Sexuality

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The only options on here are:

Straight

Bi-curious

Bi

Gay

Isn't it time Fabswingers modernised and added more options under sexuality? These options are so prohibitive and do not reflect a huge amount of people's sexuality on here. My own included.

How difficult would it be to add some more options? I've spoken to a huge amount of people about this, so I'm not alone.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

Why is there never any site feedback? What's the point in this if site admin never respond to anything us users ask you for?

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

Maybe add "others" to the existing ones or you have anything specific OP?

"Maybe add "others" to the existing ones or you have anything specific OP?"

Others? What do you mean, others? Nobody's sexuality is described as 'other' if that's what you mean. That just creates more questions.

This site is super basic, and coding some further options into a dropdown box could be done in minutes.

By *ultry SuccubusTV/TS  over a year ago

London&Dublin

Maybe you can suggest a few OP as there are quite many.

I'm not Admin but I'm sure they will consider it if is required.

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

As above, what else would you add op?

Personally I think "fab straight" should be an option

OK how about:

Pan

Demi

Fluid

Poly

Skolio

The basics on here just don't cover enough anymore. It's not 1970

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Why is there never any site feedback? What's the point in this if site admin never respond to anything us users ask you for?"

Fully agree with this. We get new emojis that are useless if you dont know the codes but useful stuff like extra definition groups or filters seem to go unnoticed. One of the few reasons i can think of is not having the filters forces ppl to talk? Find out about each other?

"Why is there never any site feedback? What's the point in this if site admin never respond to anything us users ask you for?

Fully agree with this. We get new emojis that are useless if you dont know the codes but useful stuff like extra definition groups or filters seem to go unnoticed. One of the few reasons i can think of is not having the filters forces ppl to talk? Find out about each other? "

In theory maybe, but in practice people are 'put off' by bi guys for example. Some people even mention how 'disgusted' they are by certain sexualities.

Even Govt websites have better options than this, a sex site!

LukeThighWalker, I'm so glad to see you mention 'Poly' in your suggestions as I class myself as Polysexual, so it's nice to read.

"LukeThighWalker, I'm so glad to see you mention 'Poly' in your suggestions as I class myself as Polysexual, so it's nice to read."

You're welcome.

Having more options would make the site a lot more user friendly for everyone. The essence of a site like this should be support - unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any, and if you mention it you get scalded.

I guess the main issue would be how people interpret the different choices. I'm not saying it's right or wrong before anyone jumps on that. Just that bicurious and bisexual seems to cause many heated discussions as to what label one should give ones self, just like the constant ask for body filters, again its down to ones perspective. Getting the balance between keeping the site fully user friendly and keeping up the times is a tough 1.

"I guess the main issue would be how people interpret the different choices. I'm not saying it's right or wrong before anyone jumps on that. Just that bicurious and bisexual seems to cause many heated discussions as to what label one should give ones self, just like the constant ask for body filters, again its down to ones perspective. Getting the balance between keeping the site fully user friendly and keeping up the times is a tough 1."

Isn't that the essence of the problem right now though? Surely we should be able to choose what suits the individual, not just simplistic concepts of what sexuality is. FL is a good example of a site with sexuality options because sexuality is flexible and fluid (for lots of us)

By *ackietv1TV/TS  over a year ago

caerphilly

There are at least 26 definitions of sexuality and they can be and are used. Could any swinging site cope with this.

"There are at least 26 definitions of sexuality and they can be and are used. Could any swinging site cope with this."

Shouldn't people be given the opportunity to express their personal choice regarding their sexuality in full?

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

Does the restriction to 4 choices OP impact you finding the person or people you are looking for or they finding you ?

"Does the restriction to 4 choices OP impact you finding the person or people you are looking for or they finding you ? "

Yes, and this isn't just about me. It impacts a lot of people on here

"Does the restriction to 4 choices OP impact you finding the person or people you are looking for or they finding you ?

Yes, and this isn't just about me. It impacts a lot of people on here"

I'm curious...your profile says you are straight, so isn't that self explanatory?

By *mmixtapeCouple  over a year ago

middle earth

Firstly thank you op for this post

I would also like a queer button, I identify as queer to make it known that I'm not straight and that I'm attracted to people other than cis gendered men. It's annoying as hell that I have to say I'm Bi on here when I don't identify as bisexual for its own set of reasons.

It's also a more than a little rubbish that it's only men, women, TV and CD (always in the same box???) Or couples.

Trans and non-binary people often like mentioning that they are trans, but they shouldn't have to use the term transvestite as it's incredibly outdated and not related to their gender identity at all. TV/CDs are perfectly valid but this website doesn't account for the experiences of trans and non-binary people at all.

It doesn't really matter how people perceive it, almost every dating website that asks questions lets you pick from a wide range of identities and if there is discussion to be had or confusion your match will either mention it in a message or just not match you!

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Does the restriction to 4 choices OP impact you finding the person or people you are looking for or they finding you ?

I'm curious...your profile says you are straight, so isn't that self explanatory?"

In the text it says “sexuality fluid”.

I'm curious...your profile says you are straight, so isn't that self explanatory?"

It says I'm straight because the options are so limited!!

You're quite literally talking about the reason for the thread. Haha!

"There are at least 26 definitions of sexuality and they can be and are used. Could any swinging site cope with this.

Shouldn't people be given the opportunity to express their personal choice regarding their sexuality in full?"

Isn't that what your profile is for though rather than slapping on a label? I'd be more interested to read what a person says about them self than put my interpretation on to what ever tag they put them self under.

By *lice MaliceWoman  over a year ago

The Facility

"There are at least 26 definitions of sexuality and they can be and are used. Could any swinging site cope with this.

Shouldn't people be given the opportunity to express their personal choice regarding their sexuality in full?

Isn't that what your profile is for though rather than slapping on a label? I'd be more interested to read what a person says about them self than put my interpretation on to what ever tag they put them self under. "

Oh, if only 'some' people read profiles. Not everyone does, unfortunately.

As a minimum, Fluid would be a definite bonus to have on here.

Sexuality isn't a straight line, it can and does change. It is such a big part of who we are, our identity and it is so much bigger than just the basic gay, straight or bi/bi curious. If only life were that simple.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Site Admin do read all feedback, so it's good to post it.

This would be a helpful improvement for the site, coupled with other personal characteristics that could have greater levels of options to define us.

All of the characteristics should be searchable though, to give users greater precision to find the people they are interested in.

Obviously it requires investment and motivation from the owners. As a free site, it is obviously limited in user income but it would likely be wise use of their investment.