FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Pay more to help clubs survive?

Pay more to help clubs survive?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *exyfuncouple74 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Eastbourne

There are many topics on here about the future of clubs. House parties and private meets are great, but clubs seem to underpin this lifestyle and we would really miss them if our favourite ones don't reopen.

We would certainly be willing to pay an additional 'Covid Donation' in addition to the usual entry fees if it helps them get back on their feet.

We have no connections to any clubs - apart from enjoying their hospitality!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lorious hole bs16Man  over a year ago

Bristol

Generally single men have been subsidising women and sometimes couples...Perhaps a more level playing field could be applied..Leave the single mens prices and up the couples and women (used as bait sometimes) to a more realistic level...This will not only help the struggling clubs but may lessen the resentment about being ripped off by some single men..

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Generally single men have been subsidising women and sometimes couples...Perhaps a more level playing field could be applied..Leave the single mens prices and up the couples and women (used as bait sometimes) to a more realistic level...This will not only help the struggling clubs but may lessen the resentment about being ripped off by some single men.."

Not all clubs rip men off but I'm not getting into that repetitive argument again.

Bristol

"Generally single men have been subsidising women and sometimes couples...Perhaps a more level playing field could be applied..Leave the single mens prices and up the couples and women (used as bait sometimes) to a more realistic level...This will not only help the struggling clubs but may lessen the resentment about being ripped off by some single men..

Not all clubs rip men off but I'm not getting into that repetitive argument again. "

I did say generally....So what do you think about gifts/ donations/extra charge for membership/ entrance fee to help clubs survive?

By *host63Man  over a year ago

Bedfont Feltham

"There are many topics on here about the future of clubs. House parties and private meets are great, but clubs seem to underpin this lifestyle and we would really miss them if our favourite ones don't reopen.

We would certainly be willing to pay an additional 'Covid Donation' in addition to the usual entry fees if it helps them get back on their feet.

We have no connections to any clubs - apart from enjoying their hospitality! "

Single men already pay triple to get into clubs, and subsidise Single women and couplesSo there is no way I am going to pay any more than I already do

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Generally single men have been subsidising women and sometimes couples...Perhaps a more level playing field could be applied..Leave the single mens prices and up the couples and women (used as bait sometimes) to a more realistic level...This will not only help the struggling clubs but may lessen the resentment about being ripped off by some single men..

Not all clubs rip men off but I'm not getting into that repetitive argument again.

I did say generally....So what do you think about gifts/ donations/extra charge for membership/ entrance fee to help clubs survive? "

I'm very aware that a lot of people have been on reduced salaries or have had to survive on very little income at all. Putting prices up will be difficult for some people and I wouldn't want to exclude people from enjoying our club for the sake of an extra tenner. Voluntary contributions could be something to do but there will be a lot of people who simply can't afford it.

Take a typical couple with a child who travel a distance to clubs (very common). They would have to pay a babysitter, pay for a hotel, pay their entry and drinks and travel both ways. The ladies usually like to treat themselves to an outfit and maybe a wqx and hairdoo. Even if you took out the luxuries, the babysitter, travel, hotel, entry and drinks are enough to stretch a lot of budgets. I just wouldn't feel morally comfortable bumping up prices when people have struggled through all this.

I don't know to be honest. Ask me again if we are closed until 2021!!!! Lol

By *nSeeNMan  over a year ago

Z'ha'dum

I did say generally....So what do you think about gifts/ donations/extra charge for membership/ entrance fee to help clubs survive?

I'm very aware that a lot of people have been on reduced salaries or have had to survive on very little income at all. Putting prices up will be difficult for some people and I wouldn't want to exclude people from enjoying our club for the sake of an extra tenner. Voluntary contributions could be something to do but there will be a lot of people who simply can't afford it.

Take a typical couple with a child who travel a distance to clubs (very common). They would have to pay a babysitter, pay for a hotel, pay their entry and drinks and travel both ways. The ladies usually like to treat themselves to an outfit and maybe a wqx and hairdoo. Even if you took out the luxuries, the babysitter, travel, hotel, entry and drinks are enough to stretch a lot of budgets. I just wouldn't feel morally comfortable bumping up prices when people have struggled through all this.

I don't know to be honest. Ask me again if we are closed until 2021!!!! Lol "

Just out of curiosity are clubs not entitled to the government support schemes?

