FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Attic Experience Delayed Opening

Attic Experience Delayed Opening

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he Attic OP   Couple 29 weeks ago

Derby

Due to unforseen building work the Attic will remain closed for the coming period. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. We hope to update you shortly.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *oetic licenceCouple 29 weeks ago

Darley Dale

So sorry to hear this. xx

By *onyMad123Couple 29 weeks ago

nottingham/ derby

By *aomilatteCouple 28 weeks ago

Midlands

Any update on progress?

By (user no longer on site) 28 weeks ago

Does anyone know if Attic may reopen before Christmas?

Or will it be the New year?

By *kull LoversCouple 28 weeks ago

Mansfield

Sorry to hear this, hope you get it sorted so you can open. everyone is missing you

By *inaTitzTV/TS 28 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

Good luck with it all

By (user no longer on site) 28 weeks ago

"Sorry to hear this, hope you get it sorted so you can open. everyone is missing you"

Soo true

By *allmeDavidMan 28 weeks ago

london

Don't think we will get there until the new year now but looking fwd. to seeing the new place.

Hope you get the issues sorted asap

Dave & T

By *icecouple64Couple 28 weeks ago

Nottingham

We are missing it. Can't wait for the new place to open!

By *udandBryanCouple 28 weeks ago

Boston

We're very much hoping it'll be open in time for new year's eve

By *niper oneMan 27 weeks ago

DERBY/Notts border

Anything on the Attic re-opening yet

By *ugby FanMan 27 weeks ago

Walsall

"Anything on the Attic re-opening yet"

An update would be great Thanks

By *r DerbyMan 27 weeks ago

Derby

"Anything on the Attic re-opening yet"

As stated in this thread and others, The Attic is closed due to moving and a last Min problem.

An update will be given when we are opening both on Fab and the website so keep looking.

By *r DerbyMan 27 weeks ago

Derby

"Anything on the Attic re-opening yet

An update would be great Thanks"

As stated in this thread and others, The Attic is closed due to moving and a last Min problem.

An update will be given when we are opening both on Fab and the website so keep looking.

By *niper oneMan 27 weeks ago

DERBY/Notts border

Will it be open for xmas eve does anyone know?

By *ugby FanMan 27 weeks ago

Walsall

You obviously have a lot to deal with and can't say anything for definite and understand that fully. Just would be great to know if before or after Christmas. Would help others planning too. If it is after Christmas then sadly so be it We all know you are doing your utmost to make it happen

By *iberatedduoCouple 27 weeks ago

Ashbourne

Wondering what the problem could be as the move has been in the making for months.

By *na69Couple 26 weeks ago

Doncaster

"Wondering what the problem could be as the move has been in the making for months.

"

9 months

By *onyMad123Couple 26 weeks ago

nottingham/ derby

"Wondering what the problem could be as the move has been in the making for months.

9 months"

Incorrect we moved on 4th November, so get the correct information which can be found on Facebook and Mr Derby and the Attic profile post regularly in here.

By *na69Couple 26 weeks ago

Doncaster

The new club was given the OK in march

By *r DerbyMan 26 weeks ago

Derby

"The new club was given the OK in march

"

You need to get your facts correct. We found new premises and got change of use approval around then.

There is still a massive amount to do. You can't find premises that are already built for an adult sex club.

By *inaTitzTV/TS 26 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

With luck it'll hopefully be ready soon and we can all meet up and enjoy all of the hard work.

I know there's no date yet, but is it likely that there will be a Christmas party there?

I'd rather be there for the party than elsewhere, but I don't want to turn down invites if it's not likely to be open in time.

By *orny DeucesCouple 26 weeks ago

Mansfield

Planning permission from the local council to change the use of the building from one type to another may have been given in q1 or q2 of this year, but then there is, terms of lease, companies house, architect, building regs, fire authority, ICO, 4 licenses and the build itself. Not to mention the closing down and handover of the previous venue and changing various supplier contracts to the new venue. And as much planning as you can do with so many outside forces sadly sometimes you work to their timeframes and not the clubs. No business wants downtime.

Rest assured The Attic will return.

By *rack and FieldMan 26 weeks ago

Doncaster

Sorry to hear your're having some building issues. Wishing you all the best and I'm sure the wait will be worth it. All the best Daz.

By *aucy and BustyCouple 25 weeks ago

Derby (ish)

Good luck in getting everything done, I'm sure it's stressful - just lucky T has no hair to pull out.

Look forward to seeing it reopen again

By *OM23RAVEN23Couple 25 weeks ago

Derby

Can't wait, we only started going recently and we were hooked

Love the place

We feel like we are at a loose end without the Attic lol

By *tar25Man 17 weeks ago

Staffordshire

It would be great to get a valentines night re-opening!

Just wishful thinking.

By *ron_BullMan 17 weeks ago

leicester

"It would be great to get a valentines night re-opening!

Just wishful thinking."

Came to say the same thing

By *icecouple64Couple 17 weeks ago

Nottingham

Is there anywhere else to try until the Attic opens again? x

By *iasubTV/TS 17 weeks ago

Ilkeston

"Is there anywhere else to try until the Attic opens again? x"

Theres purple mamba in notts

By (user no longer on site) 16 weeks ago

Can't wait to visit the new club when it opens

By *ee And MikeCouple 16 weeks ago

Cannock

We’ve only been to _he attic a couple of times, I’m sure one or two on this thread might possibly recognise us, but it’s a really friendly vibe and great place for a cuck to see his wife get serviced !

