FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Hot tub

Hot tub

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *arraps OP   Man  over a year ago

port talbot

I've been looking at getting a hot tub, and have looked at various models, inflatable hard sided ones , now it's all getting a little confusing with each supplier claiming that theirs is the best.

What I want is some unbiased info from people who have a hot tub, on what are the pros and cons of owning one, and the place where they went that extra mile to make sure it was suitable for their needs.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Im really contemplating getting one too so be interesting to read what advice is given x

We have a palm springs lay z spa... Its really good but does get the odd puncture... Suits our needs very much

I'd recommend a Lay Z Spa too as they range from about £300 - £800, you may even find a few deals on them now as we head into the autumn. They're inexpensive to buy, cost about £1.50 - £2 a day to run (excl filters and chemicals).

If you find you're using it a lot, then upgrade to a proper one.

"I'd recommend a Lay Z Spa too as they range from about £300 - £800, you may even find a few deals on them now as we head into the autumn. They're inexpensive to buy, cost about £1.50 - £2 a day to run (excl filters and chemicals).

If you find you're using it a lot, then upgrade to a proper one."

Just checking, but does that mean your electric bill could go up alot a month? I think that's my biggest concern xx

It does yes, but also on how much you use it. I leave mine on 24/7 spring to end of summer, but during the heatwave this year, I hardly noticed an increase in electricity. It has gone up more the last 2 weeks or so.

If you find you'll only use the hot tub at weekend, can always keep the temp low during the week, just keep the filter running, then turn the heat up on a Friday. Heats up at approx 2C per hour

By *riveu2distractionMan  over a year ago

Nr Bridgend

I'd agree

Lazy spas good but expect 2 to 3 seasons use before replacing

"It does yes, but also on how much you use it. I leave mine on 24/7 spring to end of summer, but during the heatwave this year, I hardly noticed an increase in electricity. It has gone up more the last 2 weeks or so.

If you find you'll only use the hot tub at weekend, can always keep the temp low during the week, just keep the filter running, then turn the heat up on a Friday. Heats up at approx 2C per hour"

It would be more for late evening when it's only me and hubby. But most nights I'd want to use it x

Just checked my electricity, it has averaged an extra £30 per month, but it is worth it. It's great to get home, open a beer or wine and sit in the tub, music on for an hour or more, bubbles going

Tesco have the most on sale for £300

port talbot

"It does yes, but also on how much you use it. I leave mine on 24/7 spring to end of summer, but during the heatwave this year, I hardly noticed an increase in electricity. It has gone up more the last 2 weeks or so.

If you find you'll only use the hot tub at weekend, can always keep the temp low during the week, just keep the filter running, then turn the heat up on a Friday. Heats up at approx 2C per hour"

Good advice, didn’t even think about that.

It would be used pretty much every evening, so rather than a lazy boy one I’m thinking of a hard shell acrylic one with multiple jets.

Thinking about chemicals, where is the best place to buy them, on line ???

port talbot

"Im really contemplating getting one too so be interesting to read what advice is given x"

Would we get a discount if we both bought a similar model......

Lazy spa comfy and easy to use, put away in winter jobs a good un

By *r and Mrs SexploitCouple  over a year ago

Pontypridd

We've hired a lay z spa a couple of times this summer to see if we'd like it. We really did and will probably get one next year.

Hawaii is square.., awesome xx trust me

By *aucy sexy cplCouple  over a year ago

cardiff/cwmbran

We have the st moritz it’s 5-7 and great for party’s, just keep the filter on when not in use, electric will go up about a £1 a day maybe more in the winter

By *teve-sueCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

We have a lazy Spa vegas in a a summer house at bottom of garden so can use any weather... added a fair bit to our leccy per month, but we left it on 39 degrees all the time lol

Its been a worthy purchase... just gotta blank out the windows now so can have fun in there dont want the old dear nextdoor getting too excited..

We saw them in Trago merthyr for 250 a few months back

They are expensive to run

By *live and PopeyesCouple  over a year ago

Caerphilly

We got a 8ft by 8 ft and a meter deep it’s great fun and only cost about a £1 a day to run ours is inside a building in the garden and never goes off

"

Thinking about chemicals, where is the best place to buy them, on line ???"

I get mine from Amazon or The Range

Lay z spa.. iv got the st tropez 4-6 people use it almost every day love it wouldn’t be without it honest!

