FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Club Discussion > AbFabs/Kestrals Closure

AbFabs/Kestrals Closure

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *inkyandsweet OP   Couple  over a year ago

SW London

Where is everyone who used to go to AbFabs/Kestrals going to go since it’s closed as of today????

We used to go up on weekday evenings as well as weekend nights and wondered what everyone’s plans were now....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Where is everyone who used to go to AbFabs/Kestrals going to go since it’s closed as of today????

We used to go up on weekday evenings as well as weekend nights and wondered what everyone’s plans were now...."

noooooo that's sad ......refurb?

We heard they been closed by the local council..currently looking for new premises.

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

YUP I had the email this morning.

I was planning on going next week too.

Sad to see it go.

By *issVeryWoman  over a year ago

streatham

So gutted we weren’t informed earlier so we could go for one last hooray!!

The potential new premises they had floating about last ear looked too much like an indoor gym-type pool look: it’s just won’t be the same...

Siigh

SW London

Been going there for over 7 years........

Do you think Hellfire will take up some of the punters?????

"So gutted we weren’t informed earlier so we could go for one last hooray!!

The potential new premises they had floating about last ear looked too much like an indoor gym-type pool look: it’s just won’t be the same...

Siigh"

Yes they should of had a last bash!!

SW London

"YUP I had the email this morning.

I was planning on going next week too.

Sad to see it go.

"

We were going to go tonight!!

Why has it closed

Near Marlborough

"Why has it closed"

The email to members was not specific.... said they’d been fighting a long battle with the council to keep Kestrel and AbFabParties opn, thankyou to punters and that it must now close. Mentions looking for new premises.. not the end.. watch out for us reopening.

That’s it

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"Why has it closed

The email to members was not specific.... said they’d been fighting a long battle with the council to keep Kestrel and AbFabParties opn, thankyou to punters and that it must now close. Mentions looking for new premises.. not the end.. watch out for us reopening.

That’s it "

Oh that’s a shame! It was on my list of places to try this summer! X

They had been involved in a long running battle with Spelthorne Council - the pretext was a planning issue (erection of unpermitted permanent structures in green belt) but this was an obvious proxy for the anti-sex brigade. Kestrel had lost every legal battle so this was an inevitability. Don't know why the sudden decision today. Gutted for myself and also the lovely staff...

Bugger we never even made it there

"Why has it closed

That’s it

Oh that’s a shame! It was on my list of places to try this summer! X"

damn again not far from me

[Removed by poster at 06/02/18 07:40:16]

"Where is everyone who used to go to AbFabs/Kestrals going to go since it’s closed as of today????

We used to go up on weekday evenings as well as weekend nights and wondered what everyone’s plans were now...."

Vanilla Alternative.

By *r_CandyMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Such a shame!

I’d been there a couple of times!

I was planning another trip guess I won’t now.....

We used to go up on weekday evenings as well as weekend nights and wondered what everyone’s plans were now....

Vanilla Alternative."

Hardly an alternative if you like a pool!

"They had been involved in a long running battle with Spelthorne Council - the pretext was a planning issue (erection of unpermitted permanent structures in green belt) but this was an obvious proxy for the anti-sex brigade. Kestrel had lost every legal battle so this was an inevitability. Don't know why the sudden decision today. Gutted for myself and also the lovely staff... "

What doesn't make sense with this is the stable block & pool were there when they bought the place I think that only the boiler house/changing room and sauna were not but had been there for as long as I was a member which is near on 10 years. Such a shame and sounds like you said anti sex brigade strike again.

By *uzzbuzzCouple  over a year ago

guildford

Arousals to party with The Playgrounds crew and Chez Moi for a soak in the hot tub

"Arousals to party with The Playgrounds crew and Chez Moi for a soak in the hot tub "

Arousals has no pool and is not open daytimes!

By *ettyboop61Woman  over a year ago

St Neots

[Removed by poster at 06/02/18 09:04:21]

St Neots

"Arousals to party with The Playgrounds crew and Chez Moi for a soak in the hot tub

Arousals has no pool and is not open daytimes! "

And not really a place to chill.....a bit dark inside too didn't really get that vibe when I went....not for me .....

