FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > New: Verification summary

New: Verification summary

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *j_mark OP   Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

New 15/july/2013

If you have a verification tick, you can now optionally choose to display a summary of your verifications on your profile.

The default for this is turned off for all existing users.

You can turn it on via your "manage verifications" page.

The verification summary includes a count of verifications left by users who are no longer on the site.

We think this has a number of uses:

* useful to show how many verifications you have if you choose not to publish the actual text details for privacy reasons

* useful to publish the amount of verifications you have had in total, since it counts those from users no

longer on site

* useful to gauge how verified users are

Feedback welcome.

Anyone who is verified by any means or is a site supporter can view this information (assuming the user whose profile they are viewing has chosen to publish it).

Admin x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *inktherapyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

Just found this - I like it - although have chosen not to display it!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Absolutely love it, thankyou

I like it admin! Thank you!

Excellent addition

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I like it, I have displayed it; doubt it will make any difference for guys like me, but who knows it proves I am real and genuine.

Nice to see the site changing and improving thanks Admin

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Maybe me being daft, but I don't see the benefit of this?

Reading all the requests, I (rightly or wrongly) thought the consensus of opinion was that members didn't want to lose their old veri feedback. Not say how many they had received.

By *9MuppetMan  over a year ago

Bath ish area

Great idea - although the tick allows other to see you have been verified, that could have been from one very old verification. Now you have an idea of how many and when was the last verification, even if not shown. This all helps to give an indication of those who are genuine.

Obviously having no verifications does not make for fake or timewaster but helps people to make up their own minds.

Thanks Admin great job we have displayed ours and people can now see exactly what we have been verified for. One question does this tally up all your verifications even the ones you choose not to show?

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

" One question does this tally up all your verifications even the ones you choose not to show? "

Yes

Admin x

"Thanks Admin great job we have displayed ours and people can now see exactly what we have been verified for. One question does this tally up all your verifications even the ones you choose not to show? "

Ooops I see that it does

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I quite like it... although question for admin... I have a verification (which I have reported to you previously to ask for it to be removed) from someone who couldn't mail me and attempted to contact me that way.

I don't generally cam... so dont really want "1 cam" veri showing up if I showel this. Can this veri be removed altogether please..

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I quite like it... although question for admin... I have a verification (which I have reported to you previously to ask for it to be removed) from someone who couldn't mail me and attempted to contact me that way.

I don't generally cam... so dont really want "1 cam" veri showing up if I showel this. Can this veri be removed altogether please.."

We'll make sure that blocked users don't show in the count so you'll just need to block the user. Not sure how it works now but we'll fix/resolve tomorrow

Admin x

I like it! Just didn't realise I had 89 lol!

By *penminded Scottish GuyMan  over a year ago

East Kilbride

Great new addition for your profile now means don't have to display my verifications and can prove I have had meets and not just a green tick to prove verified

I think its great and should be put on profile with no opt out esp the bit that says they have met as some wont show veri cause there only cam veri so you still dont no if there genuine meets

"I think its great and should be put on profile with no opt out esp the bit that says they have met as some wont show veri cause there only cam veri so you still dont no if there genuine meets "

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Visiting Peston

Excellent idea

Great!!!!

Glasgow

"I quite like it... although question for admin... I have a verification (which I have reported to you previously to ask for it to be removed) from someone who couldn't mail me and attempted to contact me that way.

I don't generally cam... so dont really want "1 cam" veri showing up if I showel this. Can this veri be removed altogether please..

We'll make sure that blocked users don't show in the count so you'll just need to block the user. Not sure how it works now but we'll fix/resolve tomorrow

Admin x"

He is blocked... but still showing as "xx meet 1 cam" on the summary

Glasgow

"I think its great and should be put on profile with no opt out esp the bit that says they have met as some wont show veri cause there only cam veri so you still dont no if there genuine meets "

fantastic !!

By *avenzoeCouple  over a year ago

Clacton-on-Sea

A great addition to a profile and we think if the people are definitely genuine then they will display (as we have).

Brilliant idea.

We love it

Very welcome addition to our profile

Is there any reason why you can't just make old verifications show up instead though?

Seems unfair that if someone leaves you lose their verification. In our case, nearly a dozen of them

A great new feature admin

In Your Bush

Admin x"

Admin, how would this work if user no longer on site?

[Removed by poster at 15/07/13 19:29:55]

Glasgow

Admin x

Admin, how would this work if user no longer on site?"

It seems to just show as a number

Mine says I have 5 (i think) veris from MF cpls... on my actual veri list I can only see 2.. the other 3 have left the site..

By *inktherapyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

"A great addition to a profile and we think if the people are definitely genuine then they will display (as we have).

Brilliant idea."

I like the idea - and am definitely genuine - I just don't like the idea showing how many veris I have in total - it doesn't differentiate between social meets and play meets or repeat veris (I don't think so, anyway) - so I look like I've shagged half of fab from the numbers lol!! I also have a few 'spoof' veris from friends

By *roggMan  over a year ago

haverfordwest

it is another good and useful addition on here

In Your Bush

Admin x

Mine says I have 5 (i think) veris from MF cpls... on my actual veri list I can only see 2.. the other 3 have left the site.."

