FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Age

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There really needs to be a way people get their age verified. The site seems to be people who are in their 50s but have their age set 10 years lower.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"There really needs to be a way people get their age verified. The site seems to be people who are in their 50s but have their age set 10 years lower. "

Does age matter that much? If someone at a club appears to be in their late 40s, for example, and you fancy them....does it matter if they're 60? You're not getting a mortgage with them...

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"There really needs to be a way people get their age verified. The site seems to be people who are in their 50s but have their age set 10 years lower.

Does age matter that much? If someone at a club appears to be in their late 40s, for example, and you fancy them....does it matter if they're 60? You're not getting a mortgage with them..."

It's my first priority when I look at a profile. If they are outside my age preferences I click out of the profile.

The club analogy is used on every age related thread on here but it doesn't apply because only a small percentage of fabbers go to clubs.

People have preferences for a reason and yet I've never seen anyone told to ignore other preferences when they are at a club or party.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"There really needs to be a way people get their age verified. The site seems to be people who are in their 50s but have their age set 10 years lower.

Does age matter that much? If someone at a club appears to be in their late 40s, for example, and you fancy them....does it matter if they're 60? You're not getting a mortgage with them..."

Age does matter, yes. Just like any other preference.

Yes it does. Meeting at a club is a completely different situation as you see them rather than going with what the profile says.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

How would admin be able to confirm the document being shown belonged to the profile holder?

Would you be happy sending a photo of your passport, birth certificate or driving licence to fab?

By *edfleetMan  over a year ago

covent garden

Does it make much difference what age they state??? If you are arranging a meeting with them would you do that against recent photos??

If you like what you see and fancy them does it matter what age they are stating ?

Belfast

"Does it make much difference what age they state??? If you are arranging a meeting with them would you do that against recent photos??

If you like what you see and fancy them does it matter what age they are stating ?"

Yes it does matter. Very much so. I don't care what they look like if they aren't within my age preferences

By *illingdon_ladMan  over a year ago

Bicester

I think it matters for a couple reasons, 1, people have preferences respect that. 2, if they lie about age what else have they lied about.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Does it make much difference what age they state??? If you are arranging a meeting with them would you do that against recent photos??

If you like what you see and fancy them does it matter what age they are stating ?

Yes it does matter. Very much so. I don't care what they look like if they aren't within my age preferences"

Can you really tell the difference between a 39 yr old and a 40 yr old?

I hate to break it to you but people often blur the lines online. They'll change ages by a year or two. They'll describe themselves as 'average' bex=cause they lack confidence and are actually athletic or slim. They make all sorts of ludicrous claims about cock size and use clever angles in photos to make it look bigger.

Lets say you met a 38 year old who claimed (for whatever reason) to be 40 on here. You have a great meet.

Then they tell you their real age. What difference does it actually make?

I suspect more people will complain that someone doesn't look like their photos than that someone has fudged their age by a couple of years. What about the poor sods who naturally look older or younger than they actually are - are you going to be that suspicious that you ask for photo ID before bending them over?

A

Belfast

Yes it does matter. Very much so. I don't care what they look like if they aren't within my age preferences

I hate to break it to you but people often blur the lines online. They'll change ages by a year or two. They'll describe themselves as 'average' bex=cause they lack confidence and are actually athletic or slim. They make all sorts of ludicrous claims about cock size and use clever angles in photos to make it look bigger.

Lets say you met a 38 year old who claimed (for whatever reason) to be 40 on here. You have a great meet.

I suspect more people will complain that someone doesn't look like their photos than that someone has fudged their age by a couple of years. What about the poor sods who naturally look older or younger than they actually are - are you going to be that suspicious that you ask for photo ID before bending them over?

A"

I seem to be triggering you today. Maybe time you put your phone away.

I have daughters in their 30s, hence why my filters are set the way they are.

Do you make a habit of picking holes in people's preferences?

A"

Personally, I’m not talking about a 1 year difference! There’s people who have their age set 10 years younger than they are! And people who are the same age as they were 8 years ago!

By *eyeYCouple  over a year ago

Nr Leicester

For us, actual age has no real relevance! If we find them attractive, who gives a ....! To us there are some more attractive 50 year olds here than some in their 20/30's!

More prevalent are those using pictures from a decade ago or before their body or face took, shall we say a nosedive..

Saw on one couple's profile, "if you don't look like your photo's, you're buying the drink's until you do!"

Brilliant!!!

