FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > The Attic

The Attic

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *witchblade Romance OP   Woman 5 weeks ago

Country Bumpkin...

Really enjoyed my time at the Attic club in Derby, I was wondering if any of you lovely people know if the new one is open yet? as I'd heard it had closed?

Many thankyous

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aomilatteCouple 5 weeks ago

Midlands

The new one isn't open yet. Reading comments on other threads it sounds like they may be close to opening but we're all awaiting an opening date. Many people have said good things about the new club being built so we look forward to trying it.

Country Bumpkin...

"The new one isn't open yet. Reading comments on other threads it sounds like they may be close to opening but we're all awaiting an opening date. Many people have said good things about the new club being built so we look forward to trying it."

Muchly appreciated. I'll keep a checking. Looking forward to returning. Exciting times

By *ommHMan 5 weeks ago

Derby

[Removed by poster at 15/04/24 15:00:47]

By *ommHMan 5 weeks ago

Derby

Went past the new place earlier today, still not open no sign of anyone to ask

By *ractorlad3800Man 5 weeks ago

derbyshire

Would love to go to the attic never been before

By *ea monkeyMan 5 weeks ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Went past the new place earlier today, still not open no sign of anyone to ask "

Where is the new venue situated?

By *ommHMan 5 weeks ago

Derby

Ascot Drive on the left just up from the roundabout on London Road

By *ophieslutTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Central

There are lots of posts, often several a week, from people who are excited, etc. The owners have been wonderful.

Here's a comment from Mr Derby, from within the last week.

Update from Attic facebook site.

We hope (as always) to provide the really good news as soon as we can but still at present that news eludes us all. What we can say is as some of you know the project at hand is vast to say the least but we do hope (OK we should have) more available than what was originally planned as some of the extra time has allowed further progress to be made.

We are desperate beyond belief to see you all, and not just because we are sick of the sight of each other. Hopefully soon that news will come we all want and need. From then on it will be full steam ahead to normality. For now thank you for your

Central

"There are lots of posts, often several a week, from people who are excited, etc. The owners have been wonderful.

We hope (as always) to provide the really good news as soon as we can but still at present that news eludes us all. What we can say is as some of you know the project at hand is vast to say the least but we do hope (OK we should have) more available than what was originally planned as some of the extra time has allowed further progress to be made.

We are desperate beyond belief to see you all, and not just because we are sick of the sight of each other. Hopefully soon that news will come we all want and need. From then on it will be full steam ahead to normality. For now thank you for your "

Looks like I missed off patience

I don't represent the Attic, so take a look in the Swinging Club area, for updates.

Country Bumpkin...

"Ascot Drive on the left just up from the roundabout on London Road"

Is it near the old place? Xx

Country Bumpkin...

"There are lots of posts, often several a week, from people who are excited, etc. The owners have been wonderful.

We are desperate beyond belief to see you all, and not just because we are sick of the sight of each other. Hopefully soon that news will come we all want and need. From then on it will be full steam ahead to normality. For now thank you for your "

Thankyou xx

By *iasubTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Ilkeston

[Removed by poster at 15/04/24 17:06:47]

By *ea monkeyMan 5 weeks ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Ascot Drive on the left just up from the roundabout on London Road

Is it near the old place? Xx"

It looks to be

By *oetic licenceCouple 5 weeks ago

Matlock

"Would love to go to the attic never been before "

See you there once it's opened.

derbyshire

"Would love to go to the attic never been before

See you there once it's opened. "

Is it single male friendly , I’m quite a shy guy

By *ommHMan 5 weeks ago

Derby

Not far about a mile I’d guess and very easy to get to x

By *ommHMan 5 weeks ago

Derby

Yes, always found it to be very friendly just join in chat to people and don’t be pushy are my thoughts

By *ommHMan 5 weeks ago

Derby

[Removed by poster at 15/04/24 17:48:22]

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 5 weeks ago

wonderland.

The new place is about 5 mins from the old place. Probably much easier to get to from main roads.

No news as yet but when I've been in I've been amazed at the week in week out progress. It's all looking fabulous. X

I'm anxiously watching the social media and fab updates.

By *rHotNottsMan 5 weeks ago

Dubai

I hope it’s open by June

Central

Is it single male friendly , I’m quite a shy guy "

Yes . The Attic is a very friendly club

By *iasubTV/TS 5 weeks ago

Ilkeston

Its a very friendly club

By *igwoody68Man 5 weeks ago

chesterfield

It’s just over a mile away, if you coming from Derby city centre you could go past the old club, 2nd set of traffic lights ( past coop) turn left and look for Kensington windows on right hand side, it’s just after that and before jewsons, you can even come down London Road and turn right at dunelm island. Tried to upload photo but wouldn’t let me. Hope to see you soon

Country Bumpkin...