By *lovisMan  over a year ago

Twickenham

"Arousals to party with The Playgrounds crew and Chez Moi for a soak in the hot tub

Arousals has no pool and is not open daytimes! "

Thats going to be the main issue with finding somewhere. The midnight float under the stars on a hot night was a massive part of Kestrels USP. At Eurekas the pool shuts at 8 ish.

Kestrels and playground events are my two favourite places, Mainly because of the people, life long friends made and atmospheres that are friendly and inclusive. As a single woman I have felt safe at both x

By *errysMan  over a year ago

milton keynes and kent

Pleasures has a hot covered (same as kestrels) swimming pool, two Jacuzzis, sauna, showers, dungeon, lounge, playrooms,dancefloor, byob bar, etc.

Oh and its clean.

Opening times/days let it down a bit though, as a replacement.

See you all there friday night

"Pleasures has a hot covered (same as kestrels) swimming pool, two Jacuzzis, sauna, showers, dungeon, lounge, playrooms,dancefloor, byob bar, etc.

Oh and its clean.

Opening times/days let it down a bit though, as a replacement.

See you all there friday night

"

Sounds good.

Near Marlborough

Ooooh I’ve never been to Pleasures

By *ordlucanMan  over a year ago

London

A major issue is that they weren’t licensed as a sex club. They said they were a health/ naturist club so by hosting swingers events they essentially breached their licenses. Plus they didn’t have planning to erect a number of structures. So add in neighbours who weren’t best pleased and they were always on to a loosing battle.

I’ve enjoyed many fun nights there over the past 11 years, but I don’t have much sympathy with them as they essentially brought it on themselves and i don’t think it’s been a top rank swinging location for several years

By *esires of HertsCouple  over a year ago

Herts and London Borders

Even if they find a location, they still have to apply for licences etc and with the run in the owners had with council officials, they may find this counts against them. Not on a legal grounds necessarily but human nature for people not to forget past battles

milton keynes and kent

[Removed by poster at 06/02/18 13:47:21]

St Neots

"A major issue is that they weren’t licensed as a sex club. They said they were a health/ naturist club so by hosting swingers events they essentially breached their licenses. Plus they didn’t have planning to erect a number of structures. So add in neighbours who weren’t best pleased and they were always on to a loosing battle.

I’ve enjoyed many fun nights there over the past 11 years, but I don’t have much sympathy with them as they essentially brought it on themselves and i don’t think it’s been a top rank swinging location for several years"

I have to disagree with you there.....much better than most clubs..... everything free!!! Which most people tend to forget!!! .....

By *pforitareyouCouple  over a year ago

Heathrow

They never had to apply as a sex club,no club does,what takes place simply has to be legal and nobody challenges this being perfectly legal as consenting adults,the club is a club and as such required a club license,i could describe which license but that may be a bit too much on this forum but the key here is the premises were never considered to be anything than the house and home originally constructed and the council would not let this home be converted to a business premises and that has been the lawsuit of nearly 5 yrs now,change of use of a home. Surrey believed they could not lose any housing stock in this area as already so short of homes so now it reverts to a home again as intended under its license,you can argue the councilors may have been swayed if it wasn't a swinging club but they have no legal basis to allow these thoughts to affect there decision.

Whats SilverLeigh Naturist Club like?

By *iscreet UnicornWoman  over a year ago

Windsor-ish

Sad for the staff who are now unemployed.

Be nice if they are offered their jobs back once new premises are found x

I'm there now, there's a chalkboard at the gate with simply CLOSED written on it, such a waste, council twats

St Neots

"Sad for the staff who are now unemployed.

Be nice if they are offered their jobs back once new premises are found x"

I'm sure they will

By *ecretlyASoftieWoman  over a year ago

Hull but travel regularly

"Sad for the staff who are now unemployed.

Be nice if they are offered their jobs back once new premises are found x

I'm sure they will "

I’m sure the staff will be the first in line for new jobs and quite rightly so

By *ife of RobinWoman  over a year ago

northwood

I am devastated! I used the warm pool to keep my joints moving!!!! And it was a place for me to rest in the Harem room! Gutted is an understatement!

