FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Gareth Thoma V Homophobia

Gareth Thoma V Homophobia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Outstanding player. One of the best. Are the Welsh really bothered he came out as gay. Disgusting he was assaulted due to the fact he's gay.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inkyKatssCouple  over a year ago

pontypridd

I'm not bothered.

Not a single bit.

In fact, I applaud the man. He comes from a profession that has an alpha male, testosterone fuelled culture. He had the balls to stand up for his own beliefs.

To do this, in that kind of environment.... props to him. Such a role model! !!!

By *iss-louWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Outstanding player. One of the best. Are the Welsh really bothered he came out as gay. Disgusting he was assaulted due to the fact he's gay. "

Definitely not. In fact when he came out I thought everyone already knew as it was a sort of quiet open secret at the Blues.. tho people were concerned for his wife etc it was known for a good number of years he was exploring when 'away' (awkward mind you)

A small group of bigots attacked him and well.. good on him for using it to educate them.

I think Homophobia is a massive issue in football... poss still a bit of an issue at grass roots level in rugby due to male egos

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not in the slightest, he’s much better now, when he first came out there was a period that he went quite camp! Far more himself now.

By *ing-louisMan  over a year ago

Merthyr Tydfil

Honestly give a crap who does what in the bedroom. Don't get why some people care so much.

By *oby le roneMan  over a year ago

amroth

Couldn't care less. admire him for it actually, took a lot of guts to do what he did. Shame a few other sports personalities didn't jump on the as soon as he broke the news. Would have eased any fears they had and they'd actually see that the majority of people don't give a shit.

Agree with all the above. Applaud him

By *ackieSteveCouple  over a year ago

Newbridge

He was a favourite of mine as a player and his bravery to come out only increased how highly I thought of him.

Rugby and football are still intrinsically straight sports, because of the macho alpha type guys who play them.

It'll even out eventually but for now, it's up to leaders like Alfie to fight the good fight.

Steve

By *elly ClarkeTV/TS  over a year ago

swansea

Is he gay?

Gosh

Can't believe he's not mentioned it before...

A brave man on and off the field. He should be applauded for coming out.

By *-CrassClownMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

Zero F's to give regarding it, I judge him as a player and, in that regard, he is beyond reproach. Sexuality isn't a choice, and therefore none of my business.

I've met him twice, the most ignorant person I've ever met. I don't care he's gay and it's a disgrace he was assaulted but I didn't find him to be anything like his media persona.

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

"I've met him twice, the most ignorant person I've ever met. I don't care he's gay and it's a disgrace he was assaulted but I didn't find him to be anything like his media persona."

Was it recently? I think he openly admits that he was often not a nice guy when younger.

Totally get that people’s public persona is often not the real them mind!

I’m not bothered about him being gay in the slightest and heard him speak very well and emotionally about the difficulties young people face in TV chat shows a couple of times.

I did sometimes worry that his wife was ok in the aftermath of his new life.

"I've met him twice, the most ignorant person I've ever met. I don't care he's gay and it's a disgrace he was assaulted but I didn't find him to be anything like his media persona.

Was it recently? I think he openly admits that he was often not a nice guy when younger.

Totally get that people’s public persona is often not the real them mind!

I’m not bothered about him being gay in the slightest and heard him speak very well and emotionally about the difficulties young people face in TV chat shows a couple of times.

I did sometimes worry that his wife was ok in the aftermath of his new life."

First time a couple of years ago and last time about 6 months ago. Exactly the same both times.

"Outstanding player. One of the best. Are the Welsh really bothered he came out as gay. Disgusting he was assaulted due to the fact he's gay. "

Absolutely not, guy is a legend... as usual its the vocal few being total asshats. Sexuality is neither here nor there, he was awesome on the pitch

Live & let live I say

By *embslee1Man  over a year ago

pembroke

Couldn't give a shit about someone's sexuality. Don't understand how it can bother someone so much that they feel the need to attack them.

By *eepndarkMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

He can smack my bare arse again anytime. Who bloody cares?

» Add a new message to this topic