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

The only thing I would like to see is annual memberships (for those who have to pay for them) be extended for the period the club was closed for. I think that would be fair all round.

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

"There are many topics on here about the future of clubs. House parties and private meets are great, but clubs seem to underpin this lifestyle and we would really miss them if our favourite ones don't reopen.

Single men already pay triple to get into clubs, and subsidise Single women and couplesSo there is no way I am going to pay any more than I already do"

esp if its a quiet night... lucky one of the clubs I go to if it is quiet they tell me before I pay and if I want to chance it getting busier... other clubs just get you in

By *ustKeepSwinging999Couple  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Will you pay more to your independent hairdresser / beautician / physiotherapist / gym / cafe/ boutique etc who has also been forced to close over lockdown?

Birkenhead/Liverpool

Just out of curiosity are clubs not entitled to the government support schemes?"

I know some clubs have struggled to get any help from government. The grant depends on business rates. So small clubs like ours, got the lower amount on offer, which will keep us going until late summer. People forget that overheads for clubs are SUPER high and we bleed money out of our walls when we're closed. The loans that are out there are all well and good, but some clubs out there were barely making ends meet so they won't want to add a monthly debt repayment on top of it.

By *ornybobBuilderMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Moan moan moan single men pay more get over it and pay it single men are two to a penny

By *os19Man  over a year ago

Edmonton

"Generally single men have been subsidising women and sometimes couples...Perhaps a more level playing field could be applied..Leave the single mens prices and up the couples and women (used as bait sometimes) to a more realistic level...This will not only help the struggling clubs but may lessen the resentment about being ripped off by some single men.."
. I am a single guy who is a member of one club in London it’s a members only club.I tend to go on a Friday night where it’s £50 entrance fee .My attitude is it’s the end of the working week for me let’s have a good night out and anything more is a bonus. I personally don’t feel £50 is a rip off nor do I have any resentment but I know what you mean as plenty of guys do and feel a sense of entitlement which spoils it for all of us.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

"Generally single men have been subsidising women and sometimes couples...Perhaps a more level playing field could be applied..Leave the single mens prices and up the couples and women (used as bait sometimes) to a more realistic level...This will not only help the struggling clubs but may lessen the resentment about being ripped off by some single men... I am a single guy who is a member of one club in London it’s a members only club.I tend to go on a Friday night where it’s £50 entrance fee .My attitude is it’s the end of the working week for me let’s have a good night out and anything more is a bonus. I personally don’t feel £50 is a rip off nor do I have any resentment but I know what you mean as plenty of guys do and feel a sense of entitlement which spoils it for all of us."

A refreshing opinion to hear

By *onglegs888Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

Single men already pay triple to get into clubs, and subsidise Single women and couplesSo there is no way I am going to pay any more than I already do"

Thats the beauty of a free market... no one’s going to make you or anyone pay to go anywhere. Businesses can charge what they like for the services they offer.... as the customer you choose whether to pay it or not. The ‘single guy Subsidises females and couples’ argument is quite tiresome. If you are willing and able to pay what if costs go, if you can’t don’t. The world will keep turning

By *ohnjones3210Man  over a year ago

Chester

Yes!

Instead of men paying £50, they should pay £90!

Edmonton

"Generally single men have been subsidising women and sometimes couples...Perhaps a more level playing field could be applied..Leave the single mens prices and up the couples and women (used as bait sometimes) to a more realistic level...This will not only help the struggling clubs but may lessen the resentment about being ripped off by some single men... I am a single guy who is a member of one club in London it’s a members only club.I tend to go on a Friday night where it’s £50 entrance fee .My attitude is it’s the end of the working week for me let’s have a good night out and anything more is a bonus. I personally don’t feel £50 is a rip off nor do I have any resentment but I know what you mean as plenty of guys do and feel a sense of entitlement which spoils it for all of us.

A refreshing opinion to hear "

. Thanks the way I see it is £50 a lot to spend on a night out as long as you have a good night that’s the main thing

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No we would not make a Donation to a club in order to keep it open.

As for charges, clubs set there entry fees and the attendees make the choice to attend or not. Bottom line, if you don't like the price stay home or go elsewhere.

Single guys, more often than not, do get charged more. But they certainly don't subsidise couples or single ladies. A club full of singles guys would most certainly go hand in hand with a whole lot of moaning and wouldn't stay open very long at all.