Yes but if you didn't want that webcam veri and the person had left the site. You wouldn't be able to block them, so it would still show in your summary

Glasgow

Admin x

Mine says I have 5 (i think) veris from MF cpls... on my actual veri list I can only see 2.. the other 3 have left the site..

Yes but if you didn't want that webcam veri and the person had left the site. You wouldn't be able to block them, so it would still show in your summary"

Aah I get ya now.. Although at the minute having them blocked isn't making a difference anyway.

AWESOME!!

We get back our veris (well at least they show as a number on the list) that are either lost on Fab cyber space or those ones that have left the site?

Great move admin - good to see REAL validation details.

By *addy and shaunCouple  over a year ago

goole

I wish we never lost old veri's though - I had two fab ones then suddenly gone ! x love your site tho xxx

By *semymouth_2024Man  over a year ago

swanwick, Alfreton

I like nice one

Excellent addition admin,

I like it . It makes me look like a right stud lol or rake

"A great addition to a profile and we think if the people are definitely genuine then they will display (as we have).

Brilliant idea.

I like the idea - and am definitely genuine - I just don't like the idea showing how many veris I have in total - it doesn't differentiate between social meets and play meets or repeat veris (I don't think so, anyway) - so I look like I've shagged half of fab from the numbers lol!! I also have a few 'spoof' veris from friends "

Only shagged half of fab ???

Don't put yourself down lol

I've had a nosey at mine as I've had a few from users who have since left. Good idea.

Still not going to show it though. I wouldn't like it if you couldn't opt out of showing it.

The reason i like it is you can instantly see what a person is into . Ie couples or singles or there own sex without having to read all there verifacations x

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

Oh my! Just seen this and, like the fact it also shows verifications by meets, and by cam - quite scary when summarised the way it is. Gosh! That's scary when I think about it

By *he MuncherMan  over a year ago

Dundee

Nice Idea if you have a lot of meets, But as i do read peoples profiles that should tell me whether or not they are into singles or couples or own sex (Unless they are lying...)

i do think some will find it useful though even if i don't want to use it.

The Muncher

"Nice Idea if you have a lot of meets, But as i do read peoples profiles that should tell me whether or not they are into singles or couples or own sex (Unless they are lying...)

The Muncher"

Same a verification from same sex however does not always mean a play meet - it would be good if there was a way of marking a verification as "social" or "play" so it does not cause confusion.

(I can hear a few bi guys rumbling "but you claim to be straight yet have verifications from guys! Are you in the closet??" - No, I just don't have a problem chatting and having a laugh with other guys at socials - if they choose to verify me, I won't complain

I think it is a handy feature for those that choose to use it...not sure if I'll display it or not yet! Hadn't realised though just how many of my veri's had left the site...wonder if I'm scaring them off!! x

Brilliant idea.

I like the idea - and am definitely genuine - I just don't like the idea showing how many veris I have in total - it doesn't differentiate between social meets and play meets or repeat veris (I don't think so, anyway) - so I look like I've shagged half of fab from the numbers lol!! I also have a few 'spoof' veris from friends "

Does give an idea of repeat meets as it shows how many of each type of profile have verified you and how many veris you have for meet/cam....so you could, for example, be verified by 10 couples but from 20 meets

Great evening!

By *llie RoseWoman  over a year ago

By the seaside

If one male profile has left more than one verification does each one count in the number of males ie has left 4 verifications therefore equates to four males? ????

Interesting addition!

Just waiting for the messages asking about the two guys that verified me now! (Ex members - joined me and friends for threesomes - but no doubt they'll be the doubters that think I meet guys!)

Not bothered though - never worried about others perceptions - and see it as a useful tool to identify meet vs cam veri's! If people choose not to use - it's their choice of course - but I like it - so gets a from me!

I don't particularly like it,I would rather have the ticks that say either a meet or cam veri.....I don't like the counter at all,and already people are tossing the genuine word around regarding using it

Im glad its an opt in feature,ill keep my profile as it is

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

have no problems with it, so from me too

DISLIKE!

Mine counts 14 verifications, yet some of these are from the same guys who I have met more than once. It does not distinguish between regular meets.

We've decided to show ours. Like the idea and to some extent I'd like to see it made obligatory. I often have to spend time unnecessarily doing advanced searches on people to find out if they have at least one veri by meeting when they hide them of only show webcam ones.

The new feature would tell me straight away if they have meeting veris and would save a lot of time and, in some cases, some snotty messages!! Lol!

ted.

"DISLIKE!

Mine counts 14 verifications, yet some of these are from the same guys who I have met more than once. It does not distinguish between regular meets. "

Ours counts 11 veris from 9 people, That tells anyone reading it that at least two people are repeat meets. The same would apply to yours, surely.....??

