FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Adventures in lust

Adventures in lust

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well they have made front page news in the sentinel this morning , iconic night club to be levelled ,

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *aime DowneMan  over a year ago

stoke on trent

and....Atlantis up for sale.... Has been since Spring

"Well they have made front page news in the sentinel this morning , iconic night club to be levelled ,

"

stoke on trent

Suppose all the rumours will start again about myself opening up a new club!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

We have heard you was looking to open a new one. Can not wait to see your ideas put into action.

stoke on trent

"We have heard you was looking to open a new one. Can not wait to see your ideas put into action. "

We messaged them this morning and they said its completely wrong and its only the factory that is to be refurbed, they will be staying put

By *ANDJ1965Couple  over a year ago

stoke on trent

If you need to prove it to yourselves download the documents from LAND REGISTRY. And interesting how Richard Greaves who is the consultant for the developer quoted that the building is to be bulldozed and redeveloped into something that fits in with INTU'S Development.

The Place was an iconic building in it's day but is now in desperate need of redevelopment, shame but a FACT.

END OF AN ERA many good night's spent at the Place back in the day.

It will be a great shame if it is true, we've had great nights there.

The bickering between the people that go to the clubs is just stupid, if you don't like one then just don't go there.

We've been to both and enjoy both!

By *issy louWoman  over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

"We messaged them this morning and they said its completely wrong and its only the factory that is to be refurbed, they will be staying put"

The Factory closed down last weekend as far as I know, Bunker 13 is also closing, so that's 2 out of the 3 clubs gone so looks like it could be true and Adventures will also have to go

By *irtyblondesCouple  over a year ago

stoke

"It will be a great shame if it is true, we've had great nights there.

The bickering between the people that go to the clubs is just stupid, if you don't like one then just don't go there.

We've been to both and enjoy both!"

couldn't agree more xxx

"It will be a great shame if it is true, we've had great nights there.

We've been to both and enjoy both!"

As above we have been to both and think they are both great!

it seems a small minority of pathetic individuals who are intent on working against each other when they really could or should work together to keep the scene alive in the area?

Enough of the bitchy comments on status updates and the little sniping posts let's all play nicely!

That said we are leaving the area so it's not going to make a huge amount of difference to us anymore :0(

Oush Oush right for a start sentinel are not always right ,As i can see a few sour graped peeps would love for adventures in lust to fail ,there is not much chance of that pmsl ,i tell you now it will be around for a very long time as it is to succesfull with clever people behind it ,happy days

"and....Atlantis up for sale.... Has been since Spring

Well they have made front page news in the sentinel this morning , iconic night club to be levelled ,

"

The freehold is up for sale, assume the club is a tenant and has protected tenancy?

By *eathersnlustCouple  over a year ago

stoke

"If you need to prove it to yourselves download the documents from LAND REGISTRY. And interesting how Richard Greaves who is the consultant for the developer quoted that the building is to be bulldozed and redeveloped into something that fits in with INTU'S Development.

The Place was an iconic building in it's day but is now in desperate need of redevelopment, shame but a FACT.

END OF AN ERA many good night's spent at the Place back in the day."

The fact is the whole of the Hope street area is to be redeveloped.

I must admit I have seen the plans. They were on display in the market a few months ago. Hope street will become nothing more than a big slip road to the extended potteries complex.

"If you need to prove it to yourselves download the documents from LAND REGISTRY. And interesting how Richard Greaves who is the consultant for the developer quoted that the building is to be bulldozed and redeveloped into something that fits in with INTU'S Development.

END OF AN ERA many good night's spent at the Place back in the day.

The fact is the whole of the Hope street area is to be redeveloped.

I must admit I have seen the plans. They were on display in the market a few months ago. Hope street will become nothing more than a big slip road to the extended potteries complex."

Some inteligent folk in here who must work for city council pmsl

By *ust Ms LovinWoman  over a year ago

birmingham

have spoken to ed and can confirm that the factory and bunker 13 the clubs next to adventures have been moved , however ed has confirmed that he has a 9 year lease and is not planning on selling the lease anytime soon , if adventures was to close / move then he would let us all know. not everything you read in the paper is true . todays news is tomorrows chip paper . im guessing time will tell but for now adventures is not going anywhere . and it does clearly state in the paper that adventures have not confirmed anything but everyone seems to be ignoring that line .