Bristol

"Generally single men have been subsidising women and sometimes couples...Perhaps a more level playing field could be applied..Leave the single mens prices and up the couples and women (used as bait sometimes) to a more realistic level...This will not only help the struggling clubs but may lessen the resentment about being ripped off by some single men... I am a single guy who is a member of one club in London it’s a members only club.I tend to go on a Friday night where it’s £50 entrance fee .My attitude is it’s the end of the working week for me let’s have a good night out and anything more is a bonus. I personally don’t feel £50 is a rip off nor do I have any resentment but I know what you mean as plenty of guys do and feel a sense of entitlement which spoils it for all of us.

A refreshing opinion to hear "

I agree but how would you feel as a woman if you were asked to pay £50?

Birmingham

A refreshing opinion to hear I agree but how would you feel as a woman if you were asked to pay £50? "

I would guess she would feel the same as any other customer paying to use a business... either happy to pay it or not. It really is a complete non point that people need to get over

By *pmsldCouple  over a year ago

kettering

I would guess most businesses will need to up their prices once they reopen. The fact is alot of the behind the scenes costs will have gone up,add on any debts they will have racked up will need paying back.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

I'm sure the true club devotees will be more than happy to throw a donation in the 'Covid regeneration' box

By *igjohn78Man  over a year ago

lincoln

Yes and no yes I am very happy to support your clubs. How ever I am already paying as a single man more than couples a woman

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

Let's say the situation was reversed and one lost their job and has been a regular at a certain club. Would the club be accommodating and let that person in for free or for a reduced fee until they get back on their feet?

By *ymph and ManicCouple  over a year ago

North East

"Generally single men have been subsidising women and sometimes couples...Perhaps a more level playing field could be applied..Leave the single mens prices and up the couples and women (used as bait sometimes) to a more realistic level...This will not only help the struggling clubs but may lessen the resentment about being ripped off by some single men.

Not all clubs rip men off but I'm not getting into that repetitive argument again. "

By *arknessRisingMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

What about adding a few pence on the drinks

Birkenhead/Liverpool

"Let's say the situation was reversed and one lost their job and has been a regular at a certain club. Would the club be accommodating and let that person in for free or for a reduced fee until they get back on their feet?"

Yes we did this for Thomas Cook employees last year

Just out of curiosity are clubs not entitled to the government support schemes?

I know some clubs have struggled to get any help from government. The grant depends on business rates. So small clubs like ours, got the lower amount on offer, which will keep us going until late summer. People forget that overheads for clubs are SUPER high and we bleed money out of our walls when we're closed. The loans that are out there are all well and good, but some clubs out there were barely making ends meet so they won't want to add a monthly debt repayment on top of it. "

I wouldn't want prices to go up but I also wouldn't want my club to struggle. I'm sure there are plenty of inventive/interesting/exciting ways of raising a bit of cash when they re open to help with cash flow. Sort of like a village fair but with sexy prizes. Maybe auction off something people would bid for (not sex obv). One of those buzzer things but it's attached to your nipples! God knows what we can all come up with when we put our heads together.

"Let's say the situation was reversed and one lost their job and has been a regular at a certain club. Would the club be accommodating and let that person in for free or for a reduced fee until they get back on their feet?

Yes we did this for Thomas Cook employees last year"

"Will you pay more to your independent hairdresser / beautician / physiotherapist / gym / cafe/ boutique etc who has also been forced to close over lockdown?

"

Good point

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

A refreshing opinion to hear I agree but how would you feel as a woman if you were asked to pay £50? "

In my personal circumstances I couldn't afford that so I simply wouldn't attend that club. There have been many things I've been unable to do because of cost, I just suck it up. Even as a single woman, a night out at chams costs me around £60-£70.

By *he riverdeep69Couple  over a year ago

North west ish

"Let's say the situation was reversed and one lost their job and has been a regular at a certain club. Would the club be accommodating and let that person in for free or for a reduced fee until they get back on their feet?

I remember that! And that is why you have so many loyal supporters. Fabulous club. Definitely one to support in the future

By *laymateteeMan  over a year ago

bristol

Then you deserve the full support of people who visit your club. I take my hat off to you

By *hades Of GreyMan  over a year ago

Leeds

"I would guess most businesses will need to up their prices once they reopen. The fact is alot of the behind the scenes costs will have gone up,add on any debts they will have racked up will need paying back. "

Perhaps prices should actually be reduced to entice as many customers back through their doors as they can get. Often with door prices less charge per head can generate more take, and the busier a venue is the busier it tends to get.