"DISLIKE!

Mine counts 14 verifications, yet some of these are from the same guys who I have met more than once. It does not distinguish between regular meets. "

Good point.

Note to admin - perhaps a "count(user)" then "group by user" rather than "count(*)" then "group by profile type" will be more accurate?

I Just want to pick up on the point about it being opt in for existing users

Does this mean that it will be compulsory for new profiles?

"I Just want to pick up on the point about it being opt in for existing users

Does this mean that it will be compulsory for new profiles? "

Good point!

I'm beginning to have second thoughts about this. The only thing we really want to know about someone is if they have either had at least one veri by meeting, or are photo-verified. How many they have and with whom is of no interest to us....

Just a different coloured tick would do it, to be honest. Green for meet verified, orange for web verified only maybe...????

ted.

In Your Bush

"I don't particularly like it,I would rather have the ticks that say either a meet or cam veri.....I don't like the counter at all,and already people are tossing the genuine word around regarding using it

Im glad its an opt in feature,ill keep my profile as it is "

I tend to agree. I don't understand the point of a site feedback forum where members voice their views only for something different to be implemented.

I could be completely wrong and if so I apologise but I always thought it was to show a different icon for cam or meet in person.

To all the people saying make it compulsory. How would you like to be forced to show all your veris on the current system?

"I don't particularly like it,I would rather have the ticks that say either a meet or cam veri.....I don't like the counter at all,and already people are tossing the genuine word around regarding using it

I tend to agree. I don't understand the point of a site feedback forum where members voice their views only for something different to be implemented.

I could be completely wrong and if so I apologise but I always thought it was to show a different icon for cam or meet in person.

To all the people saying make it compulsory. How would you like to be forced to show all your veris on the current system?"

Don't worry Ryan!

Nobody believed that 'brokeback mountain' thread!

"Don't worry Ryan!

Nobody believed that 'brokeback mountain' thread! "

you reckon...... ?

To all the people saying make it compulsory. How would you like to be forced to show all your veris on the current system?"

I'd have to leave if I was forced to show all my veri's.

By *lanwoodMan  over a year ago

Alton

I like it and am displaying mine as it includes a verification from users who have left. However, I would still like to be able to show the text of that verification (the ones who left). Any chance?

In Your Bush

To all the people saying make it compulsory. How would you like to be forced to show all your veris on the current system?

Don't worry Ryan!

Nobody believed that 'brokeback mountain' thread! "

They bloody will. You verified me

Don't worry Ryan!

They bloody will. You verified me "

I did not!!!

*runs to check usernames aren't displayed!

"Don't worry Ryan!

you reckon...... ? "

I believe it

I like it, it shows that all ours have been meets and none are cam, as neither of us use cam.

But judging by the figures, there being more men than couples and females, it makes me look like a woman of ill repute and he like Mother Theresa.

I just want it noted that we go to parties

and clubs and meet lots of people on the same evening - I have not played with all of those men ........ (Oh give it up Feebs, stop trying to make yourself look innocent)

Excellent idea, Admin!

But OMG, I must be fake, it says I was last verified 6 months ago!

By *9MuppetMan  over a year ago

Bath ish area

I am a member of another site which uses a feedback system. That one only allows you to show 1 feedback from each member. That is, no repeat feedbacks to artificially inflate the number of feedbacks. This works for clubs too.

Verifications should only be for meets to my mind. What does a cam verification prove? Nothing other than they go on cam. It doesn't mean they will meet.

The other site uses a similar summary display to this new one here. It shows if someone has had negative feedback and chosen to not display it. Things like all help to show the genuine from the dreamers... of which there are many.

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Does this mean that it will be compulsory for new profiles? "

No, but we might make the default on. Users will always be able to change from manage verifications page.

Admin x

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"DISLIKE!

Mine counts 14 verifications, yet some of these are from the same guys who I have met more than once. It does not distinguish between regular meets.

Good point.

Note to admin - perhaps a "count(user)" then "group by user" rather than "count(*)" then "group by profile type" will be more accurate?"

When it says "verified by x people" those x are people, not verifications.

Ditto for x men x women etc.

The verifications by type e.g. cam/meet/etc are verifications and not grouped.

Admin x

By *lackshadow7Man  over a year ago

Toronto

No idea why people get up in arms about an OPTIONAL feature on a mistly FREE site.

Ho hum.

To admin, i think its a nice addition which joins the other tools available to site users to allow us make informed decisions in future. I also like that it shows a total number, as many people sometimes have verifications vanish due to people leaving the site.

By *.nottsbloke..Man  over a year ago

1nottsbloke

yes it seem good but i need more couples and fems i look gay but certainly aint

"Nice Idea if you have a lot of meets, But as i do read peoples profiles that should tell me whether or not they are into singles or couples or own sex (Unless they are lying...)

The Muncher

Same a verification from same sex however does not always mean a play meet - it would be good if there was a way of marking a verification as "social" or "play" so it does not cause confusion.