By (user no longer on site) 16 weeks ago

Has there been any updates as to a projected reopen date?

Can imagine the new club will be amazing.

By * and BCouple 16 weeks ago

Durham

"Has there been any updates as to a projected reopen date?

Can imagine the new club will be amazing. "

We moved our hotel from New Year where we were booked to go to Attic New Years eve to 22nd 23rd March thinking that's loads of time for them to overcome the problems but time is ticking and we are all still in the dark

By *iasubTV/TS 16 weeks ago

Ilkeston

"Has there been any updates as to a projected reopen date?

Can imagine the new club will be amazing.

We moved our hotel from New Year where we were booked to go to Attic New Years eve to 22nd 23rd March thinking that's loads of time for them to overcome the problems but time is ticking and we are all still in the dark "

Hopefully its march time

By *onyMad123Couple 16 weeks ago

nottingham/ derby

Everyone is beavering away on jobs while everything is finalised, can assure you going in the right direction.

Not going to say more other than we are there most days doing various tasks in preparation.

The phone was none stop last night and everyone got the same answer, keep checking the Web page, no firm date yet, but it is happening.

We will also post here and social media when we have more details.

Noone wants this place open sooner than Ron and the team, the additional Time is giving chance to get things sorted.

Please bear with us, let's keep the team motivated, it will happen but we all have other roles in life too, but it will be worth the wait.

This is from someone seeing the blood, sweat and tears first hand, belive me. I am proud if what's been achieved so far by everyone involved.

We will look forward to welcoming you when we can.

I miss the Weekends, it's been very strange not seeing customers, but maybe it's a good thing, as when back, be back with a vengeance and maybe a bang

Let's face it you learn to appreciate what you have when you don't have it, so just standby and you will be able to enjoy the new attic experience soon.

By *oetic licenceCouple 16 weeks ago

Darley Dale

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see you all again. Miss our Saturday nights. Xxx

nottingham/ derby

Awwww we miss you too, its not really a update, more a I am seeing how hard people are working, and how much time and effort people are putting in, first hand ......

There is nothing being hidden, these things just take Time.

It's not the building so much as the finalisation that has took longer than anticipated.

It's hard keeping everyone motivated, it's exhausting for all involved, but this is being done for people to enjoy, and it will be a "experience".

I cannot wait to open, and see everyone explore, but for now we head down and kick on with the hard work.

By *udandBryanCouple 16 weeks ago

Boston

Thats promising, we had hoped you'd be able to keep working while things are sorted.

At this rate, by the time you're able to open the whole club will be finished.

It's going to be awesome!

nottingham/ derby

Can assure you it's just minor modifications now and yes the expansion continues. Its will be a great playground for allnofnus like-minded souls, we dont aim to be bigger, better,or on par with other places, it will have, as always it's own uniqness, and people will make of it what they will. Me personally I can't wait

Ilkeston

Thank you for the update cant wait to be back and see you amazing lot after a long time

I can only imagine how much hard work has gone into making the place amazing and it is really appreciated. See you lovely bunch soon!

By *LUKCouple 16 weeks ago

Loughborough

Cheers PonyMad123 for the update

We can't wait to see the new venue, and really feel for everyone involved at the club having to deal with any negativity

Durham

"Cheers PonyMad123 for the update

We can't wait to see the new venue, and really feel for everyone involved at the club having to deal with any negativity

"

It is nice to be updated every now and then to keep us all feeling part of the Attic family. We do all feel for Ron having this delay by officialdom and all the hard working people who worked so hard hoping they would get opened up back in November

By *ector_SPMan 16 weeks ago

sheffield

Thanks a lot!! As a single male this club is the one to go and always felt appreciated by people around and the staff. Can't wait for everything to get sorted, not just for the fun but for all you that are working and need to get this done so you can keep doing what you love while earning yo8r support.

By *idnight SecretMan 16 weeks ago

Derby

Hey guys it’s all great that you are missing the place. So are me and my partner. But we have volunteered a bit of our time not as much as the staff. But we have been down there helping out building bits and painting bits.

If you enjoy that kind of thing and have a few hours spare or could maybe help in some other way. Why don’t you volunteer your time to help instead of just pasting on here when is it going to be open etc.

What’s the saying many hand make lite work why don’t you contact the staff at the start of this chain and see if there is something you can do to help. Instead of just putting negative posts or depressing posts about when,if,maybe and I have a hotel booked why don’t you use that booking to help make a difference and maybe the club could open quicker.

Sorry to Rob and the staff for this rant and I know you have to stay professional as it’s your business but you’re doing a great job.

A swingers club built by swingers for swingers to enjoy for years to come hopefully.

See you all soon and I promise I will get my hands dirty again soon helping you all out with the next phase.

Durham

"Hey guys it’s all great that you are missing the place. So are me and my partner. But we have volunteered a bit of our time not as much as the staff. But we have been down there helping out building bits and painting bits.

If you enjoy that kind of thing and have a few hours spare or could maybe help in some other way. Why don’t you volunteer your time to help instead of just pasting on here when is it going to be open etc.