By *rattyPrincessWoman  over a year ago

hemel hempstead

"Arousals to party with The Playgrounds crew and Chez Moi for a soak in the hot tub "

Love playgrounds parties, such hard work put into every event. X

By *obin_and_marionMan  over a year ago

Beaconsfield

"Even if they find a location, they still have to apply for licences etc and with the run in the owners had with council officials, they may find this counts against them. Not on a legal grounds necessarily but human nature for people not to forget past battles "

Not relevant if its in a different council area.

By *esires of HertsCouple  over a year ago

Herts and London Borders

You will find that many Councillors from different councils are friends and refer to each other, off record..

By *ishopstippleMan  over a year ago

Purley

"They never had to apply as a sex club,no club does,what takes place simply has to be legal and nobody challenges this being perfectly legal as consenting adults,the club is a club and as such required a club license,i could describe which license but that may be a bit too much on this forum but the key here is the premises were never considered to be anything than the house and home originally constructed and the council would not let this home be converted to a business premises and that has been the lawsuit of nearly 5 yrs now,change of use of a home. Surrey believed they could not lose any housing stock in this area as already so short of homes so now it reverts to a home again as intended under its license,you can argue the councilors may have been swayed if it wasn't a swinging club but they have no legal basis to allow these thoughts to affect there decision. "

Until the council allow the bulldozers in to prepare it for the 3rd runway, and save themselves from paying the business surcharges in the process.

Thay always knew it would happen and had hoped to hold out for compulsory purchase order for Heathrow expansion. Now poor things as no business now want get nearly as much money for the site I don’t think. But good luck and wish you best for the Future.

By *he RingmasterMan  over a year ago

Canford Cliffs

"They never had to apply as a sex club,no club does,what takes place simply has to be legal and nobody challenges this being perfectly legal as consenting adults,the club is a club and as such required a club license,i could describe which license but that may be a bit too much on this forum but the key here is the premises were never considered to be anything than the house and home originally constructed and the council would not let this home be converted to a business premises and that has been the lawsuit of nearly 5 yrs now,change of use of a home. Surrey believed they could not lose any housing stock in this area as already so short of homes so now it reverts to a home again as intended under its license,you can argue the councilors may have been swayed if it wasn't a swinging club but they have no legal basis to allow these thoughts to affect there decision.

Until the council allow the bulldozers in to prepare it for the 3rd runway, and save themselves from paying the business surcharges in the process. "

The third runway will more than likely be to the north of the airport

By the time they get round to putting in a fourth over Stanwell Moor most of us will be dust

By *aughtyboytmMan  over a year ago

Burgess Hill

I had a lovely time with you guys.. hope we can do it again somewhere...

I’ll be hanging into my membership card just in case.

The Heathrow expansion does not affect that area at all, it's all north of there so the closure is unconnected to that, the bungalow and outbùildings won't be demolished any time soon. The Heathrow plans are available to view online.

By *BW SnowbunnyWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere over the Rainbow

Eurekas is offering free silver membership to all kestrels/abfab members that can produce their membership card

By *oiretblancCouple  over a year ago

London

This forum simply isn't the place to try and analyse council decisions. The OP wants to know where we are all going to have sex from now on...

Hellfire have great evenings that will now be full.

Arousals has the regular Playgrounds parties which are fantastic.

Radletts has great facilities for outdoor lovers.

Eurekas provides wonderful pastoral settings.

If I had a bit of cash I would see a huge opportunity for a new club!

By *rHornyGentMan  over a year ago

South East London

"This forum simply isn't the place to try and analyse council decisions. The OP wants to know where we are all going to have sex from now on...

If I had a bit of cash I would see a huge opportunity for a new club!"

Maybe someone should start crowdfunding lol

By *ral ExtraordinaireMan  over a year ago

Kent

"Bugger we never even made it there "

Ditto

The thing with councils is they are just faceless organisations.

By *n2cplCouple  over a year ago

swindon

Blimey. Good job I checked here as we never had an email.

So sad.

I hardly doubt that the swinging community would protest on mass, I mean wouldn't we look like a bunch of idiots storming staines council offices with banners and chanting wearing animal masks to protect our anonymity?

Perhaps that's why the council targeted fabs coz they knew no one would protest.

Let's face it half of the local councillors where probably regulars anyway!

I never quite made it to Abfabs before so can't say how it compares but Hellfire club seemed pretty decent. Has been extremely quiet on 2 occasions of going.

