FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Separation of TV/TS categories in profile

Separation of TV/TS categories in profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ueen_t OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

Belfast, Northern Ireland

I was wondering if the site hosts would consider separating out the TV/TS category? Not sure if this has previously been raised.

As a trans woman I get deeply frustrated that people cannot distinguish between TVs/crossdressers and trans women. They are not the same and I am happy to explain this to whoever I need to to effect change.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bsinthe_boyMan  over a year ago

Luton

Agree completely, but this has been brought up before and the site owner has indicated that such a category change isn't easy.... Might even mean a significant site redesign.

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

If you do a forum search you will find this has been brought up numerous times.. However virtually every thread ends up being, what I can only describe as, a slanging match between the various categories..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Got my popcorn and cashews nuts on the go now

By *s.KerryTV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

"Got my popcorn and cashews nuts on the go now "

Lol. I hope you're sharing

"Got my popcorn and cashews nuts on the go now

Lol. I hope you're sharing "

Oh definitely

I think it’s a bit early for the squabbling to start ... or is it

"I was wondering if the site hosts would consider separating out the TV/TS category? Not sure if this has previously been raised.

As a trans woman I get deeply frustrated that people cannot distinguish between TVs/crossdressers and trans women. They are not the same and I am happy to explain this to whoever I need to to effect change. "

Well , because “Transwomen “ are “women”

Surely is is a good idea to have a women’s profile on here. ?

My passport and driving licence says “ female” because that’s what I legally am.

By being in the TV/TS category on here , you are probably attracting some unwanted attention??

Thanks all I thought it might have been mentioned before but clearly it seems to have got nowhere. No slanging match please I hope we can have a mature and sensible conversation but never is the case! I love my popcorn sweet and salty so pass some my way! Hope you all well!! Xx

Well , because “Transwomen “ are “women”

Surely is is a good idea to have a women’s profile on here. ?

My passport and driving licence says “ female” because that’s what I legally am.

By being in the TV/TS category on here , you are probably attracting some unwanted attention??

You are absolutely right I also shout it from the rooftops about tran women are women but I am proud to be both trans and a woman. As for the unwanted attention that always gonna follow us!! Lol xx

By *icoleAndLisaTransTV/TS  over a year ago

Ellesmere Port

It isn't as simple as profiling as a woman. That'll just end up with hostility or being reported/banned when someone finds out you're trans.

While Fab is a lot more trans inclusive than most sites, it does fall short. You can have a couple's profile as M+F, M+M or F+F but if either of you is trans, there are no couples' options. Ultimately, we need a lot of new permutations, even if we're going to cover all possibilities of transmasculine and transfeminine people with each other and cisgender people. Then if you distinguish between TV and TS, you increase that number yet again.

Ideally, I'd like to see FabTrans.com. A clone of this site, re-jigged for the focus to be on trans and trans-attracted individuals. They did it to create FabGuys a few years back. It can't be that difficult.

FabGuys is even more problematic, since you can't profile as a woman at all, and the only sexuality options are 'gay' and 'bisexual.'

» Add a new message to this topic