FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Interacial search option

Interacial search option

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *onny Bones OP   Man  over a year ago

a block away from heaven

I know that it has been mentioned before which raises the question as to why admin do not listen?

Why can I not specify the race of the person that I would like to play with? This works quite well on other sites and saves a lot of time and embarrassment.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

I was thinking this earlier because I want to put up a meet request for a group of black or Asian men, but I can't. And I don't want to put it on the meet request as I don't want to piss people off. I'll just have to take my chances.

a block away from heaven

"I was thinking this earlier because I want to put up a meet request for a group of black or Asian men, but I can't. And I don't want to put it on the meet request as I don't want to piss people off. I'll just have to take my chances."

I just think it is quite common that people will want to search for preferences and it makes me wonder why it can not be a feature of such a popular site

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Anything that labels people and causes division is a step backwards! and if admin did reply or act on your suggestion, it would be a huge step backwards.

On the other fab site for guys there is a tick box to show your colour.

By *habsMan  over a year ago

Fortress of Solitude, Middlesex

"Anything that labels people and causes division is a step backwards! and if admin did reply or act on your suggestion, it would be a huge step backwards.

On the other fab site for guys there is a tick box to show your colour."

Hang on,if "Anything that labels people and causes division" is to be true, then that suggests anyone expressing ANY form of preference is a bad thing. Shall we get rid of all the personalisations for people that want bi guys or TV/TS then?

Or are we to assume its a free for all, no preferences wanted or desired?

I think fab dont do it as they class as everyone as equal and not as color.

[Removed by poster at 17/11/13 21:29:33]

I don't think it a question of 'labelling' or equality but simply one of choice. If it is not too difficult technically or too expensive to add yet another search criteria then why not?

I seem to remember the argument about divisions and retrograde steps being used when verifications were first mentioned as an idea...and splitting the chatrooms into geographic regions...and

Perhaps if enough people want it and voice it then Admin will listen...or al least say why they cannot/will not consider it.

"Anything that labels people and causes division is a step backwards! and if admin did reply or act on your suggestion, it would be a huge step backwards.

On the other fab site for guys there is a tick box to show your colour.

Hang on,if "Anything that labels people and causes division" is to be true, then that suggests anyone expressing ANY form of preference is a bad thing. Shall we get rid of all the personalisations for people that want bi guys or TV/TS then?

Or are we to assume its a free for all, no preferences wanted or desired?"

I am not a tv or ts, I do drag, a parody of a woman, but no box to tick for that.

"I think fab dont do it as they class as everyone as equal and not as color."

a block away from heaven

"I think fab dont do it as they class as everyone as equal and not as color.

"

Surely we having preferences does not cause divide, I believe it creates variety. There are many that would find sleeping someone of a particular race an exciting proposition and would want to spend less time contacting those that may not welcome their advance.

I have been around enough people who indulge in the lifestyle to understand that a sexual preference is just that. I would like to focus my energies on those that will like to indulge in the same as myself.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Personally i think those that want black should able to search black. Those that want white should be able to search white. Those that don't mind should have an option to search men

kinky land

"I was thinking this earlier because I want to put up a meet request for a group of black or Asian men, but I can't. And I don't want to put it on the meet request as I don't want to piss people off. I'll just have to take my chances."

Hmm a few black men for a mmf+ i like your thinking

Yes would like to be able to search the ones who search if you see what I mean !!!

P.s hope this won't get hijacked by the " I want to be seen as a person and not black" crew #justsayin

Being a white woman, who only plays with black men. (As it's my own personal preference!) I would welcome the idea..!!

a block away from heaven

Beggars belief as to why admin won't include the option!

By *aulnorthumberlandMan  over a year ago

Blyth

so no matter what, you don't 'do' white guys?NICE! what ever you do don't put, you don't do black guys with out some sort of apology as seems to be the case whenever any one puts that preference

By *innamon ChallengeMan  over a year ago

London

Yep, it's needed. I don't know why they would do a age filter, and not one for race/ethnicity.

It's not really that controversial, even myspace had a race/ethnicity filter.

"I think fab dont do it as they class as everyone as equal and not as color.

Surely we having preferences does not cause divide, I believe it creates variety. There are many that would find sleeping someone of a particular race an exciting proposition and would want to spend less time contacting those that may not welcome their advance.

