FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > How to deal with depression.

How to deal with depression.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just feeling sad, and alnoe.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Talk to someone close to you pal.

Hope everything work's out for you.

Chris

Talk to someone mate hope you are ok.

By *andK78Couple  over a year ago

Newport

Go speak to your doctor, he/she is a professional. I Mr hit an all time low a number of years ago, my doctor had me in every week at first. He was the only person I could talk to.

By *-CrassClownMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Speak to someone you trust, consult a doctor and, if it is indeed depression follow the course of treatment.

I've been in the system for quite a while now, it can take time to find what works so, the sooner you get started the better.

By *mooth Operator 07Man  over a year ago

in the deep mist of the valleys

I agree with all the comments above, speak to someone and don't suffer in silence. Try and put some activities in you're day, go for walks, gym and try to eat healthy.

My friends here have seen me through several periods of depression, they listen, they look a after me, make me cake & most importantly they spend time with me if it's needed X

By *ovis and GreeneyesCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

All of the above comments are true, depression is a battle of major highs and lows! (I know this from experience) first step you have taken (you realise there's a problem) next is talk to someone (a professional) but ultimately only you can pull out of it good luck & stay strong. H

Moodjuice is a website recommend by the NHS for advice and strategies to deal with depression. You are not alone, many people feel the same xxx

I think Ark do a walk in clinic in Bridgend too if that's any good. Never suffer in silence. I hope you've close friends or family who can support you too. Take care xx

The worst thing you can do is isolate yourself lovely. Hopefully you have some friends or family to confide in. There are also helpline numbers you can ring for free, if you are not comfortable talking to those close to you about it, just yet. It is a good idea to also make an appointment with your GP, so they can assess the best treatment, if they feel it is needed. As feisty above said, there is the Ark in Bridgend. It is just opposite the little Tesco, on the outskirts of town. They are great there. The main thing is, do not suffer in silence. It will only exacerbate the feelings you already have. Sending you hugs OP x

By *ara MTV/TS  over a year ago

Aberdare

I’m still struggling daily with depression but, as all have said talk to your GP.

There is help to be had but, the first move has to be yours.

By *ay rickMan  over a year ago

cardiff

Personally I think depression is the new bad back....some people use it as a name for just having a normal life hard time....to that end it impacts on the people who genuinly suffer with it!!..my father suffered after a work fall and skull fracture..he was in hell for a few yes as he put it but hey got through with support....if it's genuinly depression then grab any help you can..talk talk talk I saw this helped 1st hand..goodluck bud

By *unshine500Man  over a year ago

west wales

One you have actually said how you feel which is a big thing for anyone to do let alone a man, there are lots of places you can call, even text and they will call you back, maybe go and see your Dr and see if they can help you in anyway or form. But most of all never think your alone, chin up now

"Personally I think depression is the new bad back....some people use it as a name for just having a normal life hard time....to that end it impacts on the people who genuinly suffer with it!!..my father suffered after a work fall and skull fracture..he was in hell for a few yes as he put it but hey got through with support....if it's genuinly depression then grab any help you can..talk talk talk I saw this helped 1st hand..goodluck bud "

I think this person's attitude is part of the problem of why a lot of people with mental health issues never seek help. They feel like they won't be taken seriously and are making a fuss over nothing. Trivialising other peoples mental health problems is really very very sad when you have no idea what anyone else is going through. Do you know how damaging it would be for someone who feels so low to reach out, try and seek help, whether just on here or from a proffessional to feel like they will be brushed off as "just having a bad day?" Everyone's brain deals with things in different day and what you may be able to deal with as "a normal life hard time" could be making someone else seriously mentally unwell. The ignorance surrounding mental health is fucking staggering and it very very sad

"Personally I think depression is the new bad back....some people use it as a name for just having a normal life hard time....to that end it impacts on the people who genuinly suffer with it!!..my father suffered after a work fall and skull fracture..he was in hell for a few yes as he put it but hey got through with support....if it's genuinly depression then grab any help you can..talk talk talk I saw this helped 1st hand..goodluck bud "

It's not the new bad back. What are you even talking about? That's an extremely inappropriate comment to put on a thread, where the OP is reaching out. Let's be clear. It's less stigmatized now, so people are more open to talking about mental health. But people have always suffered in silence, because of comments just like these. Shame on you.