(I can hear a few bi guys rumbling "but you claim to be straight yet have verifications from guys! Are you in the closet??" - No, I just don't have a problem chatting and having a laugh with other guys at socials - if they choose to verify me, I won't complain "

By *otwife CoolhubCouple  over a year ago

Bathgate

Great addition thanks

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

Like the feature..but I see a problem!

This feature does what many people have been asking for, when people don't show their verification's, this shows if their verification's are from Cam or Meets..but there's the problem, by allowing users to opt in or out of this, those who don't want you to know they only cam will just hide these details.

Plus there is a little too much information, while I like the idea that you can show people that ALL your verification's are from meets, the number is irrelevant and will put some people off.

While I wouldn't want these features to be removed as some members will like to add this info to their profile I would have preferred a simpler green tick for meet verifys and a orange tick for cam verifys..this would allow us to see if the profile as actually met someone, without then needing to show the actual verification wording or telling everyone how many meets they have had.

Does this mean that it will be compulsory for new profiles?

No, but we might make the default on. Users will always be able to change from manage verifications page.

Admin x"

Thanks thats reasonable

I think its good and should be turned on for all to show if verifications by meeting,camming and so on

... However

I think the option should be to display the actual verification count or not.

Cheshire and London

"I think its good and should be turned on for all to show if verifications by meeting,camming and so on

... However

I think the option should be to display the actual verification count or not."

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

I like it, I've switched it on. Can't believe 24 of my meets have left the site, I'm sure Taz only did away with half a dozen

This is already good feature I like it

It just scared me as to the extent of fun I've actually had ...... Might be time to settle down lol

Nah, with so many gorgeous ladys on here, I'm disabling my delete button as we speak.

Fab is the best

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I love this addition thank you admin x

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Curious as to why you think someone else should be allowed to choose what I put on my profile?

I think that my instincts are sufficient for me to decide to meet someone. I don't dictate how you should make decisions on how you choose to select people to meet. Why do you think you have the right to dictate my choices?

A little green tick tells you that someone has been verified if that's what you need to decide. I don't and I certainly don't need to be forced to show any sort of verification information to ensure a meet. I'm aware I'm a girl thus making it slightly (!) easier for me than a single bloke for example.

Choice is good.

Optional is good.

We all have a mind of our own. If you need help with choosing the people you meet then it's a great system for you. However, I don't require outside help in choosing who I meet.

Cheshire and London

"

I don't dictate how you should make decisions on how you choose to select people to meet.

A little green tick tells you that someone has been verified if that's what you need to decide.

"

While we would never think that anyone should be forced into showing their verifications, the current system doesn't give enough information!

The little green tick is not enough information for us, we want to meet people who have verifications via meets and not cams.

So the problem is that anyone who like you wants to hide their verifys and we cannot see if they have meet verifications we have to pass them by

But if we had a 2 colour system, green tick verified by meeting or orange tick cam verified, we could see they had met someone and perhaps then meet them!

The new feature, for us gives to much information, we don't need to know someone has met 100 times with 3 different people, just that they have actually met someone.

But we have found a new way to verify our meets! We meet people at clubs! or we meet people via recommendations from other FAB members, we know or have met.

Edinburgh

Recommendations?

Wowsers!! That's a whole other level of discretion or lack of that I'm just not comfortable with!

Like I said... choice and options! I'll stick with opting out until it becomes compulsory then I'll delete all my verifications and take my chances! Each to their own etc.

I think it's a great idea tbh, really useful for a bit more insight into 'verified' people who don't display!

Well done admins, good to see more steps being taken about the hordes of dodgy accounts.

Em

x

By * pool 1Couple  over a year ago

Liverpool

"Recommendations?

Wowsers!! That's a whole other level of discretion or lack of that I'm just not comfortable with!

Like I said... choice and options! I'll stick with opting out until it becomes compulsory then I'll delete all my verifications and take my chances! Each to their own etc."

We to like to use the site while being discreet and would of thought the two colourer tick system would have been a better system to adopt and as a site supporter if it was made compulsory don't think we would stay on here as who and when we meet and the number of times we meet is our business and not the whole sites.

ohhhhh i like this!!...well done admin!

I think it's great!

Cheshire and London

"Recommendations?

Like I said... choice and options! I'll stick with opting out until it becomes compulsory then I'll delete all my verifications and take my chances! Each to their own etc."

Why we ONLY meet single guys and their recommendation are of their friends and people who are members of their own groups!

Or as today someone will point us in the direction of a FAB profile we may be interested in!

Surely a verification is a recommendation anyway!!

Cheshire and London

"Recommendations?

Wowsers!! That's a whole other level of discretion or lack of that I'm just not comfortable with! "

So you never take verifications anyway, as they are recommendations and you see those as a lack of discretion?

We have recently been contacted by a guy who actually asked us to ask another guy about him, as he knew we had met him as at the time he was a guy who had verified us and was showing on our profile.