I have been around enough people who indulge in the lifestyle to understand that a sexual preference is just that. I would like to focus my energies on those that will like to indulge in the same as myself."

Yes your right there, I have had sex with many black girls and few asians, I dont got a thing I go for, I like all girls hehe .

"so no matter what, you don't 'do' white guys?NICE! what ever you do don't put, you don't do black guys with out some sort of apology as seems to be the case whenever any one puts that preference "

No one should feel the need to apologise for having what they want..! I certainly don't. I personally don't find white men sexually attractive, which I'm not going to apologise for!

Too many narrow minded people that take offence to silly little things in this place, everyone has a right to their own choice..!!

Sexual preference is just that, you should not have to apologise for it. But that is how society makes you feel now, you have to apologise for everything. An ethnicity search option should be available and it be nice to from admin why they never included it when they done their advance search upgrade.

By *indingDeemoMan  over a year ago

Manchester

The amount of profiles I've had a look at that clearly state no Blacks, Asians as not their prefences, proves their should be some sort of system I place. I mean it not not racist and/or segregation to have this system it just as people state their preferences which may also help lessen the amout of eating each others time when send send messages wen not what the other is looking for.

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"so no matter what, you don't 'do' white guys?NICE! what ever you do don't put, you don't do black guys with out some sort of apology as seems to be the case whenever any one puts that preference

No one should feel the need to apologise for having what they want..! I certainly don't. I personally don't find white men sexually attractive, which I'm not going to apologise for!

Too many narrow minded people that take offence to silly little things in this place, everyone has a right to their own choice..!! "

deffo agree!!

By *bony in IvoryCouple  over a year ago

Black&White Utopia

"so no matter what, you don't 'do' white guys?NICE! what ever you do don't put, you don't do black guys with out some sort of apology as seems to be the case whenever any one puts that preference "
what? apology for what? So should every one make their apologies to all for what they into and not into? Oh Lord!!! Diabolical! if some are not into black men ... Thats their choice as my choice is also mine , is an individual thing totaly . ( and shared my many!!! Lol )

to walk round and say you don't like blacks or Asians is racist but to say you don't want white is fine? what the fuck does it really matter

"to walk round and say you don't like blacks or Asians is racist but to say you don't want white is fine? what the fuck does it really matter "
well personally I wouldn't touch blacks! But I don't feel the need to apologize for that

kinky land

Having had a pm on here ref a 'new site' I think fabs really needs to look at this, because it is something that comes up often and if people are using fabs to spam and give out details of sites that will allow this feature, how long until people use somewhere else?

"to walk round and say you don't like blacks or Asians is racist but to say you don't want white is fine? what the fuck does it really matter "

Yes, to say "I don't want white men" is more than acceptable in my eyes, I'm sure you have sexual preferences yourself...?!

"to walk round and say you don't like blacks or Asians is racist but to say you don't want white is fine? what the fuck does it really matter

Yes, to say "I don't want white men" is more than acceptable in my eyes, I'm sure you have sexual preferences yourself...?! "

don't have any preference people are people and we all inhabit the same world......its the mind and the brain that attracts be so it wouldn't bother me if you were blue with big purple spots

By *istressdebssubCouple  over a year ago

cambridge

"I know that it has been mentioned before which raises the question as to why admin do not listen?

Why can I not specify the race of the person that I would like to play with? This works quite well on other sites and saves a lot of time and embarrassment. "

below is admin post on another forum post asking for the same thing . the post is 47 weeks old

By _j_mark Find posts by _j_mark Couple (MF) 47 weeks ago

Tampa

We will do this.

Admin x

By *otwife33Woman  over a year ago

north Bedfordshire

[Removed by poster at 23/11/13 10:03:22]

"I know that it has been mentioned before which raises the question as to why admin do not listen?

Why can I not specify the race of the person that I would like to play with? This works quite well on other sites and saves a lot of time and embarrassment. below is admin post on another forum post asking for the same thing . the post is 47 weeks old

By _j_mark Find posts by _j_mark Couple (MF) 47 weeks ago

Tampa

We will do this.

Admin x "

bi search/filtering took over 2 years..

47 weeks is nothing really

kinky land

At least 2 years. And given how a lot of people lie about their sexuality

Almost as good as the distance thing introduced. Now the site is awash with fake post codes.

