FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Reporting status updates

Reporting status updates

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I recently reported a status where a user had named someone, I won't go into detail for obvious reasons but it made me think. I'm aware admin are very busy and it can take up to 48 hours to deal with but in that time, the person named has their name in lights with, on this occasion, something that was pretty nasty.

Would it be possible that when a status is reported, its removed from public display immediately until such time as it has been reviewed? It seems very unfair if what was written in this particular case was unfounded as it was not nice.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

I suppose you might get people reporting for the hell of it if that was the case knowing the status would be removed straight away

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I suppose you might get people reporting for the hell of it if that was the case knowing the status would be removed straight away"

Not a very supportive reply from an admin?

By *rettyLittleThingWoman  over a year ago

Swansea

"I suppose you might get people reporting for the hell of it if that was the case knowing the status would be removed straight away"

I agree with this

I have unfortunately found out that even on Fab people can be catty..

I've only once been reported for a status and it was completely silly and aimed at my Mr, but someone reported me for it (I was surprised someone went to the effort if I am honest).

Makes me wonder what would happen if people were aware of this.

By *ngelsdevilWoman  over a year ago

Merseyside

"I suppose you might get people reporting for the hell of it if that was the case knowing the status would be removed straight away

I agree with this

I have unfortunately found out that even on Fab people can be catty..

I've only once been reported for a status and it was completely silly and aimed at my Mr, but someone reported me for it (I was surprised someone went to the effort if I am honest).

Makes me wonder what would happen if people were aware of this.

"

I've had 2 statuses removed today and I haven't been naming and shaming or directing at anyone in particular. Its very strange.

By *hole Lotta RosieWoman  over a year ago

Deviant City

I've had status's removed pretty swiftly. Never named and shamed, two were football jokes and one that said I spy fakes

Posted them again on separate days and woooosh, they disappeared! Yet I see naming and shaming ones all the time.

Odd, I tell thee!

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The status in question accused someone of something illegal and had been up for 9 hours when I reported it. Seems very unfair for the person named if its untrue to have that against their name. I see the point about people reporting status updates for the hell of it but if there was an option to tick saying named on status then maybe ticking that when reporting would take it away immediately and the people reporting not necessarily know this happens to avoid people doing it for no reason?

By *rettyLittleThingWoman  over a year ago

Swansea

"I've had status's removed pretty swiftly. Never named and shamed, two were football jokes and one that said I spy fakes

Posted them again on separate days and woooosh, they disappeared! Yet I see naming and shaming ones all the time.

Odd, I tell thee!"

Yeh same, wasn't naming or shaming (obviously since he's my husband lol and I can kick his butt once it's in range myself) but had a standard message so who knows what it was for.

I don't know, maybe an option to tick like you say but I think it would be quite difficult and a little way off to start putting something like that in.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I suppose you might get people reporting for the hell of it if that was the case knowing the status would be removed straight away

Not a very supportive reply from an admin?"

It wasn't meant to be a supportive reply....it was MY own personal view.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"The status in question accused someone of something illegal and had been up for 9 hours when I reported it. Seems very unfair for the person named if its untrue to have that against their name. I see the point about people reporting status updates for the hell of it but if there was an option to tick saying named on status then maybe ticking that when reporting would take it away immediately and the people reporting not necessarily know this happens to avoid people doing it for no reason?"

Maybe a 24hr site ban for people reporting stuff maliciously?

» Add a new message to this topic