By *ongton loversCouple  over a year ago

stokeontrent

So the sentinel and the city council planning department are lying and the land registry are wrong?

"So the sentinel and the city council planning department are lying and the land registry are wrong? "
listen dunna worry adventures in lust will always bé the top club in stoke with sexy quality folk happy days

Keep an eye out for adventures in lust no 2 club pmsl

"have spoken to ed and can confirm that the factory and bunker 13 the clubs next to adventures have been moved , however ed has confirmed that he has a 9 year lease and is not planning on selling the lease anytime soon , if adventures was to close / move then he would let us all know. not everything you read in the paper is true . todays news is tomorrows chip paper . im guessing time will tell but for now adventures is not going anywhere . and it does clearly state in the paper that adventures have not confirmed anything but everyone seems to be ignoring that line ."
it must oviously bé buggin some folk ha ha pmsl

Good job we've got a club like _dventuresinlust or else quality ppl wud have to go where they have no teef god cud u imagine if they did they'd want 10yrs younger remake afterwards..

stokeontrent

[Removed by poster at 07/10/14 23:00:03]

[Removed by poster at 07/10/14 23:01:56]

Play nicely now children

"Play nicely now children "
i always try to play nicely lol

I once went to adVentures. Is very big and didn't feel very full even on a Saturday. No one was playing and the bouncers were intimidating. Left just after midnight, would never go again

Hopefully, when the time comes for the building to flattened.....Adventures will already have a new home. We just wanna see the club continue now we've visited.

"

Atlantis up for sale, is this valid info ? Thanks.

Atlantis up for sale, is this valid info ? Thanks."

They are tenants, the freehold is up for sale they have a contract that will transfer to the new freehold owners

Atlantis up for sale, is this valid info ? Thanks.

They are tenants, the freehold is up for sale they have a contract that will transfer to the new freehold owners

"

TBH I thought as much, folks need to differentiate when they state a business is up for sale when its only the freehold property. This happens many times as the tenant business either relocates or carries on the lease with a new landlord, happens all the time, this is how rumours start lol xx

"Hopefully, when the time comes for the building to flattened.....Adventures will already have a new home. We just wanna see the club continue now we've visited. "

"Type 10 william clowes street into google you will see that it is NOT for sale"
lets bé realistic who would want buy it pmsl

By *ohnnjaneCouple  over a year ago

staffs/cheshire border

[Removed by poster at 08/10/14 16:53:00]

birmingham

does it really matter , ive been to both clubs but prefer adventures its a personal opinion and preference , if adventures does have to close then im sure they will relocate but for now its not going anyway the same as alantis , yes the building has been sold and yes they may very well be plans for whatever but we all know these things take time and sometimes a long time , just like the regeneration in burslem , like the new shopping center in hanley blah blah blah lets just all continue to have fun in the club that we prefer and stop all the pettiness , adventures is open now and for the future until i hear otherwise from Ed or avon i will continue to go this club and continue to recommend it to my friends.

"

Really how do know where is it advertised do you know how much it's for sale for ? I know someone who would buy it tomorrow

I have just spoke to Atlantis and its not for sale neither is the freehold so let's all stop this stupid he said she said go to both enjoy both !! your lucky to have two clubs in a small town we don't have one at all and we are the second city oh and please don't say the private club we all know it's not a real swingers club

Sincerely hope that adventures is staying put, we've only just discovered the place and we love it! Hope to see as many of you there for the Halloween party on ge 31st (best way to show support is to keep going ) xxx

"I have just spoke to Atlantis and its not for sale neither is the freehold so let's all stop this stupid he said she said go to both enjoy both !! your lucky to have two clubs in a small town we don't have one at all and we are the second city oh and please don't say the private club we all know it's not a real swingers club"

Agreed all this bickering achieves is that people alienate themselves from one club or the other and equally as important from the members also, its called burning bridges in our book !

birmingham

[Removed by poster at 08/10/14 21:00:01]

birmingham

am having a fab social at adventures on the 12th dec everyone welcome details on my profile xx

The freehold has been sold, adventures have a 9 year lease. The lease agreement may or may not have a buy back clause and I'm guessing by the other 2 businesses moving there is one or the new owners offered a great deal to buy the leases out. Adventures is either looking for a better deal to buy back or resisting it all together. The new owners could take them to court and get them evicted but that would depend what's in the lease.