This request has been around longer than 47 weeks though

By *rBrownnSexyMan  over a year ago

Destination Unknown Munster

"Being a white woman, who only plays with black men. (As it's my own personal preference!) I would welcome the idea..!! "

My wife is black and she is not into Black or Asian men, she never has been, they just don't do it for her at all. If you want to meet a white guy or a Black female we should be able to search for that.

People get so hung up on this race issue. Normally its the white liberal's telling us what people of different ethnic back grounds want lol.

a block away from heaven

Hopefully a decision is made and a solution found in the near future.

On the other fab site for guys there is a tick box to show your colour."

Ok I'll rephrase my earlier response (seeing as the point of my previous was missed).

The very fact the site puts "males" in one box and "females" in another box (or if you like, "singles" and "couples") already creates the very divide you'd rather not see. If this [divide] is to be so much feared then lets get rid of all the male/female/single/couple/"age"/"height" descriptions which could cause one person to be differentiated form another, and roll the dice on the day and see who we get. Problem solved - no divisions or boxes or labels whatsoever.

"to walk round and say you don't like blacks or Asians is racist but to say you don't want white is fine? what the fuck does it really matter well personally I wouldn't touch blacks! But I don't feel the need to apologize for that "

Hang on, yes its a segway, but since when was it racist for anyone to say "I don't want to shag a black guy"? As a black guy, if anyone does not want to meet me on the basis of the colour of my skin alone, then that's is their choice and cross to bear, not mine. For every person that does not want to meet me (and their reasons why) there will always be another person to prove the previous wrong.

I find no offence in it at all, its what I love about preference and people. acting on it.

cambridge

The racist card is nonsense but always rears it's ugly head . This is about sexual preference and fun ! Deb is really attracted to black guys . However she is not attracted to Indian , Asian ,Pakistani or Oriental guys . She is no way racist and in the street or work place they would all be treated as equals . The fact that she is attracted to black guys for fun has nothing to do with racism !!!!

a block away from heaven

"The racist card is nonsense but always rears it's ugly head . This is about sexual preference and fun ! Deb is really attracted to black guys . However she is not attracted to Indian , Asian ,Pakistani or Oriental guys . She is no way racist and in the street or work place they would all be treated as equals . The fact that she is attracted to black guys for fun has nothing to do with racism !!!!"

I think the answer is as no option to specify what race of person you wish to play with.

"The racist card is nonsense but always rears it's ugly head . This is about sexual preference and fun ! Deb is really attracted to black guys . However she is not attracted to Indian , Asian ,Pakistani or Oriental guys . She is no way racist and in the street or work place they would all be treated as equals . The fact that she is attracted to black guys for fun has nothing to do with racism !!!!"

I'm actually tempted to save this and copy and paste it every time I get a hard time from someone for only playing with black guys...!

cambridge

"The racist card is nonsense but always rears it's ugly head . This is about sexual preference and fun ! Deb is really attracted to black guys . However she is not attracted to Indian , Asian ,Pakistani or Oriental guys . She is no way racist and in the street or work place they would all be treated as equals . The fact that she is attracted to black guys for fun has nothing to do with racism !!!!

I'm actually tempted to save this and copy and paste it every time I get a hard time from someone for only playing with black guys...! "

feel free to do so there is no copyright just common sense

"I think the answer is as no option to specify what race of person you wish to play with."

But here's the problem: what preferences should the site provide the option to select (ie, filter) when seeking?

As you've said, ethnicity/race: No.

Height: No?

Orientation: Yes?

Funny enough, everyone has something they prefer... and even those that claim not to have any preference are lying: "of legal age with a pulse" is still a preference!

By * Busty HotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

"Personally i think those that want black should able to search black. Those that want white should be able to search white. Those that don't mind should have an option to search men "

Agreed.

It would make it much easier for everybody if we could refine our searches a little. Some people only wanna meet white, others black, others Asian. How easy and time saving to narrow it down a little?

"I think the answer is as no option to specify what race of person you wish to play with.

But here's the problem: what preferences should the site provide the option to select (ie, filter) when seeking?

As you've said, ethnicity/race: No.

Height: No?

Orientation: Yes?

