FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Delete him verified

Delete him verified

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm not sure if something is in place but I think it would be a good idea to have a time limit from when someone makes and account to verification by facial image. Like a 2 week period and if they don't they get automatically deleted. I seen profiles where they been a member a year and no verification of any sort. Clearly a fake account clogging up the search feed.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *awty40_xxWoman  over a year ago

north lanarkshire

People dont have to be verified doesnt mean they are fake, if you think a person is fake then block and move on. People use this site in many different ways

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"People dont have to be verified doesnt mean they are fake, if you think a person is fake then block and move on. People use this site in many dfferent ways"

Dito

"I'm not sure if something is in place but I think it would be a good idea to have a time limit from when someone makes and account to verification by facial image. Like a 2 week period and if they don't they get automatically deleted. I seen profiles where they been a member a year and no verification of any sort. Clearly a fake account clogging up the search feed. "

just filter out unverified people...job done. We're not and never will be photo verified...its pointless

"I'm not sure if something is in place but I think it would be a good idea to have a time limit from when someone makes and account to verification by facial image. Like a 2 week period and if they don't they get automatically deleted. I seen profiles where they been a member a year and no verification of any sort. Clearly a fake account clogging up the search feed. "

Haha are you serious?

I'm not verified by pics and I never will be. I don't feel the need to. I'm here for in person meets. Which I've done a few times as my in person verifications prove. Meeting someone In person is more important than silly cams or just because they've posted a photo. Any photo could be faked! Why should I believe your profile pic is really you? Could be anyone that you uploaded. See, photo verifications mean little!

Not sure of the reason why they would be fake...some are but not all. I've had more no shows from well verified long term members than short term ones.

By *oupleLovesFWBCouple  over a year ago

Winchester

I think this is a fantastic idea, but would also add that people reverify on a recurring basis? Maybe annually... What do others think?

Winchester

This is also very true... It's absolutely fine to opt out as they're clearly not for everyone! Do think that a verification should expire so it remains recent and credible for those that do prefer to consider them in filtering out potential meetings?

By *ineMan  over a year ago

In cave behind a waterfall on a hill

Why do so many people join fab then feel the need to impose their own prejudices dogma and rules in others.

If you don't like the profile...

Just move on...

Simples

"This is also very true... It's absolutely fine to opt out as they're clearly not for everyone! Do think that a verification should expire so it remains recent and credible for those that do prefer to consider them in filtering out potential meetings?"

Don't follow why a verification should expire? It's hard enough for single guys as it is. Some guys can get verified once or twice then nothing for months....I suppose they can pay for them by going to a club or party, but not all guys enjoys group meets.

Secondly, like many others I don't collect vverifications. It's there just to show you are who you say you are.

"Why do so many people join fab then feel the need to impose their own prejudices dogma and rules in others.

Just move on...

Simples "

yep simple.

By *ucy. AlCouple  over a year ago

Newcastle upon Tyne

"Why do so many people join fab then feel the need to impose their own prejudices dogma and rules in others.

Just move on...

Simples "

Don't think its about that, there are alot of men posing as couples or women just to collect pictures and have a wank - if anything it would verify a couple or that it is a woman your speaking to. We always filter out non verified in our searches

By *lirty-CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Bexley

We are initially interested to see body pics (faces & cocks not essential) to get a feel for any guy we're chatting to but yes they can easily be faked so we'd never rely on them or expect anyone to rely on ours. That's why, before we meet anyone, we arrange to see eachother on camera. We made a rare, never to be repeated, exception to this last year when we met a guy from another site and it turned out he'd put on a hell of a lot of weight since his profile pics were taken. We already knew he was a nice, intelligent, guy so we did have a good social evening with him but the attraction just wasn't there and we didn't see him again.

Just move on...

Simples

Don't think its about that, there are alot of men posing as couples or women just to collect pictures and have a wank - if anything it would verify a couple or that it is a woman your speaking to. We always filter out non verified in our searches"

I think there's a lot less than what people are making it out to be. It's easier to collect from Google than off fab. I'd say a bigger issue is those with more than one profile to get around blocks etc. This is certainly not exclusively by men.

Everyone makes a good point. Seeing it from different points of view. Yh I guess they can be faked. I was just thinking of simple ways we cab eliminate fakes. I have only been here a short time and I have had so many gay men pretending to be girls or in a couple. No one is telling anyone how to run things. Just a friendly suggestion to helping make it a better place.

One can filter out unverified people; we do

By *evilsAdvocate72Woman  over a year ago

East

Just move on...

Simples "

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the site feedback thread. I'm leaving feedback. Not imposing anything on anyone. I'm quite interested to know why people are getting assy about a comment that could potentially help eliminate fake profiles. There is nothing negative about suggestion so why the attitude from some?

"Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the site feedback thread. I'm leaving feedback. Not imposing anything on anyone. I'm quite interested to know why people are getting assy about a comment that could potentially help eliminate fake profiles. There is nothing negative about suggestion so why the attitude from some? "

You make a very good point but on one had there might be a few of these so called fake profiles on here that people use because they don't get any interaction with anyone else and I personally don't believe they're doing any harm

"Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the site feedback thread. I'm leaving feedback. Not imposing anything on anyone. I'm quite interested to know why people are getting assy about a comment that could potentially help eliminate fake profiles. There is nothing negative about suggestion so why the attitude from some? "

but photo verification is so easily faked it will do nothing to eliminate fake profiles.

and will go a long way to eliminating genuine ones like ours...

By *estlands4Man  over a year ago

Sidmouth

"Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the site feedback thread. I'm leaving feedback. Not imposing anything on anyone. I'm quite interested to know why people are getting assy about a comment that could potentially help eliminate fake profiles. There is nothing negative about suggestion so why the attitude from some?

but photo verification is so easily faked it will do nothing to eliminate fake profiles."

How is photo verification easily faked? I don't see how holding a pice of paper with your fab name on can be faked?

"Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't this the site feedback thread. I'm leaving feedback. Not imposing anything on anyone. I'm quite interested to know why people are getting assy about a comment that could potentially help eliminate fake profiles. There is nothing negative about suggestion so why the attitude from some?

but photo verification is so easily faked it will do nothing to eliminate fake profiles.

How is photo verification easily faked? I don't see how holding a pice of paper with your fab name on can be faked? "

you have heard of Photoshop? or people who get someone else to hold up a piece of paper with their name on and take a picture? or that they don't actually have to have your face on?

By *estlands4Man  over a year ago

Sidmouth

How is photo verification easily faked? I don't see how holding a pice of paper with your fab name on can be faked?

you have heard of Photoshop? or people who get someone else to hold up a piece of paper with their name on and take a picture? or that they don't actually have to have your face on? "

So someone would go to the trouble of getting someone else to write their name on a piece of paper and hold it up take a photo send it to them so they can send to fab - why would someone bother?

you have heard of Photoshop? or people who get someone else to hold up a piece of paper with their name on and take a picture? or that they don't actually have to have your face on?

So someone would go to the trouble of getting someone else to write their name on a piece of paper and hold it up take a photo send it to them so they can send to fab - why would someone bother? "

for the same reason they would set up a fake profile in the first place? and then the amount of faith people place in picture verifications then compounds that motivation because it legitimizes the fake...

it's pointless and a waste if time...we've never used it as a component of our decision to meet anyone. Couldn't even tell you if any if the people we've met are photo verified.

It would only be a means of verifying who people are if it was confirmed against some form of accepted photo id...and I don't see people queuing up to upload their photo id onto a sex site on the internet nor paying the kind of admin fees that would be necessary to manage that system

Winchester

There's definitely scope to take a profile picture, but the effort required hopefully at least deters some people from bothering...

With regard to photo ID? That's a hard no from us and probably most others on here. Hard enough to trust major companies with that sort of personal data, I'd be deeply uncomfortable knowing our details are on a database that cross-references everything this site knows about us with our passports or driving licences!!!

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

I was on here for like 9years before I got photo verified. Not sure what even made me finally do it in truth!?

Getting a first meet veri took me a couple years too (but then the site was a lot quieter way back then)!

I get what your saying about the photo veri but for such a small effort it can be a big hurdle for fake profiles. Your telling me you would rather not use fab then to take a couple minutes to do the photo veri? I think i could tell if one was photoshopped to unless every fake is a photshop wizard

fab isn't essential to our swinging activities so if it put an obstacle in our way that we felt was so pointless and unnecessary to our use of it, then we would happily walk away...

luckily so far they've always been clear that it won't be a requirement...

"There's definitely scope to take a profile picture, but the effort required hopefully at least deters some people from bothering...

With regard to photo ID? That's a hard no from us and probably most others on here. Hard enough to trust major companies with that sort of personal data, I'd be deeply uncomfortable knowing our details are on a database that cross-references everything this site knows about us with our passports or driving licences!!!"

How's that about your passports? Or were you merely exaggerating a point?

well said.

Winchester

Relating to the comment above: "confirmed against some form of accepted photo ID"

"Relating to the comment above: "confirmed against some form of accepted photo ID""

I see. People are obsessed with the "2 forms of identification please" everywhere you go.

Data protection is surest way of collecting, using and misusing and often losing personal data.

I won't join a site if they asked for an I'd

But then u could say what is the worth is description. Or interests. Or appearance details. Location details. They can all be faked. Anything can be faked. It's not being able to prevent things being faked. It's about making it hard enough to be fake that it eliminates alot of them.

Maybe charge a one off fee of £30 when you sign up once you have been verified 5 or 6 times you get £30 site support membership. If your here to just use the forum room or chat rooms then you don't pay but aren't able to send private messages. It would cut down on fake accounts and multiple accounts.

» Add a new message to this topic