Edinburgh

I don't use a verification system on any site to decide on who I'm going to meet. I can count on one hand the number of people I've given verifications to and its only because they've been requested. i don't want them on my profile and I don't believe it makes people fake or less real because they don't show them. I don't look for a green tick or any other sort of tick. Verifications make me cringe when I read them so I tend not to read them. I've no interest in reading the ins and outs (sometimes quite literally) of other people's meetings. It's of no interest to me who has met who and in fact more likely to put me off a person so I avoid reading them. I have a mind of my own, I don't need to know how good Joe was at making Doris cum like a train and gush all over the place. *vomits* That's between Joe and Doris.

I understand why there is a system in place. I fully appreciate its uses but I believe in discretion more. I'll take my chances on the people I meet using my instincts but we all swing differently. I'm pretty fussy and I don't meet very often so when I do, I've got to know that person a little bit without the need for a recommendation of any sort.

Cheshire and London

"I don't believe it makes people fake or less real because they don't show them.

I don't need to know how good Joe was at making Doris cum like a train and gush all over the place. *vomits* That's between Joe and Doris.

"

We also don't believe in not showing your verifications makes you less real or fake..but we would like to know if a person has actually played and not just cammed!

Again we also don't take too much notice of what the words say, though to say we cringe would be going a little too far!

But as we travel quite a few miles to meet someone, not having any idea of if they will turn up or not is important to us, so we only have verification to go on and usually if they have turned up for a few others then they normally show , we have only ever had 1 or 2 back out and they have given us notice, so has worked so far.

Discretion while important to us also, as we meet at parties and clubs with lots of people, we understand that discretion in these circumstances is more difficult.

We also let people know our FAB profile name and if they then let others know about us that's OK, as again we have met many good meets this way over the years.

As we meet ONLY single guys (no females or couples)there are obviously loads of single guys joining the site after a few beers on FRi/Sat night they may be married etc..so again the verification allows us to filter a little

Edinburgh

Yup... like I said, we all do things differently and your way works for you. I just wouldn't like any verification system to be compulsory. I like that I can opt out whilst you can opt in. Everyone is happy.

I just wondered in my original response why the poster thought there should be no option to opt out... I'm still none the wiser.

By *ohnny4playMan  over a year ago

Kinross

Admin x"

Could be tricky to block the user if they have already left the site.

I have one veri from a male that is mentioned on the summary, but I cannot display the veri to show it was a fellow social attendee and not a play meet.

As I result I am now considering that it may be better to hide the summary.

Shame as I would prefer to be transparent (rather than hiding information) to more correctly portray myself.

By *ohnny4playMan  over a year ago

Kinross

The Muncher

(I can hear a few bi guys rumbling "but you claim to be straight yet have verifications from guys! Are you in the closet??" - No, I just don't have a problem chatting and having a laugh with other guys at socials - if they choose to verify me, I won't complain "

Cheshire and London

"

I just wondered in my original response why the poster thought there should be no option to opt out... I'm still none the wiser. "

I think they can see the same issue that we have, the current system if you decide to hide your verifications, you are unable to see if the verification is for a meet or a cam.

The new system only allows you to work this out if you show the new features, which most won't! so they want to make people show the info so they can see if someone has been verified by meet as like us we ONLY want to meet people who are verified by meet as we disregard cams ONLY verifications.

Like we said originally we don't want to make anything compulsory, just different colours so you can see if they are verified by meet, cam or both,seems easy, no kneed to see the wording, as like you what's it matter, or to see how many of each or how many people etc...

By *ord n Lady LoverocketCouple  over a year ago

Wiltshire

"Great idea - although the tick allows other to see you have been verified, that could have been from one very old verification. Now you have an idea of how many and when was the last verification, even if not shown. This all helps to give an indication of those who are genuine.

Obviously having no verifications does not make for fake or timewaster but helps people to make up their own minds."

Very true x

By *ord n Lady LoverocketCouple  over a year ago

Wiltshire

Great addition

Very good indeed, love it.

By *b061Man  over a year ago

South

Thanks for the new feature - certainly useful when one's verifiers have left the site. javascript:doSmilie(' ')

Rgds, Joe X

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

I really like this improvement admin, thank you!

Apologies if this has already been said, I have not read every post.

It would be great to be able to have a 'Social meet' option to display in the synopsis in comparison with 'play meet'

Keep up the excellent work

By *anictechCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow - ish ;-)

Well i realise everyone loves this option but I have a gripe:

Fab stores data, if users left the site the data is still stored. what else is stored? All messages? photos? Videos?

When we signed up for the site we were not informed that all data sent /recieved would be stored. We dont see this function as a positive move.. MT

In Your Bush

A question out of curiosity to all the people saying how good they think it is.

A fair few of you don't seem to be displaying it. How come?

By *anictechCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow - ish ;-)

well we will put up hands up in shame, we are party people, if we displayed how many folks me have met? We would be so chucked...............