Either way, it's going to take a long time to sort out and I'd say adventures won't close, it will just move.

As for the fighting about which club is better etc, jeez there are plenty of swingers and clubs about for everyone, what's good for one isn't always good for another, ppl make their owe choices and ppl should respect that.

We've not been to either club,but might well pay a visit one day and let's hope both clubs stay open and are enjoyed by ppl for many years.

By *limandslenderCouple  over a year ago

stoke on trent

"The freehold has been sold, adventures have a 9 year lease. The lease agreement may or may not have a buy back clause and I'm guessing by the other 2 businesses moving there is one or the new owners offered a great deal to buy the leases out. Adventures is either looking for a better deal to buy back or resisting it all together. The new owners could take them to court and get them evicted but that would depend what's in the lease.

Either way, it's going to take a long time to sort out and I'd say adventures won't close, it will just move.

As for the fighting about which club is better etc, jeez there are plenty of swingers and clubs about for everyone, what's good for one isn't always good for another, ppl make their owe choices and ppl should respect that.

We've not been to either club,but might well pay a visit one day and let's hope both clubs stay open and are enjoyed by ppl for many years."

By *dventuresinlustCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

This Saturday is Basques & Bikers, and as a special treat, we've got a fabulous BIG motorbike coming into the club. So if you'd like to take some photos on the bike, discreetly, of course, you'll be MORE than welcome. Please try to get in early, cos these nights always go MAD, and there are queues in reception. And who wants to be in a queue when you could be straddled across a throbbing bike (or biker)

By *ets get swinging2Couple  over a year ago

Stoke

Never really understood why so many people have involved themselves in someone else's argument. Both clubs are excellent so why not use and enjoy them both to increase the number of likeminded people you can meet and not badmouth either club if you've never been?

Misplaced loyalty has a lot to answer for, the management of each aren't your friends in the true meaning of the word, they are business people who correctly just want your money, custom and free advertising (best club this, only place to be that, blah blah blah)

Competition is also good for us, the customer. Prices have been reduced and improvements have been made to entice us in, should one or the other close, the prices will soon rise again at everyone's expense.

The simple answer, go to Atlantis, Adventures or wherever replaces them, (or ideally both). Have fun and don't make a song and dance about it, especially if you have the literacy skills of a three year old or have an unhealthy fixation despite your senior years. xxx

"Never really understood why so many people have involved themselves in someone else's argument. Both clubs are excellent so why not use and enjoy them both to increase the number of likeminded people you can meet and not badmouth either club if you've never been?

Misplaced loyalty has a lot to answer for, the management of each aren't your friends in the true meaning of the word, they are business people who correctly just want your money, custom and free advertising (best club this, only place to be that, blah blah blah)

Competition is also good for us, the customer. Prices have been reduced and improvements have been made to entice us in, should one or the other close, the prices will soon rise again at everyone's expense.

The simple answer, go to Atlantis, Adventures or wherever replaces them, (or ideally both). Have fun and don't make a song and dance about it, especially if you have the literacy skills of a three year old or have an unhealthy fixation despite your senior years. xxx"

if i remember there used be only one club in stoke burslem and its all started because i believe they barred lots of decent respected peeps for no reasons really The adventures opened with lovely owners then there was alot of spite due to adventures opening which to me is a joke really ,if u open a chippy and another chippy opens around the corner thats just tough u just get on with it its nice to have two clubs in stoke but unfortunately people have resented Adventures in lust

"Never really understood why so many people have involved themselves in someone else's argument. Both clubs are excellent so why not use and enjoy them both to increase the number of likeminded people you can meet and not badmouth either club if you've never been?

