FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Swingfest 2020 Aug

Swingfest 2020 Aug

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hropsGuy69 OP   Man  over a year ago

telford

Hey folks - any ladies fancy going upto the event with me ? Would be nice to travel up with someone (from west mids area) instead of tackling the long drive myself ...

I’ve already booked up, thought I’d post the question just in case any ladies were put off going alone....

J.x

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

telford

Actually may train now lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Great news, outdoor performances and pools allowed from next week, indoor pools and spas from the 25th. Looks like everything will be in place for Swingfest!!!

"Great news, outdoor performances and pools allowed from next week, indoor pools and spas from the 25th. Looks like everything will be in place for Swingfest!!! "

Got it wrong, outdoor performance and pools from this Saturday!! Even better ??

By *ivingourfantasiesCouple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

Sounds like by the time of the festival they won’t be any restrictions in place.

By *zzy69Woman  over a year ago

The Lake District

Is that training your cock to reach a metre ?

I really don’t understand how a swinging festival can work within current social distancing rules!!

I am a GP and yes many people have a mild illness with Covid but IT IS NOT just like the flu.

It has some really nasty complications like clots in your lungs and probably increased risk of stroke and heart attack- these are some of the reasons for the excess deaths over the past few months.

If anyone does decide to get up close and personal with strangers then please protect those around you for at least a fortnight afterwards - eg avoiding pubs shops etc and wearing a face covering when it is not possible to avoid coming within 6 feet of others

The Lake District

Oh and if possible get yourself a pulse oximeter - where £30 before Covid- so you can monitor your oxygen levels if you do get sick and avoid putting medics at risk unnecessarily!

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Is that training your cock to reach a metre ?

I really don’t understand how a swinging festival can work within current social distancing rules!!

I am a GP and yes many people have a mild illness with Covid but IT IS NOT just like the flu.

It has some really nasty complications like clots in your lungs and probably increased risk of stroke and heart attack- these are some of the reasons for the excess deaths over the past few months.

If anyone does decide to get up close and personal with strangers then please protect those around you for at least a fortnight afterwards - eg avoiding pubs shops etc and wearing a face covering when it is not possible to avoid coming within 6 feet of others

"

I think everyone attending and the organisers are well aware of the gudlines.

The event is planned for the 30th of August. From the initial advertising of the event the Covid guidlines have changed twice in this time.

Falkirk

"Oh and if possible get yourself a pulse oximeter - where £30 before Covid- so you can monitor your oxygen levels if you do get sick and avoid putting medics at risk unnecessarily! "

I can't see people forking out £30 for something that not required.

The Lake District

Read the thread has “anyone had Coronavirus”

Falkirk

I think people are capable of making thier own decisions regarding the event.

As GP i respect your opinion.

telford

"Read the thread has “anyone had Coronavirus” "

Concern noted ...

Bring on the festival

"Read the thread has “anyone had Coronavirus”

Concern noted ...

Bring on the festival "

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

"Read the thread has “anyone had Coronavirus”

Concern noted ...

Bring on the festival

"

telford

You know I’m not sure I’ll train it now as the Sunday hrs train means it’s later than I’d like

So now I’m back to thinking drive - circa 3-4 hrs , so back to on the look out for any fems or couples for that matter who’d like to join me on the road trip from west mids / Shropshire

By *hropscouple27Couple  over a year ago

Sth Staffs

Having both had Coronavirus and losing a grandparent to it there is no way you would get us anywhere near a music festival let alone a swinging festival.

I’d like to think everyone that is taking the risk would be vigilant and careful but I have serious reservations.

Get a few drinks in some people and it won’t be long before there are full on orgies happening in the tents etc.

I’m really surprised this event has been allowed to go ahead. Is it really that important in the grand scale of things?

By *hropscouple27Couple  over a year ago

Sth Staffs

Apologies. A friend has just point it out that it’s swingfest not swingfields. My mistake.

Falkirk

"

This! Madness that so many of you can’t wait, best of luck.

Falkirk

Thank you for your concern. If the event does go ahead I'm sure we will all enjoy it.

"Thank you for your concern. If the event does go ahead I'm sure we will all enjoy it.

"

By *he Reem TeamCouple  over a year ago

hull

This! Madness that so many of you can’t wait, best of luck."

it will fit in with the governments guide lines at the time. If it means no play so be it. Why cnt people under that theres a huge social side to swinging

People do understand there is a social side to swinging-why can’t people understand that there is a pandemic that’s killed tens of thousands of people in the UK alone. Desperation and or ignorance, simple as.

Falkirk

"People do understand there is a social side to swinging-why can’t people understand that there is a pandemic that’s killed tens of thousands of people in the UK alone. Desperation and or ignorance, simple as."

Some people are finding it difficult to understand its the government and health care officials that set guidelines and rules, not the club or event organisers.

Lol the desperation is trying to get your point across when in fact nobody actually cares.

By *ad Influence..Couple  over a year ago

Port Talbot

"People do understand there is a social side to swinging-why can’t people understand that there is a pandemic that’s killed tens of thousands of people in the UK alone. Desperation and or ignorance, simple as."

I think people are well aware there is a pandemic, I go back to work in 3 weeks in a small pub the chances of catching covid is higher there than an outdoor "social" event

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

Regardless of a pandemic, shops, schools, pubs, restaurants, cinemas and shortly gyms are open open with guidlines in place.

If you are concerned for your own safety you can continue to sheild and pretend that the above mentioned is not happening.

We are not desperate or ignorant yes lots of people have died in a short space of time however people die of flu and other illnesses all the time tbh I probably have more chance getting ran over by a bus xx

telford

"Nobody cares? Read the thread again, typical single guy desperate for a shag haha"

Ouch, I guess we are all welcome to our own opinion , not fair to drag it down to personal levels though hun is there..

I am indeed single , I am however not by a long shot desperate , so please refrain from the stereotyping.

"People do understand there is a social side to swinging-why can’t people understand that there is a pandemic that’s killed tens of thousands of people in the UK alone. Desperation and or ignorance, simple as.

We are not desperate or ignorant yes lots of people have died in a short space of time however people die of flu and other illnesses all the time tbh I probably have more chance getting ran over by a bus xx"

This is true when the event is taking place by then the risk of anything will literally be 0, if it was unsafe in anyway at all the council wouldn’t let it take place so let the games begin x

"People do understand there is a social side to swinging-why can’t people understand that there is a pandemic that’s killed tens of thousands of people in the UK alone. Desperation and or ignorance, simple as.

We are not desperate or ignorant yes lots of people have died in a short space of time however people die of flu and other illnesses all the time tbh I probably have more chance getting ran over by a bus xx This is true when the event is taking place by then the risk of anything will literally be 0, if it was unsafe in anyway at all the council wouldn’t let it take place so let the games begin x"

Noughts and crosses anyone xx

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"when the event is taking place by then the risk of anything will literally be 0"

Really ??