By *elsh JackDMan  over a year ago

Newbridge

Don’t suffer in silence fella..... there’s loads of help out there and people willing to listen.

It’s good to see on here this side of people on fab...... not just here to fuck each other silly but also as a shoulder if anyone needs one.

Keep strong

"Personally I think depression is the new bad back....some people use it as a name for just having a normal life hard time....to that end it impacts on the people who genuinly suffer with it!!..my father suffered after a work fall and skull fracture..he was in hell for a few yes as he put it but hey got through with support....if it's genuinly depression then grab any help you can..talk talk talk I saw this helped 1st hand..goodluck bud

It's not the new bad back. What are you even talking about? That's an extremely inappropriate comment to put on a thread, where the OP is reaching out. Let's be clear. It's less stigmatized now, so people are more open to talking about mental health. But people have always suffered in silence, because of comments just like these. Shame on you. "

He put the same post on a similar thread the other week but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and ignores it but that attitude is really really disappointing and is part of the reason why suicide rates are so high.

"Personally I think depression is the new bad back....some people use it as a name for just having a normal life hard time....to that end it impacts on the people who genuinly suffer with it!!..my father suffered after a work fall and skull fracture..he was in hell for a few yes as he put it but hey got through with support....if it's genuinly depression then grab any help you can..talk talk talk I saw this helped 1st hand..goodluck bud

It's not the new bad back. What are you even talking about? That's an extremely inappropriate comment to put on a thread, where the OP is reaching out. Let's be clear. It's less stigmatized now, so people are more open to talking about mental health. But people have always suffered in silence, because of comments just like these. Shame on you.

He put the same post on a similar thread the other week but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and ignores it but that attitude is really really disappointing and is part of the reason why suicide rates are so high. "

My uncle committed suicide last year. He was one of those who didn't talk about things for a long time. By the time it was noticeable, he was too down to see any light. People need to be supported at the first sign, before they get to the point where the feel they have nothing left to love for

He put the same post on a similar thread the other week but I gave him the benefit of the doubt and ignores it but that attitude is really really disappointing and is part of the reason why suicide rates are so high.

My uncle committed suicide last year. He was one of those who didn't talk about things for a long time. By the time it was noticeable, he was too down to see any light. People need to be supported at the first sign, before they get to the point where the feel they have nothing left to love for "

Live*

My uncle committed suicide last year. He was one of those who didn't talk about things for a long time. By the time it was noticeable, he was too down to see any light. People need to be supported at the first sign, before they get to the point where the feel they have nothing left to love for

Live*"

It's no wonder people take their own lives if they are faced with attitudes and prejudices as displayed above. I find it quite difficult to believe that a compos mentis adult would post such harmful comments on a thread of this nature. I hope it was out of unintentional ignorance rather than malice.

By *ildflowersMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

I have to agree with all the positive comments above. I’ve recently been rocked to my core whilst living and working overseas, suffering from anxiety. I struggled for months and had no one to talk to being in a foreign country. I eventually went to see an English speaking doc and it was a huge relief. He encouraged me to come home and spend time with family and friends. Within a day of being home, I felt so much better! Great to see people supporting each other here. Take people’s advice and good luck.

PS, I also had a bad back that people used to question until they cut me open and spent 4 months in hospital. Mental health issues might look like there’s nothing wrong until it’s too late!Thinking of you mate!

cardiff

My opinion is based on what I've seen in real life...as said I've seen the reality of depression and the people who are just having normal life tough times!!..so to point out in no way was I saying this was the case for op or anyone personally so keep the facts and not twist to suit plz...this proves a point that no one bar the crew here can have an view unless it follows them for fear of verbal attacks...right on that note goodluck op keep it to your topic

By *uck427Man  over a year ago

wales

It's a hard struggle I'm suffering badly you get a good day then bam it turns shit it goes with my bad back nerve damage in my shoulder also chip in it so in pain all on my right side and being diabetic asthmatic just to put the knife in the one lot of tablets caused limp dick and you take ages to cum so you may need the little blue pill on the plus side you get a 4 hr hard on and can't cum for a hr or more Ha Ha Ha

Having struggled with depression for several years, I find what helped me best (everyone is different) was making stuff. I taught myself basic carpentry, blacksmithing, leatherworking, ect. And it really helped. I also took up LARP. Once a month, I get to be someone different

By *aydee65Man  over a year ago

Near Merthyr

Get out of the house. Even if its just a walk around the block, don't just sit there with that cloud above you. Force yourself to get out and do something. I found walking was great, I'd walk miles and am lucky to have nice countryside walks just at the end of my village and when I got back home I genuinely did feel a little bit better for it. Its a long road but it can get better.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"Just feeling sad, and alnoe."

