FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Regular sexual health testing

Regular sexual health testing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *FFB69 OP   Woman  over a year ago

Torfaen/Gwent

What do people think?

I saw someone on a post say that people who are regularly tested put them off as it seems like they’re “too promiscuous”.

Personally I’d rather sleep with someone who gets tested regularly and sleeps with 100 people than someone who never gets tested but has a low number. It only takes once.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How often do you get tested OP? What do you call regular etc....

Torfaen/Gwent

Personally I get tested at least every 6 months.

Sooner if I feel I need too. And they didn’t say what they considered regular.

How often do you get tested?

"How often do you get tested? "

My last test was on the 18th April.... My next will be around June 1st depending on the work/getting to clinic situation.

I can see why people who have opinions might think frequent testing indicates promiscuity, but it also indicates diligence and care for other's welfare. Like you I agree that sleeping with someone who is tested frequently but sleeps with 100 people in between tests is better than someone who never gets tested and sleeps with a handful. However, I also think that regular testing does not necessarily mean promiscuity though.

Also worth remembering that practicing safe sex is not 100% fool proof..... So those people who think condoms are some how magical things that guarantee never catching a STI, please skip past my _rofile.....

Torfaen/Gwent

"How often do you get tested?

My last test was on the 18th April.... My next will be around June 1st depending on the work/getting to clinic situation.

I can see why people who have opinions might think frequent testing indicates promiscuity, but it also indicates diligence and care for other's welfare. Like you I agree that sleeping with someone who is tested frequently but sleeps with 100 people in between tests is better than someone who never gets tested and sleeps with a handful. However, I also think that regular testing does not necessarily mean promiscuity though.

Also worth remembering that practicing safe sex is not 100% fool proof..... So those people who think condoms are some how magical things that guarantee never catching a STI, please skip past my _rofile..... "

My thoughts exactly. So many people don’t realise they can be passed through oral.

To me someone who has never been tested, especially on a site like this, is to be avoided. And guys who bring up bareback sex without even discussing testing or who “don’t remember” their last test

Just curious as to others views.

I go to the clinic every 8 weeks regardless of the level of activity, I use condoms for intercourse but oral & finger fucking isn't safe & I don't do either in a protected way. So on that basis I look after my own sexual health needs & what others think of that is their own judgement tbh X

By *eswillMan  over a year ago

Chepstow

Gum clinic say every 3 months.

I have seen lot of people say they only do safe sex and do not have to get tested.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SAFE SEX, other than not having any kind of sex. Kissing, touching and so on.

Torfaen/Gwent

"I go to the clinic every 8 weeks regardless of the level of activity, I use condoms for intercourse but oral & finger fucking isn't safe & I don't do either in a protected way. So on that basis I look after my own sexual health needs & what others think of that is their own judgement tbh X"

I used to go very regularly but stopped meeting as often so don’t go as often. Last time they asked me why I went and didn’t quite get that I just wanted to be tested. Haven’t had sex in the last month, no symptoms, no bare sex but yes I do still want to be tested and yes I’m sure

I think if someone didn’t want to meet me because they think getting tested makes me “slutty” I wouldn’t want to meet them anyway as the likelihood of them being tested recently if at all, is rather small.

OP, being slutty is what would make me want to meet you lol.

Back on track....

"I go to the clinic every 8 weeks regardless of the level of activity, I use condoms for intercourse but oral & finger fucking isn't safe & I don't do either in a protected way. So on that basis I look after my own sexual health needs & what others think of that is their own judgement tbh X

I used to go very regularly but stopped meeting as often so don’t go as often. Last time they asked me why I went and didn’t quite get that I just wanted to be tested. Haven’t had sex in the last month, no symptoms, no bare sex but yes I do still want to be tested and yes I’m sure

I think if someone didn’t want to meet me because they think getting tested makes me “slutty” I wouldn’t want to meet them anyway as the likelihood of them being tested recently if at all, is rather small. "

Most things have absolutely no symptoms, but don't forget sucking, licking, fingering & kissing are all unsafe & a condom will not protect you from genital herpes.

Does testing stop you getting a STD ?

No!

When you get an STD you will know it

Then get tested to know what it type it is.

