir! "

Haha I never thought of that

Hey MissP, just seen this on facebook xx

WARNING there is a deaf, non speaking man going around the area he is apparently selling art he will give you a card saying he can't hear or speak and he's selling paintings to raise money to go to college don't let him in they are targeting your house there is a tracker like thing in the casing of the painting.

Let all you family and friends know to warn them xx

"Hey MissP, just seen this on facebook xx

WARNING there is a deaf, non speaking man going around the area he is apparently selling art he will give you a card saying he can't hear or speak and he's selling paintings to raise money to go to college don't let him in they are targeting your house there is a tracker like thing in the casing of the painting.

Let all you family and friends know to warn them xx"

And all the big issue sellers are homeless

And worst of all the charities that pay hundreds of thousands of pounds on TVs advertising they are all just as bad

By *0sKidMan  over a year ago

Newport

"Hey MissP, just seen this on facebook xx

Let all you family and friends know to warn them xx"

Lol I've heard it all now! What would they be tracking inperticuler? Your house incase it starts to move? Sorry for being sarky they were down Newport last month and Facebook was full of conspiracy theorys, they are marking your house if you are a single woman. Looking for dogs for dog fighting ect.. The real reason is they are probably just after money for shit drawings, but that don't sound as good. Just tell them you're phoning the police and they will scamper off x

By *kip123Man  over a year ago

Barry

This is a scam that is very popular in India and Sri lanka where there are tourists. Very easy to get caught out if you are not careful.

» Add a new message to this topic