FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Camping > De humidifier

De humidifier

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *targazer65 OP   Man 10 weeks ago

Rorks drift

Disaster. Just had my hab check done on my motorhome and damp has been found in the kitchenette area and a couple of other small areas. It can be rectified as caught reasonably early but means I need to purchase a de humidifier and having drying the area out for a couple of months. Anyone know of any decent makes of humidifiers. Got a couple of road trips coming up so going to keep them and do the drying out after. TIA for any help

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *obiliteeMan 10 weeks ago

Brighton

I have recently bought a caravan and was advised that a small humidifier would be a good idea, particularly as I intend to live in it semi-permanently. I haven't bought one yet, but found the best choices on the B&Q and Argos websites.

I figured that space is probably one of the most significant considerations. There are several small ones, but the capacity of the collection vessel is correspondingly small. I envisaged buying a small dehumidifier and putting a small diameter drain tube onto it so it can be left on for extended periods without needing to remember to empty the collection vessel, although most (but not all) of them have an automatic shut off when the water level gets too high.

The other consideration might be how much current it consumes, particularly if you leave it switched on when you are at a site with only a 6A electric hook up. Unlikely to be problem until you use other appliances at the same time.

I suppose it also depends on how much sweating and heavy breathing you intend inside the van ...

Let us know what you decide as it would be useful to get other opinions.

Chris

By *latfishyMan 9 weeks ago

Bristol

Meaco so a really good one. Not small but I use in the camper and the house and it suck’s out loads of moisture.

Had three over the years and it’s the best so far.

By *targazer65 OP   Man 9 weeks ago

Rorks drift

"I have recently bought a caravan and was advised that a small humidifier would be a good idea, particularly as I intend to live in it semi-permanently. I haven't bought one yet, but found the best choices on the B&Q and Argos websites.

I figured that space is probably one of the most significant considerations. There are several small ones, but the capacity of the collection vessel is correspondingly small. I envisaged buying a small dehumidifier and putting a small diameter drain tube onto it so it can be left on for extended periods without needing to remember to empty the collection vessel, although most (but not all) of them have an automatic shut off when the water level gets too high.

The other consideration might be how much current it consumes, particularly if you leave it switched on when you are at a site with only a 6A electric hook up. Unlikely to be problem until you use other appliances at the same time.

I suppose it also depends on how much sweating and heavy breathing you intend inside the van ...

Let us know what you decide as it would be useful to get other opinions.

Chris"

Cheers Chris I'll into it and let you know. Though not sure there will be much sweating going on lol. Think it's going to be more of a static one to draw the moisture out of the damp area so probably going to be a medium size one

Rorks drift

Rorks drift

"Meaco so a really good one. Not small but I use in the camper and the house and it suck’s out loads of moisture.

Had three over the years and it’s the best so far. "

» Add a new message to this topic