FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > MCE Insurance

MCE Insurance

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ust Us Together OP   Couple  over a year ago

Newport

How many on here got caught out with the MCE Insurance fiasco....

Having to re-insure all my bikes at this time of the year has left a hole in my finances. Not holding out much hope of actually getting any of my money back from the FSCS.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Me too, only had a month left on the policy so not too bad, doubt if any refunds will be issued. Good luck.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah me too. Thankfully I only had a few months left so was getting ready for the renewal. Doubt any refund from FSCS would actually buy a pint but you never know

Newport

I still had 8 months to go on my multibike policy and my single bike policy had 9 months left.

I miss the old Norwich Union Rider Policies....select the CC limit and all bikes you owned were covered..

By *lutandhubbyCouple  over a year ago

west midlands

only had a month left on my insurance, so not too bad. pity about the years no claims though.

By *rkkidMan  over a year ago

Cork

Never even heard of this until now.. 105,000 policies..

By *ock69erMan  over a year ago

Middle o’ Fife

I haven't heard about this at all so not sure what's going on, I'm guessing they've went out of business and left everyone uninsured... But... I've just did a search by the meercats and one of the quotes for my bike renewal was from mce.

Time to do some Googlin'

By *leepypupMan  over a year ago

edinburgh

If you taken out insurance before 9th Nov 21 then you will affected anything after that you will be insured as it has something to do with the underwriter.

Newport

Reading all the emails sent to me it seems MCE insurance in the UK is a broker and that is still trading OK. They had a underwriter, MCE Insurance based in Gibraltar, which may had been called something else, that went bust. It had a few name changes for reasons known to the administrators to seperate it from MCE UK.

Basically UK policyholders got royally screwed. MCE just want to sell you new replacement policies and are not in anyway helpfull in sorting this out.

By *ock69erMan  over a year ago

Middle o’ Fife

Yeah, I don't give a fishes tit how competitive their quote is, I'll be giving them a wide berth.

» Add a new message to this topic