FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > Is January a quiet time at clubs?

Is January a quiet time at clubs?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *roberts OP   Couple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Hi everyone.

Just wanted some advice really on socials/clubs in January and whether it's likely to be quiet after Christmas?

We had a really disappointing time just prior to Christmas with our first ever club visit which was hugely surprising to us as all we had read was how busy and how good it was going to be , which in reality it was poor to say the least. Whether we picked a quiet night we're not sure but hey , it's done and we're looking to move on . In light of this we're looking to try again.

Myself and my wife are looking to meet black guys in a social setting and we're looking at _tasia for 1 of 2 Friday's in January we just wanted to know if that's a good idea to go at this time ? or whether to wait until February ? As we don't want a situation we had last time when only a handful of black guys arrived.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ymruambythCouple  over a year ago

grantham

Which club did you try in Dec?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

jan may be little quieter at clubs after peeps have been xmas &/or new year sales spending.if you want to meet more than a handful of black guys i'd suggest going to a bmfc or a black on white meet,advertised most months on events / clubs page.

Leicestershire

[Removed by poster at 28/12/16 14:31:55]

By *XHNHWoman  over a year ago

Stokeish...

I think everywhere is quieter in Jan tbh, however I didn't go to any clubs in December due to being so busy and a lot of friends were he same, November BMFC at _tasia was rammed - I probably won't be out much in January tbh, and will be out in Feb more and I'm an _tasia goer and often go to BMFC x

By *MFC PartiesWoman  over a year ago

Here, There & Everywhere

"BMFC Radlett"

Just noticed this post

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed, however with 113 guests in attendance i'm not too sure how many you need for a party to be 'busy'

There were 30 Single Black Guys not to mention the Interracial and Black couples that were there too

Leicestershire

"jan may be little quieter at clubs after peeps have been xmas &/or new year sales spending.if you want to meet more than a handful of black guys i'd suggest going to a bmfc or a black on white meet,advertised most months on events / clubs page."

Thank you . we've had a look for those but couldn't see any at the moment , it was BMFC that we tried , I think we may have been unlucky as maybe everyone was doing other things before Christmas . All the reviews point to a great time we just didn't see it. We were amazed to say the least .

By *tasiaCouple  over a year ago

West Bromwich

"jan may be little quieter at clubs after peeps have been xmas &/or new year sales spending.if you want to meet more than a handful of black guys i'd suggest going to a bmfc or a black on white meet,advertised most months on events / clubs page.

Thank you . we've had a look for those but couldn't see any at the moment , it was BMFC that we tried , I think we may have been unlucky as maybe everyone was doing other things before Christmas . All the reviews point to a great time we just didn't see it. We were amazed to say the least . "

December was certainly quieter than normal for BMFC but to say a handful...unless you've got very big hands, lol. As Helen said, her numbers are smack on, and it was also the BMFC night to help out charity wise, and the guys more than performed in that department, with loads of presents brought in for us. Maybe you left early??

Anyway, to answer the question, we have no idea really. We never know who is going to walk through the door, even with guest lists, as even those folks add to with no intention of ever showing up, or something crops up like a car break down etc. All we can suggest is try, and see how it goes. 2nd Friday of the month is BMFC night, so Jan's is 13th. Hope to see you again.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Last time I was at Chams, at the end of November, it was so quiet when I arrived late afternoon/early evening. At about ten o`clock the place was really busy so like our friends from Xtasia said, you don`t know until they arrive!

Leicestershire

"jan may be little quieter at clubs after peeps have been xmas &/or new year sales spending.if you want to meet more than a handful of black guys i'd suggest going to a bmfc or a black on white meet,advertised most months on events / clubs page.

