FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Messege filter (update)

Messege filter (update)

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hey

I think there should be an additional preference filter for your messeges.

This will help everyone; It saves time and could increase chances for 'real' oppertunities.

I'm a little surprised this isn't a thing as there is already a good filter for searching.

We all know how imballanced the M/F ratio is and how many messeges F/cpl get. Inbox filtering would greatly help mitigate this congestion issue i.e messaging someone who isn't their type.

I can only imagine many opportunities are missed simply because there are too many messeges for people to get through. Blocking a whole gender does not help

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think this is a good idea.

+ a ‘distance’ filter would be good on messages. Sick of the lives 100+ miles away

OP - you're so right. I just commented the below in another forum about fake profiles:

Ive certainly noticed a distinct increase in status updates from females and couples getring hacked off with fake accounts and I'm sure the majority do block and report..

The easiest fix that Fab could do would be to make the message filter so you can choose if the mail needs to come from a fab verified account (green flag) not just a self verify (green tick) - at the moment there is no differentiation..

It's honestly ruining fab and the honest emails are getting bulk deleted with the fakes - i can't really blame someone if i was getting 100-300 "fancy a shag" messages...

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Sending a fancy a shag message doesn't mean people are fake

"Sending a fancy a shag message doesn't mean people are fake "

True, i guess i should have worded it better as in there is both a problem of fake accounts (pertaining to be someone else) and the fancy a shag one liner brigade who have just opened an account and got another account to verify - if it was photo verification, i doubt they'd bother (as much)

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

"Sending a fancy a shag message doesn't mean people are fake

True, i guess i should have worded it better as in there is both a problem of fake accounts (pertaining to be someone else) and the fancy a shag one liner brigade who have just opened an account and got another account to verify - if it was photo verification, i doubt they'd bother (as much) "

There really arnt as many "fakes" as people, mostly men, claim. It's just an easy blame when some don't get the attention they think they should and "fakes" do not ruin it for the rest.

By *eandmrsjones69Couple  over a year ago

Middle England

"OP - you're so right. I just commented the below in another forum about fake profiles:

Ive certainly noticed a distinct increase in status updates from females and couples getring hacked off with fake accounts and I'm sure the majority do block and report..

The easiest fix that Fab could do would be to make the message filter so you can choose if the mail needs to come from a fab verified account (green flag) not just a self verify (green tick) - at the moment there is no differentiation..

It's honestly ruining fab and the honest emails are getting bulk deleted with the fakes - i can't really blame someone if i was getting 100-300 "fancy a shag" messages..."

What is a Fab verify? A photo with the site name on. We are not Fab verified but we are a couple; we've been to meets/clubs and met real people. We could be more genuine that a Fab verification. ie, from a photo from a couple who split 5 yrs ago. How would a Fab verify remove fakes. Not sure if there's something I've missed so apologies in advance.

(me)

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"+ a ‘distance’ filter would be good on messages. Sick of the lives 100+ miles away "

Yes that should be included too. You can already customise your search so why not constomise your recipients?

Changes like this would shink this vast ocean into your personal pond

It doesn't seem like any significant usability updates been done to this site for a while. It's more like 'build once in 2000's and let it run forever' thing.

But yes, there are plenty of good ideas such as filters which could save a lot of time for all.

» Add a new message to this topic