We are not desperate or ignorant yes lots of people have died in a short space of time however people die of flu and other illnesses all the time tbh I probably have more chance getting ran over by a bus xx This is true when the event is taking place by then the risk of anything will literally be 0, if it was unsafe in anyway at all the council wouldn’t let it take place so let the games begin x

Noughts and crosses anyone xx"

yes!! Will start first then pin the tail on the donkey x

We are not desperate or ignorant yes lots of people have died in a short space of time however people die of flu and other illnesses all the time tbh I probably have more chance getting ran over by a bus xx This is true when the event is taking place by then the risk of anything will literally be 0, if it was unsafe in anyway at all the council wouldn’t let it take place so let the games begin x

Noughts and crosses anyone xx yes!! Will start first then pin the tail on the donkey x"

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I removed a comment and other posts that included it.

Please keep it civil

many thanks

By *toC Thats MeWoman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Will see you all there xx

"I removed a comment and other posts that included it.

Please keep it civil

many thanks "

many thanks! will behave a play adult sensible games anyone for twister? x

Please keep it civil

many thanks many thanks! will behave a play adult sensible games anyone for twister? x"

Naked xx

[Removed by poster at 15/07/20 18:31:41]

Please keep it civil

many thanks many thanks! will behave a play adult sensible games anyone for twister? x

Naked xx"

with social distance rules applied x

Please keep it civil

many thanks many thanks! will behave a play adult sensible games anyone for twister? x

Naked xx with social distance rules applied x"

Lol xx

By *heSofaDestroyersCouple  over a year ago

HereAndThere

hull

Hu9 club is Planning a SWING FEST WARM UP for Saturday 29th aug, im thinking burlesque show x x this wil be held inside hu9 club and with he guestlist only to avoid over crowding and sticking to the government advice.

IF YOU WANT ADDING TO THE GUESTLIST PRIVATE MAIL US X X

By *394Man  over a year ago

Eastbourne

Would a gp tell people to get a Cheap pulse ox to measure sats as a deterrent to Covid! No they wouldn’t I put it to you that you are not a doctor of any kind never mind a medical one

By *entlecaressMan  over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

Please keep it civil

Naked xx with social distance rules applied x

Lol xx"

Please bring your own may

By *entlecaressMan  over a year ago

Wakefield/ Beverley

Please keep it civil

Naked xx with social distance rules applied x

Lol xx

Please bring your own may "

Oops mat

Falkirk

"Would a gp tell people to get a Cheap pulse ox to measure sats as a deterrent to Covid! No they wouldn’t I put it to you that you are not a doctor of any kind never mind a medical one "

Trying to figure out who you are replying to

"Would a gp tell people to get a Cheap pulse ox to measure sats as a deterrent to Covid! No they wouldn’t I put it to you that you are not a doctor of any kind never mind a medical one

Trying to figure out who you are replying to "

I'm Asim it was to Izzy right near the top

By *arracksCouple  over a year ago

Deal

"Would a gp tell people to get a Cheap pulse ox to measure sats as a deterrent to Covid! No they wouldn’t I put it to you that you are not a doctor of any kind never mind a medical one

Trying to figure out who you are replying to

To be fair, we have encouraged patients with symptoms to borrow them from us, low sats with no shortness of breath has been a feature in the otherwise healthy who don't realise they need medical attention

I'm Asim it was to Izzy right near the top"

By *itch89Couple  over a year ago

essex

I am sorry to ask as I’m still quite new and still trying to find my feet.

But ...

What is Swingfest and where is it?

Sorry ??

By *m241Couple  over a year ago

Lincoln

It’s an event held in a club in hull.

HU9. It’s sold out this year now.

Leeds

Surely it must be outside the club as it is in a 300 person marquee.

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Just read it. There’ll be less folk there than were in my workplace yesterday.

If you don’t wanna go, don’t go. If you do, I’ll see you there and we’ll chat from a few feet apart xx

Falkirk

And after all that the event is still going ahead lol.

Going to be a great weekend.

swansea

"Just read it. There’ll be less folk there than were in my workplace yesterday.

If you don’t wanna go, don’t go. If you do, I’ll see you there and we’ll chat from a few feet apart xx"

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"Surely it must be outside the club as it is in a 300 person marquee. "

Eh? It's held in the HU9 club building, not a huge Marquee as in other events as the part word "Fest" normally applies!

Leeds

"Surely it must be outside the club as it is in a 300 person marquee.

Eh? It's held in the HU9 club building, not a huge Marquee as in other events as the part word "Fest" normally applies!"

My mistake. It's just that the Swingfest ticket site advertised a 300 person marquee so I assumed it was outside.

OK. Let's stop speculating shall we. Those going will know what its like

For fuck sake man, you all have your opinion, if you don’t agree with swingfest simple as don’t fucking go, but do not sit at your keyboards all judgmental of the people who are attending, everyone knows the guidelines, everyone knows the risks, and everyone is free to do as they see fit with there lives, get a grip of yourselves, it’s an open space festival, I bet you who are judging are back to going to bars, using gyms, ...... no one who is attending is actually going to go oh ok I’ll take there opinion and stay locked away from the world, not a life anyone wants to live but the ones who do that is your choice and decision and yours alone.

Middlesbrough

"For fuck sake man, you all have your opinion, if you don’t agree with swingfest simple as don’t fucking go, but do not sit at your keyboards all judgmental of the people who are attending, everyone knows the guidelines, everyone knows the risks, and everyone is free to do as they see fit with there lives, get a grip of yourselves, it’s an open space festival, I bet you who are judging are back to going to bars, using gyms, ...... no one who is attending is actually going to go oh ok I’ll take there opinion and stay locked away from the world, not a life anyone wants to live but the ones who do that is your choice and decision and yours alone."

Well said I hope they were all also on the keyboards complaining about the black lives matter protests, Bournemouth beach packed to the rafters and all the football crowds gathering to celebrate.

Not to mention London’s tube back to normal and people packed in like sardines!

We will have more space at the event than most do at there workplace or in a supermarket

Yorkshire

"For fuck sake man, you all have your opinion, if you don’t agree with swingfest simple as don’t fucking go, but do not sit at your keyboards all judgmental of the people who are attending, everyone knows the guidelines, everyone knows the risks, and everyone is free to do as they see fit with there lives, get a grip of yourselves, it’s an open space festival, I bet you who are judging are back to going to bars, using gyms, ...... no one who is attending is actually going to go oh ok I’ll take there opinion and stay locked away from the world, not a life anyone wants to live but the ones who do that is your choice and decision and yours alone."

Well said! No anal for me at swingfest. My arse is already too full of all the ‘opinions’ I shoved up it!!

Falkirk

"For fuck sake man, you all have your opinion, if you don’t agree with swingfest simple as don’t fucking go, but do not sit at your keyboards all judgmental of the people who are attending, everyone knows the guidelines, everyone knows the risks, and everyone is free to do as they see fit with there lives, get a grip of yourselves, it’s an open space festival, I bet you who are judging are back to going to bars, using gyms, ...... no one who is attending is actually going to go oh ok I’ll take there opinion and stay locked away from the world, not a life anyone wants to live but the ones who do that is your choice and decision and yours alone.