By *idowed soldierMan  over a year ago

Llanrwst

There's a membership fee at the club we attend and to be honest it quite low but if and increased yearly fee was required we'd happily pay as it's very well run.. how ever it is down to the individual club Sarah xx

By *m A FuckerMan  over a year ago

kingswood,surrey/leysdown kent

Going to clubs as a single male can be very expensive around £50 entrance hotel about £70 pre club meal n drinks.drinks at the club breakfast in hotel in morning,the £12 parking etc etc.a wknd in Benidorm was the same price!! just saying

Edmonton

"Going to clubs as a single male can be very expensive around £50 entrance hotel about £70 pre club meal n drinks.drinks at the club breakfast in hotel in morning,the £12 parking etc etc.a wknd in Benidorm was the same price!! just saying "
. The £82 for a hotel and parking would have be paid weather you are a single male, single female or a couple.

This

We would also happily pay an additional covid amount ontop of the entry fee

Leeds

"

We would also happily pay an additional covid amount on top of the entry fee

"

I predict that sex clubs will struggle to get back to normal for a long time. A 'Covid' increase in door prices would exacerbate the problem. Just imagine the promotion: "Sorry guys but because of the virus were going to charge you more to get in. Oh, and theres no sex because you have to social distance".

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Would not make a Covid donation to any profit making business , all business need to be viable to succeed and adapt to changing circumstances. If they can’t they should close and allow those that are viable to succeed with less competition.

But if running a club has higher operating cost to provide better safety levels then happy to pay more to use them , significantly more. Body temp scanners and tracing seem the obvious ones

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai

Also all business should be using their own profits to provide a COVID-19 response to the wider communities they serve, businesses have a responsibility to put back to the level they take and that includes responses to things like this.

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Seems the age old arguement of guys paying more rearing its ugly head again.

If you dont like it .....dont go ....simples....as to original op question yes we would willing to pay more to help out the clubs and b4 the single guys jump on couples bandwagon.del was a single guy once that went to clubs and paid membership and his entrance fees .k

By *hiterosesCouple  over a year ago

Stafford

Our suggestion would be a “small” individual night price increase......but a consideration of a true “membership” fee that would be paid in advance but include the weekly fees as well for 12 months.

Whether based on 1 visit per month (Ie 12 x Door Fees Etc) or something similar.....

Could even arrange reciprocal arrangements with a “group” of non competitive clubs in different areas.

The initial capital Influx would help with short term cash flow, and also offer their most loyal customers a similar price to pre Covid.

Just an idea.....it works for golf

By *xdirtyboyxxMan  over a year ago

chorley

Yep im up for that

Birmingham

"Going to clubs as a single male can be very expensive around £50 entrance hotel about £70 pre club meal n drinks.drinks at the club breakfast in hotel in morning,the £12 parking etc etc.a wknd in Benidorm was the same price!! just saying "

Errr go to Benidorm then

By *itty9899Man  over a year ago

Craggy Island

I got a few membership that have or will run out, more then happy to for go that and be changed again when things open up.

Leeds

"

Our suggestion would be a “small” individual night price increase......but a consideration of a true “membership” fee that would be paid in advance but include the weekly fees as well for 12 months.

Whether based on 1 visit per month (Ie 12 x Door Fees Etc) or something similar.....

Could even arrange reciprocal arrangements with a “group” of non competitive clubs in different areas.

The initial capital Influx would help with short term cash flow, and also offer their most loyal customers a similar price to pre Covid.

"

Death nell for sex clubs!

Dudley

"Also all business should be using their own profits to provide a COVID-19 response to the wider communities they serve, businesses have a responsibility to put back to the level they take and that includes responses to things like this."

Clubs aren't making any money right now, they are losing it at a crazy rate.

By *hams CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Walsall

If the clubs were to launch ‘go-fund-me’ appeals during lockdown, it would allow those regulars who were willing and able to, to make a one off or regular donations to help keep their favourite clubs alive. The thought of coming out of lockdown with no Chams doesn’t bear thinking about!