The simple answer, go to Atlantis, Adventures or wherever replaces them, (or ideally both). Have fun and don't make a song and dance about it, especially if you have the literacy skills of a three year old or have an unhealthy fixation despite your senior years. xxx if i remember there used be only one club in stoke burslem and its all started because i believe they barred lots of decent respected peeps for no reasons really The adventures opened with lovely owners then there was alot of spite due to adventures opening which to me is a joke really ,if u open a chippy and another chippy opens around the corner thats just tough u just get on with it its nice to have two clubs in stoke but unfortunately people have resented Adventures in lust "

There is always two sides to every story. But people don't need to read about it.

Continuing it just makes both sides look idiots

stoke

Why hav'nt the club owners replied in the forum. It would be better to hear the truth !.

"Why hav'nt the club owners replied in the forum. It would be better to hear the truth !.

"

Maybe they want to dot the I's and cross the t's before announcing anything

stoke

Its kinda funny that they won't answer a few basic questions in the forum.

You dont discuss buisness with customers pmsl

Northampton

Hi Folks.

Ed & Maureen here from Adventures. We just thought we’d pop into the forum to set the record straight about Adventures. As we’re the managers of the club, you can assume that we know what we’re talking about.

Unfortunately, due to misreporting by the local newspaper, and more than a fair share of gossip mongering, a few people have been under the impression that Adventures is going to be closing. It’s not.

I can assure all concerned that the plans for this area of Hanley are LONG TERM, and that Adventures is completely safe. This will come as fantastic news some people, and a bitter disappointment to others. Whichever side of the fence, you’re on, the FACT is that Adventures’ lease on our club extends into the 2020’s, and we remain totally focused on bringing you the best swinging and fetish/bdsm club that we possibly can.

People who know us will know that we are not interested in local club politics. We simply want to bring you a venue where you can enjoy your swinging, and have FUN. After all, isn’t that what swinging’s supposed to be about?

For that reason, we won’t be responding to the barrage of questions that this post will undoubtedly generate. But I will repeat that Adventures is here to stay. Hope that clears up any remaining questions, and allows people concentrate on more important things – like SEX. And SEX.

Regards, Ed, Maur & the Gang.

XXXX

By *amesandRuthCouple  over a year ago

Denton

Well non of the above is actually true. The pending demolition is now listed under the sentinel's own planning notices page. Just go to the sentinel main web page and click news then scroll down till you see the new story, placed today, with regard to the above.

Now if you still say that the sentinel have it wrong then perhaps you might trust Stoke on Trents own Planning Applications Dept/Pages? Go to Stoke on trents .gov page and then click planning, then click planning applications in the middle of the page and then type Bryan Street into the search box, it takes a little bit of time till the results appear but when they do you can download the planning applications 6 pages for demolition including the outline plan marked in green which includes the baby shop and all buildings down to brewery street so let's be clear that would be Factory, Bunker and Adventures. The proposal date for demolition is 16 November 2014 and completion by 22 Feb 2015.

I ask nobody to believe anything till you have downloaded the documents and read them for yourselves.

By *andC2013Couple  over a year ago

Stoke on Trent

Fair play to adventures for having such a long lease until 2020, if they decide to stay put they will have to build the new Development around them , or if they get paid off it will be a massive payout because of the length of the remaining lease - either way they cannot lose -fair play.

Then again the planning application could be totally true and it gets knocked down next month but only time will tell as the truth always comes out in the end!

Either way lets hope everyone can get along in the future and have some happy swinging in stoke!

By *endynsampsonCouple  over a year ago

Runcorn

[Removed by poster at 21/10/14 22:24:57]

Northampton

Ed from Adventures here again! I don’t think we’ve ever posted so much on FAB. We're getting to like it here.

For those who are interested in the TRUTH, rather than the tittle tattle, please visit http://goo.gl/ytb3ve where you can read the application for yourself.

While you’re there, check out Box 5 and note that it refers only to VACANT premises. Adventures is certainly not vacant, nor will it be vacant anytime soon!!!

So...., when the date of November 16th passes, and Adventures is continuing to go from strength to strength, I wonder if James, Ruth and their friends have the courage to admit that they have intentionally misled everyone on this forum? I doubt it. But at least everyone here on FAB will realize that you can’t believe a word they say.