What’s the saying many hand make lite work why don’t you contact the staff at the start of this chain and see if there is something you can do to help. Instead of just putting negative posts or depressing posts about when,if,maybe and I have a hotel booked why don’t you use that booking to help make a difference and maybe the club could open quicker.

Sorry to Rob and the staff for this rant and I know you have to stay professional as it’s your business but you’re doing a great job.

A swingers club built by swingers for swingers to enjoy for years to come hopefully.

See you all soon and I promise I will get my hands dirty again soon helping you all out with the next phase. "

don't you think that is negative? We live in Durham, if we lived closer we'd have been helping as much as we can. Respect to all not just the few we say. This doesn't really help anyone, just alienate us. We can't wait to see everyone once it opens and shake the hands once again the people putting the hard work in as we already have when we visited the progress of the new place. Updates do stop the speculation and the criticism. Roll on opening date

By *r DerbyMan 16 weeks ago

Derby

"Hey guys it’s all great that you are missing the place. So are me and my partner. But we have volunteered a bit of our time not as much as the staff. But we have been down there helping out building bits and painting bits.

See you all soon and I promise I will get my hands dirty again soon helping you all out with the next phase.

don't you think that is negative? We live in Durham, if we lived closer we'd have been helping as much as we can. Respect to all not just the few we say. This doesn't really help anyone, just alienate us. We can't wait to see everyone once it opens and shake the hands once again the people putting the hard work in as we already have when we visited the progress of the new place. Updates do stop the speculation and the criticism. Roll on opening date "

I'm sure Ron and the Attic will give updates if and when they have any.

Best thing is to check the website.

By *arried man and milfCouple 16 weeks ago

derby

Hi everyone, so me and the husband have been down to help at _he attic. Trust me this place is huge!! Its got so much more,i cant give too much away for the grand opening but,the cinema is bigger and has added extra surprise, the dancefloor area is bigger,there is also a quieter seperate bar area with seating,it has modern seating booths,and new design tables, this place is so big there is 5 areas to work on and complete. There are new rooms with different designs and ideas,loads more seating areas, proper locker Rooms, male and female glory hole's, brand new hot tub! So much I would be here for another hour. Thus will be one of the biggest and best clubs in the UK!!

Ilkeston

"Hi everyone, so me and the husband have been down to help at _he attic. Trust me this place is huge!! Its got so much more,i cant give too much away for the grand opening but,the cinema is bigger and has added extra surprise, the dancefloor area is bigger,there is also a quieter seperate bar area with seating,it has modern seating booths,and new design tables, this place is so big there is 5 areas to work on and complete. There are new rooms with different designs and ideas,loads more seating areas, proper locker Rooms, male and female glory hole's, brand new hot tub! So much I would be here for another hour. Thus will be one of the biggest and best clubs in the UK!!"

Oh wow sounds amazing! Will be amazing for the grand opening

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 16 weeks ago

wonderland.

"Hi everyone, so me and the husband have been down to help at _he attic. Trust me this place is huge!! Its got so much more,i cant give too much away for the grand opening but,the cinema is bigger and has added extra surprise, the dancefloor area is bigger,there is also a quieter seperate bar area with seating,it has modern seating booths,and new design tables, this place is so big there is 5 areas to work on and complete. There are new rooms with different designs and ideas,loads more seating areas, proper locker Rooms, male and female glory hole's, brand new hot tub! So much I would be here for another hour. Thus will be one of the biggest and best clubs in the UK!!"
We agree.. new place has so many areas that will just be better.... cinema is epic

By *J_OuizziCouple 16 weeks ago

Nottingham

Sounds fantastic!

By *aughtyLittlePicsCouple 16 weeks ago

Derby

So excited just for the cinema

By *izzibeth9Couple 16 weeks ago

Loughborough

Sounds incredible! Can't wait to see what it's like. The Attic was always just such a great night out for us regardless of anything else. Really looking forward to it, and a huge thanks to Ron and everyone who's worked towards getting it open for us to enjoy.

Hope the Sybian hasn't been lost in the move

By *ussgbrMan 15 weeks ago

Burton

"So excited just for the cinema "

Hope to see you there soon

By *he Attic OP   Couple 15 weeks ago

Derby

As has been said numerous times, we are not dealing with our own time frame here but that of numerous various bodies and stakeholders. Every single date we have had internally has come and gone because one body or another has not been able to do their part in that time. So again as has been said before we will not give timeframes out publicly until we are 100% sure.

The team have work tireless for nearly a year now and especially in these last 3 months making the adaptions and modifications to satisfy the relevant bodies. So there really haven't been and update to shout about, but sire enough when there is you'll hear about it.

By *ussgbrMan 15 weeks ago

Burton

"As has been said numerous times, we are not dealing with our own time frame here but that of numerous various bodies and stakeholders. Every single date we have had internally has come and gone because one body or another has not been able to do their part in that time. So again as has been said before we will not give timeframes out publicly until we are 100% sure.

The team have work tireless for nearly a year now and especially in these last 3 months making the adaptions and modifications to satisfy the relevant bodies. So there really haven't been and update to shout about, but sire enough when there is you'll hear about it."