Its an unfair system XxX MT

By *xy_guy300Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Damn got a little more than I thought lol

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Well i realise everyone loves this option but I have a gripe:

Fab stores data, if users left the site the data is still stored. what else is stored? All messages? photos? Videos?

When we signed up for the site we were not informed that all data sent /recieved would be stored. We dont see this function as a positive move.. MT"

We keep a count but no personal data is retained. This is why we cannot show the verification text once a user leaves the site.

Over a million messages are sent each day. Even if we wanted to and were allowed to (we don't and we aren't), it wouldn't be practical in terms of storage to retain anything - the numbers are far too big.

Admin x

In Your Bush

"

We keep a count but no personal data is retained. This is why we cannot show the verification text once a user leaves the site.

Admin x"

Thanks for clarifying this Admin. Is this the first time you have revealed this? Members have been requesting this for months and months. Would have saved a fair bit of time and frustration.

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"

Admin x

Thanks for clarifying this Admin. Is this the first time you have revealed this? Members have been requesting this for months and months. Would have saved a fair bit of time and frustration. "

We have said dozens of times, mostly every time that this comes up, that we can't show verification details once someone leaves the site because it is removed. We'll add to the FAQ so we can just refer folks there.

Admin x

In Your Bush

"

Admin x

Thanks for clarifying this Admin. Is this the first time you have revealed this? Members have been requesting this for months and months. Would have saved a fair bit of time and frustration.

We have said dozens of times, mostly every time that this comes up, that we can't show verification details once someone leaves the site because it is removed. We'll add to the FAQ so we can just refer folks there.

Admin x"

Good idea. Thanks

By *izzjulezWoman  over a year ago

Essex

I've had an email already from a guy telling me to turn my summary off because it doesn't look good, what people are not gonna realise is that i've been on Fabs for four years and that some are from social meets too. Maybe we should have how long we've been a member on here for showing.

By *it of fun cplCouple  over a year ago

village between York and Hull

Not sure what value it has really as someone else has stated it would be better if it showen meeting in person or just webcam meets and how long someone has been a member.. ours shows 73 meets but we have been on here since 2008 or 2009 not sure how long! they could have all been webcam so dont think it really helps but glad to see admin are trying new things

Toronto

It clearly shows the type of verification. Meet and cam veris are distinguished (see mine for an example)

It is merely a snapshot, and shouldn't be usedsolely tomake any decisions.

By *izzjulezWoman  over a year ago

Essex

It seemed as if I was being judged by the amount of meets showing on my summary and I was surprised by the attitude from someone on a site like this.

I really like this summary. Well done Admin

I'm opting out I'm afraid and like fact I can do this. It's a) private how many or little times I meet b) displaying veris has always been a difficult one for ( self promoting ) I love the idea of colour coded ticks for meet in person or cam verification

"It seemed as if I was being judged by the amount of meets showing on my summary and I was surprised by the attitude from someone on a site like this."

If they are judging you for the way you choose to play then would you have been compatible? My guess is probably not, so if they are put off by the numbers then to me it's worked to deter someone I'm most likely better off not meeting...great tool to me!

"I've had an email already from a guy telling me to turn my summary off because it doesn't look good, what people are not gonna realise is that i've been on Fabs for four years and that some are from social meets too. Maybe we should have how long we've been a member on here for showing."

This post kind of proves my earlier point about where the verification system is going. To explain the contributors stats would need more detail in the summary (eg. length of time on Fabs, avg meets per year, social or play meet, etc) and would anyone viewing it actually understand the picture the summary is painting, or even read it at all??? We see enough threads in the forums complaining about peoples profiles not being read as it is, so it's a bit unrealistic to expect this addition to be read too, isn't it..?

I doubt it in either case, to be honest.

The only thing that the above user has learned about the guy questioning her veri summary is that he seems quite judgemental and would probably not be the kind of guy she'd want to meet anyway

I keep coming back to my experience on another site with no veri system at all - you took people for what they ARE, and NOT for how many people they'd shagged.

I think it needs to be sorted out exactly WHAT the veri system is there for? To us, all we want to know is if someone has actually been met in person by other users, thus confirming there is a real person behind the profile. We are not interested in what they did, or did not do, with anyone else - only what they 'could' do with US...

I just hope this prompts a more intelligent discussion about the veri system on here, cos it badly needs it...

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"To explain the contributors stats would need more detail in the summary (eg. length of time on Fabs, avg meets per year, social or play meet, etc)"
At the moment, the only info, from that selection, that Fab actually has is Avg _VERIS_ per year! People who meet each other regularly tend not to continue issuing a Veri for every meet.

"To us, all we want to know is if someone has actually been met in person by other users, thus confirming there is a real person behind the profile."
Which is what the Veri system is designed to do!

By *obb2upCouple  over a year ago

Bangor

Hats off to Admin for this great addition to the profiles, it's fantastic!! Well done again

I still hate it,it makes people even more judgmental and prone to making completely wrong assumptions about any profiles that choose not to display it

People are becoming needlessly obssessed by other peoples profiles and verifications,its beyond ridiculous

"

It is merely a snapshot, and shouldn't be usedsolely tomake any decisions."

