FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Camping > Is it worth buying a tent now?

Is it worth buying a tent now?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Do you think all camp sites will.be open this year?

Debating whether to buy a tent now, or leave it till next year

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

There are some excellent sales on atm. We have just bought an air tent and so much more stuff for camping.

It will all be put aside for when we are able to go camping again.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Do you think all camp sites will.be open this year?

"

Some sites that are taking booking for next month are not opening the shower and toilet block.

I suggest you also buy a bucket lol

start booking and we hope u like your new tent and don't let people put u off xx go for it

"start booking and we hope u like your new tent and don't let people put u off xx go for it "

I'll need a few other bits.

I know Thurrock as I'm actually an Essex boy.

By *addington57Man  over a year ago

Somerset

Bought a new air tent just before lock down, for a week's camping in North Devon, sposed to be for end of this month but with sites still closed, have had to rebook for end of August, let's hope camp sites open by then

By * and BCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"Bought a new air tent just before lock down, for a week's camping in North Devon, sposed to be for end of this month but with sites still closed, have had to rebook for end of August, let's hope camp sites open by then "

Air tent is the best tent we've ever had. No more broken poles in the wind. Had ours a few years now, hardly move in strong wind.

Advice to people buying tents and stuff, buy kit to what you can afford and don't go for cheapest. Buying rubbish sleeping bags and tents will make you want to pack up after your first night and go home if its a bit chilly or a bit wet. There's some rubbish out there. Can't beat quality for the chilly British nights. We are itching to get out with the tent on the back of the bike

I hope they do open campsites as I've just bought a tent with a darkened bedroom I want to test out..

By *lyreelMan  over a year ago

King's lynn

Which air tent did you guys buy? Berghaus?

Looking at buying one. Thanks.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"Which air tent did you guys buy? Berghaus?

Looking at buying one. Thanks. "

We bought a Berghaus Air 6 and also the additional porch.

It's so easy to put up and pack away, tested it out in our back garden. Can't wait to be able to get away.

Her x

By *Xtriple7Couple  over a year ago

We managed to snag a bargain old school canvas frame tent on eBay. Hopefully Scottish government will move to phase 3 soon.

I might buy a drive way awning or teepee tent.

I see go outside are in receivership today. Not good for them, but might get a good discount

Have a brand new air beam Outwell Wolf lake 9 e for sale with porch. Never used. It’s a £2000 tent. Pm me with your offers.

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

We bought our new tent back in Jan with the intention of a big camping year. We fancied something with a large blackout bed room and large carpeted living area for entertaining in poor weather. And by the looks of it camping will probably be one of the few holidays you can have this year. We've found a couple of good sites we want to try. We just hope the rest of the UK hasn't got the same idea and every site is full house this summer.

"We bought our new tent back in Jan with the intention of a big camping year. We fancied something with a large blackout bed room and large carpeted living area for entertaining in poor weather. And by the looks of it camping will probably be one of the few holidays you can have this year. We've found a couple of good sites we want to try. We just hope the rest of the UK hasn't got the same idea and every site is full house this summer. "

From what I've seen, some are only opening up to motor homes and caravans.

I'd like to find out if having a vehicle and driveway awning would be OK. Could fit it to my 4x4 then

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury

I've got 4 tents but my favourite is my one person lightweight one that I use for cycle touring; can't wait to get back out on the road again.

By *addington57Man  over a year ago

Somerset

Bought 4man airtent just before lock down, so easy to put up, lucky we have a camp site close by that let me put up to see how easy it was.... On my own...... Amazing 30 mins tent was up pegged, ready to move in...... So looking forward to my camping holiday at end of August in North Devon

By *ickawitchCouple  over a year ago

Away with the fairies (Liverpool to you)

"Do you think all camp sites will.be open this year?

"

Camping is amazing fun . But good luck finding a campsite

Everywhere we’ve tried is already booked up . Understandable as going abroad this year is pretty much out of the question

I bought an amazing outwell tent second hand fur hand price and brand new and never used as last owner had it replaced under warrantee. Nicest guy ever delivered it from Stone. Such a top bloke and love the tent, even have carpet but often too lazy to use it.

Would love to have a trip out one weekend with some nice, like minded people. Lockdown has motivated me to go glamping but not going without showers.

Just need to find a decent site

» Add a new message to this topic