Thanks for the updates

By *iasubTV/TS 15 weeks ago

Ilkeston

"As has been said numerous times, we are not dealing with our own time frame here but that of numerous various bodies and stakeholders. Every single date we have had internally has come and gone because one body or another has not been able to do their part in that time. So again as has been said before we will not give timeframes out publicly until we are 100% sure.

The team have work tireless for nearly a year now and especially in these last 3 months making the adaptions and modifications to satisfy the relevant bodies. So there really haven't been and update to shout about, but sire enough when there is you'll hear about it."

Thank you and all the team who have put so much hard work into it. I can only imagine how much stress has come with the move. Im sure I can speak for everyone and say it’s really appreciated

By *udandBryanCouple 15 weeks ago

Boston

Brilliant! Thanks to everyone who is helping get our favourite club ready.

If we lived closer, we'd be there helping too.

By *J_OuizziCouple 15 weeks ago

Nottingham

By *ie n MashCouple 15 weeks ago

Back in Malice

So looking forward to the re-opening. Reiterating what has been said above, we really appreciate the vast efforts being made here.

By *ugby FanMan 15 weeks ago

Walsall

Thank you all so much

By * and BCouple 15 weeks ago

Durham

That's a really good update in itself

By *erby GrumpsMan 15 weeks ago

DERBY

I am so looking forward to the opportunity to see the new Attic Experience up and running. The lights, the people and most of all the atmosphere.

I know everyone has put in many hours of blood sweat and tears to ensure everything is as it should be.

The new place is going to be used epic!

By *icecouple64Couple 15 weeks ago

Nottingham

Thanks for the update and all the hard work xx

By *plankyguyMan 15 weeks ago

Staffordshire

[Removed by poster at 18/02/24 19:01:18]

By *plankyguyMan 15 weeks ago

Staffordshire

Thanks for all the updates. It’s starting to feel close now

By *r DerbyMan 15 weeks ago

Derby

"Thanks for all the updates. It’s starting to feel close now "

Hopefully won't be long but as the update said, it's frustrating waiting for 3rd party timeframes.

Ron would have opened up months ago if he could but he wants to make sure everything is correct and in place before opening.

By *nby ATV/TS 15 weeks ago

chilling in the

Bookmarked.

I miss the TGirl Mondays. I’ll be back. Good luck with all that needs to be done.

By *ittle MonkeysCouple 15 weeks ago

Kimberley

Getting excited now

Derby

"Getting excited now "

Why has alot if this thread been deleted?

Durham

"Getting excited now

Why has alot if this thread been deleted?"

Think you have got this thread mixed up with the Attic update thread that was full and closed. Everyone then jumped onto this thread which was started just after the club was told they couldn't open on the planned date back in November.

Derby

"Getting excited now

Think you have got this thread mixed up with the Attic update thread that was full and closed. Everyone then jumped onto this thread which was started just after the club was told they couldn't open on the planned date back in November. "

No I'm not confused as I wrote something the other day and the thread you mean has been closed for a week.

Durham

"Getting excited now

Think you have got this thread mixed up with the Attic update thread that was full and closed. Everyone then jumped onto this thread which was started just after the club was told they couldn't open on the planned date back in November.

No I'm not confused as I wrote something the other day and the thread you mean has been closed for a week."

Just a thought. You know what it's like for stuff getting deleted in the forums though

By *traponfunMan 14 weeks ago

Derby

Will it be open for Xmas eve?

By *oetic licenceCouple 14 weeks ago

Darley Dale

"Will it be open for Xmas eve?"

That's helpful and supportive.

By *onyMad123Couple 14 weeks ago

nottingham/ derby

"Will it be open for Xmas eve?"

Hilarious !!!!!

By *ugby 123Couple 14 weeks ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

No I'm not confused as I wrote something the other day and the thread you mean has been closed for a week."

There has been no deletion of any of your posts. A duplicate thread with the same question was removed though, maybe you posted on that one.

If there had been a post removed, questioning it on the forum isn't the way to do it, you should use the contacts links at the bottom of the home page please

By *heEvilWithinWoman 14 weeks ago

Barnsley

Can't wait to see the new place. Miss you all.

Sam x

By *aughtynottsCouple 14 weeks ago

Outside Nottingham

Dying to come back

By *rack and FieldMan 14 weeks ago

Doncaster

Waiting with anticipation for the grand reopening. Can't wait to see how allthe hard work on the new venue looks. Fingers crossed it'll be soon, looking forward to seeing friends new and old.

All the best Daz

By *iberatedduoCouple 14 weeks ago

Ashbourne

"Will it be open for Xmas eve?

I’m sure they will be open by xmas eve 2025

That's helpful and supportive. "

By *orny DeucesCouple 14 weeks ago

Mansfield

65 fire rated doors.

An obscene amount of power cables

A top fire alarm system

Over 25 metric tonnes of plasterboard.

7 main fire routes

3 sets of toilets

3 staircases

More emergency/anti panic lighting than most hotels

An absolutely ridiculous sized cinema screen.

30ltrs of fire resistant coating

More cctv than a highstreet bank

A complete venue rebrand

The modern world has a lot of boxes to tick off especiallyfor a publicly accessible building and when you want over 500 people these little details become rather large ones, and there is no cutting corners getting them ticked off. A project can seem simple on paper but in practice is no simple feat.