It should'nt but it is! Next thing people will be wanting to attend your meets with other people just to make sure you're genuine and that you fuck in manner thats acceptable to them

"I still hate it,it makes people even more judgmental and prone to making completely wrong assumptions about any profiles that choose not to display it

People are becoming needlessly obssessed by other peoples profiles and verifications,its beyond ridiculous

"

Toronto

"

It should'nt but it is! Next thing people will be wanting to attend your meets with other people just to make sure you're genuine and that you fuck in manner thats acceptable to them "

Haha, don't give some ideas.

"

It should'nt but it is! Next thing people will be wanting to attend your meets with other people just to make sure you're genuine and that you fuck in manner thats acceptable to them "

It's fine , admin are going to attend every meet whether social or play thereby ensuring everyone is just what they say they are. I also hear they gonna provide a plan on how said meets should go so everyone is singing from same hymn sheet.

By *vatarrMan  over a year ago

London Croydon

There is this member andi on fab we meet and I verified her genuine instead of her doing same she rather block me..pls help I wanna delete my verification frm hers pls help

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

"There is this member andi on fab we meet and I verified her genuine instead of her doing same she rather block me..pls help I wanna delete my verification frm hers pls help "

You can't. The only way you can remove the verification from her profile is to block her.

If you remove the block the verification will show again.

Great feature - it is very useful for sorting out fakes from genuine swingers - some peeps say they won't publish their verifications - but there is no excuse not to publish this new "summary" .. We have started using it as a brilliant filter tool - if they don't publish verification summary or recent verifications - we block / dont respond - because we have found repeatly they are fakes! So it's a great feature - and should be made compulsory !;-)

"Great feature - it is very useful for sorting out fakes from genuine swingers - some peeps say they won't publish their verifications - but there is no excuse not to publish this new "summary" .. We have started using it as a brilliant filter tool - if they don't publish verification summary or recent verifications - we block / dont respond - because we have found repeatly they are fakes! So it's a great feature - and should be made compulsory !;-) "

Yes fake here block me now because I don't think its anyones elses business on this site how many people I have met so I won't be showing the summary to anyone

Im photo verified and meet verified and now even that is'nt good enough,the whole feature is nothing but a tool to accuse people of being fake for not showing it

"Great feature - it is very useful for sorting out fakes from genuine swingers - some peeps say they won't publish their verifications - but there is no excuse not to publish this new "summary" .. We have started using it as a brilliant filter tool - if they don't publish verification summary or recent verifications - we block / dont respond - because we have found repeatly they are fakes! So it's a great feature - and should be made compulsory !;-)

Yes fake here block me now because I don't think its anyones elses business on this site how many people I have met so I won't be showing the summary to anyone

Im photo verified and meet verified and now even that is'nt good enough,the whole feature is nothing but a tool to accuse people of being fake for not showing it

"

Guess I'm going to be blocked by loads as well , oh well I'm sure that will be my loss

I don't think ive ever felt as strongly about a change on this site in 5 years,this one has pissed me off so much,all we asked for was a coloured tick system to show cam from meet veris because so many people don't like cam veris and we get this instead

Im taking my fake ass with my fake meet veris and my fake photo veri out of this thread as its winding me up now

"I don't think ive ever felt as strongly about a change on this site in 5 years,this one has pissed me off so much,all we asked for was a coloured tick system to show cam from meet veris because so many people don't like cam veris and we get this instead

Im taking my fake ass with my fake meet veris and my fake photo veri out of this thread as its winding me up now "

I'm with you there

"I don't think ive ever felt as strongly about a change on this site in 5 years,this one has pissed me off so much,all we asked for was a coloured tick system to show cam from meet veris because so many people don't like cam veris and we get this instead

Im taking my fake ass with my fake meet veris and my fake photo veri out of this thread as its winding me up now

I'm with you there "

I'm with you too... But.... If people need to see the summary so badly and think I am fake because I don't show it then that's fine by me. If they are so uptight and pathetic then I don't want to meet them.

So it's actually a great tool for ing out the uptight people that can't think for themselves.

I'm with you there

I'm with you too... But.... If people need to see the summary so badly and think I am fake because I don't show it then that's fine by me. If they are so uptight and pathetic then I don't want to meet them.

So it's actually a great tool for ing out the uptight people that can't think for themselves. "

Now that's the best post I've read on this, never thought of it like that so thank you

In Your Bush

It's a pity polls aren't conducted to gauge users opinions before changes like this are implemented.

"Great feature - it is very useful for sorting out fakes from genuine swingers - some peeps say they won't publish their verifications - but there is no excuse not to publish this new "summary" .. We have started using it as a brilliant filter tool - if they don't publish verification summary or recent verifications - we block / dont respond - because we have found repeatly they are fakes! So it's a great feature - and should be made compulsory !;-) "

I knew we'd have a post like this in this thread eventually.