"

Our suggestion would be a “small” individual night price increase......but a consideration of a true “membership” fee that would be paid in advance but include the weekly fees as well for 12 kneel

Death nell for sex clubs! "

By *niper oneMan  over a year ago

DERBY/Notts border

Yep great idea off couples and single women only single males already get stung.

By *niper oneMan  over a year ago

DERBY/Notts border

All do.

By *ezzaandJane1973Couple  over a year ago

Olney

These are strange times, not tough only strange.

I understand the charge a little more concept, and that may work or it may not. Pubs, bars and restaurants have also been closed and are struggling, would you expect to pay more for your meal and drinks in your local? I doubt it.

Also the single Male argument is completely ridiculous. Let's say a club made it £10 for entry to single males. Imagine the dross you would get in there. The idea is make it to expensive for the many, and you will only get the select few that will show the club and its patrons respect.

It's how mainstream clubs and bars have operated for years, think wetherspoons vs. wine bar.

We will be going to Eureka this summer and we will be spending a reasonably large amount of money to do so (hotels, baby sitters, its 2 hours away etc etc)

Chester

Yes, and the event was called "Thomas Fook".

Chester

"These are strange times, not tough only strange.

I understand the charge a little more concept, and that may work or it may not. Pubs, bars and restaurants have also been closed and are struggling, would you expect to pay more for your meal and drinks in your local? I doubt it.

Also the single Male argument is completely ridiculous. Let's say a club made it £10 for entry to single males. Imagine the dross you would get in there. The idea is make it to expensive for the many, and you will only get the select few that will show the club and its patrons respect.

It's how mainstream clubs and bars have operated for years, think wetherspoons vs. wine bar.

We will be going to Eureka this summer and we will be spending a reasonably large amount of money to do so (hotels, baby sitters, its 2 hours away etc etc)

"

I don't know. I think it's a lot more complex than that.

Generally speaking, many more men are up for NSA. I believe next are couples, and then women being the rare ones.

But even though the ratios are naturally heavily skewed, each entity expects to be in demand, but not in too much demand. Too much demand exasperates people, too little demand means that there is no point in attending! The three different entities need to feel this balance. Upset one entity and you unbalance the whole thing.

So yes, as far as I see, they use price as a motivational/demotivational factor to try to achieve a balance!

About the price though, I'm one of those guys who feels ripped off by the entrance fee. It doesn't sit well with me at all and it really puts me off. The reason being is that I don't need to pay such a sum of money for a good time. I could Shah someone for free if I wanted to. I guess paying such a large amount damages my ego a bit! Then I start thinking, hmm, if you are willing to pay so much, you must be desperate. I don't know.

But anyway, what can you do?!? At the end of the day, the business has to make money.

If you take away a clubs right to charge different rates and to place limits, you'll end up with 50 men 10 couples and 5 women. 5 women get pissed off with getting pestered... 40 men go home and wank into a piece of tissue. Lol.

3 women don't come back, 20 men don't come back, and income shrinks.

It's gotta be really hard running a club.

Leeds

When re-open clubs will want to get as many back in as possible, and will need to attract people to attend through the week not just the weekend. Charging more for admission would be counter productive, whereas post-covid special offers would generate some buzz.

Its a difficult one for clubs to work round. Put prices up people stay away or go to another club which is cheaper.

Clubs need people through the door to make money, have more events going on.

Suggestions:

Daytime openings where you can just go to chill and have fun.

More men bi gay only days and nights.

Women only bi gay days and nights.

Bukkake parties.

Gangbang parties

Etc am sure people can come up with ideas. Get people through the doors and help them stay open

By *ondonman1969Man  over a year ago

Romford

Dudley

Generally speaking, many more men are up for NSA. I believe next are couples, and then women being the rare ones.

But even though the ratios are naturally heavily skewed, each entity expects to be in demand, but not in too much demand. Too much demand exasperates people, too little demand means that there is no point in attending! The three different entities need to feel this balance. Upset one entity and you unbalance the whole thing.

So yes, as far as I see, they use price as a motivational/demotivational factor to try to achieve a balance!

About the price though, I'm one of those guys who feels ripped off by the entrance fee. It doesn't sit well with me at all and it really puts me off. The reason being is that I don't need to pay such a sum of money for a good time. I could Shah someone for free if I wanted to. I guess paying such a large amount damages my ego a bit! Then I start thinking, hmm, if you are willing to pay so much, you must be desperate. I don't know.