In the words of William Langland, "patience is a virtue". Or if you will from the words of Lady Mary Montgomerie Currie "all good things come to those that wait".

By *J_OuizziCouple 14 weeks ago

Nottingham

That is a lot of boxes to tick!

Completely understand that getting all that lot signed off, for the numbers involved, is no easy task.

Kudos to all involved!

By *iasubTV/TS 14 weeks ago

Ilkeston

"65 fire rated doors.

A top fire alarm system

7 main fire routes

3 sets of toilets

3 staircases

A complete venue rebrand

The modern world has a lot of boxes to tick off especiallyfor a publicly accessible building and when you want over 500 people these little details become rather large ones, and there is no cutting corners getting them ticked off. A project can seem simple on paper but in practice is no simple feat.

In the words of William Langland, "patience is a virtue". Or if you will from the words of Lady Mary Montgomerie Currie "all good things come to those that wait".

"

Hats off to everyone involved these things are never easy to complete and mix in dependencies on others it makes a huge task.

It will be great to see the new place and the hard work and dedication from an amazing team.

nottingham/ derby

Everyone involved is playing a huge part, no matter how small or large, it's blooming hard to keep motivated, and much love to the kind messages and support, to those that can't say anything nice, maybe keep your thoughts to yourself as only makes you look foolish, after all shouldn't clubs be supporting one another rather than snide comments ? Especially as during our closure we have encouraged people when asked where to attend, I guess that's one off the list if you can't be kind ?

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 14 weeks ago

wonderland.

It's a mammoth effort and everyone is working so hard

Its eagerly anticipated if the discussions in chams are anything to go by.

Cali

By *rKirkMan 14 weeks ago

Leicestershire

I completely agree with what’s been said. I work in construction and it’s no small thing to get all this done especially with the pressure of cost and time. The team have done an amazing job and I can’t wait to see the new place when it’s open. Well done everyone keep going feels like you are nearly there.

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 14 weeks ago

wonderland.

They are always looking for people to help and looking for people to help with phase 2 just now which sounds promising x

nottingham/ derby

"I completely agree with what’s been said. I work in construction and it’s no small thing to get all this done especially with the pressure of cost and time. The team have done an amazing job and I can’t wait to see the new place when it’s open. Well done everyone keep going feels like you are nearly there. "

If you work in construction contact _he attic profile, they could maybe use your help if you have any free time

By *udandBryanCouple 14 weeks ago

Boston

Sounds like it's going to be even better than the original - what a sequel!

By *oliteguyMan 14 weeks ago

Melksham

I’m really looking forward to visiting the new venue when it’s opened. Used to really enjoy the last place. Thank you to the team for the hard work and perseverance you are putting into it. It would be so easy to give up. There must be so many costs involved with no current income stream from visitors.

I’m sure the new place will be popular and you will be busy with grateful customers, which hopefully will make all the hard work feel worth it. Well done to all involved.

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

That's a shame.

I loved the old venue and so did my naughty guests. Looking forward to it being back in action and seeing all the new changes.

By *amjo77Couple 14 weeks ago

sandiacre

Keep up the good work guys and stay positive!

See you all soon hopefully

By (user no longer on site) 13 weeks ago

"65 fire rated doors.

A top fire alarm system

7 main fire routes

3 sets of toilets

3 staircases

A complete venue rebrand

"

And then there is the decoration and furniture and loads more bits in between, a mammoth task and a tremendous effort just getting all the bureaucracy boxes ticked! You can do it!!! Xxx

By *r DerbyMan 13 weeks ago

Derby

"65 fire rated doors.

A top fire alarm system

7 main fire routes

3 sets of toilets

3 staircases

A complete venue rebrand

And then there is the decoration and furniture and loads more bits in between, a mammoth task and a tremendous effort just getting all the bureaucracy boxes ticked! You can do it!!! Xxx "

Finally someone that understands. Thank you.

By *inaTitzTV/TS 13 weeks ago

Titz Towers, North Notts

There's a lot of work involved and it's not just as simple as moving a load of beds into a new set of rooms

By *rnmrsjonesCouple 13 weeks ago

stoke on trent

We cannot wait till it re opens

By *iasubTV/TS 13 weeks ago

Ilkeston

Definitely really excited now and really appreciate the hard work

By *ina VonteeseTV/TS 13 weeks ago

Leicester

moI really feel for the team who are literally having to move mountains to tick all the boxes in order to reopen and provide a safe and workable environment.

It must be so frustrating and stressful for everyone involved to remain positive at times ?

Personally I wish you every possible success at sorting out all the requirements that have been set for you by the various agencies who have set a very high bar to jump ..

Sending my love and support..

When finally the doors reopen which I'm sure given the passion and drive of everyone it will be amazing xxx

T

By *onyMad123Couple 13 weeks ago

nottingham/ derby

Here now and can say how hard everyone is working in and around there normal jobs too, keeping the coffee flowing and the constant cleaning, and seeing more and .ore everyday, the place is great, very different, it will be worth the wait, and we all can't wait to welcome you all back.

By *rack and FieldMan 13 weeks ago

Doncaster

Thanks for the update and for everyone's hard graft!!!