Sorry to say this, but if you are that naive to put ALL your ENTIRE faith in a list of veris and now the summary too, then I think you really need to take a good long look in the mirror at how you're going about all of this.

We're not fakes - far from it - but I am getting sick and tired of justifying 'who we are' to people based on THEIR judgement of what is displayed on our profile.

Going away now to have a serious think about what we display for the 'judgement' of others.....

An annoyed ted.

Toronto

Dear me....it REALLY isn't that big a deal people. It is an OPTIONAL feature.

Don't like it...don't display it.

Think someone is "fake" for not displaying it? You need to reassess your priorities.

Making judgements on those who display it (or the number of meets/ verifications it shows when displayed)? You also really need to sort how you use this site.

And everything in between.

At the end of the day, it is another in the growing list of tools we have here for our benefit. Use any combination of them to make INFORMED decisions about who you choose to spend your time with. Or don't.

I hasten to add:

tl:dr - it is optional, not forced on you, and there are considerably more important things to worry about. hopefully admin and the site owners have even more robust features coming. That is all.

Love the new feature. Great job Admin

By *issHottieBottieWoman  over a year ago

Kent

Just read the while thread. I now understand why old veri's are removed thanks admin I've never seen the response before, apologies if your fed up of repeating yourselves!

As for the summary I'm not keen. I won't be showing it. I do think that different colour symbols for cam/meet verify and poss social meets too are a good idea but for me this is all a bit too much info.

By *ovely CummingsWoman  over a year ago

Peaky Nipples

I like. I don't show my verifications because i like my privacy, this is a good compromise for discretion

Maybe a future improvement could be that site supporters get more 'filter' options to what is or isn't shown on the summary? To address some of the gripes others have?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

As usual a new tool that is optional to use.

I'm not keen to be honest. I've displayed a few veris from people I have met and had fun with to prove I'm genuine. I have veris from people I have spoken to at clubs and there is nothing to differentiate these so it looks like I play with a lot more people than I do.

Although this is a great feature - the discreet users of fab may not be willing to use this feature as there guilty pleasures will be displayed I'm terms of what gender they have had relations with

I would suggest a breakdown in the feature

1. Listing a total of the verifications and how gained ie meet, web

2. A breakdown of who has been met, couple, male, female

The user should have the option to display both features as point 2 may want to be kept secretive for the majority

Looks like some people want more info from this feature.... and some people want less.

Further up the thread, there was a suggestion that 'social' meets should be counted separately from 'play' meets.

The next suggestion will be that the verification summary should show how many miles apart the verifiers are from each other! We're only one step away from Fab being asked to list who has shagged who!

Can't we all just use our judgements????

Can we please have a delete verification option too please admin

"Can we please have a delete verification option too please admin"

If you block them the verifications don't show. If you unblock them they show again.

In Your Bush

"Can we please have a delete verification option too please admin"

It still won't change your summary

By *iosCouple  over a year ago

worthing

Why no body like to meet me .?

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

Continuous Improvements to the site make for a better experience for all. However, such improvements ought to be tested and put to a panel of people before they are implemented. This would out the potential issues and raise the recurring important questions, hence helping Admins to develop a better tool more customised to the needs of the members. Admitedly it is impossible to please everyone, but to not try to gain an understanding of what a customer wants is not best practice in any industry.

Toronto

People would complain that they weren't a part of the QA/ Alpha/ test group anyway. Or that there wasn't a broad enough cross section of users. Or something else.

"Very welcome addition to our profile

Is there any reason why you can't just make old verifications show up instead though?

Seems unfair that if someone leaves you lose their verification. In our case, nearly a dozen of them "

Make a note of your verifications on word, that way if someone leaves, you can incorporate it in your profile as I have seen some people do

"Continuous Improvements to the site make for a better experience for all. However, such improvements ought to be tested and put to a panel of people before they are implemented. This would out the potential issues and raise the recurring important questions, hence helping Admins to develop a better tool more customised to the needs of the members. Admitedly it is impossible to please everyone, but to not try to gain an understanding of what a customer wants is not best practice in any industry."

Absolutely as realistically, if one is verified, why have both or is this new idea geared towards those who don't like to show their verifications?

"

ooo a gangbang in the local Asda

"

It should'nt but it is! Next thing people will be wanting to attend your meets with other people just to make sure you're genuine and that you fuck in manner thats acceptable to them

ooo a gangbang in the local Asda "

Pasta aisle, Thursday..??

"

"

oooo ya sweet talker you

In Your Bush

Admin

I don't think this had been mentioned at all, but what category have the old phone veris been put into? As I haven't seen any mention in the summaries?

"

oooo ya sweet talker you"

Well, you wouldn't want it in 'Bleach and Wu Liq' would you..????

By *yLongJourneyMan  over a year ago

Lowestoft

dont know anything about this verification malarky as i havent been verified by anyone at all as nobody wants to help me out on this ie meet me

» Add a new message to this topic