FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > No, Hey how are you?

No, Hey how are you?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I/we see lots of profiles that don't want messages of the above. If you are one of these, what type of message do you prefer or are looking to receive? x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unshine500Man  over a year ago

west wales

"I/we see lots of profiles that don't want messages of the above. If you are one of these, what type of message do you prefer or are looking to receive? x "

Good question to ask, I assume evreyone starts off with small talk first to see if there would be intrest

By *elightful 2Couple  over a year ago

No longer in the UK.

When we was meeting we'd send a message along the lines of 'we've read your profile and we like the bit about blah blah blah' take a peek at ours and get back to us if anything interests you. X

If they reply great if not then nothing lost.

By *ve 63Woman  over a year ago

Newbridge

Don't mind that ...

Hate ' fancy a fuck tonight ' when neither got a clue what each other look like. I could be a 25stone toothless dwarf

Oh gosh just looked in the mirror

Hey guys thanks for the reply.

We always ready a profile and mention we have read it. Sometimes mention something from the profile But can see this is as much better way to comuntcate and show that your not just sending generic messages or doing the old copy and paste. Great tip, thanks. It can be hard as lots of profile have very little to go from. x

No longer in the UK.

"Hey guys thanks for the reply.

We always ready a profile and mention we have read it. Sometimes mention something from the profile But can see this is as much better way to comuntcate and show that your not just sending generic messages or doing the old copy and paste. Great tip, thanks. It can be hard as lots of profile have very little to go from. x "

If the profile is pretty bare we'd move on as there are plenty of good ones, it just takes time searching for what your looking for but the rewards are great when you find it.

Good luck in your journey. X

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't state it on my profile, but it is the type of message that I do tend to ignore. I'm going to try searching myself for a bit, because I've gotten to the point that most messages don't stand out anymore and I'm becoming a tad cynical. Time for a fab reboot, to see how the other half lives, haha

No longer in the UK.

"I don't state it on my profile, but it is the type of message that I do tend to ignore. I'm going to try searching myself for a bit, because I've gotten to the point that most messages don't stand out anymore and I'm becoming a tad cynical. Time for a fab reboot, to see how the other half lives, haha "

We still think your profile is hilarious.. definitely on of the best reads on here. X

By *inkSWCoupleCouple  over a year ago

Newport

I've always wondered what these accounts are looking for as well, especially the ones that have that but give no information. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Newport

[Removed by poster at 30/12/18 16:50:04]

Newport

@Mistiquexx Good luck in your search, I always like to see people going after what they want instead of waiting around. And yes you profile is brilliant.

We prefer a good written message if we like the look of the profile we will respond, if we dont we say thanks but not for us. Hate the fancy a fuck messages or you free now.

"I don't state it on my profile, but it is the type of message that I do tend to ignore. I'm going to try searching myself for a bit, because I've gotten to the point that most messages don't stand out anymore and I'm becoming a tad cynical. Time for a fab reboot, to see how the other half lives, haha

We still think your profile is hilarious.. definitely on of the best reads on here. X"

Aww thank you both. I was a little bored one night, so thought I'd have a little fun with it x

I do wonder what is best to introduce yourself , because we’re all different in catching people’s attention, I sometimes struggle when putting things into a written message but thrive on a physical meet and greet

Let alone all the messages you lovely ladies and couples get which can then get lost in translation x

"@Mistiquexx Good luck in your search, I always like to see people going after what they want instead of waiting around. And yes you profile is brilliant."

Thank you both. Hopefully I can find someone who suits my preference and I suit there's

By *reenleavesCouple  over a year ago

North Wales

We tend to look at first contact messages as if they were letters as opposed to instant messaging. Would you go to the trouble of getting a pen, paper, envelope and stamp together, only to write 'hey how's u?

We're looking for the start of a conversation with various bits that we can respond to and throw in our own questions. It can be anything really. A thread we've posted to... The style of one of our photos... Something from our bio.

I think people need to appreciate the time and effort it takes writing a well composed and thought out first message. They are not that easy as you have to stand out, whilst being unique and non-generic but what happens more often than not is that there is either no response or its just a short response asking for a pic or something completely unrelated. This can become tiresome. I appreciate that there are a lot of single men on here so women do get bombarded but it's hard to really understand what a woman is looking for? This is my 3rd time on here in about 18 months and I've not had 1 meet but don't struggle on kik or other sites in the slightest. What makes this so different?

"I think people need to appreciate the time and effort it takes writing a well composed and thought out first message. They are not that easy as you have to stand out, whilst being unique and non-generic but what happens more often than not is that there is either no response or its just a short response asking for a pic or something completely unrelated. This can become tiresome. I appreciate that there are a lot of single men on here so women do get bombarded but it's hard to really understand what a woman is looking for? This is my 3rd time on here in about 18 months and I've not had 1 meet but don't struggle on kik or other sites in the slightest. What makes this so different?"

I actually do sympathise with this. I've been guilty of not replying to messages that were a little more thought out, because I wasn't attracted to a person's gallery or profile text. It does make me understand why some write very small messages/do a copy and paste.

By *3xymamaWoman  over a year ago

RCT

Personally I look at the profile and pics of the messager first. If they don't appeal to me I often don't even open the message. Rude maybe, but my profile states what I'm looking for. So if it's a message from a blank profile with no pics, I don't respond

I agree with both these statements also but it I only go part on someone's profile text as some people find it very easy to 'big themselves' up or what's happened on some occasions is that it's completely false and has no relation to what they put in there. I'd rather chat, meet over coffee or drink to really find out about that person.