Looking forward to the reopening and wishing the Attic team all the very best! See you soon

By *oetic licenceCouple 13 weeks ago

Darley Dale

The Attic are asking for help this weekend, definitely needing a plumber, but if anyone is free and willing to help out drop The Attic profile a message. Come on, let's help to get the club reopen. I miss everyone. Xxx

By *iberatedduoCouple 13 weeks ago

Ashbourne

"The Attic are asking for help this weekend, definitely needing a plumber, but if anyone is free and willing to help out drop The Attic profile a message. Come on, let's help to get the club reopen. I miss everyone. Xxx"

How much are they offering to pay for said help !

nottingham/ derby

Luckily for the club we are all giving up our time for free, cos we love Ron, appreciate the club and have for a long time

nottingham/ derby

You forgot your question mark at the end of your question

By *igwoody68Man 13 weeks ago

chesterfield

By *arried man and milfCouple 13 weeks ago

derby

Coming down again today, gifting our time to help get the club up and running for everyone. So if you have any free spare time. Why not contact them an pop down and give a helping hand, it's always appreciated. And we work well as a team.

Ilkeston

"Coming down again today, gifting our time to help get the club up and running for everyone. So if you have any free spare time. Why not contact them an pop down and give a helping hand, it's always appreciated. And we work well as a team."

Is there other stuff that needs doing other than the plumbing. Happy to give a hand if needed

derby

Yes there's all sorts, cleaning, painting, building, plumbing, they would be very greatful! It's such a huge space.

Ilkeston

"Yes there's all sorts, cleaning, painting, building, plumbing, they would be very greatful! It's such a huge space. "

Sounds amazing im free most of the time. Who should i contact? Or just turn up?

By *elbaCouple 13 weeks ago

Derby

"The Attic are asking for help this weekend, definitely needing a plumber, but if anyone is free and willing to help out drop The Attic profile a message. Come on, let's help to get the club reopen. I miss everyone. Xxx

How much are they offering to pay for said help ! "

I’ve noticed you often snipe at The Attic. What’s that all about ?

derby

Miasub, I've spoke to attic think they will reply soon thanks for your offer x

nottingham/ derby

Thank you all any weekend time contact _he attic profile they will let you know if a job to suit, we spend a fair bit of time there in the week and it's just keeping on top of things as while more work is being undertaken, creates more dust.

I've been pretty useless after being ill recently, but on the mend plus working with my own businesses but every little helps. If you can managed a duster or a mop, or a paint brush or just make a brew and wash pots, I'm sure the team will appreciate it. Just check tho by dropping the profile a message to see when they need the help.

By *bwlady123Woman 13 weeks ago

private

Wish I lived closer would love to help and help get the club up and running your all doing an amazing job

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 13 weeks ago

wonderland.

"Thank you all any weekend time contact _he attic profile they will let you know if a job to suit, we spend a fair bit of time there in the week and it's just keeping on top of things as while more work is being undertaken, creates more dust.

I've been pretty useless after being ill recently, but on the mend plus working with my own businesses but every little helps. If you can managed a duster or a mop, or a paint brush or just make a brew and wash pots, I'm sure the team will appreciate it. Just check tho by dropping the profile a message to see when they need the help.

"

I'll start dropping in a bit in the week x I've had this lurgy and been asleep most of today though x

Ilkeston

Just a quick note of gratitude and a huge shout-out to everyone involved! The progress that has been made is absolutely incredible. Without spoiling anything, the place is truly fabulous. The dedication and passion poured into it are unmistakable. I'm certain countless unforgettable nights await us, but let's remember to give the team a bit of patience—they're going the extra mile to ensure we have an amazing time.

By *arried man and milfCouple 12 weeks ago

derby

Was lovely to meet you last night.

We should all be proud of the progress we made last night, for cleaning, painting, building, sanding,ect we all worked well together again.people are going to have a amazing time when you get the go ahead. Will be back as soon as I recover from op, stay strong as a team, let the haters hate. They will be queing out the door on open night!

By *oetic licenceCouple 12 weeks ago

Darley Dale

Hopefully able to help in Saturday if it's still needed. X

By *ucksguy2000Man 12 weeks ago

aylesbury

[Removed by poster at 11/03/24 10:46:44]

By *orny DeucesCouple 12 weeks ago

Mansfield

Well an absolute mammoth weekend was had in regards to progress from all that turned up to help Friday and Saturday especially. Now the scaffold has been removed internally W's mood may improve in regards to jokes about shaking pushing and all manner of unspeakable things whiles he's at the top. Alas there is still someway to go before the whole project is complete.

The priority is a plumber to help with a couple of bits.

There is always glossing to do, cleaning is never ending. Anyone who is also a part of the CPS in various aspects feel free to get in touch as we may require a second opinion on a couple of bits.

Today bodies are aching in places that have never ached before if that's not the sign of a good night in a club not sure what is.

By *avflw9Man 12 weeks ago

Alfreton

So frustrating waiting for the re-opening, but appreciation for all the work being put in

By *ittleMissCaliWoman 12 weeks ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I popped in yesterday. Alas my assistance was making a drink and washing up but it is seeming to be making good progress xx

By *eandmrsjones69Couple 12 weeks ago

Middle England

Didn't make it to the original Attic; but from all your efforts will definitely try to get to the new one. Keep up the good work!