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)  over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

"This forum simply isn't the place to try and analyse council decisions. The OP wants to know where we are all going to have sex from now on...

If I had a bit of cash I would see a huge opportunity for a new club!"

So where in the country would you suggest, as I have a post looking for a club for sale in Kent but maybe I need to explore further afield.

By *exatooCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouth/ Fuerteventura

If I had a bit of cash I would see a huge opportunity for a new club!

So where in the country would you suggest, as I have a post looking for a club for sale in Kent but maybe I need to explore further afield. "

Bournemouth/Christchurch area

There is virtually nothing on the south coast. Bghs the exception.

A decent classy establishment maybe Bournemouth,new Forrest area would be perfect.

Especially considering its proximity to studland.

Shame,

It was a great place to chill out on a trip to the smoke.

Not sure what else is as convenient and laid back.

Q

By *ipsy74Woman  over a year ago

Maidstone

I have been to Abfabs and loved it but started going to Pleasures in Kent a year ago and love it there. Every place is different but the people at Pleasures are great and it has lots of play rooms and a small lush heated pool etc. Worth a look x x I love it x x

By *oiretblancCouple  over a year ago

London

"I hardly doubt that the swinging community would protest on mass, I mean wouldn't we look like a bunch of idiots storming staines council offices with banners and chanting wearing animal masks to protect our anonymity?

Perhaps that's why the council targeted fabs coz they knew no one would protest.

Let's face it half of the local councillors where probably regulars anyway!"

There is no swinging community !! Certainly not in a political sense.

"I have been to Abfabs and loved it but started going to Pleasures in Kent a year ago and love it there. Every place is different but the people at Pleasures are great and it has lots of play rooms and a small lush heated pool etc. Worth a look x x I love it x x "

Just too far for those of us on the west or north of London.

By *livexMan  over a year ago

richmond

I've heard from a good source that once the structures are dealt with it's likely to reopen. I hope so. I went in opening night and was third in! Many great nights although not been for a year now

milton keynes and kent

"I have been to Abfabs and loved it but started going to Pleasures in Kent a year ago and love it there. Every place is different but the people at Pleasures are great and it has lots of play rooms and a small lush heated pool etc. Worth a look x x I love it x x "

"I've heard from a good source that once the structures are dealt with it's likely to reopen. I hope so. I went in opening night and was third in! Many great nights although not been for a year now "

It’s unlikely to reopen there. Graham is looking at other locations.

By *tonMessCouple  over a year ago

Slough Windsor ish

"I've heard from a good source that once the structures are dealt with it's likely to reopen. I hope so. I went in opening night and was third in! Many great nights although not been for a year now "

I dont know where your source got that idea, the outbuildings have gone and much of the house has been ripped out. True Graham is still fighting over a point of law but reopening now is sadly unlikely.

He is looking a new premises though an hopes to relaunch bigger and better as soon as is possible

I tried couple of weeks ago with my female friend. What a waste of time and 100 mile round trip. Playrooms were disgusting and smelly. Rooms in basement under sauna and jacuzzi have no access to fire exit. It’s a disaster waiting to happen. It was our first time and No one even bothered to show us around. My friend got sick after eating food that have been served. Won’t be going back again.

"I have been to Abfabs and loved it but started going to Pleasures in Kent a year ago and love it there. Every place is different but the people at Pleasures are great and it has lots of play rooms and a small lush heated pool etc. Worth a look x x I love it x x

I tried couple of weeks ago with my female friend. What a waste of time and 100 mile round trip. Playrooms were disgusting and smelly. Rooms in basement under sauna and jacuzzi have no access to fire exit. It’s a disaster waiting to happen. It was our first time and No one even bothered to show us around. My friend got sick after eating food that have been served. Won’t be going back again."

Surprised they are legally open if there are fire exit issues.

By *livexMan  over a year ago

richmond

Apologies.

Just what I heard from a regular lady

"Apologies.

Just what I heard from a regular lady "

You shouldn’t believe all you hear. Had she even been to the Abfabs social where Graham made a speech?

By *reykiwi500Man  over a year ago

London

"Apologies.

Just what I heard from a regular lady

You shouldn’t believe all you hear. Had she even been to the Abfabs social where Graham made a speech?"

Indeed! That applies to all venues.

» Add a new message to this topic