Funny enough, everyone has something they prefer... and even those that claim not to have any preference are lying: "of legal age with a pulse" is still a preference!"

well said!.x

I agree its not racist, we state on our profile our preference is black guys only but we still get messages from white and Asian that we have to delete and block, then if we browse profiles it takes so long due to most of them being white.

Politics aside it's needed. They doing it or not?

a block away from heaven

"Politics aside it's needed. They doing it or not?"

Seems impossible to get an answer from admin!

If you're a black bi bull give us a try, if you're white, walk on by.....!

Another forum post introducing segregation in

the form of searching for your own preference?

By *laakmandubMan  over a year ago

Maynooth

This got nothing to do with racism, sometimes I just want to have fun with other ethnicity like Asian, Latino, etc. It would be nice to have this option Admin.

I believe why this hasn't been included as when we register on the site we do not specify ethnicity. So to search for a particular ethnicity would not be possible.

I'd love to see it happen but realistically a lot would have to change for it to be possible

kinky land

I've actually joined another site with this function.

I search them there ask them their fabs name then contact them on here.

If admin don't do something along these lines soon; a large amount of people will look else where.

Simply because its so much easier & saves me searching profiles on here. The amount of white men with black in their user name!!!

Until people go elsewhere ....

When that happens maybe they will introduce it here.

There is nothing wrong with an opt out of skin colour for those few that don't want to state what they are.

By *itTVlondonTV/TS  over a year ago

London

I think this will happen but we'll have to pay for it in an Enhanced Search feature; I'd rather the search remain free. Fpr all those who want the colour option then just SIMPLY put it in your profiles! It's so simple; here's an example: I only meet black guys or I meet Blacks and Whites etc etc; I don't need to say I do not meet ...; just say who you DO meet. When guys call me I always ask about ethnicity. If people are unhappy with that then they just move on. Simples!

By *irtydeviants82Couple  over a year ago

Exeter, Devon

It should definitely be an option to search for your preference right down to colour. If people do take offence maybe they shouldn't be here, everyone is entitled to their own likes/dislikes

Everyone needs to appreciate that Admin are far too busy introducing stuff like 'local most fabbed photos from a few days ago' to be adding features that are actually useful.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

This is something we'll do

Admin x

By *lacksausageMan  over a year ago

Birmingham Airport

I will tell you why it is not a feature on here.

The site makes money by keeping you logged in for longer. The site also makes money per click of the mouse. To make it easier for users to find what they want means they spend less time logged in. Pure economics, folks! Considering the fact that it is a free site; we should count our blessings.

In the same breath; i wish to register my protest: WE WANT A RACE FILTER.

I have a dream: please join the struggle and one day each can find and fuck whatever colour sausage or pie they want with ease. Power to the people!!!

a block away from heaven

"This is something we'll do

Admin x"

"Everyone needs to appreciate that Admin are far too busy introducing stuff like 'local most fabbed photos from a few days ago' to be adding features that are actually useful. "

kinky land

Admin x"

This year?

By *wo4moreCouple  over a year ago

around walsall, wolves, cannock

Admin x

This year? "

This decade?

Should hav a filter for how big a person is aswell, big girls have every right to play and do as they wish but its not somthing i am into or like having too see and would like to filter them out

By *lade19752Man  over a year ago

London

[Removed by poster at 06/01/14 15:45:39]

By *lade19752Man  over a year ago

London

"Everyone needs to appreciate that Admin are far too busy introducing stuff like 'local most fabbed photos from a few days ago' to be adding features that are actually useful.

"

After many months on this lovely site I've just came to te end of my tether regarding this, I keep getting mail from people that clearly don't fit the criteria I'm looking for(even though my profile clearly states what I'm after, many times over) it's so tedious and annoying.

For the love of god, pleeeeease give us this filter!! :p

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

i've changed my mind on this...

I was against having this filter... actually now i am...

on one provision

if they are going to bring in this filter... can they also bring in a filter to exclude those that want to use it....

if people want to use it... cool.... let it also come with a possible consequence...

"i've changed my mind on this...

on one provision

if they are going to bring in this filter... can they also bring in a filter to exclude those that want to use it....

if people want to use it... cool.... let it also come with a possible consequence..."

Oh have it your way;p haha! Now give me my filter fix!

on one provision

if people want to use it... cool.... let it also come with a possible consequence..."

Excellent idea!

a block away from heaven

on one provision

Filter, no filter,.. I couldn't care less.. as long as strangers stop grabbing at my trousers first to check if I'm worth a shag!