By *iasubTV/TS 12 weeks ago

Ilkeston

"Didn't make it to the original Attic; but from all your efforts will definitely try to get to the new one. Keep up the good work!"

Highly recommend it. I obviously cant say too much but it will be amazing when its done and open

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 12 weeks ago

wonderland.

"Didn't make it to the original Attic; but from all your efforts will definitely try to get to the new one. Keep up the good work!

Highly recommend it. I obviously cant say too much but it will be amazing when its done and open "

I concur... Mr hasn't been to the old place. So looking forward to exploring the new place x

By *ina VonteeseTV/TS 12 weeks ago

Leicester

Just wondering what happened to the dogging car at the old venue..

Personal if it went to auction or we buy any car.. it would have made a fortune as a rare collectors piece

By *heEvilWithinWoman 11 weeks ago

Barnsley

Can't wait to see the new venue and although it's tough you guys are showing what a great team you are and how hard you work.

Despite the awful messages you've been getting they aren't really the people you want to support you so don't let it get you down.

You're all amazing and it'll all be worth it in the end

By *ugby FanMan 11 weeks ago

Walsall

[Removed by poster at 17/03/24 09:11:23]

By *onyMad123Couple 11 weeks ago

nottingham/ derby

Update from the official Facebook group

So, again to clarify a couple of things that are entering the rumor mill and not necessarily true or misinformed.

The red tape the club is working to get though is NOT being imposed by the local council. The local council is one of the interested parties involved but they have so far been nothing but 100% helpful and satisfied by our endeavours.

Yes, we are looking into disabled facilities (access, toilet etc) but this has nothing to do with the (age of) the building but more to do with the equalities act 2010 and conforming to part M of building regulations, and of course it's the moral thing to do.

And finally, it will be at least after the Easter weekend before we will recieve any update from some that are involved and thus will not be able to provide any update on opening until at least then.

By *J_OuizziCouple 11 weeks ago

Nottingham

"Update from the official Facebook group

So, again to clarify a couple of things that are entering the rumor mill and not necessarily true or misinformed.

The red tape the club is working to get though is NOT being imposed by the local council. The local council is one of the interested parties involved but they have so far been nothing but 100% helpful and satisfied by our endeavours.

Yes, we are looking into disabled facilities (access, toilet etc) but this has nothing to do with the (age of) the building but more to do with the equalities act 2010 and conforming to part M of building regulations, and of course it's the moral thing to do.

And finally, it will be at least after the Easter weekend before we will recieve any update from some that are involved and thus will not be able to provide any update on opening until at least then."

Thank you for sharing this. Glad to hear that the council are being supportive, and that the club is trying to be as accessible as possible for all.

By *eandmrsjones69Couple 11 weeks ago

Middle England

Thanks for the update; just curious realistically when are you looking at this being open? Just a guide; another 2 months, 4 months or more likely six months.

By *r DerbyMan 11 weeks ago

Derby

"Thanks for the update; just curious realistically when are you looking at this being open? Just a guide; another 2 months, 4 months or more likely six months."

They honestly couldn't give you an answer as depends on the timescale of 3rd party companies.

By *avflw9Man 11 weeks ago

Alfreton

So frustrating! Any alternatives in Derby until the big reopening?

By *oetic licenceCouple 11 weeks ago

Darley Dale

"So frustrating! Any alternatives in Derby until the big reopening?"

Not in Derby, but Purple mamba in Nottingham, chams in darleston, xtasia in west brom, a couple in Leicester. Go onto club reviews and choose east mids, read the reviews and see what tickles your fancy.

By *3xDECouple 11 weeks ago

nottingham

"So frustrating! Any alternatives in Derby until the big reopening?"

Patience is a virtue..... or soo I'm told

Looking forward to seeing the announcement for the reopening, and all efforts are very much appreciated by all contributing to getting it back up and running so we can all get back to enjoying what they have all been working on

By *ookingforfun1970Woman 11 weeks ago

no knickers

I drove past there today and sadly the car parking looks so open to the road. Is there a back entrance that’s a bit more discreet?

By *oetic licenceCouple 11 weeks ago

Darley Dale

"I drove past there today and sadly the car parking looks so open to the road. Is there a back entrance that’s a bit more discreet? "

The main door is off the main road.

no knickers

"I drove past there today and sadly the car parking looks so open to the road. Is there a back entrance that’s a bit more discreet?

The main door is off the main road. "

Off the side street ? Or through the gate next to Jewson?

By *r DerbyMan 11 weeks ago

Derby

"I drove past there today and sadly the car parking looks so open to the road. Is there a back entrance that’s a bit more discreet?

Off the side street ? Or through the gate next to Jewson? "

The main entrance to the car park is through the metal gates next to Jewsons. Yes it's not as discreet as the old place but if you compare it to some other clubs where the entrance to the club is actually on a busy street then it is discreet.

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 11 weeks ago

wonderland.

Off the side street ? Or through the gate next to Jewson?

The main entrance to the car park is through the metal gates next to Jewsons. Yes it's not as discreet as the old place but if you compare it to some other clubs where the entrance to the club is actually on a busy street then it is discreet."

we went to xtasia yesterday and its on the main road and has no private parking. And they do okay. Been to pandoras recently too.. and again you queue up outside on a very busy road

no knickers

Ok thanks for the info, I’ve been to other places too much more public but none of those are close to home.

