FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > New part to the forums

New part to the forums

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *he Happy Man OP   Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

I think it would be good to have a new part to the forums.

We have parts like the lounge, site feedback, swinging support and advice etc. What about one called Frequently Asked Questions?

That way we could hopefully stop people asking the same (often moaning) questions like

"Why are people so ignorant. I message people and they don't even reply with a no thanks"

"I have been on here for 1 week and not had a meet. How do I get my first meet or is this site just full of time wasters"

"Anybody know of any good dogging places?"

A mod could always add to the Frequently Asked Questions as and when is needed. If we see a question getting posted over and over in the forums it gets added to the Frequently Asked Questions. The Frequently Asked Questions should be read only.

Also as only less than 1% of site members read the forums when somebody first joins up a message containing the Frequently Asked Questions automatically gets sent to that person or couple.

I am sure I am not the only person sick of seeing the same questions asked time and time again in the forums lol.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

If people are not going to look for and read the threads that are already there, will they read them if they were in a certain section?

Admin already answer a couple of the questions in the FAQ section at the bottom of every page, but it is obvious they don't read that either.

There are new posters coming through the forums all the time who might need advice or ask a question, would it be alienating them if they were only allowed to ask certain questions?

You would get different answers to the same question anyway....so there is never a definitive answer to any one question.

We were all new at some point.

(PS before anyone is confused, this is a personal view)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe if there was a sticky thread which contained this information, some might read it but I suspect that in the great scheme of things a large proportion of members would still ignore it and continue to start a new thread.

A lot of these type of threads give the posters a means, rightly or wrongly, of venting their anger and some woudn't see a simple FAQ thread as sufficient

» Add a new message to this topic