"It’s just over a mile away, if you coming from Derby city centre you could go past the old club, 2nd set of traffic lights ( past coop) turn left and look for Kensington windows on right hand side, it’s just after that and before jewsons, you can even come down London Road and turn right at dunelm island. Tried to upload photo but wouldn’t let me. Hope to see you soon "

That's great thankyou xx

Country Bumpkin...

"The new place is about 5 mins from the old place. Probably much easier to get to from main roads.

No news as yet but when I've been in I've been amazed at the week in week out progress. It's all looking fabulous. X

I'm anxiously watching the social media and fab updates. "

By *oetic licenceCouple 5 weeks ago

Matlock

Very friendly. You'll love it. Xx

derbyshire

Is it single male friendly , I’m quite a shy guy

Very friendly. You'll love it. Xx"

I’ll take your word for it and once it’s opened I’ll give it a go

By *agnar73Man 5 weeks ago

Glasgow

If I say ‘in’ that means I’m out?

Cool. Laters!

By * votre serviceMan 5 weeks ago

Birmingham, London , Manchester

"I hope it’s open by June "

June 2024 or June 2028 !!

By *orny DeucesCouple 5 weeks ago

Mansfield

"I hope it’s open by June

June 2024 or June 2028 !! "

Both! And '25, '26, '27 and many more Junes

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

"The new one isn't open yet. Reading comments on other threads it sounds like they may be close to opening but we're all awaiting an opening date. Many people have said good things about the new club being built so we look forward to trying it."
it seems like its been close to opening for months now.dont know if Ron didn't realise how much work was required or if people have let him down but does seem to be taking ages

it does seem like it's taking forever but hopefully it will be open soon.all these delays must be losing Ron a shed load of money.wondering if he will hike up prices to try make up for all the lost revenue

"Went past the new place earlier today, still not open no sign of anyone to ask "
was there no people working there?.was it all shut up?

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 4 weeks ago

wonderland.

the entrance isn't on the main road. You would have to go around the side to find anyone to ask

By *r DerbyMan 4 weeks ago

Derby

"Went past the new place earlier today, still not open no sign of anyone to ask was there no people working there?.was it all shut up?"

Yes people are working there during the day and evenings, just cause you can't see signs if life doesn't mean there isn't any.

And please don't just turn up as it technically is classesed as a building site and the public can't just turn up.

"Went past the new place earlier today, still not open no sign of anyone to ask was there no people working there?.was it all shut up?

Yes people are working there during the day and evenings, just cause you can't see signs if life doesn't mean there isn't any.

And please don't just turn up as it technically is classesed as a building site and the public can't just turn up."

thought they wanted people to turn up to help!!.make your mind up!!

Derby

"Went past the new place earlier today, still not open no sign of anyone to ask was there no people working there?.was it all shut up?

And please don't just turn up as it technically is classesed as a building site and the public can't just turn up.thought they wanted people to turn up to help!!.make your mind up!!"

What I meant is don't just turn up to see if it's open or for a tour. If you are there to help then that is fine.

By *onyMad123Couple 4 weeks ago

nottingham/ derby

Curious Longton, you seem to have alot to say, it's not some huge conspiracy, it will be open when it's open, I'm a bit of a club build widow at the mo which I don't mind, but my partner and Mr derby are busting a gut along with all other staff members AROUND, Full time employment.

Ron's finances are none of your concern so quit your speculation and sly digs, the club is nearly ready to welcome all nice people, so play nicely or not at all

"Curious Longton, you seem to have alot to say, it's not some huge conspiracy, it will be open when it's open, I'm a bit of a club build widow at the mo which I don't mind, but my partner and Mr derby are busting a gut along with all other staff members AROUND, Full time employment.

Ron's finances are none of your concern so quit your speculation and sly digs, the club is nearly ready to welcome all nice people, so play nicely or not at all "

people have been saying its close ti opening for months now!!!

nottingham/ derby

Omg, guys we got a live one here..... it is ready, and has been for ages, as you have been told numerous times, it's the final bits and pending a 3rd party external that cannot be rushed, are you that desperate? Patience

"Omg, guys we got a live one here..... it is ready, and has been for ages, as you have been told numerous times, it's the final bits and pending a 3rd party external that cannot be rushed, are you that desperate? Patience "
right ok if you say so

nottingham/ derby

Yawn .... bored now

By *iasubTV/TS 4 weeks ago

Ilkeston

"Curious Longton, you seem to have alot to say, it's not some huge conspiracy, it will be open when it's open, I'm a bit of a club build widow at the mo which I don't mind, but my partner and Mr derby are busting a gut along with all other staff members AROUND, Full time employment.