Well said! No anal for me at swingfest. My arse is already too full of all the ‘opinions’ I shoved up it!! "

Nailed it

FFS why can't people get on with there lives and mind there own business. We are all grown ups we can make out own decisions based on the facts and weight up the pros and cons. If you are going to the festival have fun and stay safe if your not going go piss on someone else's parade

By *m241Couple  over a year ago

Lincoln

Some people are never going to be happy. Wish they’d all just jog on. This is getting boring now.

Falkirk

Unfortunately some people need and crave attention, especially if they have been publicly refused entry to an event.

It's the natural pedantic nature that surfaces, and they believe they can sabotage said event for everyone attending to try and gain some revenge for their rejection.

This sounds interesting..where is the festival located

Yorkshire

"This sounds interesting..where is the festival located "

HU9 club but it’s Sold out

By *adboybikerxxMan  over a year ago

town near me

Hi everyone so I've been reading through some of the comments is izzy a gp yes or no discredit her and everything will be fine covid then doesn't pose a problem !!!!

Covid is a pandemic yes people have died alot of people .we all need to learn to live with covid until a vaccine is safe to use .

Yorkshire

"Hi everyone so I've been reading through some of the comments is izzy a gp yes or no discredit her and everything will be fine covid then doesn't pose a problem !!!!

Covid is a pandemic yes people have died alot of people .we all need to learn to live with covid until a vaccine is safe to use ."

Who knows if she is or isn’t. Her opinion is just that though, an opinion, if others want to be sensible adults and go to a function then so be it

Falkirk

[Removed by poster at 28/07/20 11:40:10]

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

"Surely it must be outside the club as it is in a 300 person marquee.

Eh? It's held in the HU9 club building, not a huge Marquee as in other events as the part word "Fest" normally applies!"

Marquee in the car park

It’s interesting to read the _iews and attitudes on this thread.

The reality is we all have to take risks, we do that every day in going to the shops, meeting friends, having a fraction of a social life and let’s be honest for a large number of us meeting individuals, couples etc as a lesser version of our pre lockdown swinging life.

I think with swingfest it’s the numbers involved, the scale of the event and the potential impact that makes for many that calculated risk appear to be incredibly dangerous and ultimately very selfish. You only have to read up on what happened in South Korea’s gay district of Seoul when one A symptomatic carrier went dancing in a number of clubs on a night out to understand the level of risk. He’s known to have unwittingly accounted for in excess of 400 infections, 36 of which where hospitalised and ultimately 14 deaths.

I’m sure in the main we all frown at the illegal raves that have gone on in recent months but legality aside the risk in infection terms is dramatically less than a large scale event taking place in a swinging club. From the narrative of this and other threads it seems the events going to have a fair amount of contact going on in a lot of guests minds. As it spans a number of days and everyone is sharing the same space it only takes a single contact to have pretty disastrous results.

What I personally question is the organisers silence on the forums. They stand to make a lot of money on the back of any risks being taken. They haven’t reacted to any of the posts where people are promoting the concept of getting down and dirty in the club. Rightly or wrongly it gives off an impression that they are turning a blind eye to any guidelines in the pursuit of profit and I can understand why for some that’s quite a point of contention.

I do also question why Fab as a platform has let so many threads on this event stay up. There’s been so many other club event or discussion posts taken down in recent weeks that it does make me sympathise with with the club owners who have vocalised a concern from that side.

Personally I wouldn’t go, I’m perhaps unfortunate enough to have seen the harsh reality of this pandemic from within an ICU. I’ve spent 3 weeks recovering from the virus myself and whilst I have a hope that I have immunity I still have too many at risk individuals with my immediate contact to take that risk.

If you are going, I have zero anger, it’s your decision to make and should you or indeed your family etc by some twist of fate end up in on my ward I’d have nothing but sympathy for you, viruses don’t infect people based on fairness. I hope you all keep safe, I hope you all have a brilliant weekend and I hope you all come away with no regrets.

The organisers, I’ll be honest, I actually really find myself questioning your integrity. I really struggle to understand why anyone would choose to go so big and therefore so greatly increase the risk to your staff, visitors and Hull as a region. I may have missed them but I don’t think I’ve seen any posts from yourselves, I would definitely be interested to read your _iew and also hear with clarity how the event will be managed.

X

Falkirk

"It’s interesting to read the _iews and attitudes on this thread.

The reality is we all have to take risks, we do that every day in going to the shops, meeting friends, having a fraction of a social life and let’s be honest for a large number of us meeting individuals, couples etc as a lesser version of our pre lockdown swinging life.

I think with swingfest it’s the numbers involved, the scale of the event and the potential impact that makes for many that calculated risk appear to be incredibly dangerous and ultimately very selfish. You only have to read up on what happened in South Korea’s gay district of Seoul when one A symptomatic carrier went dancing in a number of clubs on a night out to understand the level of risk. He’s known to have unwittingly accounted for in excess of 400 infections, 36 of which where hospitalised and ultimately 14 deaths.

I’m sure in the main we all frown at the illegal raves that have gone on in recent months but legality aside the risk in infection terms is dramatically less than a large scale event taking place in a swinging club. From the narrative of this and other threads it seems the events going to have a fair amount of contact going on in a lot of guests minds. As it spans a number of days and everyone is sharing the same space it only takes a single contact to have pretty disastrous results.

What I personally question is the organisers silence on the forums. They stand to make a lot of money on the back of any risks being taken. They haven’t reacted to any of the posts where people are promoting the concept of getting down and dirty in the club. Rightly or wrongly it gives off an impression that they are turning a blind eye to any guidelines in the pursuit of profit and I can understand why for some that’s quite a point of contention.

I do also question why Fab as a platform has let so many threads on this event stay up. There’s been so many other club event or discussion posts taken down in recent weeks that it does make me sympathise with with the club owners who have vocalised a concern from that side.

Personally I wouldn’t go, I’m perhaps unfortunate enough to have seen the harsh reality of this pandemic from within an ICU. I’ve spent 3 weeks recovering from the virus myself and whilst I have a hope that I have immunity I still have too many at risk individuals with my immediate contact to take that risk.

If you are going, I have zero anger, it’s your decision to make and should you or indeed your family etc by some twist of fate end up in on my ward I’d have nothing but sympathy for you, viruses don’t infect people based on fairness. I hope you all keep safe, I hope you all have a brilliant weekend and I hope you all come away with no regrets.

The organisers, I’ll be honest, I actually really find myself questioning your integrity. I really struggle to understand why anyone would choose to go so big and therefore so greatly increase the risk to your staff, visitors and Hull as a region. I may have missed them but I don’t think I’ve seen any posts from yourselves, I would definitely be interested to read your _iew and also hear with clarity how the event will be managed.

X"

But the event has been given the go ahead by the authorities.

You can't blame the event organisers for thier integrity as they are following the current guidelines.

Everyone attending is aware of the guidelines hence why they have paid for tickets in advance.

You said it yourself there are risks involved everywhere.

As for assuming the club organisers are turning a blind eye that is entirely speculation.

Stating facts based on events in other countries is irrelevant.

You won't know if there will be any increase in covid because of the event until after it has taken place.

I don't blame the organisers for remaining silent they only need to respond to the regulating bodies.