"Should hav a filter for how big a person is aswell, big girls have every right to play and do as they wish but its not somthing i am into or like having too see and would like to filter them out"

As if people would state their weight! This fatty wouldn't. Don't look at pics, simple really!

kinky land

Filters?

I thought this was a search option?

The two are very different

kinky land

"Should hav a filter for how big a person is aswell, big girls have every right to play and do as they wish but its not somthing i am into or like having too see and would like to filter them out

As if people would state their weight! This fatty wouldn't. Don't look at pics, simple really!"

Im 67kgs, I have no hang ups about my weight

I'm surprised that this debate still rumbles on after so long but then it, perhaps, highlights just how strongly people feel about having the option to choose who they search for as potential playmates as well as who they do not want to hear from.

Amending the 'personal details' requirement in order to include Race/Enthnicity would enable that to be used both as a search option as well as a filter. Those wanting to find a playmate of a specific race/enthnicity could do so whilst those who explicitly did not want winks/messages from a particular group could filter/block them out.

It is simply a question of enabling choice and allowing people to exercise their refined preferences. We already do so in terms of Gender, Age and Sexual Orientation (and we single guys are blocked with ease!) so another parameter should not be beyond Admin's capabilities.

If Admin have advised that work is, indeed, already in hand then perhaps we should give then a little more time.

Quite simple when you post meets say you want a particular group if folk upset tough shit.

Same applies on profile put what you want. Believe it or not all meant to be adults but some folk attitudes beggar belief just because they do not fall into group you prefer.

Ahem...I've just been advised that Admin promised to introduce the Race/Ethnicity search option some 5 years ago...and we're still waiting!

Admin: any update would be gratefully received, please.

"Quite simple when you post meets say you want a particular group if folk upset tough shit.

Same applies on profile put what you want. Believe it or not all meant to be adults but some folk attitudes beggar belief just because they do not fall into group you prefer."

Regrettably, not everyone seems to read profiles in full and 'inapproriate' people will still insist on contacting you if you are unable to block or filter out their messages at the outset.

"Quite simple when you post meets say you want a particular group if folk upset tough shit.

Same applies on profile put what you want. Believe it or not all meant to be adults but some folk attitudes beggar belief just because they do not fall into group you prefer.

Regrettably, not everyone seems to read profiles in full and 'inapproriate' people will still insist on contacting you if you are unable to block or filter out their messages at the outset."

I've been getting SO fristrated exactly with that ore the last few days...

a block away from heaven

WE WON. IT'S HERE.... I HAVE TO SHOUT THIS FROM THE ROOF TOPS!

By *rBrownnSexyMan  over a year ago

Destination Unknown Munster

"WE WON. IT'S HERE.... I HAVE TO SHOUT THIS FROM THE ROOF TOPS!"

it works well on other sites?..I never understand that as all other sites are essentially shite.

all we will get now is people complaining theres more time wasters and no-shows due to their narrowing of their filters.

I cant for the life of me think whats 'embarrassing' about being outside someones preference via the website or in person(people who meet in clubs etc)

Am I to basically automatically assume because I'm black(ish)- I will get to meet and fuck anyone who has that as a preference?

well if it goes ahead, I hope it works for some..I'll stick to enjoying my time on the site without having to use my colour to get me meets.

cambridge

"it works well on other sites?..I never understand that as all other sites are essentially shite.

all we will get now is people complaining theres more time wasters and no-shows due to their narrowing of their filters.

I cant for the life of me think whats 'embarrassing' about being outside someones preference via the website or in person(people who meet in clubs etc)

Am I to basically automatically assume because I'm black(ish)- I will get to meet and fuck anyone who has that as a preference?

well if it goes ahead, I hope it works for some..I'll stick to enjoying my time on the site without having to use my colour to get me meets."

it is done !!!!!

Yiiiiiiippppppeeeeeee

I just had a look at it if you update your personal details it works. If you leave them as they are you don't appear on the search results.

If you want a race filter than what next a fat filter?

People come in different shapes, sizes and colours.. I can't believe how many people get hung up on trivial issues.. Ffs!

Ive just had a peek 5 blackmen within 20miles of me that accomodate lol Well that have put that they are black so far

Sod it im moving to London hehe

"If you want a race filter than what next a fat filter?

