FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > turn the virus forum into a health and mental health forum

turn the virus forum into a health and mental health forum

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxy j OP   Woman  over a year ago

somerset

so would it not be a good idea to turn the virus forum into a health and mental health forum and keep all in one place ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

im sorry, but i dont see how the two are related.

another subforum for mental health talk is probably in order, but the two things shouldnt be lumped together.

i dont think anyone suffering from mental health issues needs to be reading the ridiculous conspiracy talk surrounding the virus, and those of us with physical health problems dont want to be thrown in the same box either.

obviously there will be crossover between the two, but for example the other day we got a dm full of conspiracy antivaxx rubbish which really wouldnt be helpful to someone with mental health issues.

just my 2c, but these things should be considered equal but separate.

By *ndrew2023Man  over a year ago

Redditch

Pretty good suggestion. I think itd be a good place to talk anbout general wellbeing and give eachother a hand where needed with anything fitness/health related

I'd definitely support a mental health forum, whether within a general health forum or separately.

By *glyBettyTV/TS  over a year ago

About 3 feet away from the fence

While you're at it, you might as well officially rename the introduction forum to the "ph0ne wank" forum

By *ommyxyzMan  over a year ago

walssll

Mental health issues are real and the more places people feel ok to open up and get help the better. Bring it on.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"im sorry, but i dont see how the two are related.

another subforum for mental health talk is probably in order, but the two things shouldnt be lumped together.

i dont think anyone suffering from mental health issues needs to be reading the ridiculous conspiracy talk surrounding the virus, and those of us with physical health problems dont want to be thrown in the same box either.

obviously there will be crossover between the two, but for example the other day we got a dm full of conspiracy antivaxx rubbish which really wouldnt be helpful to someone with mental health issues.

just my 2c, but these things should be considered equal but separate."

This. 100% This.

There is very little health talk within the virus section, in many ways it has more on common with the politics sub forum these days.

I agree mental health and health would benefit from a seperate sub section but it shouldn't be with the conspiracy theories and heated debates within the virus subsection

By *w214Couple  over a year ago

Merseyside

"im sorry, but i dont see how the two are related.

just my 2c, but these things should be considered equal but separate.

This. 100% This.

There is very little health talk within the virus section, in many ways it has more on common with the politics sub forum these days.

I agree mental health and health would benefit from a seperate sub section but it shouldn't be with the conspiracy theories and heated debates within the virus subsection "

Agree with bits here. Getting some more reasoned debate into the virus room and hopefully displacing some of the conspiracy chat would be a great call. Ironically conspiracy theorists really tweak my mental health strings and they'd probably benefit from a reframing of the debates. The psudo science in there and the amount of virus experts that sprang up overnight had me in wonder about how clever the swinging community actually was. The virus room needs to go, one way or another.

By *oxy j OP   Woman  over a year ago

somerset

yep sure sub forum mental health then for it to be alone but like it or not its health related so saying they are completely different is not true health is health psychical or mental and many will ahave both hence one forum ..as for the virus forum would slowly die out as it wont be about one subject anymore

By *ustABaldBeardedVikingMan  over a year ago

Hinckley

The virus is still a huge part of people's lives. People still isolating and testing due to their own health concerns.

If anything there should just be a "conspiracy theorists" threat, then all the Andrew Tate fans and antivaxxers and keep each other safe.

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

I like the fact that mental health issues pop up in the lounge or swingers advise parts of the site. Hiding it in a health section means it won't be seen by the folk who it may well help.

» Add a new message to this topic