But anyway, what can you do?!? At the end of the day, the business has to make money.

If you take away a clubs right to charge different rates and to place limits, you'll end up with 50 men 10 couples and 5 women. 5 women get pissed off with getting pestered... 40 men go home and wank into a piece of tissue. Lol.

It's gotta be really hard running a club."

This is where you're making the mistake, you aren't paying for a shag.

By *partharmonyCouple  over a year ago

Ruislip

"Realistic" according to whom? If clubs set unrealistic prices they wouldn't survive any regardless of any pandemic.

Birmingham

This is where you're making the mistake, you aren't paying for a shag. "

Glad you said it!!!

Any business offering something will set its price point at what it feels appropriate. And I use the word appropriate on purpose as I don’t just mean to make a profit but to attract a client base it wants to market itself to. So to all the single guys whinging about club fees being too high.... you clearly aren’t The Clientele that business wants. It’s not personal, in the sane way Ferrari won’t sell me a car for 30/40 grand.... they are purposefully out my price range as they’ve no interest in my custom.

So if you think a particular club is too expensive for you then don’t go. It really is thst simple and the single guy argument is tiresome

Dudley

Glad you said it!!!

Any business offering something will set its price point at what it feels appropriate. And I use the word appropriate on purpose as I don’t just mean to make a profit but to attract a client base it wants to market itself to. So to all the single guys whinging about club fees being too high.... you clearly aren’t The Clientele that business wants. It’s not personal, in the sane way Ferrari won’t sell me a car for 30/40 grand.... they are purposefully out my price range as they’ve no interest in my custom.

So if you think a particular club is too expensive for you then don’t go. It really is thst simple and the single guy argument is tiresome "

Yep, we could also discuss the difference in price for many womens toiletries, our razors, shampoo, body wash etc are more expensive, not to mention we have to buy sanitary towels/ tampons etc, men expect us to be clothed in sexy lingerie that is pretty pricey, our haircuts are more expensive too, even if you have short hair.

By *tockport 69Couple  over a year ago

Stockport

Yes we would pay more for a good club.But not for the Bad one (ONE) ? just ask

Birmingham

Glad you said it!!!

So if you think a particular club is too expensive for you then don’t go. It really is thst simple and the single guy argument is tiresome

Yep, we could also discuss the difference in price for many womens toiletries, our razors, shampoo, body wash etc are more expensive, not to mention we have to buy sanitary towels/ tampons etc, men expect us to be clothed in sexy lingerie that is pretty pricey, our haircuts are more expensive too, even if you have short hair. "

Exactly... different things cost different amounts to different people. Take your money where you get the service you want and can afford. The club entry thing is just a non argument.

By *oiluvfunMan  over a year ago

Penrith

Glad you said it!!!

Yep, we could also discuss the difference in price for many womens toiletries, our razors, shampoo, body wash etc are more expensive, not to mention we have to buy sanitary towels/ tampons etc, men expect us to be clothed in sexy lingerie that is pretty pricey, our haircuts are more expensive too, even if you have short hair.

Exactly... different things cost different amounts to different people. Take your money where you get the service you want and can afford. The club entry thing is just a non argument. "

A “non argument”? Tell me; do women spend more getting ready for a club visit, than they do for a private meet? ..........

Chester

Glad you said it!!!

Exactly... different things cost different amounts to different people. Take your money where you get the service you want and can afford. The club entry thing is just a non argument. "

Keels, I personally go to clubs expecting nothing, but it would be very naïve to think that men do not go for a shag. Let me tell you, a good proportion of men do go for a shag! To spend £50 or so, it needs to pay. Without that sounding crude, it's reality. We can argue that all you like, but customers always want something for what they spend.

A non-argument? What? Everything is arguable!

Let me put it simpler; you're going to a a club; do you prefer to pay £10 or £40 for the same thing? It's definitely arguable. You can go even further than that too - you could even draw the law into it. The practice of charging a different price purely based upon sex is a dodgy one in itself. It's definitely arguable.

However, like I said... Nature isn't fair. Men are far more up for NSA than women. It's just the way it is.

I don't criticise clubs for charging what they do. I don't like it, but I'd do the same! I'd probably charge men more infact.

Bristol

Glad you said it!!!

