FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Bikers > Biking for the rich

Biking for the rich

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amish S OP   Man  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Just seen in MCN and in some trade publications that it seems that some marques are going to be exclusive products. Norton are dreaming of doing it according to recent release about their recent 'exclusivity' seminar at Solihull. Ducati have already announced it, and looks like KTM and MV Agusta will go the same way. KTM have distribution in the UK for CF Moto, so I expect this will be their 'cheap' brand.

The way some of the brand executives suggest 23K is not that much during these times for an exclusive machine is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

Their plan will only work if youngsters can get into motorcycling and companies above and their attitudes will surely put more off getting a licence.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hromosexualsCouple  over a year ago

Near Abercynon

I think that's fair enough. Some people like products specifically because of how expensive they are... so there will probably be a market for them.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

It will make the steal to order guys a lot busier, also longer to get a replacement bike.

By *elshie69Man  over a year ago

Feltham

New bikes are too expensive for me these days, all gone up massively in price these last 6-8yrs or so, even for an ‘ordinary’ bike.

By *kbull2000Man  over a year ago

Carluke

At the risk of sounding like an old git, I don't like new bikes. They're massively overpriced, draped in plastic and lack character .

Biking is shrinking. There's not enough kids entering so manufacturers and dealers cant make their money in volume. Unfortunately, the market is shifting to more mid-life starters / returnees.

By *ikerdude2017Man  over a year ago

Retford

I'm looking at a Vstrom, lots of good bikes in secondhand market, why would you buy brand new anywyayas you have to run them in, and they lose thousands as soon as it comes out the showroom.

» Add a new message to this topic