Thank you . we've had a look for those but couldn't see any at the moment , it was BMFC that we tried , I think we may have been unlucky as maybe everyone was doing other things before Christmas . All the reviews point to a great time we just didn't see it. We were amazed to say the least . December was certainly quieter than normal for BMFC but to say a handful...unless you've got very big hands, lol. As Helen said, her numbers are smack on, and it was also the BMFC night to help out charity wise, and the guys more than performed in that department, with loads of presents brought in for us. Maybe you left early??

Anyway, to answer the question, we have no idea really. We never know who is going to walk through the door, even with guest lists, as even those folks add to with no intention of ever showing up, or something crops up like a car break down etc. All we can suggest is try, and see how it goes. 2nd Friday of the month is BMFC night, so Jan's is 13th. Hope to see you again.

"

Thank you _tasia .

Yes we're considering that date or possibly February .

As much as I like Xtasia the size of the club I think can create the illusion that it is quieter than it actually is.

As for January I think most things slow down but you can never tell. I would guess first weekend or 2 will be quiet thanks to new year hangovers and people waiting to be paid

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Yes, January is normally quieter in clubs, as is the run up to Christmas. A busy couple of weeks over Xmas and New Year, and a quiet Jan. Try the last weekend in January, it picks up again then.

By *eeleyWoman  over a year ago

Dudley

"Hi everyone.

Just wanted some advice really on socials/clubs in January and whether it's likely to be quiet after Christmas?

We had a really disappointing time just prior to Christmas with our first ever club visit which was hugely surprising to us as all we had read was how busy and how good it was going to be , which in reality it was poor to say the least. Whether we picked a quiet night we're not sure but hey , it's done and we're looking to move on . In light of this we're looking to try again.

Myself and my wife are looking to meet black guys in a social setting and we're looking at _tasia for 1 of 2 Friday's in January we just wanted to know if that's a good idea to go at this time ? or whether to wait until February ? As we don't want a situation we had last time when only a handful of black guys arrived.

Thank you "

Try the ffff at _tasia on the 27th January, it's always a massive turn out and it's great for networking.

Usually quiet in January from what I can remember of other years. But got my name down for the party at Townhouse on Sat 28th Jan. Think people maybe coming back out to play after payday

"Hi everyone.

Thank you "

never been to _tasia - but been to clubs on quiet afternoons and have actually enjoyed the quieter vibe, usually see genuine swingers out in the afternoon - and no-one has been d*unk, just sexy people seeking sexy fun

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

The BMFC nights at No 3 Chorley seem to be really popular and they get great reviews. It's not a huge club like the others that have been mentioned but it gets a loyal following and it's more intimate feel may be more to your liking?

As for January...well it can be really hit and miss. We have had really surprising mid month Saturdays that have been super busy; as if people need their normality back after Xmas...in truth, this Jan at Townhouse I expect the Fet nights to be busy, Monday 9th Jan (milf monday) Saturday 13th Jan and Saturday 28th Jan. Our Wednesday nights are consistently busy and I don't expect this to change as it's a cheap entry. The other nights...your guess is as good as mine!

Any club that says they will be busy throughout January is fibbing...we just can't gauge it. Historically for us though, February has been the quieter one except for Valentines.

I've wittered more than I wanted!! lol

Good luck for your 2nd club visit xx

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

I would normally say from my club experience that other than the big club party December appears to be quiet as people are doing vanilla parties

Also I find that first and last weeks of school holdidays tend to be a bit queit

Jan can be a great time to network As clubs are a little quieter and opertunity to meet new people

By *inderellaRockerfellazCouple  over a year ago

warrington

"Hi everyone.

Thank you "

We hope that you find the right club for you & perhaps you would enjoy Cupids & our guests & members. Mid January will typically see the club scene start to pick up - the reality is a quieter club can sometimes offer the best of experiences.

Cupids "where the customer comes first"

"BMFC Radlett

Just noticed this post

Sorry to hear that you were disappointed, however with 113 guests in attendance i'm not too sure how many you need for a party to be 'busy'

There were 30 Single Black Guys not to mention the Interracial and Black couples that were there too

"

» Add a new message to this topic