People come in different shapes, sizes and colours.. I can't believe how many people get hung up on trivial issues.. Ffs!"

Nearly Every official Form eg Job application has a part where u fill in about your ethnic background,so Why not fabswingers,

Its a useful tool to me and others,Its not a requirement for everyone to use

kinky land

People come in different shapes, sizes and colours.. I can't believe how many people get hung up on trivial issues.. Ffs!"

That's ok. Don't fill it in or use prefer not to say.

But then don't start complaining if you don't show on the search results

I'm not applying for a job... Anyway I want fab to put in a fat filter.. So many people on here are over weight!

Newcastle and Gateshead

People come in different shapes, sizes and colours.. I can't believe how many people get hung up on trivial issues.. Ffs!

But then don't start complaining if you don't show on the search results "

double edged sword.... don't also complain if people don't use it either...

I for one have no intention of using it, and if I then don't turn up on their specific searches... maybe its not a bad thing after all....

I for one have no intention of using it, and if I then don't turn up on their specific searches... maybe its not a bad thing after all...."

We'd prefer not to appear on any search feature.

However, other than "hiding" your profile which we dont want to do, there is no other way to do it.

"I'm not applying for a job... Anyway I want fab to put in a fat filter.. So many people on here are over weight! "

That was an example of how it is used in the real world,to highlight its usage.as people have mentioned alot of other sites have the ethnic option,its up to the individual if they want to be known as black or whether they want to search black,to help with there preferences

cambridge

why the negative comments . some wanted it , some didn't . it's done ! if you like it and find it helpful use it . if you don't like the idea don't use . why the drama pmsl

"why the negative comments . some wanted it , some didn't . it's done ! if you like it and find it helpful use it . if you don't like the idea don't use . why the drama pmsl "

Because the lifestyle is full of drama, bs and hypocrisy.

It's not as open and free thoughtful as everyone makes out.

By *taffs_hotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Lichfield

Finally, this is excellent news. Thanks.

Newcastle and Gateshead

why does it look like the site went and changes peoples ethnicity without notifying them?

I thought it was suppose to be an opt-in and use it if you wanted to... as opposed to an opt out!

for the first time I have to say I am really disappointed by the sites actions....

kinky land

I for one have no intention of using it, and if I then don't turn up on their specific searches... maybe its not a bad thing after all....

We'd prefer not to appear on any search feature.

However, other than "hiding" your profile which we dont want to do, there is no other way to do it."

Actually untick what you are looking for & you'll drop out most of the searches. Worked for me for years.

a block away from heaven

Don't like it, don't use it, simples!!! I thank admin for listening to those that did want a change and in my opinion rolled it out well.

kinky land

I thank them too.

Yes i might not do searches but its nice to know its finally there

Newcastle and Gateshead

"Don't like it, don't use it, simples!!! I thank admin for listening to those that did want a change and in my opinion rolled it out well. "

trust me... not using it NOW, wont be using it in the future...

point being, the decision should have been mine to make! rather than me just going in on the off chance to see how it is laid out and seeing they had put it on anyway....

irony being, wasn't the whole thing about your right to "choice" in the first place?

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"Don't like it, don't use it, simples!!! I thank admin for listening to those that did want a change and in my opinion rolled it out well.

point being, the decision should have been mine to make! rather than me just going in on the off chance to see how it is laid out and seeing they had put it on anyway....

irony being, wasn't the whole thing about your right to "choice" in the first place? "

Where people have stated their ethnicity/race on their profiles we have used that. Your profile says "I'm black" so our software picked up on that. We've not selected any ethnicities/race where people haven't stated it themselves.

You can opt out anytime and choose "Prefer not to say" at anytime

(We've done this because it saves people having to enter the data themselves and means the features is fairly useful from day #1)

Hope this helps explain. We definitely appreciate the feedback

Admin x

How would you search for instance a white cpl or fem who wanted to meet someone of * black/mixed/Hispanic etc etc

a block away from heaven

I don't think it is possible to Anton. The feature seems as though it has been kind of put in place yet not utilised to it's maximum. Bit weird. Almost like a 'there you go' kind of gesture!