Come off social media and definitely fab,

Do things that you used to enjoy, fishing, surfing, walking, running etc talk to a good friend.

Fill your day so you don't get time to sit around and worry

"My opinion is based on what I've seen in real life...as said I've seen the reality of depression and the people who are just having normal life tough times!!..so to point out in no way was I saying this was the case for op or anyone personally so keep the facts and not twist to suit plz...this proves a point that no one bar the crew here can have an view unless it follows them for fear of verbal attacks...right on that note goodluck op keep it to your topic "

Nobody has verbally attacked you for goodness sake. Your post was very poorly worded and came across as ignorant to mental healty issues. By all means have an opinion but don't go acting the victim when you are challenged on it. Your choice of words were very thoughtless considering the nature of the post you were commenting on. But hey ho, as long as you're voicing "your opinion" who cares about anyone else hey or the impact your careless comment could potentially have ??

cardiff

"My opinion is based on what I've seen in real life...as said I've seen the reality of depression and the people who are just having normal life tough times!!..so to point out in no way was I saying this was the case for op or anyone personally so keep the facts and not twist to suit plz...this proves a point that no one bar the crew here can have an view unless it follows them for fear of verbal attacks...right on that note goodluck op keep it to your topic

Nobody has verbally attacked you for goodness sake. Your post was very poorly worded and came across as ignorant to mental healty issues. By all means have an opinion but don't go acting the victim when you are challenged on it. Your choice of words were very thoughtless considering the nature of the post you were commenting on. But hey ho, as long as you're voicing "your opinion" who cares about anyone else hey or the impact your careless comment could potentially have ?? "

Not careless at all just my view...which I'm entitled to...my brother killed himself through a number of his own issues...my opinion was just as said..people who suffer with real depression and people just going through a sad time are 2 very different things entirely!!...my opinion and I seen enough and do enough to help those around me through my proffesion to hold that opinion...you do not have to agree but plz don't start the usual group force attack coz you guys love hounding people as shown many times over the years here..so let's agree we def disagree...once again concentrate on support..once again goodluck op

By *orro_sMan  over a year ago

Swansea

Up until recently I had slightly similar views myself, like I said, only slightly. That was until I myself hit rock bottom. It came out of nowhere, and it wasn't until others pointed out that I wasn't my usual cheery self. Depression had never affected me before, but I felt so lonely, and couldn't speak to anyone. Eventually I opened up to a good friend, and told him my concerns and worries. Mine was due to relationship issues, which is now nearly rubber-stamped over. But until I realised what the cause was, I didn't know what else to do. I can't stress enough how talking to someone close helped. I suppose I was lucky, I found the cause, others aren't so lucky...

I hope you change your views, as some day it might be you in need of help...

"My opinion is based on what I've seen in real life...as said I've seen the reality of depression and the people who are just having normal life tough times!!..so to point out in no way was I saying this was the case for op or anyone personally so keep the facts and not twist to suit plz...this proves a point that no one bar the crew here can have an view unless it follows them for fear of verbal attacks...right on that note goodluck op keep it to your topic

Nobody has verbally attacked you for goodness sake. Your post was very poorly worded and came across as ignorant to mental healty issues. By all means have an opinion but don't go acting the victim when you are challenged on it. Your choice of words were very thoughtless considering the nature of the post you were commenting on. But hey ho, as long as you're voicing "your opinion" who cares about anyone else hey or the impact your careless comment could potentially have ??