Maybe just evening fun for me there then.

Thanks x

wonderland.

You could park in one of the other shops carparks and walk down

wonderland.

[Removed by poster at 21/03/24 09:39:02]

no knickers

"You could park in one of the other shops carparks and walk down "

I’ll probably end up doing that

By *hatabox60Man 9 weeks ago

Manchester

Any update to when the fantastic Attic will be up and running? Would like to get planning some visits soon

By *r DerbyMan 9 weeks ago

Derby

"Any update to when the fantastic Attic will be up and running? Would like to get planning some visits soon "

No update as of yet.

By *oetic licenceCouple 9 weeks ago

Darley Dale

Miss you guys. Xxxxx

By *bwlady123Woman 9 weeks ago

private

Getting serious withdrawal now really can’t wait to get back to the club. Wish I was closer so could offer help.

By (user no longer on site) 7 weeks ago

Any recent progress.does Ron and owners of _he attic not have a team of tradespeople to do these jobs that are required.also if random people are turning up to do work are they qualified and will the work pass inspection?

By *orny DeucesCouple 7 weeks ago

Mansfield

"Any recent progress.does Ron and owners of _he attic not have a team of tradespeople to do these jobs that are required.also if random people are turning up to do work are they qualified and will the work pass inspection?"

Ron is the (sole) owner, and how qualified do you need to be to paint and carry things? All work requiring qualified or "competent person" have been done accordingly. Most "inspections are for drainage, non done, floor construction, non done, and fire rated construction, no issues to date. And to answer the first point, plenty of progress internally but that doesn't mean 3rd party stakeholders will drop everything, including aforementioned qualified/competent persons when their services are required.

All stakeholders agree they are not used to a business of the nature _he attic is, especially with the occupancy numbers.

By *r DerbyMan 7 weeks ago

Derby

"Any recent progress.does Ron and owners of _he attic not have a team of tradespeople to do these jobs that are required.also if random people are turning up to do work are they qualified and will the work pass inspection?"

Qualified tradespeople have been doing the work that needs a tradesperson and yes they are qualified.

But these "Random" people you call them are offering there time to do the small jobs like paint, move stuff, and none skilled jobs

As previously mentioned on other posts, we are working to a 3rd parties time frame and we are having conversations all the time to speed up the process.

"Any recent progress.does Ron and owners of _he attic not have a team of tradespeople to do these jobs that are required.also if random people are turning up to do work are they qualified and will the work pass inspection?

Ron is the (sole) owner, and how qualified do you need to be to paint and carry things? All work requiring qualified or "competent person" have been done accordingly. Most "inspections are for drainage, non done, floor construction, non done, and fire rated construction, no issues to date. And to answer the first point, plenty of progress internally but that doesn't mean 3rd party stakeholders will drop everything, including aforementioned qualified/competent persons when their services are required.

All stakeholders agree they are not used to a business of the nature _he attic is, especially with the occupancy numbers."

on this and other posts there have been requests for anyone who can do plumbing.so it's not just people doing an odd bit of painting they have been asking for.thst is why I asked if the jobs being dobe were by professional trades people.i wouldn't want the opening being delayed further by some work a keen DIYer had done that was not upto standard that's all

"The Attic are asking for help this weekend, definitely needing a plumber, but if anyone is free and willing to help out drop The Attic profile a message. Come on, let's help to get the club reopen. I miss everyone. Xxx

How much are they offering to pay for said help ! "

I agree that if someone is giving up time to paint,do plumbing or any other jobs then they should be paid the going rate.

By *r DerbyMan 7 weeks ago

Derby

How much are they offering to pay for said help ! I agree that if someone is giving up time to paint,do plumbing or any other jobs then they should be paid the going rate."

And how do you know that they aren't being paid????

And at the end of the day if someone, like any other tradesperson, doesn't like the pay or job then they don't have to do it.

By *ittle MonkeysCouple 7 weeks ago

Kimberley

How much are they offering to pay for said help ! I agree that if someone is giving up time to paint,do plumbing or any other jobs then they should be paid the going rate.

And how do you know that they aren't being paid????

And at the end of the day if someone, like any other tradesperson, doesn't like the pay or job then they don't have to do it."

If I were a plumber, or any other trade, I would certainly help out FOR FREE as I love the place and the people and want to see the place open. I am sure that I would be looked after in many other ways into the future if I was able to support them now.

Decent people help out their friends when needed.

By *oetic licenceCouple 7 weeks ago

Darley Dale

There's always one.

By *iasubTV/TS 7 weeks ago

Ilkeston

"There's always one. "

Always is

By *JcuriousCouple 6 weeks ago

Derby

Following... Sorry to up the thread and get others excited

Miss S x

By *aucy and BustyCouple 5 weeks ago

Derby (ish)

Latest note says mid may

By *udandBryanCouple 5 weeks ago

Boston

Mid May - woohoo!!!

By * and BCouple 5 weeks ago

Durham

[Removed by poster at 01/05/24 16:23:49]

By * and BCouple 5 weeks ago

Durham

"Mid May - woohoo!!!"

Check out the new Thread from today

https://www.fabswingers.com/forum/clubs/1598152