Newcastle and Gateshead

"I don't think it is possible to Anton. The feature seems as though it has been kind of put in place yet not utilised to it's maximum. Bit weird. Almost like a 'there you go' kind of gesture!"

so you got the feature added... and you are still complaining... wow!!!

didn't admin say that anyone who had "black" in their description had their profile automatically changed...

maybe not as many people felt as comfortable with it as you possibly thought..... maybe it backfired.....

its there now... people have the option of using it... or not!

By *dventuroususCouple  over a year ago

sunderland

"Don't like it, don't use it, simples!!! I thank admin for listening to those that did want a change and in my opinion rolled it out well.

irony being, wasn't the whole thing about your right to "choice" in the first place?

Where people have stated their ethnicity/race on their profiles we have used that. Your profile says "I'm black" so our software picked up on that. We've not selected any ethnicities/race where people haven't stated it themselves.

You can opt out anytime and choose "Prefer not to say" at anytime

(We've done this because it saves people having to enter the data themselves and means the features is fairly useful from day #1)

Hope this helps explain. We definitely appreciate the feedback

Admin x"

but he shouldnt have had to opt out of something he didnt opt into, especially after using the site as it was for the amount of time he was, this just looks like a bad idea from the beginning.

I'd like for there to be some sort of filter for preference. Thinking about from another point of view. I've had a few messages where they've wanted to meet me from my profile, I gone onto theirs and they've fitted what i've wanted but when pics are swapped I'm not what they're looking for. I'd rather a filter be on where they just don't see me at all if I'm not their type and it saves getting a message back saying oh you look too fat or your cute but not good enough. I forget it and move on but will always knock your confidence a bit for the next person. I'd rather just not have to deal with it.

"I don't think it is possible to Anton. The feature seems as though it has been kind of put in place yet not utilised to it's maximum. Bit weird. Almost like a 'there you go' kind of gesture!

so you got the feature added... and you are still complaining... wow!!!

didn't admin say that anyone who had "black" in their description had their profile automatically changed...

maybe not as many people felt as comfortable with it as you possibly thought..... maybe it backfired.....

its there now... people have the option of using it... or not! "

The facility in theory is great, however the way it was released and the actual way it works is far from it.

The release was too much under the radar, in fact if you don't use the forum you may have missed it. There should have been something put in place, which automatically took you to the edit profile screen when you next logged on after it was set up. It should have explained that you had been brought there to do a mandatory profile update, and made you set your own ethnicity - giving you the option to leave it set to blank or prefer not to say if you wanted to "opt out".

The search itself is very poor, and not really fit for purpose if searching for couples. If you search for a single of a certain ethnicity, it finds anyone who has updated their profile (though as mentioned above that might not yield many results as a lot may be unaware). However if you search for couples, it brings up matches where either of the couple is of that ethnicity. You can't, for example, use the search to find couples with black females, without trawling through couples with black males or couples where both are black. It's just as poor as the sexuality filter. There you can only search couples who are both bi, not good if you are looking for single bi females, couples with bi females (with straight male), single bi males or couples with bi males (with straight female).

The thing that let's down both the sexuality search filter and the ethnicity search filter, is the basic profile set up. There is no male half and female half. Until admin sort this basic issue and gets everyone to re-edit their basic info the searches will never fully function. This is all basic stuff that make other sites ten steps ahead of this one in that regard.

sunderland

But isnt this the reason why this site is better than other sites, and so many people use it? Because of the way it is, the features it has and the fact its different from other sites.

"But isnt this the reason why this site is better than other sites, and so many people use it? Because of the way it is, the features it has and the fact its different from other sites."

We are not saying this site is not as good as others, nor are we saying it's better.

What we have said is why do half a job when releasing a feature, wait until it's fully ready before releasing it.

The most important thing to do is get the basics right. Any other site you can use, gives you the ability to set a male half and a female half to a profile. This site has no separation. Unless the people whose profile it is indicate it as part of their names. If the profile has two people of the same height and build but one is bi, how do you know if it's the male or the female? It's a basic thing that affects all of the searches and until it's resolved, the searches on the whole remain mostly pointless.

sunderland

Im only playing devils advocate here, but the way it is has worked perfectly fine up til now,and my comment regarding this site been better than others wasnt aimed at you, it was aimed at the gentleman that said other sites were streets ahead of this one because of features like this, my point is fabswingers has been as good as it is for as long as it has because its different to other sites.

» Add a new message to this topic