FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Postcode search???

Postcode search???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Methinks the postcode search engine needs a bit of attention. If you click on CB, it brings up profiles from as far apart as Colchester to York......I feel sorry for the poor postie who's got this round!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

You can't force users to enter consistent details.

Nope........but check out the CB postcode search and you'll see what I mean.

I did, and I do, hence my response.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i wouldn't put my postcode in

[Removed by poster at 21/09/10 14:50:41]

"I did, and I do, hence my response."

You obviously didn't because the CB search includes, Coventry, Northampton, Chesterfield, Barnsley, Sheffield, Rotherham, Derby and Northampton, to name but a few. All those people appearing in the search from the above towns and cities must be wondering why their response rate is somewhat low. Somebody should tell them they've moved!

We are from CB (CB3 actually) and find exactly the same problem but I'm not sure it's the search at fault, more people not filling in details properly.

Last time I did a CB search, top 3 posts were from bloody nottingham.

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

"I did, and I do, hence my response.

You obviously didn't because the CB search includes, Coventry, Northampton, Chesterfield, Barnsley, Sheffield, Rotherham, Derby and Northampton, to name but a few. All those people appearing in the search from the above towns and cities must be wondering why their response rate is somewhat low. Somebody should tell them they've moved!"

The problem here is the fact that that people can input anything as their town. So you could put CB has your postcode and Manchester has your town, why people do this is behond me, but their choice I suppose, but you need to use the correct postcode to get found in a search and then if you put another town this will just confuse the searcher!, best idea is just ignore those with the wrong town, will be their loss at the nend of the day!

Thank you, glad it wasn't just me.

It does not help when peoples geography is not too good either, you would not believe how many members from west yorkshire think they live in the north west!!

By *andcCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire and London

"It does not help when peoples geography is not too good either, you would not believe how many members from west yorkshire think they live in the north west!!"

Or is it that they want to be found in a North West search?

We are the same technically we live in North Staffordshire, which comes under the West Midlands, but we choose a Cheshire Postcode, so that we are found in North West searches, this is due to the fact that there are more towns and cities in the Northwest that are geographically closer to us than those in the West Midlands. But under the town field of our profile instaed of a town we put Cheshire/North Staffs

» Add a new message to this topic