FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Want to try the next Newport Social

Want to try the next Newport Social

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey all. I was on the site back some 18 months ago as a couple with my ex. Been single for nearly a year and thought I would give FAB another go. So far it's been good as I saw a few people that were on here from back then.

I want to get into the social aspect of it. In particular the Newport Social.

Can you please give me an insight of how these nights unfold?

Pre Social drinks etc, what happens during and after party shenanigans?

I read about hotels being fully booked already for MARCH

Any info would be great.

Was going to go to last one but something came up x

Dx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Thanks for the advice guys lol

Heartwarming lol

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

Not everyone is on here 24/7 dude.

As for advice about socials..

If you put your name down, turn up.

Pre-drinks are a bit of an established ritual for some, don't discuss locations in open chat or forums, and don't get wasted before the social lol!

Go with an open mind, sex (if it happens) should be an unexpected bonus.

Remember, just because it might be held in a private room of a pub or club, doesn't mean its a free-for-all, the clue is in the name... social.

If you interact with couples, remember, there are two of them, they could have the pick of the single males there, so be friendly, polite, and above all, don't be pushy.

"Apres-social" parties do happen, your chance on getting an invite depends on how you behaved, but don't pester if you get wind of one, often by the time its general knowledge that they are happening, the hosts have already mentally filled it... hotel rooms can only cater for a few.

Finally, be prepared to go to a few socials before you start to get the nod... networking is never wasted, once you establish yourself as a decent guy people will feel more comfortable about having you around, and breaking the ice will be much easier if you are a familiar face.

That's brilliant. Thank you for your words.

Will take that all on board

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The singles social is 24th Feb maybe pop along to that. There is a thread you can add your name too

Thank you for that. I think I seen that thread x

By *eatrice!Woman  over a year ago

Wales

"Not everyone is on here 24/7 dude.

As for advice about socials..

If you put your name down, turn up.

Pre-drinks are a bit of an established ritual for some, don't discuss locations in open chat or forums, and don't get wasted before the social lol!

This ^

Go with an open mind, sex (if it happens) should be an unexpected bonus.

Remember, just because it might be held in a private room of a pub or club, doesn't mean its a free-for-all, the clue is in the name... social.

If you interact with couples, remember, there are two of them, they could have the pick of the single males there, so be friendly, polite, and above all, don't be pushy.

"Apres-social" parties do happen, your chance on getting an invite depends on how you behaved, but don't pester if you get wind of one, often by the time its general knowledge that they are happening, the hosts have already mentally filled it... hotel rooms can only cater for a few.

Finally, be prepared to go to a few socials before you start to get the nod... networking is never wasted, once you establish yourself as a decent guy people will feel more comfortable about having you around, and breaking the ice will be much easier if you are a familiar face.

"

Sound advice

I would never get wasted before it.

Maybe a stiff drink for some Dutch courage lol

» Add a new message to this topic