Adventures is here to stay – sorry if that disappoints some folks, but that’s just the way it is

stokeontrent

Awaiting public apology to be printed in the sentinel

But hey let's all not hold our breath

[Removed by poster at 23/10/14 18:02:00]

"Ed from Adventures here again! I don’t think we’ve ever posted so much on FAB. We're getting to like it here.

For those who are interested in the TRUTH, rather than the tittle tattle, please visit http://goo.gl/ytb3ve where you can read the application for yourself.

While you’re there, check out Box 5 and note that it refers only to VACANT premises. Adventures is certainly not vacant, nor will it be vacant anytime soon!!!

So...., when the date of November 16th passes, and Adventures is continuing to go from strength to strength, I wonder if James, Ruth and their friends have the courage to admit that they have intentionally misled everyone on this forum? I doubt it. But at least everyone here on FAB will realize that you can’t believe a word they say.

Adventures is here to stay – sorry if that disappoints some folks, but that’s just the way it is "

I've had some fantastic nights in Adventures, I'd go a lot more if I was allowed to go on a Saturday night as a single guy but I'm not. I hope that Adventures keeps going because it's one of my favourite clubs to play in.

Seeing as though a lot of people that go there are reading this forum subject, does anyone know a Karen, in a mf couple, who is blonde and slim? I had the pleasure of playing with her in there on my last visit and I'd love to get in touch with her.

Also, any single females that would like to go to the November 1st Saturday night Halloween party in there, please get in touch because last years party was amazing and I'd really like to go to this years.

I think that's everything : )

Make love not war!

Denton

You must think that people are stupid. The documents are all there to see. They are not imagined, made up, or placed with stoke council planning dept as a wind up. They are real and they include three documents that outline the boundary line of the demolition area which includes 47 57 and 67 Bryan Street. Your lease has already expired and the premises were not issued with an extension. Anyone can find that out by ringing stoke council or the agents for the developers.

Denton

We also see that the developers have blocked off the car park ready for plant vehicles to arrive.

stoke on trent

Don't be silly we all know Adventures In Lustleigh is staying Ed has told everyone (FACT). They are just going to flatten the rest of Bryan Street and leave Adventures standing on it's own.

The car park has been blocked not for demolition vehicles but so that Adventures can expand and take over the whole of the Midlands.

Ed has all the money in the world to take on the organisation that owns the land and that will be taking him to court over refusing to leave the building that his lease has expired on and that he has no legal right over what so ever.

But remember Ed knows what he is doing cause he is always right.

Go for it Ed take on the big organisation take them all the way to court don't let them walk over you mate. Show them who is boss. Can't wait to see what happens mate.

Then you can prove to everyone that the landlord, the Sentinel, S-O-T Council and everyone else that has ever doubted you to be anything other than 100% truthful are WRONG (FACT) Ain't it mate.

REMEMBER PEOPLE THE TRUTH ALWAYS COMES OUT.

stoke on trent

Lust, flaming predictive text.

By *tokeyboy2010Man  over a year ago

happy place

Children children

All this tittle tattle is boring..

I've heard that adventures is here to stay for good as per the owners comments above..

And to prove it, rumour has it that they are having the best bonfire of any swingers clubs in the midlands, with the date of 16th November penciled in...

I'll be there.. Best club in town but will someone be there to light my rocket for me ????

If we ask nicely to the demo contractors will help build the fire..

stokeontrent

Do you lot mean I'll be waiting a long time for this published apology in the sentinel to Ed? and here I was believing everything that Ed said was honest and truthful

"Children children

All this tittle tattle is boring..

I've heard that adventures is here to stay for good as per the owners comments above..

And to prove it, rumour has it that they are having the best bonfire of any swingers clubs in the midlands, with the date of 16th November penciled in...

I'll be there.. Best club in town but will someone be there to light my rocket for me ????

If we ask nicely to the demo contractors will help build the fire.. "

Hi - This sounds really interesting and I loved Adventures when I went!

Any chance you could pm me with more details if you have them please? xx

stoke on trent

Well I am sure Ed will be in touch shortly he always makes sure that everyone is kept up to date with the truth does our Ed he never wants anyone to be lied to he believes in telling the truth the hole truth and nothing but the truth. Top bloke our Ed.

Don't keep the lady waiting Ed tell her what's going on mate. Set the record straight.