Again why bother giving an opinion on an event that you have no intention of attending.

"As for assuming the club organisers are turning a blind eye that is entirely speculation"

I disagree, I think actually that’s the central issue with most ‘negative’ posts in attendees eyes.

Numerous people are saying they are going to The event to play, that clearly breaks any guidelines. From what I’ve read ‘playrooms are also open unlike some other ‘social’ club events. I’m sure the council has been advised social distancing will be maintained by the owners. What is alarming is the club doesn’t seem to be saying anything to remind people that isn’t the case, From everything published it also appears the play facilities are still in place. Whether you choose to play or not is irrelevant, that scenario is massively dangerous in infection terms.

I just can’t understand why a gathering in large numbers like this is allowed. Can’t go to a football or rugby match, can’t have a wedding with more than 30, can’t go to nightclubs, can’t go to theatres or gigs but can go to a sex club? Makes little sense to me.

People on this thread rolling out the ‘it’s my choice’ argument are wrong, it might be your choice but it’s the rest of us who will share in the potential consequences of your actions.

X"

Again another opinion that can be kept to himself, no one is forcing you at gun point to attend, so again don’t be a keyboard gangster and judge others for living there lives as they see fit, bottom line don’t fucking go to swingfest if you have a problem with it.

Yorkshire

To be fair I haven’t heard ANYONE say they are going to play.

I for one am going with the mind of ‘social only’

"To be fair I haven’t heard ANYONE say they are going to play.

I for one am going with the mind of ‘social only’"

Same here if I was to have sex it would be with my husband only people need to get it through there head it's not all about sex with strangers xx

swansea

Yorkshire

"people need to get it through there head it's not all about sex with strangers xx"

Amen

By * Sophie xTV/TS  over a year ago

Derby

Same here, its been a long time not being able to get out and meet new people so this is going to be a great and safe way of doing so with how the organisers have things sorted.

hull

We will ensure it is a safe environment and we are working closely with the local council to ensure we arnt breaking any goverments advice. Were hoping everything we have planned can go ahead if not we may have to close the play areas and the bouncy castle, it wil be a gud fun event x x #thinkpositive

"Again another opinion that can be kept to himself, no one is forcing you at gun point to attend, so again don’t be a keyboard gangster and judge others for living there lives as they see fit, bottom line don’t fucking go to swingfest if you have a problem with it."

It’s a forum... that’s kind of the home of discussion, opinion etc.

Judge? I wished you all well, I said have a good time.

I’ve already said I’m not going so I’m not really seeing the need more you to aggressively state that. I also note the deliberate use of “himself”, “keyboard gangster” etc... it doesn’t really paint your response as the most intelligent, reasoned or respectful of others which is perhaps the central theme to many of the “negative posts” as you would term them.

Falkirk

"I just can’t understand why a gathering in large numbers like this is allowed. Can’t go to a football or rugby match, can’t have a wedding with more than 30, can’t go to nightclubs, can’t go to theatres or gigs but can go to a sex club? Makes little sense to me.

People on this thread rolling out the ‘it’s my choice’ argument are wrong, it might be your choice but it’s the rest of us who will share in the potential consequences of your actions. "

Isn't it ironic people can choose to go to shops, gyms, beaches, supermarkets and protests.

Must be thier choice

swansea

"We will ensure it is a safe environment and we are working closely with the local council to ensure we arnt breaking any goverments advice. Were hoping everything we have planned can go ahead if not we may have to close the play areas and the bouncy castle, it wil be a gud fun event x x #thinkpositive "

"Were hoping everything we have planned can go ahead if not we may have to close the play areas and the bouncy castle, it wil be a gud fun event x x #thinkpositive "

I guess when Boris is saying social distancing will remain in place until November at the earliest, Nightclubs and ‘close proximity’ venues still have no outlined opening date on a roadmap that goes beyond your event date, it does raise a question how as organisers you feel these areas do not pose a risk to all attending and those working for you?

Falkirk

"Were hoping everything we have planned can go ahead if not we may have to close the play areas and the bouncy castle, it wil be a gud fun event x x #thinkpositive

I guess when Boris is saying social distancing will remain in place until November at the earliest, Nightclubs and ‘close proximity’ venues still have no outlined opening date on a roadmap that goes beyond your event date, it does raise a question how as organisers you feel these areas do not pose a risk to all attending and those working for you?"

They could run it as a bar a social venue like most other clubs and pubs currently do.

If they have the space and correct numbers of people attending (which was regulated by the sale of tickets) then its no different than going to the pub.

Assumptions are being made with no real basis for proof.

hull

"Were hoping everything we have planned can go ahead if not we may have to close the play areas and the bouncy castle, it wil be a gud fun event x x #thinkpositive

I guess when Boris is saying social distancing will remain in place until November at the earliest, Nightclubs and ‘close proximity’ venues still have no outlined opening date on a roadmap that goes beyond your event date, it does raise a question how as organisers you feel these areas do not pose a risk to all attending and those working for you?

They could run it as a bar a social venue like most other clubs and pubs currently do.

If they have the space and correct numbers of people attending (which was regulated by the sale of tickets) then its no different than going to the pub.

Assumptions are being made with no real basis for proof.

"

ur totally right x

I guess when Boris is saying social distancing will remain in place until November at the earliest, Nightclubs and ‘close proximity’ venues still have no outlined opening date on a roadmap that goes beyond your event date, it does raise a question how as organisers you feel these areas do not pose a risk to all attending and those working for you?"

well I’m sure the club owner done their homework first before risking a spanking from the council x

"Assumptions are being made with no real basis for proof. "

Where’s the assumption? Guidelines state social distancing, the roadmap states what is possible and when yet the promoters keep pushing the marketing line “we hope everything can go ahead”, that sets a tone and builds expectation.

It’s a very different approach to other clubs that have re-opened with a very strict policy, closed playrooms etc.

The term #staypositive is the greatest irony... let’s hope via fluke or intelligence the required swab checks post event don’t help to impact us all.

Falkirk

"Assumptions are being made with no real basis for proof.

Where’s the assumption? Guidelines state social distancing, the roadmap states what is possible and when yet the promoters keep pushing the marketing line “we hope everything can go ahead”, that sets a tone and builds expectation.

It’s a very different approach to other clubs that have re-opened with a very strict policy, closed playrooms etc.

The term #staypositive is the greatest irony... let’s hope via fluke or intelligence the required swab checks post event don’t help to impact us all."

But the event does meet the current guidelines.

The event still can go ahead with strict guidlines in place.

The event organisers are complying with the strict gjidlies set by the goverment which all the other pubs and clubs are adhering to.

If patrons of the event break the rules, then its the club owners and event organisers that must act responsibly.

Just the same as every other pub in England.

"If patrons of the event break the rules, then its the club owners and event organisers that must act responsibly."

And to the crux, it’s not an ‘if’. I have friends going, I know their plans with others at and around the event, I know the reality will be the same for many others.

Yes some may stick purely social over the weekend, many won’t. The sad fact is COVID-19 won’t differentiate when people are in the same space.

