FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > What is "Prevent additional dialogs" ?

What is "Prevent additional dialogs" ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

When I tick a read or sent message for deletion, then click the "del" button, a box comes up asking if I really do want to delete those messages. So far, so good.

But the box also has an enigmatic question, with a tick box, asking "Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs ?". Not understanding it, I leave that bit well alone. But what does it mean ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

i wondered that too

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

its the browser saying that you can stop those pop ups appearing.

means when you delete you do not get another warning.

"its the browser saying that you can stop those pop ups appearing.

means when you delete you do not get another warning."

----

Sorry, I'm not quite on your wavelength there. The box that comes up is surely necessary as it's asking me to check that I'm not deleting a message by mistake. So I don't want to eliminate that check. Why would anyone not want it ? If it's what you think it is, I can only say it's poorly worded, as jargon, and would be more helpful as (e.g.) "Don't show this box at future deletions".

Unless it means something else ... ?

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

What browser?

Admin X

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"its the browser saying that you can stop those pop ups appearing.

means when you delete you do not get another warning.

----

Sorry, I'm not quite on your wavelength there. The box that comes up is surely necessary as it's asking me to check that I'm not deleting a message by mistake. So I don't want to eliminate that check. Why would anyone not want it ? If it's what you think it is, I can only say it's poorly worded, as jargon, and would be more helpful as (e.g.) "Don't show this box at future deletions".

Unless it means something else ... ?"

It means exactly what that poster said. Contact the browsers to question the wording

By *olfcartweaselCouple  over a year ago

Melrose

Some spammy websites prevent you from closing your browser window or navigating away, by constantly showing you those pop-up windows ("modal dialogs") that block other usage of the browser.

To work around this, all the major browsers added an option to block modal dialogs after the first couple, in case you've been put in a loop of them.

As a result, *any* site which uses more than one modal dialog box on a single web page (which Fab does) will cause your browser to add the "don't show any more modal dialogs" tickbox, and if you tick it, it will automatically just cancel whatever would have caused that box to appear.

Thanks to all respondents. I think I understand now. ... hmmm ... ("think" being the operative word !!) ...

» Add a new message to this topic