"I agree with both these statements also but it I only go part on someone's profile text as some people find it very easy to 'big themselves' up or what's happened on some occasions is that it's completely false and has no relation to what they put in there. I'd rather chat, meet over coffee or drink to really find out about that person. "

A profile text is a good indicator of a person's humour/personality. Generic texts that just tell you what they are looking and what they have done, are not profiles I'm drawn to. If they have personality injected into It, that's what piques my interest. Not so much what they say, but the way in which they have written it

Thanks guys again for the reply. It's so hard to write a message to stranger when basically your saying I think your pics are hot let's chat and maybe fuck. I am the kind of person who gets on with everyone and much prefer to go meet in person. But this isn't online dating so feels strange to ask about hobbies, jobs etc or am I wrong there? x

"Thanks guys again for the reply. It's so hard to write a message to stranger when basically your saying I think your pics are hot let's chat and maybe fuck. I am the kind of person who gets on with everyone and much prefer to go meet in person. But this isn't online dating so feels strange to ask about hobbies, jobs etc or am I wrong there? x"
totally agree with you there really isn’t in my opinion a better way of deciding what people’s intentions or preference is until you meet them

I definitely look past the text and try and gauge a personality based on what is written and it's nice to hear you do the same. Unfortunately you are very much a rare breed in that field for a woman.

"I agree with both these statements also but it I only go part on someone's profile text as some people find it very easy to 'big themselves' up or what's happened on some occasions is that it's completely false and has no relation to what they put in there. I'd rather chat, meet over coffee or drink to really find out about that person.

A profile text is a good indicator of a person's humour/personality. Generic texts that just tell you what they are looking and what they have done, are not profiles I'm drawn to. If they have personality injected into It, that's what piques my interest. Not so much what they say, but the way in which they have written it "

Your profile definitely shows your sense of humour

I thought she is as mad as a box of frogs....just like me!!

Newport

"Thanks guys again for the reply. It's so hard to write a message to stranger when basically your saying I think your pics are hot let's chat and maybe fuck. I am the kind of person who gets on with everyone and much prefer to go meet in person. But this isn't online dating so feels strange to ask about hobbies, jobs etc or am I wrong there? x"

We intentionally put a breif overveiw of habbies on here Specifically to give people something to talk about.

"I agree with both these statements also but it I only go part on someone's profile text as some people find it very easy to 'big themselves' up or what's happened on some occasions is that it's completely false and has no relation to what they put in there. I'd rather chat, meet over coffee or drink to really find out about that person.

A profile text is a good indicator of a person's humour/personality. Generic texts that just tell you what they are looking and what they have done, are not profiles I'm drawn to. If they have personality injected into It, that's what piques my interest. Not so much what they say, but the way in which they have written it

I thought she is as mad as a box of frogs....just like me!! "

That's why we get on

"Thanks guys again for the reply. It's so hard to write a message to stranger when basically your saying I think your pics are hot let's chat and maybe fuck. I am the kind of person who gets on with everyone and much prefer to go meet in person. But this isn't online dating so feels strange to ask about hobbies, jobs etc or am I wrong there? x

We intentionally put a breif overveiw of habbies on here Specifically to give people something to talk about. "

It just feels " wrong" asking some personal question,but maybe I'm wrong

By *ve 63Woman  over a year ago

Newbridge

A profile text is a good indicator of a person's humour/personality. Generic texts that just tell you what they are looking and what they have done, are not profiles I'm drawn to. If they have personality injected into It, that's what piques my interest. Not so much what they say, but the way in which they have written it "

Been told I'm to religious and picky with my profile FFS at least they know straight off what I want or don't want

By *Jay10XMan  over a year ago

wales

I like this topic , because I always struggle knowing what to say, I always do better face to face, plus I am shit at taking photos of myself, I never know what expression to pull or pose or anything.

I always read the profile but never think to mention Ive read it, unless they put a password to

Start the message with, so u prove you have read it

Good read all Thanks

Been told I'm to religious and picky with my profile FFS at least they know straight off what I want or don't want "

Haha just looked! Class!

"I like this topic , because I always struggle knowing what to say, I always do better face to face, plus I am shit at taking photos of myself, I never know what expression to pull or pose or anything.

I always read the profile but never think to mention Ive read it, unless they put a password to

Start the message with, so u prove you have read it

Good read all Thanks "

I always get told I'm better looking in real life I have never been photo genic NEVER and can't smile to save Wales

I also think these days people put filters etc in photos so you can't be to sure until you meet them.

I have enjoyed reading all your reply. Thanks

Been told I'm to religious and picky with my profile FFS at least they know straight off what I want or don't want "

Defo not picky. I like your profile. One of your lookalikes who you wouldn't kick out of bed, I have actually had some fun with

"

It’s just the sort of profile I look for and it is pretty funny also definitely shows your personality x

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

The thing with "Hey how are you?" Messages is they don't actually want to know the answer, so does it need to be asked When I've given an answer of how I really am I've had an answer of "bloody hell I didn't want to know in detail!" Well don't bloody ask then lol.

Bit like when you're in the doctors and you see someone you know and say "Hiya, alright?" Ummmm I'm in the docs cause I'm perfectly healthy

"

I thought she is as mad as a box of frogs....just like me!!

That's why we get on "

It’s best to get on with you or I could be cleaning up kebabs from my door

By *eviationMan  over a year ago

Brynamman

First is Sooòoooo Tough to stand out without coming across as a muppet,desperate,loser,or complete lecherous deviant loony

Which a lot of us are lol

» Add a new message to this topic