You’re right the word is ‘responsibly’, I think for many of the detractors on this or the many other threads surrounding Swingfest they just sense a lack of it in the promotion or indeed the choice to go for such a big event at a time where caution and care is actually a really key factor.

If HU9 was opening as I think Eureaka has with a purely social area, and what I’ve heard from those who’ve attended really strict policing... I’d simply wish them the very best of luck, end of story.

Falkirk

"If patrons of the event break the rules, then its the club owners and event organisers that must act responsibly.

And to the crux, it’s not an ‘if’. I have friends going, I know their plans with others at and around the event, I know the reality will be the same for many others.

Yes some may stick purely social over the weekend, many won’t. The sad fact is COVID-19 won’t differentiate when people are in the same space.

You’re right the word is ‘responsibly’, I think for many of the detractors on this or the many other threads surrounding Swingfest they just sense a lack of it in the promotion or indeed the choice to go for such a big event at a time where caution and care is actually a really key factor.

If HU9 was opening as I think Eureaka has with a purely social area, and what I’ve heard from those who’ve attended really strict policing... I’d simply wish them the very best of luck, end of story.

"

Thats purely your assumption.

If your friends that are deliberately going to break the rules, then they will be dealt with accordingly. Have you told them how you feel about it?

What was thier reply?

To meet the current criteria strict policing will take place in accordance to the guidlines at the time of the event.

The event is scheduled to go ahead. If it doesn't ticket holders will simply be offered a refund or an alternative date.

Oh and thank you for giving a valid argument and listening to mine. Kudos

I am going to have a great social night just like I can at a pub.

End of

Oh, but I can walk round naked if I want.

Exhibitionism/voyuerism doesnt spread disease

I can also play with the person I am going with should I choose as they have been my bubble buddy and lockdown partner since this all started

telford

"I am going to have a great social night just like I can at a pub.

End of

Oh, but I can walk round naked if I want.

I can also play with the person I am going with should I choose as they have been my bubble buddy and lockdown partner since this all started"

Brilliant response - Amen !

"Thats purely your assumption.

If your friends that are deliberately going to break the rules, then they will be dealt with accordingly. Have you told them how you feel about it?

What was thier reply?

To meet the current criteria strict policing will take place in accordance to the guidlines at the time of the event.

The event is scheduled to go ahead. If it doesn't ticket holders will simply be offered a refund or an alternative date.

Oh and thank you for giving a valid argument and listening to mine. Kudos "

I’m not making an assumption, I have worked for 6 months at the very sharpest end of this virus and day to day have to work to keep an NHS workforce and patients relatives as safe as possible within an environment which has the virus active. I will take the unusual step to inbox you ‘my male form’ to put a face and reality to this ‘keyboard warriorESS’.

I could type up an essay on infection models here but let’s keep it simple; the event encourages a few hundred people to travel into a community. They will undoubtedly occupying local hotels, residences, visit local businesses and then return to their own communities.

Sadly Covid-19 is to the swinging community in many ways what HIV was to my community in the late 80’S early 90’s... the perfect negative fit for our lifestyle. If people are mixing even away from the club and then sharing indoor space in let’s say a ‘lively’ slightly undressed atmosphere then chances of infection go right up. One person with the virus in that mix and I hate to be a profit of doom but you could be looking at a very high infection rate. That potentially has a big knock on to those present, their families and friendship circles, potentially their community and obviously Hull as an area.

To answer your question, I don’t judge my friends, we are all adults, we all have different insight and understanding and the reality as I stated previously we are all taking risks every single day.

Where my misgivings lay is the nature and scale of the event, for me personally the marketing encourages the concept of a huge party and I think that sets a tone which works against people’s safety. I have huge sympathy for club owners in this moment in time, it’s really tough, it is however very hard to look objectively at what’s being promoted and to think that profit is being put well ahead of attendees safety and any potential effect the event could have in Hull as a region.

If you read the backgrounds to the Leicester lockdown, Blackburn’s current situation you’d understand that it’s very small mistakes that have allowed those areas infection rates to shoot up. Statistically the R rate for a person in a nightclub setting is about 60, that’s why they have no green light for re-opening. If you understand that and then think these people are coming together for a few days running then the potential damage is perhaps easy to see.

This even has reached LadBible on facebook

Baps out for the press

Derby

"This even has reached LadBible on facebook

Baps out for the press"

I can throw mine at them if needs be

Baps out for the press

I can throw mine at them if needs be

"

"Oh, but I can walk round naked if I want.

Exhibitionism/voyuerism doesnt spread disease "

Actually it does, sweat, touch, exposed skin is a massive contributor to infection potential especially indoors.

If me, you, whoever is in an environment in a tiny pair of pants etc everything we touch, sit on, brush against, lean on etc will then carry infectious particles if we are infected.

Add in a bit of dancing, exertion and the air around is pretty potent too.

Anyone in those spaces, touching those areas is then at risk of exposure.

I’m sorry if that sounds pedantic but actually it’s a really good illustration as to why a swinging club is a million miles away from your local pub in infection terms.

Actually it does, sweat, touch, exposed skin is a massive contributor to infection potential especially indoors.

If me, you, whoever is in an environment in a tiny pair of pants etc everything we touch, sit on, brush against, lean on etc will then carry infectious particles if we are infected.

I’m sorry if that sounds pedantic but actually it’s a really good illustration as to why a swinging club is a million miles away from your local pub in infection terms.

"

Yawn.

Lots of girls this friday going to be hitting the pubs in mini skirts and guys in shorts.

If they shut it all fair enough, but they are not.

"

tbh you have more chance of catching anything in a crammed sweaty supermarket where every moron is brushing past each other to get the beers and bbq stuff!

"tbh you have more chance of catching anything in a crammed sweaty supermarket where every moron is brushing past each other to get the beers and bbq stuff! "

Nope, that lacks any prolonged sharing of space. If you are wearing a mask, wash your hands after leaving And avoid touching your face you are pretty safe unless someone has coughed in your face.

town near me

So did I kick open a hornets nest

town near me

Wow what a sensible person you are can I add yes we all take risks I take one everytime I ride my bike but if I fall off and cut myself or break a limb when someone touches me they don't get the same affliction .with covid the option is there to not kill a stranger if you do some very simple things

[Removed by poster at 28/07/20 18:31:29]

town near me

In fact I'm going to go even further and say that because we are looking at debt forever more unemployment of more than 5million anything that encourages the spread of it should be banned

Falkirk

"In fact I'm going to go even further and say that because we are looking at debt forever more unemployment of more than 5million anything that encourages the spread of it should be banned "

Hmm you are going to try and blame a swinging event on the UK'S debt and mass unemployment?

I love the logic of some people on here

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Wouldn't be the coronavirus that would stop me going but the risk of having my face in the red tops as there is always a journalist or two that manages to get in and take pictures of the shenanigans.

I quite like my job.

evesham

"In fact I'm going to go even further and say that because we are looking at debt forever more unemployment of more than 5million anything that encourages the spread of it should be banned

Hmm you are going to try and blame a swinging event on the UK'S debt and mass unemployment?

I love the logic of some people on here "

I think your abacus is broken...

