FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Blocking Messages from forums

Blocking Messages from forums

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Could it be an option to stop people messaging if you both comment on a forum post. It would be nice to be able to opt in or out. I guess it gets people making connections but not everyone wants someone messaging them because they’ve commented on a forum post. Only way around this is to not use forums or block everyone.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Could it be an option to stop people messaging if you both comment on a forum post. It would be nice to be able to opt in or out. I guess it gets people making connections but not everyone wants someone messaging them because they’ve commented on a forum post. Only way around this is to not use forums or block everyone. "

I believe this is why most hide their profile when using the forums but I think it's bypassed in the forum might be wrong

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Could it be an option to stop people messaging if you both comment on a forum post. It would be nice to be able to opt in or out. I guess it gets people making connections but not everyone wants someone messaging them because they’ve commented on a forum post. Only way around this is to not use forums or block everyone.

I believe this is why most hide their profile when using the forums but I think it's bypassed in the forum might be wrong"

People can still be messaged though as you don’t need to visit a profile, they just hit ‘reply privately’

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Could it be an option to stop people messaging if you both comment on a forum post. It would be nice to be able to opt in or out. I guess it gets people making connections but not everyone wants someone messaging them because they’ve commented on a forum post. Only way around this is to not use forums or block everyone.

I believe this is why most hide their profile when using the forums but I think it's bypassed in the forum might be wrong

People can still be messaged though as you don’t need to visit a profile, they just hit ‘reply privately’"

Thanks for confirming this,so it's this that needs attention

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

People can still be messaged though as you don’t need to visit a profile, they just hit ‘reply privately’

Thanks for confirming this,so it's this that needs attention "

It would be a good option for users to have, to opt out of private messages from forum posts.

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

People can still be messaged though as you don’t need to visit a profile, they just hit ‘reply privately’"

You can't reply privately from the forum if you have blocked someone. You can see their posts in the forum though.

If you don't want to see the posts from someone whom you have blocked or they have blocked you, then really the only solution is keep away from the forums.

I actually find this rather strange, as, if you have blocked or been blocked by someone in chat, then you can't see or read each others posts.

I guess though in the forums the threads could end up very bit and make no sense whatsoever xxxxx Suzi

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

It would be a good option for users to have, to opt out of private messages from forum posts. "

Wouldn't they just click on a profile and mail that way

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

The only way I know of to do this is with general message filters. (It works for me at the moment)

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

It would be a good option for users to have, to opt out of private messages from forum posts.

Wouldn't they just click on a profile and mail that way"

Yes they would but their reason for messaging without the direct reply via the thread would in 'many cases' encourage a reply in the thread which I'm sure is what the op is getting at. It's annoying.

By *lan157Man  over a year ago

a village near Haywards Heath in East Sussex

I think it's more likely that someone messaging privately to a thread comment is saying something personal and sometimes objectionable that he or she does not want anyone else in the forum reading . It defeats the object on a forum really.

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

"I think it's more likely that someone messaging privately to a thread comment is saying something personal and sometimes objectionable that he or she does not want anyone else in the forum reading . It defeats the object on a forum really."

It's not, they just take the topic into DMs to try and start a conversation or because you've said something they like the sound of - which ok may make their response a little personal but keep the reply on the forums if the person sees the responses & is interested they'll message you

It can put you off using the forums as there's certain threads that I reply to that I know the replies will end up as private messages, yes I could ignore those threads but 9/10s they are the ones I find most interesting & why should i not get involved just because others cabt keep it in the forums

By *harAndBryCouple  over a year ago

nr Stamford

"they just take the topic into DMs to try and start a conversation or because you've said something they like the sound of"

This. The number of times we mention being let down and then get flooded with "well I wouldn't let you down" from people that are nothing like what/where we need. The reply from a forum post makes it far too easy for them to ignore our profile.

(Bry)

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

"they just take the topic into DMs to try and start a conversation or because you've said something they like the sound of

This. The number of times we mention being let down and then get flooded with "well I wouldn't let you down" from people that are nothing like what/where we need. The reply from a forum post makes it far too easy for them to ignore our profile.

(Bry)"

I've had one this afternoon too

Delete & block & they wonder why they don't get meets

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

Yes it’s annoying when someone sends an unwanted message from a forum thread you posted on.

But I see it as another useful way to filter out the idiots

» Add a new message to this topic