FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Beware when using NCP when attending newport social

Beware when using NCP when attending newport social

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ce_and_fire OP   Couple  over a year ago

over the rainbow

Just got a letter from a collections agency for £160 because i went over my time in the NCP at north road.the original was £100 but i apparently ignored correspondence from NCP ( never received any) the camera picked me up going in at 945pm and leaving at 145 am about 45 mins over thats £100 for 45 mins so beware peeps try not to be late getting back to your car or you will be stung.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ouch!

By *ewgirlontheblockWoman  over a year ago

sexy town

The local hotels used to give a discount code for hotel users who parked in the NCP car parks. A new company have taken over and have stopped the discount now. There is no leeway as they use the camera to clock you in and out now..

This has been the case in this car park for a long time! Next social get in touch will tell u places to park for free xx

Use the app to pay in advance its cheaper & it will accept the discount code, used it well before last X

By *nique_GymMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Use the app to pay in advance its cheaper & it will accept the discount code, used it well before last X"

It also sends you a text to say your parking is about to expire. It’s a little dearer than cash but I think well worth it, especially based on the excessive £100’s ??

By *elsh_lass74Woman  over a year ago

South Wales

There's a few groups on the book of face that help fighting these invoices.

"Use the app to pay in advance its cheaper & it will accept the discount code, used it well before last X

It also sends you a text to say your parking is about to expire. It’s a little dearer than cash but I think well worth it, especially based on the excessive £100’s ??"

It's cheaper if booked in advance X

If you look at the money supermarket website, you cant be forced to pay. It's not like a council ticket.

By *elsh_lass74Woman  over a year ago

South Wales

"If you look at the money supermarket website, you cant be forced to pay. It's not like a council ticket."

But they can and will take you to court if you ignore the notices. You need to fight each stage

By *ighugs69Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

Parking tickets from a private company is a civil matter, it's basicly an invoice they'll use words like fee or charge but never fine. Councils on the other hand can fine you & can send the bailiffs round.

I've paid the few council tickets I got. Also had a couple of parking tickets from private firms & ignored them because I'd slightly overstayed on an already overpriced ticket.

After a couple of letters they give up since it's not worth taking you to court. I'm not suggestion people don't pay for parking, but if you overstayed, asking for that much extra is them just trying it on.

I've ignored private ones, they gave up sending me letters after a few years...yes years! Each letter sounded more threatening than the last. I did think about writing back and telling them they had been the victim of a 'ringer' (duplicated number plate) but couldn't be arsed. Don't pay it and don't engage in any dialogue where you accept the overstay in any form of words, written or otherwise. Any council ones you just have to pay but they normally half the charge if you pay within a given period of time.

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

"Just got a letter from a collections agency for £160 because i went over my time in the NCP at north road.the original was £100 but i apparently ignored correspondence from NCP ( never received any) the camera picked me up going in at 945pm and leaving at 145 am about 45 mins over thats £100 for 45 mins so beware peeps try not to be late getting back to your car or you will be stung.

"

Holy cow!

By *ce_and_fire OP   Couple  over a year ago

over the rainbow

Holy cow was right and guess what I was late getting back to car at last weeks too ffs.

Why couldn't the letter have come last week..

By *exysexedupCouple  over a year ago

ship shape and Bristol fashion

Is the station near to venue as parking very reasonable there for 24 hours ? We've not been to Newport social but we're thinking about the 5 th October ? Is it a good one and the Bristol social is so rammed you can't chat

Station not that far from venue

By *ickablecoupleCouple  over a year ago

West Glamorgan

We had a fine using that carpark even though we paid, had to send in proof of payment,took ages to sort out!

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

How much is the station car park?

[Removed by poster at 30/09/19 14:10:17]

Newport rail station car park £10 for 24 hours

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Thanks for the warning, gutted to hear about that extortionate fine.

» Add a new message to this topic