FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Name and shame

Name and shame

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *angerous007 OP   Man  over a year ago

nuneaton

I really think this should be more now on this than ever before with time-wasters!.

They seem to be comimg out of the woodwork even more now.

I have used the Report-Profile and It does not work that quickly or effectivly.

It would help the site.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It does work when it's appropriate for it to work, ie fake profiles etc

What exactly are you reporting ? The fact that someone, in your opinion, has wasted your time ?

"I really think this should be more now on this than ever before with time-wasters!.

They seem to be comimg out of the woodwork even more now.

I have used the Report-Profile and It does not work that quickly or effectivly.

It would help the site."

Such is life...

how would the naming and shaming work, those profiles that are found to be false and fake will soon be deleted any way, so having their username in a list wouldn't be very productive.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

We'll never do a name and shame page, and we specifically don't allow any naming of other users abusively on profiles (and ban people for this, without further warning).

There are dozens of reasons, but we'll list some here.

* How will you feel if someone adds you to it? Such a page couldn't be policed so you'd be on it for life.

* Are you really expecting people to check the name and shame list in detail every time before they contact someone? This simply isn't practical.

* One person's timewasting is another person's change of plans.

* People get accused of timewasting when they've been contacted by someone who is not fanciable to them. How are we going to police this?

If someone has messed you around, feel free to repor that user to Admin using the report link on their profile. If there is a clear pattern of abuse with multiple reports, we will take action for the collective good. But we will never have a name and shame page.

Admin x

"We'll never do a name and shame page, and we specifically don't allow any naming of other users abusively on profiles (and ban people for this, without further warning).

There are dozens of reasons, but we'll list some here.

* How will you feel if someone adds you to it? Such a page couldn't be policed so you'd be on it for life.

* Are you really expecting people to check the name and shame list in detail every time before they contact someone? This simply isn't practical.

* One person's timewasting is another person's change of plans.

* People get accused of timewasting when they've been contacted by someone who is not fanciable to them. How are we going to police this?

If someone has messed you around, feel free to repor that user to Admin using the report link on their profile. If there is a clear pattern of abuse with multiple reports, we will take action for the collective good. But we will never have a name and shame page.

Admin x"

To add to what Sj and Mark have said, there is always 3 sides to any story, your side, their side and somewhere in the middle is the truth. Without an option for the other party to "defend" themselves then naming and shaming on profiles, forums or within chat rooms is totally wrong.

Steve

could u imagine if i named and shamed someone, yet that person had my address ??? there's lots of loons around... i certainly wouldn't name and shame anyone.

At the end of the day, there is no place on any site to openly name and shame another member

If that was ever allowed (and I know that it never will on this site) the place would degenerate into a free for all and that would most certainly spell the begining of the end for the site.

If another member is preceived to have caused a problem - the only soloution is to discuss the matter in private with Admin and not on a public forum

Name and shame would never work and should never be allowed

I'm happy to accept the fors and againsts regarding 'naming and shaming', but I think a slight problem comes when people feel that there's little reaction from Admin.

For a start I think it would be useful if it was put somewhere, permanently, details of the process which goes on behind the scenes after somebody presses the "Report" button. If this is already somewhere then my apologies, I obviously haven't noticed or come across it yet!

I know of one or two people who feel that nothing's happened after they've contacted Admin about something.

agree that name and shame is dangerous and also very wrong. As has been said previously, some people won't accept genuine reasons for not being able to actually attend a meet. I think though that if you at least have some conversation with the person you are meeting in advance you can tell what they are like.

Now if you get there and they aren't what they look like or personality is different, not much can be done about that. Thats why meeting in public first can be a good idea.

I think the best is that if you are meeting someone and they are verified, check the people who verified them etc...

There is always a solution somewhere.

Ritchie

"I'm happy to accept the fors and againsts regarding 'naming and shaming', but I think a slight problem comes when people feel that there's little reaction from Admin.

For a start I think it would be useful if it was put somewhere, permanently, details of the process which goes on behind the scenes after somebody presses the "Report" button. If this is already somewhere then my apologies, I obviously haven't noticed or come across it yet!

I know of one or two people who feel that nothing's happened after they've contacted Admin about something."

I feel pretty confident that, if Admin look at a reported profile and deem the complaint to be valid, then that profile will be removed or otherwise dealt with as they see fit, and I can testify to this myself because I've reported several profiles for varying reasons and they have been dealt with - usually with the minumum of delay.

I suppose with regards to the members who feel that they've reported a profile and nothing's happened, I am certain that the complaint will have been looked into and the member maybe only issued with a warning, therefore because the profile is still on site, it appears that nothing has been done. After all it would be inappropriate for Admin to publish details of any action they've taken against anyone elses account

Forum Mod

"I'm happy to accept the fors and againsts regarding 'naming and shaming', but I think a slight problem comes when people feel that there's little reaction from Admin.

I know of one or two people who feel that nothing's happened after they've contacted Admin about something.

I feel pretty confident that, if Admin look at a reported profile and deem the complaint to be valid, then that profile will be removed or otherwise dealt with as they see fit, and I can testify to this myself because I've reported several profiles for varying reasons and they have been dealt with - usually with the minumum of delay.

I suppose with regards to the members who feel that they've reported a profile and nothing's happened, I am certain that the complaint will have been looked into and the member maybe only issued with a warning, therefore because the profile is still on site, it appears that nothing has been done. After all it would be inappropriate for Admin to publish details of any action they've taken against anyone elses account

"

Or to remove every person from the site that has a cpmplaint against them,after all there are 2 sided to every story

Exactly !

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

I know of one or two people who feel that nothing's happened after they've contacted Admin about something."

After a report is submitted the resultant page details the process and possible outcomes.

(We may do anything from "do nothing", issue a warning, disable certain parts of a user's account, temporarily disable parts of a users account or disable a users account)

Admin x

Ok Admin, thanks for the info.

lets tar and feather everyone and kick them naked in the street!!!! woohooo even better lets have a burning!! yeah baby!!!

Naming and shaming would turn into a witch hunt....bad thing

Tarring and Feathering is that a sexual preference i've missed.

Glad to see such level headedness from admin. Naming and shaming is something that happens in churches and similar institutions. No wonder they are empty and crumbling.

Wanted to put my pennorth worth in tho.. If you want to be totally ignored just spend all your profile space ranting on about timewasters it's guaranteed to make me yawn and move on. Can someone who does this explain to me why you'd rather spend your time being negative than making more effort to make genuine contacts ? Love the irony that i'm presently joining in with the 'timewaster knocking' brigade. Hmmm must go n tart up my profile instead of sittng here methinks xx gran xx

» Add a new message to this topic