FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Too many messages

Too many messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 27/06/12 15:29:37]

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Whilst flicking through the most fabbed photos I come across (not literally!) a member whose status was something like

'500 messages you have to be kidding me'

I just wonder whether there would be any benefit to capping the amount of messages a new member (or any member)can recieve.

It just seems to me that too many new members will become disillusioned if having to deal with such numbers and as a result either i )leave the site or ii) just press delete all

I have literally just thought about this so there maybe draw backs. I am aware that it is possible to filter messages but Im just suggesting this as an alternative.

By *eet_the_spartanMan  over a year ago

Manchester

"Whilst flicking through the most fabbed photos I come across (not literally!) a member whose status was something like

'500 messages you have to be kidding me'

I just wonder whether there would be any benefit to capping the amount of messages a new member (or any member)can recieve.

It just seems to me that too many new members will become disillusioned if having to deal with such numbers and as a result either i )leave the site or ii) just press delete all

I have literally just thought about this so there maybe draw backs. I am aware that it is possible to filter messages but Im just suggesting this as an alternative. "

When my gf set up her singles account she nearly stopped using fab due to the sheer volume of 'wanna fuck baby' etc type messages. she had over 200 messages within 24 hours of setting up the account and of those she only kept 8 to read. I think you should be able to report people for blatant spamming/generally degrading messages. It'd be hell for the admins and they'd need to take on a lot more mods, but it'd clear up the site within months.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i think down sizing the ammount of email you have in a day is a good answer to this problem, well done

lets be honest most genuine people would only send and receive about 50 emails so anything after this ammount would just be abuse

Another example:

... "deleting ALL messages Im sorry... I cant sort through 140 haha". 3 hours ago

By *orset manMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

yes it is a problem- 473 to read at last count

» Add a new message to this topic