Torfaen/Gwent

"I go to the clinic every 8 weeks regardless of the level of activity, I use condoms for intercourse but oral & finger fucking isn't safe & I don't do either in a protected way. So on that basis I look after my own sexual health needs & what others think of that is their own judgement tbh X

I think if someone didn’t want to meet me because they think getting tested makes me “slutty” I wouldn’t want to meet them anyway as the likelihood of them being tested recently if at all, is rather small.

Most things have absolutely no symptoms, but don't forget sucking, licking, fingering & kissing are all unsafe & a condom will not protect you from genital herpes. "

Exactly. I was so surprised that they didn’t understand why I wanted a test if I had no issues. Makes you wonder how many people who were unsure, left without getting tested.

By *ar-Some CoupleCouple  over a year ago

from somewhere glittery & sparkly

"What do people think?

I saw someone on a post say that people who are regularly tested put them off as it seems like they’re “too promiscuous”.

Personally I’d rather sleep with someone who gets tested regularly and sleeps with 100 people than someone who never gets tested but has a low number. It only takes once. "

We get tested regardless on how active we are it's for our own peace of mind.

And it's surprising how many people preach safe safe and don't actually do it.

We would rather know someone has been tested and looks after their health regardless on how many people they sleep with

Torfaen/Gwent

"Does testing stop you getting a STD ?

No!

"

are you serious? No you don’t “know it” when you get an STD as many have zero symptoms.

No one said it stops you getting one but it means if you do get one it’s found and treated.

Man I hope you don’t think you should only get tested if you *know* you have something.

By *ar-Some CoupleCouple  over a year ago

from somewhere glittery & sparkly

No!

"

No!

"

I can promise you, as someone who has had a positive test in the past you will NOT know it until they give you your results. Testing does not stop you getting anything, but knowing what you're doing, who with & understanding the risks will limit what & how you might catch things. I'm not ashamed to admit I've been caught out & that's me, someone who has always been careful & choosy.

No!

"

Wind up yeh?

No!

Wind up yeh?"

I bloody hope so or I'm not paying back any chips

Gonna be not very popular with this but here goes anyway...

How many people would get tested "regularly" if they had to pay a fee? I'm not by any means advocating that they charge but and here is the argument...

All of these tests cost money, probably a considerable amount. Do we think its right to use that service 7 or 8 times a year without paying for at least some of them? If there was a limit of two free checks a year per person would that be accepted by people? I don't know, I'm just saying that in modern times when nhs is trying to manage on reduced budgets I would accept that. If I had to pay for further tests so be it, if I know that somewhere else an extra nurse is employed or something similar.

I hope I have made a valid point and not offended anyone. Just thinking out loud I suppose.

Torfaen/Gwent

"Gonna be not very popular with this but here goes anyway...

How many people would get tested "regularly" if they had to pay a fee? I'm not by any means advocating that they charge but and here is the argument...

All of these tests cost money, probably a considerable amount. Do we think its right to use that service 7 or 8 times a year without paying for at least some of them? If there was a limit of two free checks a year per person would that be accepted by people? I don't know, I'm just saying that in modern times when nhs is trying to manage on reduced budgets I would accept that. If I had to pay for further tests so be it, if I know that somewhere else an extra nurse is employed or something similar.

I hope I have made a valid point and not offended anyone. Just thinking out loud I suppose. "

They’re not “free” though are they? People pay national insurance into the NHS for the services we get. Yes it’s struggling but not from over use of STD tests. It’s also recommended that you get tested at least every 3 months if you’re regularly sleeping with more than one person. So that’s 4 times a year. There will be people who only sleep with one person their whole life who won’t ever get tested. There are also people who don’t regardless.

Which is cheaper? Regular tests that nip things in the bud asap or treatment later down the line? Chlamydia for example can cause infertility. So is is better for people to get tested and get it sorted or to not get tested and only discover it years later and then need more expensive treatments. Plus the risk of things being spread if people don’t get tested because of cost. Not getting tested won’t stop people having sex and spreading things. It will make it spread further meaning possibly more people requiring treatment, so costing more in the long run.