Falkirk

"Wouldn't be the coronavirus that would stop me going but the risk of having my face in the red tops as there is always a journalist or two that manages to get in and take pictures of the shenanigans.

I quite like my job. "

I don't think Facebook or Twitter will go into meltdown because my face is in the daily rag.

Most of those attending will be the same.

evesham

"Wouldn't be the coronavirus that would stop me going but the risk of having my face in the red tops as there is always a journalist or two that manages to get in and take pictures of the shenanigans.

I quite like my job.

I don't think Facebook or Twitter will go into meltdown because my face is in the daily rag.

Most of those attending will be the same."

OK

Wasn't talking about twitter or Facebook but I guess that's your faulty abacus again.

I've been on here when the stories broke from the last swingfields. i'll await this year's threads. Swinging is always hot copy for red top journos, even more so with the old 'rona about. Might bookmark this page for when the inevitable happens.

I quite like my job.

OK

Wasn't talking about twitter or Facebook but I guess that's your faulty abacus again.

I've been on here when the stories broke from the last swingfields. i'll await this year's threads. Swinging is always hot copy for red top journos, even more so with the old 'rona about. Might bookmark this page for when the inevitable happens. "

This is not swingfields.....it is not even half that big

Falkirk

I quite like my job.

OK

I've been on here when the stories broke from the last swingfields. i'll await this year's threads. Swinging is always hot copy for red top journos, even more so with the old 'rona about. Might bookmark this page for when the inevitable happens. "

But this isn't swingfields

Must be my faulty abacus eh.

Falkirk

I quite like my job.

OK

You will be waiting a while then

evesham

I quite like my job.

OK

I've been on here when the stories broke from the last swingfields. i'll await this year's threads. Swinging is always hot copy for red top journos, even more so with the old 'rona about. Might bookmark this page for when the inevitable happens.

You will be waiting a while then "

Oh.... Haha..... Carry on then.... But I still Don't think mass socials in clubs are a great idea right now.

Falkirk

I quite like my job.

OK

You will be waiting a while then

Oh.... Haha..... Carry on then.... But I still Don't think mass socials in clubs are a great idea right now. "

Thank you for your opinion.

We will carry on

Baps out for the press"

And if you read it’s also made the mirror and Hull Live, the comments from Hull Council seem very uncommitted and environmental healths seem to suggest there’s little chance the venue will be allowed to open due to their business classification.

Middlesbrough

Baps out for the press

And if you read it’s also made the mirror and Hull Live, the comments from Hull Council seem very uncommitted and environmental healths seem to suggest there’s little chance the venue will be allowed to open due to their business classification.

"

The venue also has a licensed bar and will b reopening as a outside bar only is social distancing is still in place. No playrooms or bouncy castle simple bar with music the same as every other pub in the country except this is mainly outside which in theory makes the place safer than indoor pubs.

The organisers have clearly stated its social event only unless the regulations change.

We don’t see the issue

town near me

I think it would be a big let down if it went ahead people would probably leave early out of boredom

Falkirk

Baps out for the press

"

But these articles were based on the nonsense information given to them by a butt hurt user on here.

If you read the article its quite funny.

It's already old news but like you say let's see what the official bodies do rather than speculate over old chip papers.

town near me

I've got a very long crop about 2meters who wants there bum whacked with it check out the Jimmy Edwards film bottoms up the public caning bit thought I'd lighten things up just for a bit

By *oshiamaraWoman  over a year ago

richmond

[Removed by poster at 28/07/20 19:47:15]

By *oshiamaraWoman  over a year ago

richmond

"Hey folks - any ladies fancy going upto the event with me ? Would be nice to travel up with someone (from west mids area) instead of tackling the long drive myself ...

I’ve already booked up, thought I’d post the question just in case any ladies were put off going alone....

J.x"

Where is it ?

Falkirk

"I think it would be a big let down if it went ahead people would probably leave early out of boredom "

Will they aye

Baps out for the press

"

What is your issue. Honestly.

You arnt going so dont worry about it.

I couldnt give a monkeys about the press.

" No playrooms or bouncy castle simple bar with music the same as every other pub in the country "

To quote 5 hours ago:

“Were hoping everything we have planned can go ahead if not we may have to close the play areas and the bouncy castle”

The current rules, guidelines and timeframe extend beyond the event dates. Why the event has been suggesting it will go ahead as planned despite that is what I think a lot of people are questioning.

And for the record this no worst than a pub analogy is ridiculous... a pub doesn’t ship in a few hundred people into a region and provide a platform for whatever happens inside and outside the venue.

If I’m honest my question here has always been profit vs safeguarding. There’s a question mark on health grounds, unsurprisingly there’s press interest and that now brings serious question marks on customers privacy etc.

Where’s the concern apart from getting serious numbers to the venue?

town near me

So event only yeah right lol

town near me

I ment social event only yeah right .

town near me

People from lots of different areas converging in one place that's not good

Sheffield

No social distancing on flights, yet they are happening every day, people going on holiday abroad. People have been allowed in and out of the country with no problems up until the recent guidelines with Spain.

No issues have arose from the protesting.

Why all the bad vibes for this event I don’t get it

Yawnnnnnnn I'm getting bored of this now we are going to have a great time meeting new people and potential new play friends when we are allowed to get to know each other more personally xx

Just another note.

Xtasia has been open a few weeks now, so really dont see this being cancelled.

Send your negative vibes somewhere else

Falkirk

" No playrooms or bouncy castle simple bar with music the same as every other pub in the country

To quote 5 hours ago:

“Were hoping everything we have planned can go ahead if not we may have to close the play areas and the bouncy castle”

The current rules, guidelines and timeframe extend beyond the event dates. Why the event has been suggesting it will go ahead as planned despite that is what I think a lot of people are questioning.

And for the record this no worst than a pub analogy is ridiculous... a pub doesn’t ship in a few hundred people into a region and provide a platform for whatever happens inside and outside the venue.

If I’m honest my question here has always been profit vs safeguarding. There’s a question mark on health grounds, unsurprisingly there’s press interest and that now brings serious question marks on customers privacy etc.

Where’s the concern apart from getting serious numbers to the venue? "

But would this not be the decision of the patrons attending?

Regardles if the event goes ahead or not, there is enough support from the swinging community to justify an event.

The original disclamer from the orginisers at the beginning let everyone know the event would could be cancelled at any time yet tickets sold out.

The genral consensus from all those attending is if it doesn't happen they are not that fussed.

They will happily wait it out.

Leeds

In the Daily Mirror today the HU9 owner said "due to social distancing only 50 people will be allowed in the building at any one time". I hope it isn't too chilly for all those left outside.

Falkirk

[Removed by poster at 28/07/20 20:24:59]

Sheffield

The cold never bothered me anyway

Leeds

"

But you do realise that's inside the building"

Yes. That is why my quote included the phrase "in the building"

"What is your issue. Honestly.

You arnt going so dont worry about it."

It’s a really simple one, the consequences of the event don’t stay with the clubs attendees...

If you read Hull Live the unattached article beneath reads “Hull coronavirus infection rate rises” that’s a report on today’s figures. There’s a good start point for the background.

