FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Show age-range external to unopened profiles ?

Show age-range external to unopened profiles ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

As an older man, I sometimes approach users whose age-range I'm over but who don't put the "only" restriction on the upper age, (e.g. "40 - 55" rather than "40 - 55 only"). They can reject me if they wish, though some don't.

To find those without the "only", I have to omit "looking for someone my age" from my search; but this inevitably brings up many "only" age-ranges that exclude me.

I would value a facility to see the age-range, (including any "only" restriction), 'externally' to the profile so that I can skip over those not suitable without having to open the profile to find out (especially as the age-range is located away down below all the profile text).

Would such a facility be possible, please ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

I'm not clear on what you mean by "put the "only" restriction on the upper age". Can you clarify?

"I'm not clear on what you mean by "put the "only" restriction on the upper age". Can you clarify?"

Yes. Some profiles put their preferred age range as (e.g.) "20 - 55", but that still leaves me free (in my 60s) to take a chance and mail them. I get a system 'warning' that I'm outwith their age range, but am not blocked from sending a message.

But if they say "20 - 55 only" that physically locks me out of mailing them; they have ticked a box that excludes anyone outside their lower or upper age limits.

Joe.

By *lighty1Woman  over a year ago

You Dont Need to Know, right now

I see, you'd like to be able to browse based on their preferences and their filters separately? So where there is a box to tick for "I must match their age requirements too", you would like the age requirement changed to "They must not have FILTERED my age group out"? Thus reducing the results of your search to people who you are able to send messages to.

I can imagine that this might be useful, especially when people might be flexible about their preferences.

By *heRainManMan  over a year ago

Warrington & Glasgow

"Yes. Some profiles put their..."
Ah, I don't have an age range set, so that filter wasn't available on my Filters page! Crystal clear now!

"I see, you'd like to be able to browse based on their preferences and their filters separately? So where there is a box to tick for "I must match their age requirements too", you would like the age requirement changed to "They must not have FILTERED my age group out"? Thus reducing the results of your search to people who you are able to send messages to.

I can imagine that this might be useful, especially when people might be flexible about their preferences."

------

Well, you're kind of on the right lines there.

But what I'm looking for is: - you know how, in search listings, the profile's (what can I call it ?) "thumbnail" ( ? ) version is shown (i.e. before you click to open the profile), and on that thumbnail version it already tells you e.g. their location, and their age. So if they're too far away, or not an age you want, you needn't bother even opening the profile, but skip over them.

Similarly, I'd like that thumbnail to display their desired age-range, (e.g. 'seeking 30 - 59'; and where they have ticked the "only" box, (the 'lock-you-out' option, it would be displayed as 'seeking 30 - 59 ONLY'). That way, I could see immediately whether there was any point in opening the profile.

» Add a new message to this topic