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

I don't look a day over 74.

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"For us, actual age has no real relevance! If we find them attractive, who gives a ....! To us there are some more attractive 50 year olds here than some in their 20/30's!

More prevalent are those using pictures from a decade ago or before their body or face took, shall we say a nosedive..

Saw on one couple's profile, "if you don't look like your photo's, you're buying the drink's until you do!"

Brilliant!!! "

100% this

Age does absolutely matter. I wouldn't want to shag some one who is late teens/early 20s nor would I want to shag someone around my parents age

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

A

"

Not triggered in the slightest.

And it's an open forum so surely people are entitled to question peoples viewpoints.

Pretty sure that's what forums were invented for.

I'm just curious to know how people can be sure on someone's age when it's a number that's input on a keyboard on a website where many people will change personal details to appeal to others more, maintain a level of anonymity and in some cases deliberately dupe others.

I've yet to ever see someone demand proof of age in a club, or at a group social. Yet on Fab it often seems to be the be all and end all.

I suspect many would gladly adjust their age preferences should they be attracted to individuals who just fell short of their stated age requirement, based on photos, online chat and personal interaction.

Of course people have preferences. But by definition a preference is just that- a preference. Not always something that isn't adjusted on occasion or open to being flexible.

But hey. I'm sure if you met your ideal woman offline, who was the epitome of all that you desired physically, personality wise and who shared every sexual desire and kink you could ever want in a partner, turned out to be a year or two outside of your limits you'd be sure to turn them down in a heartbeat.

A

By *unniebee1970Woman  over a year ago

The Hive

Im 22.

Belfast

A

And it's an open forum so surely people are entitled to question peoples viewpoints.

I'm just curious to know how people can be sure on someone's age when it's a number that's input on a keyboard on a website where many people will change personal details to appeal to others more, maintain a level of anonymity and in some cases deliberately dupe others.

I've yet to ever see someone demand proof of age in a club, or at a group social. Yet on Fab it often seems to be the be all and end all.

I suspect many would gladly adjust their age preferences should they be attracted to individuals who just fell short of their stated age requirement, based on photos, online chat and personal interaction.

Of course people have preferences. But by definition a preference is just that- a preference. Not always something that isn't adjusted on occasion or open to being flexible.

But hey. I'm sure if you met your ideal woman offline, who was the epitome of all that you desired physically, personality wise and who shared every sexual desire and kink you could ever want in a partner, turned out to be a year or two outside of your limits you'd be sure to turn them down in a heartbeat.

A"

You aren't actually offering an opinion are you? Your sarcastic tone is that you know better than everyone else and that preferences should be fluid.

I don't have sex with people at the drop of a hat.

By the time I bend anyone over, to use your words, we will have been chatting for many months and built a level of trust.

I don't go to clubs so what others do there doesn't concern me so I would never think of picking holes in his they do things.

And to answer your last comment, yes I have turned a number of women down here for much less than their age and I don't type with my dick.

A

A"

If age doesn't bother you then that's great but I don't understand why you're having a go at someone just because they've said that age does matter to them

People are allowed preferences and as long as they're not being offensive they do not have to explain or defend those preferences to anyone

Age is a preference and therefore it matters to some but not to others. Personally I don’t want to meet someone outside an age range I can relate to. Of course it won’t be long until I’m myself out of the age range of a lot of people on here and that’s fine too.

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

100% agree with you OP!

A couple of years is unnoticeable but there are far too many trying to sneak under the radar and shave 10 years off!

That’s from personal experience! It’s also why our upper age preference is only 50! We’re not far off that but it allows for minor indiscretions.

By *ynecplCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

Age is one of the starting points, it might not be everything but have to narrow the section down slightly. In our time here we have come across quite a few Benjamin Button profiles as we call them where the profile disappears for a while and comes back with the person or persons 5 or 10 years younger.

By *hrobinhoodMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

People age differently so it really shouldn’t matter if you like them no matter what the age

Yes age js very important to me even more so now because people can make themselves look older than what they actually are!

I’m 38 but told I look like I’m in my early 20’s I don’t get many meets because I look so young which really isn’t my fault! I certainly wouldn’t lie about my age but I can see why people are more cautious

"People age differently so it really shouldn’t matter if you like them no matter what the age "

Really? No matter what the age? So if someone is the same age or younger than your kids? Or your parents age? Or any other combinations?

Nice talking point I’ve aged 10 years just reading all the posts

» Add a new message to this topic