So, a few hundred people ship into hull, mix at the club, perhaps go back into the various hotels, guest houses or whatever and after party over a couple of days. They visit the local retail and food establishments then go back to their respective areas to live and re-integrate with their families, friends, colleagues etc.

I takes 1 person to carry the virus into that event and the consequences could be huge.

So far this year I’ve missed 3 prides, sparkle the trans event, in recent weeks watching my team lift the premier league trophy from my season ticket... all the organisers have cancelled the events for similar reasons to the above when actually they are a much lower risk infection model compared to what HU9 are promoting in Hull.

I see the daily impact of COVID-19 on families and as such I understand why my social life and if I’m honest my trans life is so severely restricted currently. I hate the loss of freedom but I also know what it’s like being in a hospital when cases are surging and the greatest concern is the fact beds are running out and the oxygen flow within the hospital is running above safe levels.

The pro event answers above are always the same, it’s my choice, you’re not going so why does it concern you... the answer is simple; the potential impact goes well beyond the attendees or the club owners, the people who will most likely suffer or experience tragic loses will probably never step through the clubs door. Any surges affects us all, for me that’s in a work and life capacity so I think suggesting I don’t have a right to a _iew is fairly short sighted.

Falkirk

"In the Daily Mirror today the HU9 owner said "due to social distancing only 50 people will be allowed in the building at any one time". I hope it isn't too chilly for all those left outside. "

And this has caused widespread chaos across the UK with looting and mass public protests.

The outdoor heaters orderd will be a godsend then

"In the Daily Mirror today the HU9 owner said "due to social distancing only 50 people will be allowed in the building at any one time". I hope it isn't too chilly for all those left outside. "

Heated marques with tables and chairs xx

"The cold never bothered me anyway "

I'm taking my fluffy onesie and slipper boots xx

Derby

"What is your issue. Honestly.

You arnt going so dont worry about it.

It’s a really simple one, the consequences of the event don’t stay with the clubs attendees...

If you read Hull Live the unattached article beneath reads “Hull coronavirus infection rate rises” that’s a report on today’s figures. There’s a good start point for the background.

So, a few hundred people ship into hull, mix at the club, perhaps go back into the various hotels, guest houses or whatever and after party over a couple of days. They visit the local retail and food establishments then go back to their respective areas to live and re-integrate with their families, friends, colleagues etc.

I takes 1 person to carry the virus into that event and the consequences could be huge.

So far this year I’ve missed 3 prides, sparkle the trans event, in recent weeks watching my team lift the premier league trophy from my season ticket... all the organisers have cancelled the events for similar reasons to the above when actually they are a much lower risk infection model compared to what HU9 are promoting in Hull.

I see the daily impact of COVID-19 on families and as such I understand why my social life and if I’m honest my trans life is so severely restricted currently. I hate the loss of freedom but I also know what it’s like being in a hospital when cases are surging and the greatest concern is the fact beds are running out and the oxygen flow within the hospital is running above safe levels.

The pro event answers above are always the same, it’s my choice, you’re not going so why does it concern you... the answer is simple; the potential impact goes well beyond the attendees or the club owners, the people who will most likely suffer or experience tragic loses will probably never step through the clubs door. Any surges affects us all, for me that’s in a work and life capacity so I think suggesting I don’t have a right to a _iew is fairly short sighted.

"

And many of us going have already been locked down for months not seeing family or friends, missing out on similar things to you and have seen some of the effects of Covid while watching hundreds and in some cases thousands of people decending in their masses to beaches and other non essential spots.

There has come a point where you think enough is enough, that you are part of a minority who do their best to stay safe and sit wondering at what point do you start to live some kind of life again.

Yes many of your points are valid to varying degrees, some are factual and others are you point of _iew on things.

You have gotten your point across quite concisely and at this point you do need to allow others to decide for themselves with the information that they have what they wish to do with that information.

As the organisers have stated numerous times, the council is involved and guidelines are being adhered to for this event so give them some credit that it will be run accordingly and that the patrons of this event are going with the mindset that it will be socially distanced and they intend to stick to this.

If you don’t give these people (myself included) the leeway to follow their own path, do you think that forcing your _iew as vehemently as you have is going to change their minds?

Yes some may break the guidelines away from the event but do you seriously think that only the people going to this event are the ones doing so? I can guarantee you that meets are happening through Fab that are not being spoken about and this is no different, it just happens to be happening at the same time as this event.

Let those going make up their own minds.

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

"Just another note.

Xtasia has been open a few weeks now, so really dont see this being cancelled.

Send your negative vibes somewhere else"

What needs to be taken into account, that reactions by and within regional and town councils across the UK, can vary, in terms of how they interpret the Govt, and Public Health Authorities' rules.

So what occurs in one authority and deemed ok, isn't to say it's the same elsewhere.

"And many of us going have already been locked down for months not seeing family or friends, missing out on similar things to you and have seen some of the effects of Covid while watching hundreds and in some cases thousands of people decending in their masses to beaches and other non essential spots. "

Sophie,

Let’s be completely honest here, I am no Covid 19 saint, I have broken lockdown rules on a few occasions... I like everyone else has had to manage life and happiness over this period. I think however there is a question of risk level and impact we can all have, I have minimised that aspect as I think most of the population has.

In truth I think environmental healths statement at the bottom of the Hull live article probably means the event is likely doomed. If it is I don’t think that would surprise many of the people who have questioned the logic in holding the event.

We are all part of this community, pro or against we all embrace that celebration of our sexuality and miss what this year has taken away. We should also remember any negativity this event creates reflects on us all, any backlash against HU9 will undoubtedly be felt by all other swinging clubs in this country, many of which have and are still making huge sacrifices to keep us all safe.

On a personal note... what a beautiful profile, for me I have to say the photography without the filters is stunning. Anyway, keep safe and thank you for your eloquent reply x

Derby

Charlie, you are correct in that there is a risk/reward balance that we all need to find whilst adhering as closely as we can to the guidelines set before us (I shan't go into the examples also laid before us by those setting said guidelines)

Of course, almost everyone would love to be able to stick to those guidelines wherever possible and damned the UK budgetary needs but again it is that balance.

We all take risks that are weighed up in every single thing we do and this event is another one of those, somebody has to go first and the team at HU9 and the Reem Team are the first in the swinging club instance to host an event such as this.

With the organising that they have said they are putting in place along with keeping the council and others in the loop to make sure it is well organised and policed internally, this is theirs and our chance as the swinging community to show that we are all exactly what we know us to be, decent, responsible if debauched adults.

Some will break the rules as they do in all other instances in life, it happens and this will be the same but please, allow those who have organised it and those who have chosen to attend the opportunity to both enjoy it and to show what can be done when done well.

As for the filters, im afraid that's another case of balance and shockingly, a bad helping hand on one occasion at the Estee Lauder counter for my foundation and while I have a new one now, for rhe purposes of lockdown makeup it did the job with a little editing.

I did look way too dark facially as you can see in some of the un-edited photos.

Peace out x

Derby

Charli **

I'm blaming autocorrect for the miss-spelling of your name, my apologies x

By *luebellRacerCouple  over a year ago

Shropshire

"Hey folks - any ladies fancy going upto the event with me ? Would be nice to travel up with someone (from west mids area) instead of tackling the long drive myself ...