Ron's finances are none of your concern so quit your speculation and sly digs, the club is nearly ready to welcome all nice people, so play nicely or not at all people have been saying its close ti opening for months now!!!"

Its not a simple job to do it takes time. Everyone is desperate for it to open but constantly asking wont speed things up. As others have said patience is key and when the time comes it will be worth the wait i can assure you of that. People are there working hard especially around there own lives too and hours are being put it to make the new place more special than the last.

By *ittleMissCali_MrDJCouple 4 weeks ago

wonderland.

"Omg, guys we got a live one here..... it is ready, and has been for ages, as you have been told numerous times, it's the final bits and pending a 3rd party external that cannot be rushed, are you that desperate? Patience right ok if you say so "
you can't rush red tape unfortunately.... but have patience.

Derby

Ron's finances are none of your concern so quit your speculation and sly digs, the club is nearly ready to welcome all nice people, so play nicely or not at all people have been saying its close ti opening for months now!!!"

I'm not sure what you want us to say, when we give you the truth you don't believe us.

The Attic will open, we are just waiting on red tape.

By *carlettxStaxCouple 4 weeks ago

Nottingham

Look forward to visiting when it does open

We'll keep our eyes open for updates

By *orny DeucesCouple 4 weeks ago

Mansfield

"people have been saying its close ti opening for months now!!!"

"Close to opening" can be quite subjective, so much so the club has and does believe it is, those in control of the red tape may have not.

Mansfield

June 2024 or June 2028 !! it does seem like it's taking forever but hopefully it will be open soon.all these delays must be losing Ron a shed load of money.wondering if he will hike up prices to try make up for all the lost revenue "

Prices increases were discussed openly for a long while and formally announced in November prior to the extended closer time.

Mansfield

"Went past the new place earlier today, still not open no sign of anyone to ask was there no people working there?.was it all shut up?"

Its not exactly a 24/7 operation, and even at the stage the club is at you need to wait for something/someone before further progress can be made, maybe at the time someone passed was early/late/a food break, etc.

Mansfield

"thought they wanted people to turn up to help!!.make your mind up!!"

Those that have volunteered their time have been polite enough to say when they re expected to arrive to ensure someone is on site. No unoccupied building/building site allows random people to turn up and be on site, various health and safety stakeholders would have a fit.

Mansfield

The long and short of it is:

The Attic WILL return.

When? As soon as it can.

Why not yet? Red tape that everyone must follow, add in an usual business type and number of people potentially in attendance it complicates things.

How much red tape? Welcome to the modern world we live in, which even the building inspector will tell you, "Grenfell has changed everything".

How's Ron and the team? Stressed and annoyed it hasn't opened yet, but happy with the club and eager to go.

Where is is? Well that info is out there but as the club doesn't need everyone just turning up it won't be reiterated time and time again.

Any update? In short no. But rest assured it will be shouted far and wide as soon as that changes.

By *JcuriousCouple 4 weeks ago

Derby

Wow, if your that desperate there is other clubs whilst you can PATIENTLY wait for Attic to re-open

You make it sound like they are hiding a secret or something, as if they don't want to be open and making money!

Miss S x

nottingham/ derby

Well said

By *rack and FieldMan 3 weeks ago

Doncaster

Bang on

By *traightplayCouple 3 weeks ago

Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 28/04/24 11:44:03]

By *traightplayCouple 3 weeks ago

Nottingham

Spot on

By *oetic licenceCouple 3 weeks ago

Matlock

Wonderful update from the Attic profile. No exact date but opening mid May. Xx

By *witchblade Romance OP   Woman 3 weeks ago

Country Bumpkin...

"Wonderful update from the Attic profile. No exact date but opening mid May. Xx"

Thankyou guys for the update Xx

By *ittleMissCaliWoman 3 weeks ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

It's so exciting... so looking forward to showing Mr around the club... and being a little tiny bit greedy in the cinema

By *rHotNottsMan 2 weeks ago

Dubai

June this year!

Is that unlikely?

By *rHotNottsMan 2 weeks ago

Dubai

"Wow, if your that desperate there is other clubs whilst you can PATIENTLY wait for Attic to re-open

You make it sound like they are hiding a secret or something, as if they don't want to be open and making money!

Miss S x"

Attic has a certain appeal / benefits over many clubs. I think the one in Leeds is closest match

» Add a new message to this topic