Yep, we could also discuss the difference in price for many womens toiletries, our razors, shampoo, body wash etc are more expensive, not to mention we have to buy sanitary towels/ tampons etc, men expect us to be clothed in sexy lingerie that is pretty pricey, our haircuts are more expensive too, even if you have short hair. "

I do think that is a ridiculous comparison and didn't even realise body wash and shampoo was gender based! As for razors, I don't know but if womens are dearer than Mens, surely you just but mens razors!!

By *um-2-playCouple  over a year ago

North East

Benidorm someone mentioned Benidorm nope that's closed too x

To be honest i dont think a lot of clubs rip single guys off at all but they do rely on their buisness often having themed mid week events specifically for single guys to fetch in midweek income, as a couple we would happily pay into a club just to socialise and be around like minded people , question is would single guys just go and pay for the social aspect ? Somehow i think not

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

"To be honest i dont think a lot of clubs rip single guys off at all but they do rely on their buisness often having themed mid week events specifically for single guys to fetch in midweek income, as a couple we would happily pay into a club just to socialise and be around like minded people , question is would single guys just go and pay for the social aspect ? Somehow i think not "

Why wouldn't we ?

"Would not make a Covid donation to any profit making business , all business need to be viable to succeed and adapt to changing circumstances. If they can’t they should close and allow those that are viable to succeed with less competition.

But if running a club has higher operating cost to provide better safety levels then happy to pay more to use them , significantly more. Body temp scanners and tracing seem the obvious ones "

the gap i see in this train of thought and i guess what the OP was maybe getting at, is swinging clubs are a pretty niche market, so if a club goes under , its not like many other business models where another with better ideas is ready just to jump into their place

its also a part of the lifestyle and community for many, so while we do pay to use them and are in effect customers , the swinging community and swinging clubs kind of co exist for each other and benefit from each other ... we are not just consumers here in its purest sense

i would assume very few if any got into the swinging club business just for the love of money

oh and in response to the comments about paying more to hairdressers, salons, pubs and restaurants... they cant take as many customers and have to put additional procedures/ in some cases physical infrastructure in place which costs money , therefore their overheads per customer have gone up

if you are not expecting price increases from almost all areas of business i think you are due to be pretty disappointed

Edmonton

"To be honest i dont think a lot of clubs rip single guys off at all but they do rely on their buisness often having themed mid week events specifically for single guys to fetch in midweek income, as a couple we would happily pay into a club just to socialise and be around like minded people , question is would single guys just go and pay for the social aspect ? Somehow i think not "
. As I said in a earlier posting on this thread I pay £50 entrance fee to a members club in London on a Friday night first and foremost to have a night out and anything else is a bonus.I would probably pay £50 for a social with like minded adults at the same club afterall it’s a great way to make new friends , maybe make a connection and keep the club in business in these uncertain times.

By *apient_stagMan  over a year ago

Glocs

Have to agree with the ‘free market’ argument. Any sensible business will price according to demand.

But, equally, I hope it encourages clubs to innovate a bit, and find out what their customers (m, f, mf, etc.) really want from a night out. Even amongst single males it seems unlikely that this will always be the same thing. Variety, safety, kink, exhibitionism or privacy, class or just a tiny bit of sleaze... hopefully the best will survive by finding new ways to entertain us /all/.

By *orello-pieWoman  over a year ago

southwest

As a single lady I usually don’t have to pay when attending , however I would happily pay the same as single men to help support them xx

By *peak and SpellCouple  over a year ago

Greenwich, SE LONDON

There is a fine line between greed and paying a little more to ensure survival I think.

I think some clubs may treat this as an opportunity to increase entry fees long-term.

"There is a fine line between greed and paying a little more to ensure survival I think.

I think some clubs may treat this as an opportunity to increase entry fees long-term. "

Ouch thats a little harsh , i would imagine it costs a lot of money to run a swingers clubs especially if they have facilities such as hot tubs saunas showers etc . Lets be fair most clubs have subsidised bars or even let people take their own drinks so even with your entry fee it still works out a reasonably cheap night out .

By *kyblue1878Couple  over a year ago

Southport

This is where you're making the mistake, you aren't paying for a shag. "

Exactly! That is the shittiest attitude that gives single guy's such a bad reputation. The single ladies and ladies in couples are not there because you paid £50 to get in expecting a shag for your money. What a douche bag!

» Add a new message to this topic