Not careless at all just my view...which I'm entitled to...my brother killed himself through a number of his own issues...my opinion was just as said..people who suffer with real depression and people just going through a sad time are 2 very different things entirely!!...my opinion and I seen enough and do enough to help those around me through my proffesion to hold that opinion...you do not have to agree but plz don't start the usual group force attack coz you guys love hounding people as shown many times over the years here..so let's agree we def disagree...once again concentrate on support..once again goodluck op "

Nobody is saying you aren't entitled to a view but people are just as entitled to disagree with you. Myself and one other female member whom I have never met or spoken to in my entire life opposed your views on the same and now that makes us a "group force attack". Seriously?? As a previous poster said, I really hope you change your views one day whether it be through personal experience or other means.

By *ay.fabMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

If you’re feeling sad or depressed, unable to share your feelings with someone. Try to write a letter and express your feelings and emotions in writing. Then burn that letter. Trust me it works whichever shit conditions you are in. I know it’s deep but it worked for lots of people. Good luck bro

P.s we should make the situation better than bickering someone for their vocabulary or grammatical error. Bury your negativity thought with positivity and love x

cardiff

Not careless at all just my view...which I'm entitled to...my brother killed himself through a number of his own issues...my opinion was just as said..people who suffer with real depression and people just going through a sad time are 2 very different things entirely!!...my opinion and I seen enough and do enough to help those around me through my proffesion to hold that opinion...you do not have to agree but plz don't start the usual group force attack coz you guys love hounding people as shown many times over the years here..so let's agree we def disagree...once again concentrate on support..once again goodluck op

Nobody is saying you aren't entitled to a view but people are just as entitled to disagree with you. Myself and one other female member whom I have never met or spoken to in my entire life opposed your views on the same and now that makes us a "group force attack". Seriously?? As a previous poster said, I really hope you change your views one day whether it be through personal experience or other means."

I have life expiriences as you could have read...so that's my reason for my view...again entitled to as you are to disagree...but plz don't put me in a category of don't understand because I do...certain groups here are renowned for hounding so now we cleared that..that's that..luck op

"Get out of the house. Even if its just a walk around the block, don't just sit there with that cloud above you. Force yourself to get out and do something. I found walking was great, I'd walk miles and am lucky to have nice countryside walks just at the end of my village and when I got back home I genuinely did feel a little bit better for it. Its a long road but it can get better."

I agree with this....exercise of any sort can be hugely beneficial OP. As little or as much as you can manage xx

By *aughty JayMan  over a year ago

Pontypridd

Spend some time each day doing what makes you happy. Exercise, reading, watching a film, whatever it may be. Find time each day even if it's only 10-15 minutes it will make a difference.

Mindfulness is also a good tool. There are plenty of websites and apps that go into more detail. It can be really helpful.

Citalpam is good for depression. I suffer with it aswell.

By *ay2571Man  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Its hard, you have to find whst works for you, and the most difficult part is trying to do it when you just haven’t got the energy. But be thankful for the times you do.

Strategies that work for me

Exercise, but be carful not to over do it. I dug myself into a hole by over training

Writing- i write a diary. I find it helps if i get the negativity out of my head and on to paper. When i reread stuff im shocked at how out of perspective i have things. Its a useful reminder

Meditation i try and do 10 minutes a day useing the headspace app.

Yoga. Links in to the meditation

Not drinking.

Eating well. For me this covers off two things. One is obviously looking after myself. But i also find the act of making food calming.

Schedule. Im quite strict with my time. I write it all down in my diary. I find it motivates me to actually do things and not be too introverted

Ive also tried CBD oil. Not 100% convinced yet but its not harming

"Citalpam is good for depression. I suffer with it aswell. "

Does the workout at the gym help ?i know a guy that says a strenuous workout makes his mood improve x

Talk to someone that understands you, go to the doctor ask for counselling and listen to music cos I know the feeling as I’ve got depression xx

By *eviationMan  over a year ago

Brynamman

You have taken a step by starting this thread

Talk

Doctors

Talk

Hobbies

Talk

Walk

Talk

Friends

Talk

Cut your time down on here it can be so depressing and demoralising

as a single male Sometimes lol

Oh yes and talk some more

By *uitar321Man  over a year ago

Newport

Your starting on the right Road to dealing with it by openly admitting to yourself that your suffering with deppretion professional help is the next step it will be a long journey to get back to were you feel comfortable with yourself again good luck hope you find what helps you though what is a hard time

» Add a new message to this topic