FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Shift workers

Shift workers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi guys I work a mix of morning, afternoons and nights shifts (part time so not too bad) but am struggling terribly to sleep properly at all atm and it's starting to fuck me up. Any usefull advice would be appreciated, ta

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi guys I work a mix of morning, afternoons and nights shifts (part time so not too bad) but am struggling terribly to sleep properly at all atm and it's starting to fuck me up. Any usefull advice would be appreciated, ta "

What's your responsibilities outside of work (kids etc)? Get a blindfold to cut out daytime light and catnap whenever you feel tired. Those 20-30 minutes add up and once you're better rested normal sleep should be easier.

A wank helps either of us to sleep but you may not feel the same

Light plays a major part in your biological clock...reliving in darkness I.e. curtains closed whilst off during day...I did it when working shifts for 17 years...it was still a barstard and never ever got used to it x

"Hi guys I work a mix of morning, afternoons and nights shifts (part time so not too bad) but am struggling terribly to sleep properly at all atm and it's starting to fuck me up. Any usefull advice would be appreciated, ta

What's your responsibilities outside of work (kids etc)? Get a blindfold to cut out daytime light and catnap whenever you feel tired. Those 20-30 minutes add up and once you're better rested normal sleep should be easier.

A wank helps either of us to sleep but you may not feel the same "

I have 3 young children who have really busy sports/social calendars between them, although I am fortunate to have very helpful family

Nights are a twat to get use to, but what helps me is blackout blinds and a quiet room.

hope this helps, i'am nights this week so totally bolloxed myself

Thing is since I started doing both nights and days (I did just days for nearly 10 years) I managed fine for the first couple of years but the last few months I am struggling

By *tripeCouple  over a year ago

near newport

it will take time to get your body clock in to nights.blackout blinds are good and sleep early not stay up doing things because you get tired before you go to work, done nights for 20+ years.

Black out blinds eye mask quiet room,I'm neither nights nor days, start at 3am so it's difficult during summer, now it's gets easier as nights are drawing in x

By *rs-Naughty_Mr-CuddlesCouple  over a year ago

Nr coleford

I Mr work nights I just use morning like I would night time so having beer at 6am and having black out blinds fo help

I used to have a couple of cans when I came home but I don't drink anymore so don't want to go back to that

When i worked night's and struggled with sleeping, i found night nurse was helpful - obviously couldn't use it as a long-term thing but now and again, i found it helped....have you tried kalms or nytol?

Same shifts I'm on and I struggle some times a big tip from me if your driving home or when you get home Chuck on classical fm on the rdio it calms you down and helps you sleep better when you get into bed.

By *UCKY 69Man  over a year ago

norwich

"Nights are a twat to get use to, but what helps me is blackout blinds and a quiet room.

hope this helps, i'am nights this week so totally bolloxed myself "

Same here

By *rometheousMan  over a year ago

Treorchy

I used to do a 4 week rotational shift earlies? Nights off lates. The night shift was sometimes a killer. But I got used to it. I used to take nightnurse or nitol before going to bed. And found it worked.

By *uriouscpl71Couple  over a year ago

pembroke dock

Mr works 2 days then 2 nights, days i am up at 0415 and k=nights 1515. So this really screws the body clock especially as 12 hour shifts.

I found Nytol 1 a day tablets help. they relax you and allow you to drift off without lasting effects. You get them in the chemist not the cheap herbal shite from supermarket.

I work 4 nights shifts i find that if u stay up as long as u can after said shift it helps u sleep also a light play before bed helps too x

By *ountainboyMan  over a year ago

Gwent

I used to work very odd shift patterns and didn't have trouble with sleeping. It's a good idea not to go to bed straight after getting home, try a warm drink no TV or laptop it stimulates your brain. Just chill for an hour and def blackout blinds are a good idea......or you could meet me for a cuppa after your shift. Well you can't blame a tryer. Lol x

Years of dealing with hyperactive kids who only kept awake at night means tat my clock is fucked up fr life lol so I'm awake all night till the early hours. What I find help is small naps during the day and energy fizz tablets helps me through the day. If u take ur naps while they're in school u will feel refreshed to carry on the other activities. X

By *ay rickMan  over a year ago

cardiff

I find the body n mind just says it's time!!-shifts are a hard one I guess never done but with my work and band stuff it kinda feels the same!!-power naps are a winner for me and as said my body n mind say after a while-zonk zonk lol shift work and 3kids-good on ya miss p that says good things about ya!!!-now go to sleep FFs lol x

I recommend Nytol its very good

"I recommend Nytol its very good "

Will it give me a medical hangover though?? I used to take Mirtazapine (for it's sedative side effects) on occasion just to help me sleep but I always felt hanging after waking up

rohypnol Is what you need mun.

Sure Ray can supply you with it

"rohypnol Is what you need mun.

Sure Ray can supply you with it "

I want to sleep for a few hours not weeks haha

"rohypnol Is what you need mun.

Sure Ray can supply you with it

I want to sleep for a few hours not weeks haha "

Cloriform then, just a quick sniff

By *ovis69 and green eyesMan  over a year ago

valleys

Been nights regular for 15 years now, don't sleep much anyways but I've found that even when I'm not in work still keep the same routine.

Normally on 3rd day don't set alarm & just wake up naturally seams no work for me

i would have a smoke if u smoke the greenstuff

By *astmeetswest77Couple  over a year ago

monmouth

I've worked shifts for 20 years and have never got used to them. They just completely fuck up your body clock. Unless you're one of those lucky bastards who can fall asleep any time, any place.

And just to cheer you up a little more. I read somewhere that apparently they knock 10 years off your life. Oh joy

"i would have a smoke if u smoke the greenstuff"

No thanks

"I recommend Nytol its very good

Will it give me a medical hangover though?? I used to take Mirtazapine (for it's sedative side effects) on occasion just to help me sleep but I always felt hanging after waking up"

No its fine gives a Good 6 hours sleep no Side effects

I used to do shift work and the following helped

1 Glass of baileys as you get home, or cough medicine if you dont have any.

2 Shut curtains and warm bedroom up.

3 Spliff

4 Wank or shag if exceptionally lucky.

Once youve mastered the above pattern of behaviour then, do same when wake and again before you go out.

I dont do shift work any more but got some good rehab tips too.

So sorry, just ignore me.

» Add a new message to this topic