FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Camping > What food do you eat differently, when you are camping ?

What food do you eat differently, when you are camping ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uck-Rogers OP   Man  over a year ago

Portland

When I am off grid in my motor home, my diet can range from, ! a pot noodle, to Irish stew eaten from the saucepan, to save water washing plates.

Any suggestions peeps on meal variations.

Besides instant mash and meatballs.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

MRE, flat packed pouches, handy heater and lots of calories, drinks, biscuits and dessert. Fit in the leather pannier nicely on the Harley, no weight at all. They look awful when cooked, but taste good. Ideal for a few nights away in the wilds or lake camping.

By *revor1940Man  over a year ago

west of Haverfordwest

I live on my own so generally cook more than I need that evening when at home and freeze the surplus in one meal packs. Freeze in a container to get a nice block and then move to plastic bags. Took over 20 last time. I am not good at cooking yet!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We eat better. Fresh food, bought locally each day. No other distractions, no rush watch the TV, get up, just shop, cook on the petrol stove and eat. Usually cook meat over a bbq ( always lump wood ) made from an old Jerry Can, ( it’s 30 years old ) and rice/ pasta on a stove and some fresh veg or Salad for good measure.

By *ayandellenCouple  over a year ago

Newport, South Wales.

From Luxinterior above MRE meals ready to eat, American military rations, in UK Army we called them 'Compo'.

Anyway back to the main topic, food away from home, this outing we cooked food at home and put it in plastic containers, froze it, brought it away frozen in fridge, two pluses there, cool the fridge from the start of the journey and a 'home' cooked meal when you get there.

Newport, South Wales.

Another favourite. Peal and slice potatoes, boil till just going soft, drain and put into frying pan with some oil, sliced onion, mushrooms and red peppers.

Fry till potatoes are golden brown, serve with burgers or sausages and beans.

Down side, dirties a few saucepans and takes time to peal and prep veg. but tastes brill and fills you up,

It's one of J.Oliver's 30 min meals.

Newport, South Wales.

One of mine, 3 minute noodles with a 'cuppasoup' in them, it acts as a paste sauce with a turkey steak in breadcrumbs (B.Matthews)

» Add a new message to this topic