By *ve 66Woman  over a year ago

Blackwood

Also the one caught through condoms isn't always tested for in Wales. Only if symptoms are there but can lead to men having prostate problems. It's called TRICHANOMYIS. Or something like that

I hope I have made a valid point and not offended anyone. Just thinking out loud I suppose. "

I would be happy to pay for each & every test, although I already pay the higher rate of NI. I would not be happy with twice yearly testing, in fact I also test myself in between if I have unplanned oral sex or an active club visit in between. Maybe I'm a bit anal about it but telling others you have caught something is a mortifying experience X

By *estofbothCouple  over a year ago

Cardiff

We pay for ours, the nurse even comes to the house and does it there. We feel like it’s a service we want for our peace of mind and are happy to pay for that peace of mind. Not like we play with a wide variety to partners anyway but we’re not willing to take chances with our health.

Plus the thought of sitting in an nhs gum clinic waiting room fills us with dread!

I hope I have made a valid point and not offended anyone. Just thinking out loud I suppose.

We pay for ours, the nurse even comes to the house and does it there. We feel like it’s a service we want for our peace of mind and are happy to pay for that peace of mind. Not like we play with a wide variety to partners anyway but we’re not willing to take chances with our health.

Plus the thought of sitting in an nhs gum clinic waiting room fills us with dread! "

I didn't even realize you could do this. Is it very expensive ?

Most aren't gum clinics they're multi use clinics dealing with a variety of pregnancy, sexual health issues. Mine is & there's nothing wrong about being there X

Torfaen/Gwent

"Most aren't gum clinics they're multi use clinics dealing with a variety of pregnancy, sexual health issues. Mine is & there's nothing wrong about being there X"

Same. Mine has all sorts. Health visitor visits. Dentist. Contraception etc. No one knows why you’re there.

Unless you’re like me and don’t give a stuff about walking to and from the toilet with the test in your hand

Cardiff

"Most aren't gum clinics they're multi use clinics dealing with a variety of pregnancy, sexual health issues. Mine is & there's nothing wrong about being there X"

Sorry if we came across critical, having never been to one far be it for us to judge, it was just something that we didn’t like the idea of.

Private was just the path of least resistance. Big respect to anybody that takes testing seriously enough to have it done regardless of where.

Fanny we replied to your private message about pricing, not sure how the forums feel about advertising etc.

I went and I came back positive for Mycocksafloppin

"Most aren't gum clinics they're multi use clinics dealing with a variety of pregnancy, sexual health issues. Mine is & there's nothing wrong about being there X

Sorry if we came across critical, having never been to one far be it for us to judge, it was just something that we didn’t like the idea of.

Private was just the path of least resistance. Big respect to anybody that takes testing seriously enough to have it done regardless of where.

Fanny we replied to your private message about pricing, not sure how the forums feel about advertising etc. "

To be fair there is a clinic not far away that isn't a nice experience & is exactly what you're imagining I wouldn't mind knowing about the private testing, getting away from work at the right time causes real problems X

Cardiff

"

To be fair there is a clinic not far away that isn't a nice experience & is exactly what you're imagining I wouldn't mind knowing about the private testing, getting away from work at the right time causes real problems X"

You can access it through a site called better 2 know, it’s pretty much just a gateway using Nuffield healths services (they generally have the best biscuits anyway), I think they might use spire and some others as well depending on where you are.

No!

"

Not really! Not all std’s come with signs or symptoms so this isn’t really a good way of getting checked in my opinion anyway

Prinny

We get tested regularly!

Every 3/4 months but there was 6 months between last tests this was due to no activity with anyone other than each other! No activity of any kind minus the odd kiss as we aren’t playing at the moment!

But wanted to get tested for peace of mind pointless really I know but it’s always nice when we are actively meeting we go to gum clinic every 3 months

I would much prefer to know who ever we are meeting has regular check ups and are clean even if we always use condoms! Also anyone we know who doesn’t practice safe sex gets blocked along with anyone we know who they been in contact with just our thing But I know we can never block all these people out so regular check ups are a must in the swinging world!

Prinny

By *rofMan  over a year ago

Around

Test results are only good until you have sex again. How often you get tested is a personal choice, but the fact that people are being tested is positive.

How many vanilla's get tested regularly?

» Add a new message to this topic