FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > timewasters

timewasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

i have had some good fun on this site and met some lovely people.but i am really sick of timewasters.

i am sick of getting ready [2hours it takes] only to be let down.

this site does nothing to stop them what so ever.why dont you have it like ebay. postive feedback,neutral and negative against each site members name then you would know where you stand

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bloody timewaster! 50 mile drive and you didn't show up. You should be banned from the site!

Now, I never had any arrangement to meet you. I live 300 miles from you. My point is, now that it's been posted, without my statement written here, you would have little chance of clearing your name. If you can think of some way to prevent malicious feedback (no site has done so to date) then you have a plan, if not, then suck it up and try again like the rest of us have to.

verifications (note multiple) do help in this area.

Cam verifications could do with being having a separate icon because it doesn't do anymore than a photo verification.

I would place very little faith in only cam verifications. It is not indicative of anyone who would want to meet in the flesh

"I would place very little faith in only cam verifications. It is not indicative of anyone who would want to meet in the flesh "

That's my point. The problem arises when someone has a Verification tick but doesn't display any written proof of meeting. So I avoid.

There are lots of timewasters on here but since we changed our meet criteria we haven't been let down so much at all.poppyxx

"I would place very little faith in only cam verifications. It is not indicative of anyone who would want to meet in the flesh

That's my point. The problem arises when someone has a Verification tick but doesn't display any written proof of meeting. So I avoid."

I don't think negative feedback would help ,I sometimes have got nervous or bottled out because of distance at the last minute.I think you have to take it on the chin and count the SUCCessful meets.jon

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"I don't think negative feedback would help ,I sometimes have got nervous or bottled out because of distance at the last minute.I think you have to take it on the chin and count the SUCCessful meets.jon "
If you had arranged meets, then not turned up, without letting the other parties know in reasonable time, then you would DESERVE to be labelled as an unreliable meet. The problem is that negative feedback would also be open to abuse!

By *CanDoThisAllDayCouple  over a year ago

Telford

We are getting so fed up of all the fakes and time wasters its unreal!

But having the ability to shame people or rate people is pretty bad as it means people can abuse the system Sure we want people to know some people are fakers or time wasters, we DO... But what if somebody just narks people on an off day on the forums, and then everybody goes on a revenge attack?

Maybe we could have a circle after a persons name that changes colour based on feedback... I just don't know. Its one of those "Its needed badly people if not done right it will be abused" style problems C xx

"i have had some good fun on this site and met some lovely people.but i am really sick of timewasters.

this site does nothing to stop them what so ever.why dont you have it like ebay. postive feedback,neutral and negative against each site members name then you would know where you stand"

It would be open to abuse.

TOPTIP.

most of your meets will be married " straight men" who try and fit you in at their convenience, to avoid time wasting, just chose one day, have it as your lady day, invite any meets to visit that day, so if one doesn't show, another will be on the way, I try and have 5 or 6 meets arranged on my lady day, so far always worked, even if 2 don't show. its about planning, remember full balls = empty heads, men , bless em

"i have had some good fun on this site and met some lovely people.but i am really sick of timewasters.

this site does nothing to stop them what so ever.why dont you have it like ebay. postive feedback,neutral and negative against each site members name then you would know where you stand"

This is a fun site not a business site, so totally different to ebay and commercial services sites.

By *ensual relaxationMan  over a year ago

south east

Unfortunately timewasters go with the territory on here

Everyone has their own criteria and measures that they use to try and le them down, but still many slip through. Some just bottle out at the last minute, whereas others have no intention of meeting and get some sort of kick from the communication prior.

Just stick to what you use to limit them, cam, phonecalls first etc, and use your gut instinct always. leaving bad veris can be so open to abuse and false reports that it will doubtfully work

By *irtyDee33Woman  over a year ago

South Yorkshire

this site does nothing to stop them what so ever.why dont you have it like ebay. postive feedback,neutral and negative against each site members name then you would know where you stand

It would be open to abuse.

TOPTIP.

most of your meets will be married " straight men" who try and fit you in at their convenience, to avoid time wasting, just chose one day, have it as your lady day, invite any meets to visit that day, so if one doesn't show, another will be on the way, I try and have 5 or 6 meets arranged on my lady day, so far always worked, even if 2 don't show. its about planning, remember full balls = empty heads, men , bless em "

Lol love it!!! And so true!!

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

We tend to invite double the number of single guys to our meets, and have never been let down yet...every time, without fail, only half show up.

