FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Tribalism

Tribalism

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When I first joined Fab, many moons ago, I was pleasantly surprised by how friendly people were. I can't say it was all sweetness and light, but, on the whole, people seemed to get along quite nicely.

Recently, however, it seems that there has been something that I have called "fractional tribalism". In a nutshell, this means that there has been a falling out, and peple other than the two main protagonists have polarised around their chosen "champion", and war ensues!

Why?

The over-simplified answer would be, "it's human nature", and, while that does kind of draw a line under it, I found myself wondering if that really was how a group of adults should act?

Think about it for a moment, unless it is you that is directly in the "line of fire", should you wade in and give yout tuppence worth? Yes, loyalty to a friend is to be applauded, but do they really need you to don your armour and hack and slash your way through someone elses profile/forum posts/lifestyle/upbringing/etc etc?

Its a bit like a pub spat, there might be a bit of banter across the pool table, a bit of "to and fro", but, sure as eggs is eggs, it only degenerates into fisticuffs when "mates" arrive at your shoulder to "back you up". And, to be honest, a lot of those mates would dissolve away if confronted. They join in for the "scrap" (usually to sit at the side of the ring and watch in safety) then wander off and leave you to tend your cuts and bruises. There are a lot of keyboard warriors out there lol!

Here's a crazy thought. If you have had a bit of a spat thats dragged on, just ask yourself "why?". If you were defending yourself and have no fault in the causing, then fine, but if you cant say that, and you cant really come up with a "why" for your spat, then let it go. Next time you see "them" in chat, say hello, you might be pleasantly surprised. Next time you see a forum thread started by "them" resist the urge to rip the piss, and instead either walk on by, or find something positive to say if you can.

As for the "tribe" well, that sort of thing went the way of the Dodo a long time ago, we are supposed to be civilised now, take the bone out of your nose, put away your spear, and let the tribe find someone else to follow, lets face it, the next "victim" might be you, they can be a fikkle bunch!!

Here endeth the lesson, now the plate will pass amongst you, feel free to donate what you can, but I am especially fond of Jammy Dodgers!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rs Sugar Mr SpiceCouple  over a year ago

We are about 15 mins outa Pontypridd and we do go to Crawley in west sussex 2-3 times a year so get in touch !!

Hear hear fp dude well said

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

[Removed by poster at 24/04/11 23:52:23]

brecon

Seems to make sense, I have to say an outbreak of peace would be nice about now lol!

We are about 15 mins outa Pontypridd and we do go to Crawley in west sussex 2-3 times a year so get in touch !!

"Seems to make sense, I have to say an outbreak of peace would be nice about now lol!"

well im a good boy now so its proper peacefull lol

brecon

But is being good as much fun as being naughty though?

"But is being good as much fun as being naughty though? "

Ohh yes we are good at being naughty lol and the naughtier the better he he

By *handyshandyCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

er duh!!! the easy answer to robin hoods monologue is surely to ignore the tribal persuit for aggravation and discord!!! meaning keep out of it...but dya know what ....some people enjoy it....others tag along in pure fear of being left out....some like to be on both sides at once (painful that one..being split into 2)...and others...like myself think...wot the feck is goin on with the human race when they have to argue with people they rarely see!!! methinks theyre bored creatures with nowt else to do..like me at the mo...read thro the tripe in forum (it used to be good!!) or do the ironing....forum-tripe has won lolol.....Robin hood just ride out to the forest and stay there till sherwood is free from aggro!!! mind with some of the childishness ive seen lately it could be a long wait lolol...make a daisy chain, meditate, say a few mantras...and talk to the fairies...much better way to spend time!!!!

brecon

See, as ever, Mandy (who claims to be from planet loopy, but is really quite sensible) has got it spot on.

Bump, this is worth another read!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It makes perfect sense and I (ray) am guilty party in this at times. Be interesting to see what others have to say!!!!!!

Well said mandy and robin hood !

I find myself increasingly torn in two lol All I want to do is have fun.

But I do have the advantage of being single, and I always try to be everyones friend

would anyone like to hear a song I wrote about friction ? ..............

no idea what this relates too, but i like a online tit for tat sometimes.. no harm meant by it.. unless people take it personally - and if they did - then i'd expect warnings from the powers that be (not had any yet)

were nice people really.

"would anyone like to hear a song I wrote about friction ? .............."

U start it off and I'll join in on the chorus

Given recent events, this deserves a bump!!!

Bump up and old thread? Dont you have anything original to say?

would prefer to hear the dogging one farleys

" talk to the fairies...much better way to spend time!!!!"

i do that all the time pmsl xxxxxxx

on a serious note lmao if i can be serious for a change..... we dont take sides just want people to get on boogie on down and have sum fun

this is meant to be fun we enjoy peoples company and having to go back and for talking to people who arnt talking to each other is stressing to say the least..as we dont want to upset or put anyone in the corner xxx

everyone on here are amazing people and we are privileged to know them xxxxx

excuse me if thats a bunch of waffle and my spellings bad....... i do however talk to fairies alot pmsl xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

well said

and are the fairies you talk to the ones that tell you that blue crayons dont taste like blueberry? i like them ones

"well said

and are the fairies you talk to the ones that tell you that blue crayons dont taste like blueberry? i like them ones "

ooooooooohhh love blueberries yummmmmmmmmmmmm xxx lmao x

Play nice or will take your toys of you and send you to bed. .

Swinging should be fun, no tears x

"would prefer to hear the dogging one farleys "

lol got one about strongbow too ,lol

[Removed by poster at 24/09/11 18:07:53]

» Add a new message to this topic