By *ite -meWoman  over a year ago

my house

If you find you'll only use the hot tub at weekend, can always keep the temp low during the week, just keep the filter running, then turn the heat up on a Friday. Heats up at approx 2C per hour

Good advice, didn’t even think about that.

It would be used pretty much every evening, so rather than a lazy boy one I’m thinking of a hard shell acrylic one with multiple jets.

Thinking about chemicals, where is the best place to buy them, on line ???"

I found Amazon the cheapest for chemicals...

By *oss and SuzieCouple  over a year ago

Porthmadog

We have a huge (2.5 m diameter) wood-fired hot tub... it is filled with water prior to use and heated by a log fire in a submerged oven... great if you have free wood and water and doesn't use chemicals.

By *rManyhandsMan  over a year ago

Narberth

I have a 2m Kirami wooden hot tub, external wood fired burner. From the Little Stove Co in Newport.

No electricity.. Economic, stays warm for three days... So lots of space inside the tub.. Looking forward to the hot tub and massage parties..

port talbot

Went to Raglan on Saturday and spent two hours talking to a very knowledgable man about hot tubs, so it looks like I’ve found what I want,a 5 seater jacuzzi model 2.13x2.13, plenty of room to stretch out and the company supply a lid lifter, steps, hand rail chemicals and full instructions.

Can’t wait for delivery now

By *odders22Man  over a year ago

Bridgend

We had a lazy spa..enjoyed it.. then bought a proper one ..best move ever

By *lan dynamoCouple  over a year ago

neath

We have the laz y spar Paris it's great we've had it over a year now and never had a puncture not even with our dogs jumping on it

By *affire_and_SteelCouple  over a year ago

North by North West

Some good tips and advice here.

Thanks folks. Will keep watching this thread.

By *JcouplemidlandsCouple  over a year ago

Peak District

We have the Lay Z Spa Monaco, its massive and great for fun as there are no seats so plenty of room. As others have said costs about £1 to £2 a day in electric, let us know what you decide on! X

By *ixedcouplewalesCouple  over a year ago

cardiff

Forget all the lazy spas... type in Canadian spa. It's still mobile. Takes seconds to put up.. It's click clack rigid walls that click together.. the lining goes in and pops on. Waayyyyyy better. Got one off eBay for 500. Solid robust not like inflatable ones x

We put ours on its cost us £9 for 12 hours running

port talbot

"We have the Lay Z Spa Monaco, its massive and great for fun as there are no seats so plenty of room. As others have said costs about £1 to £2 a day in electric, let us know what you decide on! X"

It's going to be a Jacuzzi model from oyster pools in raglan.

Had some great advice from them and they took time to explain the pros and cons of owning one

By *oss and SuzieCouple  over a year ago

Porthmadog

Just lighting up our wood fired hot tub... should be toasty warm to fuck in by 4 this afternoon xx

Had lots of fun on Saturday in our Kirami Wood fired tub..

We started off with a lazyspa... had it for 1 year, electric bill was daft, the bubbles were cold if the weather was cold. We like to use ours all year round in any weather. We went out and got a seater Coast spa. Yes its a big outlay to start, uses about £20 a month extra in electric, but able to use when ever we want.

By *affire_and_SteelCouple  over a year ago

North by North West

"We started off with a lazyspa... had it for 1 year, electric bill was daft, the bubbles were cold if the weather was cold. We like to use ours all year round in any weather. We went out and got a seater Coast spa. Yes its a big outlay to start, uses about £20 a month extra in electric, but able to use when ever we want. "

Very interesting to know. They don’t mention this in the fancy adverts

Good info. Thanks guys.

By *ab Fun GuyMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

If your gking to use it a lot the hard shell (proper ones) are best. They are well insulated and generally come with an insulated cover so dont lose lots of heat.

Mine never goes below 32 and i also use solar to heat which on a bright day gets it above the desired 38c so all good.

Use it nightly and its great for relaxing with a drink. Not to mention adds a little spice.

Used it earlier in the year when we had the snow and wow it was fantastic.

Well worth the outlay, but shop around as prices vary a lot. Some good deal from blue whale spa (search for them on ebay) then ring them and they will do you a deal. £4k and mines got over 100 jets, 5 seats and a lounger.

Any other advice just shout

» Add a new message to this topic