I don't believe a site should 'bad mouth'anyone but could we have two categories in verification section such as 'no show' and 'no show but explanation given.'

As it stands, consistant timewasters can carry on regardless.

I'd be happy for them to be given a right of reply below the 'no show' verification and each of us then can decide if we wish to meet someone who has a nan who takes ill every Saturday night.

How do you all get fakes and timewasters?

We dont even get a responses to our messages asking other couples if they are interested in meeting.

We must be doing something wrong..

By *eepsouthCouple  over a year ago

Bournemouth

I think it's a bad idea as we do turn a lot of guys down nicely, then had abuse sent back by email then deleted us, so childish. Could just see us getting bad feedback cos we said "thank you for your email but we do not feel we are suited"

By * Busty HotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Bradford

"We are getting so fed up of all the fakes and time wasters its unreal!

But having the ability to shame people or rate people is pretty bad as it means people can abuse the system Sure we want people to know some people are fakers or time wasters, we DO... But what if somebody just narks people on an off day on the forums, and then everybody goes on a revenge attack?

Maybe we could have a circle after a persons name that changes colour based on feedback... I just don't know. Its one of those "Its needed badly people if not done right it will be abused" style problems C xx"

All this call for negative feedback is so naive it is unreal. Now don't get me wrong, we are absolutely sick of timewasters and have been f***** around as much as many others but the opportunity to give negative reports on folk would be abused by the same folk who mess everyone around.

And how many single guys call couples, who are fed up of crass or rude messages, time wasters? Lots. Because they don't see the error of their own ways so blame others.

The problem with this site is admin. You report people for not turning up and the site do nothing. You report profiles of couples advertising as single women and admin do nothing. And even, on the odd occasion they do respond, it's simple to start another profile from the same email addy! Ridiculous!!

However well meaning your proposals they'd be abused even more than the present system.

Bradford

I think it's a bad idea as we do turn a lot of guys down nicely, then had abuse sent back by email then deleted us, so childish. Could just see us getting bad feedback cos we said "thank you for your email but we do not feel we are suited" "

Exactly.

Bradford

[Removed by poster at 26/11/13 12:24:13]

Bradford

Just on a point about abuse. We've just received a message from a guy we've never communicated with asking us if we're still up for the meet and gangbanf we've arranged with him and his mates at the weekend!!

Idiots like that are exactly the type of moron who'd report genuine folk as time wasters for their own ends and rationalising it that we clearly must have done as they'd not make such a mistake. Crazy people on here would abuse everything that's meant for a good purpose!

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

hi all, we try very hard to out time wasters, which is not easy some people sound so convincing even face to face on skype, I think whey want to meet but get cold feet, which is so frustrating as we are marooned on a small island for 6 months of the year. but at least we have tourists to play with lol, the site meets we have had with genuine people have been fab so live with it shit happens, move on next please....connie xx

I've been let down a few time by genuine verified folks aswell I just move on I don't travel to far so Its not that bad for me and I always try and have a back up booty call waiting.

Timewasters are on both sides equally.

Many women are here to get complimented and chased after but so many will never ever meet. They are just to have a chat and be flattered. The guys that they do select are exactly the one that will let them down, time and time again. This is followed by grumpy statements on their updates which we all have to read..

As Telfordcouple86 mentioned, the different coloured circle idea is pretty good, still open to abuse though, so perhaps only allow a person to leave feedback once every 48hrs or something?

Bradford

"As Telfordcouple86 mentioned, the different coloured circle idea is pretty good, still open to abuse though, so perhaps only allow a person to leave feedback once every 48hrs or something? "

Allowing members to 'rate' others on any scale is just a disaster waiting to happen because as you admit, it is still open to abuse. There are a lot of time wasters and fantasists and they're the ones who'll abuse it mostly. Although more 'genuine folk' will too because the internet allows power and abuse of power to those who shouldn't be trusted with anything more complex than a duster.

are you not allowing a person to change their minds or a reason that would crop up like a relative ill or a car breakdown if you spend money on a person you know nothing about it is a risk you have to take

[Removed by poster at 29/11/13 09:02:49]

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

Time wasters will just bring out different profiles .nothing site can do about it .we just use this site fir meeting people at clubs now if they don't turn up at least we can meet like minded couples or singles there .adding get let down anymore and we can arrange party's or private meets with people we have fun with

» Add a new message to this topic