J.x"

Back to the original post...

Sorry buddy, we aren't from round your way, hope you manage to make it over.

To anyone who isn't going but who loves to keep spamming the threads; I'm glad you're not going. We're going to socialise in a private club. No difference to going to the pub apart from we can be ourselves rather than putting on some fake persona.

Those who are going, can't wait to meet you

Falkirk

J.x

To anyone who isn't going but who loves to keep spamming the threads; I'm glad you're not going. We're going to socialise in a private club. No difference to going to the pub apart from we can be ourselves rather than putting on some fake persona.

Those who are going, can't wait to meet you "

"Charli **

I'm blaming autocorrect for the miss-spelling of your name, my apologies x"

No apology needed, all is good x

telford

J.x

Those who are going, can't wait to meet you "

Ha ha well Thankyou for Replying , yeah this thread has taken its own path over the past few days, which is cool, everyone is entitled to their own thoughts & beliefs but hey enough is enough now , we get it, we’ve accepted it yet we are still going.

Soooo travel car share shout out is still out there , anyone wishing to jump in is more than welcome

By *i winkersCouple  over a year ago

manchester

On a lighter note, we are attending the event in a purely social capacity.

We are in Hull for two nights so anyone want 1 metre social distancing drinks Saturday night or Sunday daytime then send us a private message.

"On a lighter note, we are attending the event in a purely social capacity.

We are in Hull for two nights so anyone want 1 metre social distancing drinks Saturday night or Sunday daytime then send us a private message.

"

Yayyyyyy can't wait to see you xx

Sheffield

"On a lighter note, we are attending the event in a purely social capacity.

"

Will see you there xx

Was

A

Bad event last year

"Was

A

Bad event last year

"

May I ask "bad" in what way xx

Falkirk

[Removed by poster at 29/07/20 10:06:03]

Falkirk

"Was

A

Bad event last year

May I ask "bad" in what way xx"

Green arrow. I doubt he was there.

we are attending this year and we have a hotel booked. People have to look at this as a social event. Couples can chat and flirt whilst adhering to social distancing regulations

"Was

A

Bad event last year

May I ask "bad" in what way xx

Green arrow. I doubt he was there. "

Ahhhh I see what you mean xx

"we are attending this year and we have a hotel booked. People have to look at this as a social event. Couples can chat and flirt whilst adhering to social distancing regulations "

This exactly xx

At the end of the day there are instances of no social distancing going on in supermarkets every minute of everyday. We have all been there and seen how thoughtless people can be with regards to social distancing.

Leeds

It is a bit different reaching across someone to grab a tin of beans to having sex with them.

"It is a bit different reaching across someone to grab a tin of beans to having sex with them. "

And like you've been told a hundred times it's a social event where people can have sex with there own partners if they want to FFS

Some peoples definition of a social event obviously differs to ours lol

Falkirk

"It is a bit different reaching across someone to grab a tin of beans to having sex with them. "

Yet the chances of catching the virus from a stranger reaching to get a tin of beans is is more likely as there are more people across the UK doing it.

Leeds

"It's a social event where people can have sex with there own partners if they want to FFS "

Reem Team or HU9 please could you clarify this ?

not if someone has had a cheeky wank and didn’t wipe before a cheeky trip to the Asda

"It's a social event where people can have sex with there own partners if they want to FFS

Reem Team or HU9 please could you clarify this ?"

Sorry I may be wrong about that and if I am I do apologize

"And like you've been told a hundred times it's a social event where people can have sex with there own partners if they want to FFS "

And there’s the issue... a lack of understanding that Covid isn’t aids, if people are having sex in the place... the risk from particle clouds shoots up.

Good luck to anyone watching, using the space for hours afterwards or indeed adjacent areas...

"And like you've been told a hundred times it's a social event where people can have sex with there own partners if they want to FFS

And there’s the issue... a lack of understanding that Covid isn’t aids, if people are having sex in the place... the risk from particle clouds shoots up.

Good luck to anyone watching, using the space for hours afterwards or indeed adjacent areas..."

And as I said I may also be wrong on my previous comment

"And like you've been told a hundred times it's a social event where people can have sex with there own partners if they want to FFS

Good luck to anyone watching, using the space for hours afterwards or indeed adjacent areas...

And as I said I may also be wrong on my previous comment "

I wouldn’t take individual responsibility to be honest.

On other threads people have referenced this, people have also said playing within social bubbles, Going back to hotels for after parties etc... the hosts have always said the hope is playrooms are open and have never corrected any statements like your own.

It’s a good illustration of what’s been said before, your perception is what it is and likewise a few hundred others coming may we’ll share it... the marketing, expectation etc is very poorly managed for a ‘Social only’ event.

Well turns out i have a couples ticket with no one to take. So if anyone knows of a single women wanting to go. And doesnt have a ticket let me know

Finally, the end of this thread.

Peace out and see you all at the festival

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

X

But the event has been given the go ahead by the authorities.

You can't blame the event organisers for thier integrity as they are following the current guidelines.

Everyone attending is aware of the guidelines hence why they have paid for tickets in advance.

You said it yourself there are risks involved everywhere.

As for assuming the club organisers are turning a blind eye that is entirely speculation.

Stating facts based on events in other countries is irrelevant.

You won't know if there will be any increase in covid because of the event until after it has taken place.

I don't blame the organisers for remaining silent they only need to respond to the regulating bodies.

Again why bother giving an opinion on an event that you have no intention of attending.

"

Risks invovled everywhere.

More chance of getting run over by a bus.

It's pretty common sense to acknowledge what must be an undeniable fact(yes) that prolonged exposure to 300 people in a limited space means its goi g to be playtime for the virus iff anyone goes in carrying it.

Aamd then it's playtime for their friends and family and work colleagues and the general public they come into contact with.

Which means very possible deaths (sso the comparison made with a other country is relevant on a number of levels) which would be directly linked to this event.

And then, arguably, to the people who attended.

I don't read thee negative posts as people being querolous because they couldn't get it. Or wanting to rain on someone's parade.just..concern for the people going, and for people in that area generally.theres a reason why texas is up the creek at the minute. - people going about their business with either ignorance of the disease, or selfishness, or stupidity.

So it's us sticking our necks out to get them chopped off. Butt you guys are talking about it publicly, on a forum, so you have to be prepared to receive opinions and arguments which might come across as the opposite to wwhat you'd like to read. Some have responded constructively, some havent.

And I'm responding because I genuinely think (in myy opinion, obvs) that some people aren't aware of the risks tto themselves and others by doing so.

If that comes across as patronising,then so be it. It's just concern at heart. Especially when a massive amount of facts dictate that people will more than likely becomes infected.

So.moving from beingg more lily to get run over by a bus to more likely to get run over by a bus, motorbike, car, bicycle, truck, etc etc.

You say it's your choice. You're adults, council permission etc etc.

Is it right to take away someones choice, two weeks down the line, to contract Covid from you or not.

Did some comments get deleted because this thread DID close

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Obviously