FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Trophy/FJR/K1200RT

Trophy/FJR/K1200RT

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ananaman1001 OP   Man  over a year ago

Bracknell

Hi all,

So there are choices for a new bike but opinions will be greatly received.

I have a Kawa Vulcan S 650 and have ridden happily all over the UK and Europe but it is a challenge on motorways....which I try to avoid but still.

Budget is less than 6k and the K1200rt comes with all toys and reduced maintenance but what is the opinion on the Trophy and FJR?

Seat height is an issue for me at 5'6" and I want to be comfortable getting enough foot on the ground when needed - this will be a second bike as I don't have a car..

Bracing myself for lots of opinions and looking forward to reading them.

Geoff.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hiya Geoff,

The K series bikes have lots of issues, if it's the 1200GT across the frame four?

The Trophy looks really good on paper but didn't sell that well.

I've owned three FJRs from new and put over 100k on them.

Comfy and pretty agile and pretty quick too, handle well for their size but are the least equiped out of your three choices.

The rear suspension linkage is an issue that needs stripping and cleaning once a year.

This involves lifting the rear of the bike.

Beyond that and the odd electrical issue they're bulletproof.

The 2003-2006 abs model is best I think as it's not as heavy as later bikes but has the added benefit of safety from the abs.

By *edLionScotMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Another vote for theFJR. My '55 plate ABS model has been a great arounder.

Suspension linkage was an issue on mine, so pay attention to the service history. Check for camchain rattle too.

They're not sports bikes but they do hustle brilliantly.

They're straightforward to work on and have been around long enough that parts are readily available.

K Series GT is not as quick as the S. The FJR would be in between in terms of 1/4mile times.

» Add a new message to this topic